Re: Lair of the Mountain King: OOC Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 11, 2015 4:46 am

Surprise!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 11, 2015 4:47 am

They're on to us Thinks...

It appears we must achieved the planned objectives sooner than anticipated...

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:56 am

Quick, drain him for mp and then hp before he completes mr. rock!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:58 am

Obviously Mr Rock is the true BBEG - he is simply mind-controlling Burned into unlocking his final form! :shock:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 11, 2015 12:29 pm

You can't fool me, Thinks! I saw the update before you edited it, without the rune in the picture. I got really confused and thought you were talking about the planet/moon or something! :lol:

So, what do you guys think it is? Another trick from the BBEG, or something else?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 11, 2015 1:05 pm

:lol: dammit! I was hoping no-one had noticed :D Ah well!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 11, 2015 1:13 pm

Well, at first I thought the BBEG was summoning douchebags to come and wreck our shit again, but I'm now concluding that that doesn't seem to be the case and that it's rather that ominous glowing symbol. Which is probably meant as a beacon to summon douchebags to wreck our shit again.

Meant that for now we're saved at least, though I'm wondering if we should try and dispel it before it brings forth something nasty.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:48 pm

Probably. I'm planning on taking Thinks' hint - i.e. going downstairs, mediating back to full mana, then going back up and trying to scan it or something. Maybe I can figure out what it's doing before it activates fully?

Either that or I get corrupted by dark evilness....oh god, what if he's trying to summon Cthulhu!? :shock:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 11, 2015 1:52 pm

By what he said last update, I expect more something akin to cultists...

But hey, maybe actual competent heroes notice it as well!

...And immediately try to slay the goblinspawn, but hey, at least they'll take down the demon as well, right?

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 13, 2015 6:48 am

Hey folks, Just to let you know that updates are probably going to be Thursday / Saturday this week. I have unexpected teaching duties to deal with tonight...

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu May 14, 2015 4:32 am

So, day after tomorrow I'll be heading out for a couple of days. I'll probably be around the forums tomorrow, but thought I'd mention it now, in case getting ready is busier than expected. I may have internet access while I'm away, but I really doubt it.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:04 am

I thought with his mind all "cleaned up" Finds would regenerate MP quicker now? Or does he only have a certain % chance to get 2 MP, instead of 1, since he didn't have Princess Sparkles to "help" him?
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I thought with his mind all "cleaned up" Finds would regenerate MP quicker now? Or does he only have a certain % chance to get 2 MP, instead of 1, since he didn't have Princess Sparkles to "help" him?
Neither - he hasn't finished the exercise yet. "Clearing a space" was only the first part of the lesson :)
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:ooc: I remember looking it up and some of the magic learning turns were missing. Yeah you said practice but I wasn't sure if that would be only the way.
You guys meditated to become novice wizards in the first place, but more than that is just down to practice I'm afraid. You'll learn faster by casting more powerful spells, but they are more risky. Also, unless you guys say otherwise I'm only charging 1MP per spell but there's no reason you can't use more MP for one spell. The "safe" limits scale with your magic level: at L1, you can cast a 1MP spell without too much difficulty; at L2 that goes up to 2MP per spell. Trying to use more MP than your level-limit adds risk.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:48 am

thinkslogically wrote:
GathersIngredients wrote:I thought with his mind all "cleaned up" Finds would regenerate MP quicker now? Or does he only have a certain % chance to get 2 MP, instead of 1, since he didn't have Princess Sparkles to "help" him?
Neither - he hasn't finished the exercise yet. "Clearing a space" was only the first part of the lesson :)
If you had finished that much faster than I, I would have hated you for life. Then again TL's dice hate me.
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:ooc: I remember looking it up and some of the magic learning turns were missing. Yeah you said practice but I wasn't sure if that would be only the way.
You guys meditated to become novice wizards in the first place, but more than that is just down to practice I'm afraid. You'll learn faster by casting more powerful spells, but they are more risky. Also, unless you guys say otherwise I'm only charging 1MP per spell but there's no reason you can't use more MP for one spell. The "safe" limits scale with your magic level: at L1, you can cast a 1MP spell without too much difficulty; at L2 that goes up to 2MP per spell. Trying to use more MP than your level-limit adds risk.
Wow, I didn't remember the risk part. I sorta remember something about more powerful spells providing more learning, though I think that was more a guess than something I firmly remember reading. Glad I found that out before I started slinging 3mp spells recklessly.

For some reason obsidian portal has been a really slow loading pages for me recently. Its gotten annoyingly slow. Can we get character tabs in the posts? I can manage if not. Its just more of a convenience.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:56 am

I would have warned you in advance if it was anything too risky. Some of the early attempts at magic went wrong and left the PC stunned for a number of turns. Eaten tried to crush a pebble once using the force of a mountain and got very lucky on his dice rolls or that could have gone very badly wrong (but 2x 20s in a row are hard to argue with).

EDIT: Obsidian Portal appears to have gone down completely right now, but it's otherwise been fine for me. Is anyone else having issues using it? I can switch to inventory tabs if you would all prefer that, but it'll take a while to sort out and I'd prefer not to unless you all really, REALLY hate it :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:01 am

He rolled two twenties and still got stunned?

You clearly don't understand the meaning of a crit:

19: No, you still can't do a wheelie.
20: HELL YES LET'S DO THIS!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:35 am

Fairly sure the result of those 20s was "HELL YES LET'S SURVIVE THIS!" :P
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:39 am

M0rtimer wrote:He rolled two twenties and still got stunned?

You clearly don't understand the meaning of a crit:

19: No, you still can't do a wheelie.
20: HELL YES LET'S DO THIS!
Nah, he rolled 2x 20s and crushed the shit out of that pebble :) The stunnings were probably 1s or 2s.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:25 am

Howdy folks! I know I've been shitty at updating the last couple of weeks, I'm working part-time at a science festival and it's taking up a lot of my evenings and weekends with photo-taking and editing. It's cool, but it's been a massive time-sink.

Anyway, I should be able to get back on the update schedule for the next week or so, but I noticed we're still waiting on a couple of actions...

Also so's you're aware, I'm heading off to sea for three weeks from next Friday which will be pretty epic but does mean I'll be out of internet-access for that period. I should be able to play in games I'm in but I'll not be able to update these ones. Sorry about that!

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:52 am

Oops, forgot to post with all my course work... I'll try to get something up later today :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:54 am

No stress, I've got another event tomorrow night that I need to prepare some stuff for, so it'll probably be Friday before I can do much anyway. Just noticed we were short and thought I'd give a wee heads up

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:57 am

Hey folks! Is everyone around and ready to go if we restart the game this week? I've got everyone's actions for the next turn, but I'm not sure who's around and active at the moment...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:01 am

I'm here and ready :D

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:02 am

I'm always around.
My game:

My characters:

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:20 am

and me as well.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10