Well, shit... (G:AR Kickstarter)

Discuss the comic here!
TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Re: Well, shit... (G:AR Kickstarter)

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:06 am

RocketScientist wrote:Relevant information from Thunt in his blog. Looks like he agrees with your assessment.

http://www.goblinscomic.org/lowtide-update/
Either that, or he just happened to come to the same conclusion :P

Causes Malfuntions
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Causes Malfuntions » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am

So I am in wholehearted agreement that we need to work as a community to bring charges against Richard James and I'm excited that it looks like we finally have an avenue to help Thunt out with this. I just went to the site and started sifting through the report procedure and there are a bunch of options.

1) There is a contact person (two actually) listed at the bottom of the page in the FTC article about the Kickstarter campaign that is Helen Wong, Bureau of Consumer Protection, 202-326-3779. We could call and talk to her office.

2) There is an online form on the FTC website, it asks you to kind of go through a selection to describe what kind of complaint it is. In this case I would select: Scams and Ripoffs --> No Match Found (the other selections are for more "conventional" scams eg. posing as gov. or business, false checks etc) --> it will then ask you for info about how much you paid, how you were contacted etc etc. at the end of the form there is a space to tell your story or expand on anything you think is pertinent. Due to the personal report I think it is best if only G:AR backers send these in, it will not help Thunt to spam or, offend or annoy the FTC at this stage.

For the form I think it would be best if we could agree on a uniform answer aside from the personal response and amount paid fields to make a clearer presentation.

Any ideas/suggestions about trying to contact the FTC in an organized way?

/Z

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:46 am

Thunt just noticed that the official G:AR FB page has an active webstore. It's been around since the campaign was actually on track, and I doubt anyone has gone there to order anything, but it can still actually take people's money for a product that will never exist. If you're on FB, unlike the page and report it as a scam.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:10 pm

I'm at my PC, and managed to get that done. Has Thunt reported the page for theft of intellectual property? That was an option on the report page.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:01 am

I expect so. He has to have noticed that when he hit the report button himself. I did tweet him, just to be sure, but he didn't respond.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:28 am

Page not found when I click the link; has it gone down?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:44 am

For me it still works. And I don't see a "report" button (but then, I'm also no fb client).
Shop is run by beetailer. https://www.beetailer.com/categories/481145
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:18 am

The link I posted doesn't work for me anymore, either, but when I go to FB and search for Goblins, the G:AR page still comes up. Currently on my phone, so I'm not sure if the webstore is still there. They may have taken that down but left G:AR up? I'll poke around later.

► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:10 am

You need beetailer to get the shop down...

For me, Wears' link still works, and I tried it first, after Nikohl wrote it doesn't work for her.
For me it still works.
May be an US-take-down only....

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:11 am

Nikohl is in the UK.

Now that I'm at my real computer, I can verify: The shop link works on a PC. If I try to access it from my phone, though, it either gives me a 404 (web browser) or a message that the app is not compatible with mobile devices (FB phone app).

► Show Spoiler

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:35 pm

The link on thunt's twitter works for me. But when I try to buy anything, it redirects to Evertide's website, which is defunct. So it's not actually possible to complete the purchase. At least not for me.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:32 am

Now it doesn't work for me.

speakslittle
Of Few Words

Post by speakslittle » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:37 pm

*blink*
*blink*

Twitter
Tarol Hunt/Stephens ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins Jul 17 5pm
I can't give any details yet, but... Kickstarter... G:AR... great stuff is in the works! #GARBacker #Goblins

Tarol Hunt/Stephens ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins Jul 18 2:46pm
So... Are all sitting down? Last night... I received an email... From Richard James. #GARBacker #Goblins

Tarol Hunt/Stephens ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins Jul 18 2:48pm
We're currently emailing in private. I'll give you information as it becomes appropriate to publicly tell you. #GARBacker #Goblins

Witholding judgement. But it seems like filing complaints with the FTC might have made some things happen.

AlphaHermit
Remains Silent

Post by AlphaHermit » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Thunt shouldn't be talking to this guy without a lawyer. His business acumen leaves a lot to be desired.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:27 am

Maybe it's just about getting back his promo materials and other stuff that was in storage and never able to be returned, etc.

Really, that's the only thing I can see the two having to discuss. Beyond "Hey, sorry about everything man, here's a Dropbox link to all our rules planning documents, industry contacts who don't have beef with us, and preliminary printing/arty stuff, hope this helps - oh and a CSV file of the full backerlist since I know you need that - best wishes and I will now go away again and leave you alone", there is nothing Thunt should want to hear from RJ that didn't come through their respective legal representatives.

Even if he isn't a thief and a conman (I still maintain that it's most likely he used up all the money rather than taking it for himself), there's no justification for him burying his head in the sand and screwing his backers and his business partner over like he did, so he's still To Be Avoided and I should hope Thunt is in no way quick to forgive or forget that.

TheGreatOldOne
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: the_great_old_one

Post by TheGreatOldOne » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:24 am

AlphaHermit wrote:Thunt shouldn't be talking to this guy without a lawyer. His business acumen leaves a lot to be desired.
^--- THIS ---^ So much of this. LAWYER UP.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:51 am

Depends on topic and what ever.
There's plenty he can do without escalating.
Main thing though is not commiting to anything final yet ("need to think this through before I can agree to do something"), nor agreeing that a certain topic has been handled finally unless it has been finally and to full satisfaction handled.

Examples that can be handled now: agreeing to a timing of handing over the marchandise, and an e-mail with password to KS project.
The password should only be transferred by s.th. "written", and not by phone, so that he has a proof when he received it first...
Also, write down minutes of the topics, agreements,...

AlphaHermit
Remains Silent

Post by AlphaHermit » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:36 pm

I disagree. After everything that happened I don't think there should be any contact without a lawyer involved.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 pm

it is his choice.
And since it is going by mail, who is saying that no lawyer looks over it before the mail is sent?

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 pm

TheGreatOldOne wrote:
AlphaHermit wrote:Thunt shouldn't be talking to this guy without a lawyer. His business acumen leaves a lot to be desired.
^--- THIS ---^ So much of this. LAWYER UP.
Agreed. Why do I have visions of Thunt waking up in a field in his underwear? :(

Krulle, you're forgetting. Thunt is Canadian.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 am

That may be, but still...
It depends very much onw hat Richard wants to talk about, what the topics actually are...

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

G:AR Art

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:06 am

Let's start compiling the card images he published on twitter:

class cards:

the adventure/encounter cards:
► Show Spoiler

For your convenience, finally collected in one place.

A list of characters Thunt posted for his Improvised Role Playing Games on his chat channel: http://www.goblinscomic.org/irpg/ (scroll down)
Last edited by Krulle on Wed May 17, 2017 4:36 am, edited 44 times in total.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:14 am

That 'joke card' image isn't in the style of the G:AR cards. It's an exact Hearthstone card with alternate text.

Bloodlust is annoying. Just as annoying as Savage Roar.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 am

Yeah, I noticed when I proofread the post.
But was too cramped for time to change that, as I already spent quite some time compiling that list.

edit: Added new cards, Kore and Tul, to the list above
also added Goblinslayer and Duv.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:25 am

Added another (Succubust).
It seems like our artist can't draw boobs without attaching them to the collarbone....