CTF Practice Game 2 MVP VOTE CLOSED

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: CTF Practice Game 2

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:32 pm

And my curse continues...
CarvesAPumpkin, Level 3 Defender in Capture the Flag

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:43 pm

It is not really a curse if it is not up to chance. :p I knew you guys most likely try to go and tackle me from the b row and moving directly away made sure that tumbles would not hit me.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 pm

Yeah, that's what I would have done... but the last three times I've based my actions on what I would've done you guys have done the opposite so I figured we'd try something else :wall:
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:It is not really a curse if it is not up to chance. :p I knew you guys most likely try to go and tackle me from the b row and moving directly away made sure that tumbles would not hit me.
To the simple mind thunder is a deity's hammer, and the maneuverings of his enemies are the cruel hands of fate.

If anything I say offends you I am sorry. It is likely late and I am tired, or I'm upset and I am not thinking straight, and though I sincerely wish I could, I can't express myself in such a way that helps you be less of a crybaby.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:42 pm

SeeAMoose wrote:Yeah, that's what I would have done... but the last three times I've based my actions on what I would've done you guys have done the opposite so I figured we'd try something else :wall:
Yey! We are unpredictable! :D

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:06 pm

From now on I'm just going to flip a coin or roll a die :P
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Beware:
Sheldon Cooper wrote:"The dice giveth, and the dice taketh away."

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:44 am

Great guys! Except catching Carves we did very well. :D
:zzz:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Turn 11, part 1. Score: 11-9

The round starts off with Nerre cheering for Hides cloth- Although he doesn't really do anything yet... Carves a Pumpkin meanwhile was guarding, but meanwhile lamenting the fact that he always seems to dance with the enemy as he guards in anticipation of a tackle that never comes... Yells at Others guards too- Because why not?

Turn 10, part 2. Score: 12-9

The guarding did make room for Tumbles Down a Hill's advancement - Though Nerre seems to have seen it coming, guarding in anticipation!
► Show Spoiler
Blue point! And 2 exp for Nerre for sending home the enemy. Meanwhile, Boar slayer and Carves a Pumpkin have both seem to have descended to the A-row, as Hides cloth and Yells at Others were clearly both anticipating the other to advance a bit more...

Blue team:
Nerre 5 exp
Hides cloth 5% guard penalty until he moves. 8 exp
Boar slayer cannot sprint for 1 turn 8 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill Must warp back as first action next turn. 6 exp
Yells at Others 5% missed tackle penalty 6 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 4 exp

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:48 pm

phht. Looks like we are a dancing again, Carves.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:49 pm

At this point I have to ask Moose if he thinks this is badge-worthy... :P

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 pm

I think Yells is colored wrong, he looks like Boar in second turn.
Somehow I had to laugh when I looked at this turn. So many waiting for things never happening and the simultaneous movement are really funny.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:58 pm

It's a very rare skin disease, please be mindful if you have to bring it up... :shifty:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Maybe he is allergic to cherry blossoms. He is right below a branch. :lol:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:28 am

Turn 12, part 1. Score: 12-9

And the turn starts off with... Carves a Pumpkin by this point being utterly unimpressed that Nerre didn't advance down the middle, as his tackle to the middle row clearly shows him anticipating that- Seems he just keeps up dancing with the enemy... In fact, it looks like the only piece of excitement we might get to see this turn involves, Yells at Others, who takes a step back in anticipation of a famous maneuver named after a very handsome goblin...

Turn 11, part 2. Score: 12-10

And it turns out to be true - As the other goblins tackle into squares unoccupied or guard squares unoccupied as well, both Hides cloth and Yells at Others tackle into each other on the top row... But Yells at Others has the edge with the No-Name maneuver!
► Show Spoiler
Yells at Others comes out victoriously, earning a point for his team and 2 exp for himself as he sends Hides cloth home! Boar slayer meanwhile also earns a new advancement exp.

Blue team:
Nerre 5% guard penalty until he moves.5 exp
Hides cloth Must warp back as first action next turn. 8 exp
Boar slayer 5% missed tackle penalty 9 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 6 exp
Yells at Others 8 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 5% missed tackle penalty 4 exp

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:40 am

Er....how did he get a 20% bonus? He is not a defender so he does not get thst bonus... And i do not see it in the rules that a turn around tackle would give you a bonus. What am i missinghere?

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:04 am

He gets a 10% tackle bonus per square moved. 2 squares = 20%

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:11 pm

But moving back and forth...in most table tops I play only the move towards the target counts, so it would only be 10%, not 20%. I think this is what Asks means.

The tackling player gets a +10% bonus per square moved in the resulting tussle.

I read this as "every square moved towards the target", since moving away from it is no part of the resulting tussle, and turning around 180% would eat up most or all of the speed you gained until then.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:38 pm

If you can show me where it says "each square moved towards your target and I'll agree with you... but it doesn't and we have always played it as the number of squares moved regardless of direction.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:28 am

Turn 13, part 1. Score: 12-10

Carves a Pumpkin continues to be thorougly unimpressed that Nerre moves back as he tackles forward- Both him and Boar slayer seeming to set up for what is without a doubt a maneuver called after the most handsome goblin of the entire clan.

"That's getting quite enough if you want to host any further matches No Name!"

Aaaaanyways- Carves a Pumpkin tackle hits only dirt- But leaves him in a very prone position for what is about to happen next...

Turn 13, part 2. Score: 13-10

As Nerre tackles straight back into the same square! At the same time however, Tumbles Down a Hill sprints in...
► Show Spoiler
Blue point! And 2 exp to Nerre for sending him home. The game is drawing evermore near to match-point...

Blue team:
Nerre 7 exp
Hides cloth 5% guard penalty until he moves. 8 exp
Boar slayer 5% missed tackle penalty 9 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 6 exp
Yells at Others 8 exp
Carves a Pumpkin Must warp back as first action next turn. 4 exp

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 am

Turn 14, part 1. Score: 13-10

Nerre and Tumbles Down a Hill ignore each other completely- Both charging down the middle of their enemy lanes, as it at first seems the blue team isn't going to be doing anything about it... Although Boar slayer does move back...

Turn 14, part 2. Score: 13-13

And it soon enough turns out why- As both Boar slayer and Hides cloth tackle into the path of the advancing Tumbles Down a Hill, trying to take him down! The first being Boar slayer, as he attempts to grab Tumbles Down a Hill as he's leaving the square!
► Show Spoiler
Red point! Tumbles Down a Hill manages to slip through the mazes of the net, earning 1 xp for himself- Only to enter the flag square to be tackled by Hides cloth!
► Show Spoiler
And somehow Tumbles Down a Hill manages to tumble right past both enemies that are after him! Getting himself two points for his team, one for the dodge and the other for reaching their flag square, as well as another exp. Nerre meanwhile had advanced far along the enemy field, earning himself 2 exp for advancement...

Blue team:
Nerre 5% missed tackle penalty 9 exp
Hides cloth 8 exp
Boar slayer 9 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 8 exp
Yells at Others 5% missed tackle penalty 8 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 4 exp

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am

Turn 15, part 1. Score: 15-14

Things start getting hectic, the entire game now depending on what could be nothing but the slightest bit of luck- As Carves a Pumpkin does his best to intercept Nerre on his way to the flag square!
► Show Spoiler
However, Nerre slips through! Earning himself 1 xp for advancing to the flag square, as well as a blue point!

Seeing this, Tumbles Down a Hill grabs the flag preparing to escape- But Hides cloth is standing ready to intercept him, guarding against him!
► Show Spoiler
And Tumbles Down a Hill is taken down HARD- Getting the blue team the final point they need to win! But wait- Yells at Others is still advancing past a guarding Boar slayer!
► Show Spoiler
A red point, saving their team from a loss just yet as we go into overtime! Yells at Others gets 1 exp for the successful dodge as well.

Turn 15, part 2. Score: 16-14

However, Yells at Others's run is not yet over- As he tackles into their flag square, assaulted by both Hides cloth and Boar slayer!
► Show Spoiler
Alas, it was not meant to be- As Hides cloth manages to pin down Yells at Others, securing the victory!

BLUE TEAM WINS

FINAL EXP TALLY
Blue team:
Nerre 11 exp
Hides cloth 13 exp
Boar slayer 10 exp

Red team:
Tumbles Down a Hill 8 exp
Yells at Others 9 exp
Carves a Pumpkin 4 exp

MVP VOTE OPEN
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Re: CTF Practice Game 2 MVP VOTE OPEN

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Yey! We won! It was a close match. So um...what are the rules for mvp? Can one vote for themself? (Seems to be a bit...lame to me but i wanna know)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Hehe, my char is looking at the flag as if he was saying "My precious". :)
Close endgame, liked it a look. I think we just were a bit more lucky in the end.

Do I get any xp for picking up the flag? Did not read anything about it.

MPV:
I vote for Theis' Yells (as manners dictate to pick one from the loosing team and he played very well. I even learned some tactics from him, while he tricked me 4 or 5 times).

Davis8488
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by Davis8488 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:22 pm

I vote for Tumbles Down a Hill. His tactics had us leading for 2/3 of the game.

► Show Spoiler