CTF Game 1 Turn 11 Game Over MVP Vote Closed

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 9

Post by Krulle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:08 pm

SeeAMoose wrote::clap: There we go! It is the right code but for whatever reason it won't work for me when I edit the post :wall:
By default smilies are off in my posts.... >:D

And I chose :applauds!: on purpose.... I'm applauding their winning move, not just a few claps.... ;)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Heheh, well I suppose that's what I get for trying to be helpful :P.

Also, I was asked if it is possible to try to capture the flag again immediately after a successful capture. I'm going to rule that a teammate can try to pick up a flag the turn after a capture BUT only if they were not part of the initial flag run and did not get any xp for the previous flag capture. Anyone who participated in a successful flag capture has to return to their own half before they can touch the flag again or get any xp from participating in a flag capture. I doubt this is going to become an issue in a 3v3 game, but it could come up in a 5v5 or a 4v4.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 am

SeeAMoose wrote:I'm going to try something next turn with the visuals, we'll see if the game lasts long enough for me to really try this out. It'll take a couple of turns to set it up, so first person to guess (after next turn) gets 1 xp.
Animated GIF? Putting all turns after each other so that one can see in one image how the game developed?

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 am

SeeAMoose wrote:By the way, awesome job by both teams, this was an exciting turn to make. I'm going to try something next turn with the visuals, we'll see if the game lasts long enough for me to really try this out. It'll take a couple of turns to set it up, so first person to guess (after next turn) gets 1 xp.
My guess is nothing. Nothing actually changes. You just want to drive people nuts trying to find the difference. :evillaugh:
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 am

Guys guys, he said after next turn.

So I just have to camp until he posts the update to try and steal your answers. :shifty:

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:33 am

Is next turn going to be posted on April 1, by any chance?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:36 am

Oh god, are we going to have another dragon attack?!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:01 am

Nah, but me shitting my pants.... The losing team gets brown spots in their pants... :p

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:39 am

SeeAMoose wrote:Turn 9, part 1. Score: 2-8.[...] Pats tries to prevent Dreamer from moving forward to support his teammates.
► Show Spoiler
Question: Isn't that a 20% bonus?
1-10/11-20 is half; 1-9 is already a -10% for me and a +10% for Pats (I only have 9 numbers which win instead of 10, and Pats has 11 numbers which win instead of 10). 1-8 is a minus 20%..... And he should have received only a plus 10%... (which should not alter my chances, but that's the way with natural numbers and limited space on a dice).
1-9 should have been my win, 10-20 Pats win.... (Means a 45% win chance for me, 55% chance of winning for pats, which actually is 22% more chance than mine, not just 10%... Or if calculations are reversed, my chances of winning are 18,1818% less than his chances of winning.)
1-8/9-20 would have meant a 40% win chance for me, and 60 % for Pats, which seems far away from the intended 10% bonus for Pats, and unaltered for me....

The perfect system would include a variable dice.
For me 1-10 (unaltered), and for Pats 11-21 (plus 10% means +1 number)....
So, a D21 to throw by BotWalter...
I can accept that a bonus of 10% actually changes more than just 10%, as the other player must give up numbers to get close to natural numbers,

Anyway, another discussion about calculations which would not have changed anything, as I won anyway.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 am

It's not a perfect analogy, but it works. It's better than starting to throw negative dice, at least. ;)

It might be argued that percentages might not be the best way to put it, though.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:52 am

It's one issue, but my main issue is that I got a penalty of 20%, whereas the bonus of Pats was only 10%....
It will not change anything, but still...

BTW: Will Pats only get sent back when he loses a tussle in the second half of a turn, or when I remain in the square?
Important to note as we might have to defend our flag immediately again, as I don't know when it will be teleported back (will red have to drop the flag as one half-move for it to be teleported back, in which case you even control the timing of when our defend needs to be back up, or will the flag teleport back NOW, as you've carried it over the line and no move is needed on red's side?)
Regarding this there's Moose's ruling already here - you will NOT be able to get the flag right away again, but nothing on the timing of flag return. Wears gave me some input, but an official note would be nice.

It's another thing to note, like the getting up when having lost a tussle in the second half of a turn. That was a wasted move by me, as I though I'd have to get up first. (turn 6 - learning experience).

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:21 am

I don't think you understand how it works... When talking about the percentages it means that the dice get shifted that much percent in favor of the correct tussler. So when someone gets 10 %, 10% of 20 is 2.

And the flag is warped back immediately. You only send someone back if you pin them on your half. (so defend or tackle them)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:31 am

ah, now I get the Dice shifting. Thank you.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:48 pm

Just a reminder, I'm trying to update today if possible and I'm still missing moves from Chuck and noland.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 10

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:05 pm

Turn 10, part 1. Score: 4-13.

Mines advances to the Red's flag square, earning a point for his team while Righteous respawns one square over. No Name crosses right back into blue territory earning sweet, sweet advancement xp again. Runs moves forward as Pats and Dreamer square off in what is clearly an incredibly effective guarding duel in different squares.

Turn 10, part 2. Score: 5-13.

Pats tackles towards his own half, but both Dreamer and Runs advance into Red territory together, moving out of his range. No Name advances further relishing the delicious advancement xp. Righteous tackles the flag square as Mines picks up the flag.
► Show Spoiler
Mines manages to just avoid Righteous 's tackle, earning another point for his team and 1xp for himself.

Blue Team
Mines Flags: 4xp
Dreamer: 4xp
Bravely Runs Away 5 xp

Red Team

Has No Name 9xp
Pats Dragons 12xp (must return to his side before earning more advancement xp), Suffers a 5% penalty for missing a tackle.
Righteous Charger - 9xp, Suffers a 5% penalty for missing a tackle.

Next moves due by 8:00PM EST on Wednesday (about 46 hours from now), I will update tomorrow if everyone gets me their moves on time.

As for the extra xp for guessing what I'm doing, you won't get the xp just for guessing what I did this turn. You need to guess what I'm doing next, what I did this turn leads into what I'm going to do next turn.

On a different note, I think I've figured out something for the first mission, I just need to do a bunch of prep work to figure out if I can do what I want to do.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:33 pm

1. The text of the post describes this as Turn 9 instead of Turn 10, even though you got the topic right.

2. <Temporarily removed. Should have asked if we were supposed to discuss this here or by PM.>

3. Yay! Things are finally going our way! Let's see how long it lasts...
Last edited by WearsHats on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing guess
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:38 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about Wears :shifty: I'm going to give everyone a chance to comment before I say anything about it.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Removed my guess, sent it by PM instead. Moose said it's fine if we want to guess in thread, but I think it might be better and simpler to keep it private.

► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:53 pm

I didn't think it was darker but the shading on the rocks trees and bush is definitely different. Other than that I don't spot a difference right off.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 am

"Awww yisss."

"Mothafucking"

"breadcrumbs advancement exp."

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Still missing an action from nolandking, I'll update tomorrow. Also M0rt was the only one to guess what I am going to do so he gets the xp. You'll all see what's up tomorrow... and no it's not a dragon :roll:

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 11

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Turn 11, part 1. Score: 6-13.

The turn begins as it slowly starts raining. Righteous tries to guard to keep Mines from escaping.
► Show Spoiler
Mines slips away (but doesn't get any xp or points because he already won a tussle against Righteous in that square), passing Runs on his way forward. No Name reaches the home row eeking out just a bit more xp. moves forward as Pats guards as Dreamer tackles towards him.
► Show Spoiler
Dreamer wins getting a point for his team and 2 xp for himself.

Turn 11, part 2. Score: 6-15.

The sky splits open, unleashing a torrent of rain. No Name gets another point for his team as he reaches the Blue's flag square. Dreamer stands over Pats who must respawn next turn. Mines draws one square closer with his side with the flag. Runs tackles towards Righteous.
► Show Spoiler
Righteous wins earning another point for his team and 2xp for himself.

Red Team WINS

Blue Team
Mines Flags: 4xp
Dreamer: 6xp
Bravely Runs Away 5 xp

Red Team

Has No Name 11xp
Pats Dragons 12xp
Righteous Charger - 10xp

So that's the game. If the Red team is alright with it, I would like to give the blue team xp for a capture seeing as there would be no way to stop Mines before he scored (save for the end of the game). I am going to change the rules for future games so that the game cannot end so long as someone has one of the flags.

The MVP vote is open to anyone who wants to weigh in, regardless of whether they're in the game or not.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: CTF Game 1 Turn 11 Game Over MVP Vote open

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:15 pm

I should be at 11xp (9+2=11)
and mines should have xp for dodging me so should be at 5.

Also it should be if the losing team has the flag. Not being able to win because you have a flag is silly.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:24 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:I should be at 11xp (9+2=11)
and mines should have xp for dodging me so should be at 5.
Rules wrote:1: After a player wins a tussle against an opponent, one of them has to leave that square before the winner can get exp or team points for winning a tussle against that same opponent again.
Unfortunately he already dodged you once in that square and so can't get xp vs you in that square until he leaves the square. This is part of why I'd like to see him get xp for what should have been a successful (if lucky) flag run.
Also it should be if the losing team has the flag. Not being able to win because you have a flag is silly.
Agreed, that makes sense. Otherwise alright with the rule though?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:42 pm

Good game, everyone!

New rule works for me.

Could get a little dicey if that's the determining factor in who wins the game, but it does seem fair.

MVP is a tough call. I'm never sure how to count these things. (Tempted to say that die roll back in Turn 4, which made the difference between my making it to the flag square and getting knocked out in the first half of the turn, but I don't want to encourage the dice in doing that.)

I vote for No Name.

► Show Spoiler