Other Webcomics & the Webcomicverse

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Catmandont
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: Ajrimmerstu

Re: Other Webcomics & the Webcomicverse

Post by Catmandont » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:15 pm

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:Just a quick note... the post you quoted are from marts yes... but a year ago ;) before the split was final...
all she posted was true... :)

but yes, they did part ways, Goblins is now hosted by The Duke as well is the forum.

Well, fiddly diddly dee, that's what I get for posting when I'm at work...

Thanks for keeping me temporally accurate...
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." The Tick

Hey! Why are you reading this? It's bad for your eyes, and there's nothing to see here; no words of wit or sage like advice.... Nope, none of that crap... Still here? Well, I guess you can stay for a little while, but no touching. Ok, MAYBE a little bit of touching, but don't expect a kiss... Oh, and don't expect me to cuddle afterwards, either. This is purely physical in nature, and you can't REALLY want something serious after everything we've been through? Fine... 20 seconds of heavy petting, and that's IT! Annnnnnnd done...

Tofu
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: Tofu

Post by Tofu » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:37 pm

I was sure that I found the link to Dungeons and Denizens here in Goblins, but I cant find the post or the link. Anyhow, that webcomic seems to have suddenly wrapped up with a few loose ends still in play, but it's seemingly finished with an emphatic 'the end' on the page that went up recently. It's a good read, and I like the way it takes issue at the changing rules base of D&D also.

A conspiracy minded person might say that the end is suspicious, how it coincides with the hiatus of anotherour D&D rule-i-verse based webcomic Goblins ...

First page - http://dungeond.com/2005/08/23/08232005/
Last page - http://dungeond.com/2014/03/05/03052014/

Go dive in, it's fun. Best arc is the Dungeon Day Care set about half way though - http://dungeond.com/category/comic/inte ... -day-care/

Enjoy!

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 am

Tofu wrote:I was sure that I found the link to Dungeons and Denizens here in Goblins, but I cant find the post or the link.
Maybe it was one of the earlier boards? We've had similar threads on each incarnation of the forum, and at least one had a pretty whopping huge list.

I know I first heard of Rusty and Co. on a Goblins forum, and I thought it was this thread but looking back I'm not seeing it mentioned, though it's late and maybe I'm just missing it. Either way it's moved into one of my top faves, so thanks to whoever mentioned it. :D
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

AddictedToStories
Remains Silent

Post by AddictedToStories » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 am

Here are two web-comics to keep you busy and laughing-out-loud for a while.

Bonus - both of these comics are FINISHED. Complete. No waiting for updates. Ever.

DM of the Rings- Non-traditional, in that it takes screen-caps from the Lord-of-the-Rings movies and turns them into a hilarious web-comic. Especially for those familiar with D&D role-playing. Read the comments on each page too if you have the time. Often some stories in the comments are hilarious.
Imagine a gaggle of modern hack-n-slash roleplayers who had somehow never been exposed to the original Tolkien mythos, and then imagine taking those players and trying to introduce them to Tolkien via a D&D campaign.
Home on the Strange Highly recommended web-comic with lots of geek-cred and the occasional RPG story-line. Geek-cred examples: TV shows and general geekiness, books, "old-school" D&D, ...

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:00 am

Hey

anyone of you know ReMind?
Well, If you don't, it's a cool little, a bit weird cyrealistic comic that finished... I think last year... and the artist is now making a new one... great chance to be in on a comic from the start... here it is:

http://sithrah.com/
-Best regards LAYF

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Just found this one pager - its beautiful. It took a day to write, and seemingly a year to recover from writing it over a day ...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 pm

That was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing it, Tofu.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 am

Wow. Thanks for sharing, Tofu.
Really, a great one.

At first I was disappointed that it ended so abruptly, it took me a while to find the imgur link to "view the entire album"... :P

My current favourite should be shared here too, it's also a love story, and weirdly enough, like Jonas and Marjorie a thing between opposite poles:
Chat - a love story by Audrey Soffa (she was well-known for The Bunny System)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Neat - thank you dude!
Krulle wrote:Wow. Thanks for sharing, Tofu.
Really, a great one.

At first I was disappointed that it ended so abruptly, it took me a while to find the imgur link to "view the entire album"... :P

My current favourite should be shared here too, it's also a love story, and weirdly enough, like Jonas and Marjorie a thing between opposite poles:
Chat - a love story by Audrey Soffa (she was well-known for The Bunny System)
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

errantcoyote
Mutters to Themself

Post by errantcoyote » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:49 am

"Time and Silence." Fantastic finish! Thanks TOFU.

BiggestBlackest
Mutters to Themself

Post by BiggestBlackest » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Hello. I'm going to be crowd-funding a comic I wrote in the near future. Would this thread be appropriate to plug it, when details are finalized?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:09 am

You can point us to the project-site, if you want.
The Artist's Alley would be even better, so I'd advise to create a thread there and link to it from here.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:28 pm

BiggestBlackest wrote:Hello. I'm going to be crowd-funding a comic I wrote in the near future. Would this thread be appropriate to plug it, when details are finalized?
I would suggest making a detailed post with relevant links in the Kickstarters worth Sharing thread in this forum. Then you can link to that post in your forum signature. Make sure to note in your signature that it's for a comic. Thunt really likes to help people promote their own comics, so we tend to give comic-related self-promotion more leeway. Good luck!

Azaziel
Remains Silent

Post by Azaziel » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:36 pm

It was probably because it's pretty well-known and already long-finished, but even so, I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned 8-bit theater. To anyone who doesn't know it yet, I highly recommend looking into it (and reading the whole 1000-chapter-fest in one weekend).

Decendant
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Decendant » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:39 pm

http://www.lfgcomic.com/ (Didn't see it posted here?)
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/ (For those who played World of Warcraft. Havn't played it in years but can still appreciate the humor.)

Tofu
Is Heard Often

Post by Tofu » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Tangents used to do fantastic reviews of webcomics ... sadly the gentleman in charge has ceased this voluntary labor of love, so there is a lack of webcomic reviews out there as far as I know.

http://www.tangents.us/

There is an enormously valuable archive to explore if you feel the urge.

Does anyone have any webcomic review sites that they look at regularly?

SUGauthor
Whispers Softly

Post by SUGauthor » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:19 am

http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/fleep/

This is a series of comics that really just functions as one short story. It's one of the most brilliant things I've ever read.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Epic callback in today's Darths & Droids. Could NOT stop laughing.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 pm

How has this guy not completely ripped off Goblins? http://www.btbcomic.com/comic/chapter-1-page-1/ Its monsters becoming adventurers, and the main character is a goblin!
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:08 pm

It's not new. And I think it's cheesy.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:38 pm

If anything, it's ripping off a more successful D&D webcomic than Goblins.

And IMO it was neither great nor terrible. It does not join the ranks of the truly great fantasy webcomics, but it's pretty decent art, and occasionally okay writing.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:06 pm

LAYF, I love ReMind!

Also, I recently blew through Ava's Demon, and it became an instant favorite. The art is beautiful, the pacing is very interesting--1 panel per page, made for quick flipping through the comic--the story is a little clunky at first but it quickly becomes really good. Only real complaint is that I read all the updates so far in only a couple hours, but it's updated ~20 panels a week, so I feel that makes up for it.
I am high in fructose.

gilleyvanweirden
Mutters to Themself

Post by gilleyvanweirden » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 am

http://elf-comic.thecomicseries.com/comics/1

It's a trippy and beautifully drawn comic with a great sense of humor.

featheredfeath
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by featheredfeath » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:23 am

gilleyvanweirden wrote:http://elf-comic.thecomicseries.com/comics/1

It's a trippy and beautifully drawn comic with a great sense of humor.
Oooh, thanks for linking this.

I'm really liking the art style.

gilleyvanweirden
Mutters to Themself

Post by gilleyvanweirden » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:01 am

featheredfeath wrote:Oooh, thanks for linking this. I'm really liking the art style.
You're very welcome!