GAL: Q4 - Completed (please move eventually)

For all games that are now over.
ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: GAL: Q4 - Tower Assault - Turn 77

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:29 am

Well of the equipable items that were not split up I'd like (in order of desire):
obsidian ring
cloak of blood banking (more for aesthetic than anything else)
helmet

I'd also like the 1/2 curtain for my war banner.

Other notes:
I don't need an axe if I'm given the straight razor
- wooden shaft & Spearhead (Can be fixed)
What is that from and why do I have it?

Soar's shield can be split? coolness.

And I think he queen ant head, hookah and books should all go to the guild
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:31 am

I have no idea if it can be split....it was simply a suggestion...you'll have to ask the gnome...and/or thinks

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:18 am

@ badge: The flaming trident, the berzerker's axe and the wizard's staff don't say whether they are 1 or 2 handed. I think I remember the berzerker's axe to be 2 handed, and I would assume as much for the other two, but I wanted to make sure.

@ team:
IF we go by badge's splitting suggestion (would be fine with me), which leaves these items up for grabs:
► Show Spoiler
and these if we take into account that the books (I'm fine with having them at the HQ allowing more of us to MAYBE learn about and dabble a little into magic), the hookah and the red ant queen head go to the HQ (I wanted to get the head mounted as trophy on the wall for the HQ anyways, but I still think that Walks should get credit/reward for that, if any):
► Show Spoiler
I guess under these conditions I would like Walks to get:
- Silver Necklace (Set with 3 Sapphires) (+1 Hp)
- Wizards Staff (+2 Atk, 50% chance of knockback)
- Length of Rope

I'll try and not be greedy about the DEF items, since Walks'll get - hopefully - a nice 1 h shield; also, the +1 HP necklace should keep Walks a bit safer AND I know that she'll get a nifty wolfskin cloak once we return to the HQ (cost her one valuable looking pelt and 20 G for the crafting, mind you, so please appreciate this. ;) )

@chuck: the spearhead and shaft is from Walks' inventory. Someone broke their spear during the quest and Walks decided to keep the pieces, to maybe repair it or build something else with it. I dunno why you ended up with it, and Walks with a whole spear, but it makes no difference to me. We can swap back, if you prefer. :shrug:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:25 am

Of those items, the only ones that Laughs would have a vested interest in would be the Leather Jerkin (since he did loot it, and he's the one that's had to put up with it's stench of rodent urine all quest... ;) Likely was going to see if Ralf can get the smell out) and the wizards hat, since it will look nice with his fake beard.

@Chuck, my plan prior to this quest was to see if the gnome could turn the tapestry rod into two more manageable weapons, but since we seem to be in good supply, you may have it for use in creating a guild banner.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:10 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:06 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:@Chuck, my plan prior to this quest was to see if the gnome could turn the tapestry rod into two more manageable weapons, but since we seem to be in good supply, you may have it for use in creating a guild banner.
Much appreciated man.
Synch wrote:Chuck, you could use the wooden shaft for the standard if you didn't want to use the tapestry rod.
Actually I could use both. I'd use the rod for height and the shaft for the cross bar.

Quick image search, the closest thing to what I wanted was this:
► Show Spoiler
but less ragged and without the skull on top. Still trying to decide what image I want on the flag.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:57 pm

I don't have a problem with the divison of loot except where is the water basin...

I had an idea for that for the whole guild but I know Walks was also talking about it...(though lugging it around dungeons sounds rather problematic)

I need to buy a helm but don't mind if Chuck winds up with the one from this adventure...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:15 pm

The water basin.....i forgot that...but due to it being a large(ish) item which requires it to be carried as opposed to being placed in your inventory,

Also, the Skull chest and bone key which Gathers asked for, I should mention has a special ability. (I'm telling you this as opposed to you discovering this, i apologize)

When two or more items/things are placed in the chest and it is locked with the bone key, once the chest has been unlocked and opened, you will find that the items have merged into one new item, though It may not always be the result you expected. However, this item (chest) is currently under her ownership and this new information should not be something to be squabbled over. I would hope that this item may become a guild shared item.
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Can I get the bark armor, magical components bag, and crystal heart? Also the endless basin are we giving that to the hq for a reward we split as a group? or does one of us want to keep it?

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:37 pm

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Synch wrote:Who's Ralf? What does he charge for work on items?
He's a gnome that works at the GAL. If you read through Q1 you'll find out how he came to reside among us. As for prices, its sorta variable with no set system. Ask and you'll receive a price based on what you want done.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:31 pm

ChuckDaRighteous wrote:
Synch wrote:Who's Ralf? What does he charge for work on items?
He's a gnome that works at the GAL. If you read through Q1 you'll find out how he came to reside among us. As for prices, its sorta variable with no set system. Ask and you'll receive a price based on what you want done.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:53 am

Sorry, yes, the berzerkers axe, Wizards Staff & Flaming trident are all 2-handed weapons.

oh, and arnold is going with Leaves(synch) obviously, though he may need to be found a home of his own because, for all you know may accidentally set the tavern on fire.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 am

SaruSama wrote:Can I get the bark armor, magical components bag, and crystal heart? Also the endless basin are we giving that to the hq for a reward we split as a group? or does one of us want to keep it?
Er...I'm going to question the crystal heart....since we don't know what it does...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:47 am

Synch, as far as the goblet, and maybe some of the other items, I think we really should have them looked at through the magic seeing glasses that are currently on the mud honey fountain quest before they get sold off to fund repair projects, but perhaps ralf or someone else may be able to determine magical properties of items too?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: GAL: Q4 - The End

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:42 am

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
The party escapes the Great Tree that stands in the middle of the No-Longer-Quite-As-Horribly-Evil Swamp on the back of a giant green dragon who has great respect for William, but not really anyone else in the group.

Other than the group splitting up any loot, I would again like to open this Quest up for any comments, critiques, or suggestions from anyone...I like to think of my style as always evolving and at least attempting to learn and improve, so please, anyone, add your voice.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL: Q4 - Completed

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:51 am

Arnold cracks me up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:58 am

Hooray! Congratulations on a successful quest! That ending looks badass (I haven't been following for a while I'm afraid but I'll read through everything when I'm done working I promise).

Ralf will be available for all your tinkering needs when you get back to HQ, but I'd ask for your patience in getting updates from me at the moment. If you stack up your questions in the HQ thread though I'll get to them as and when I can. Probably won't get pictures for a while, but I'll try and get you answers at least!

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:00 am

I must admit that my artistry skills are not quite as good as my tracing skills....

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:49 am

I just wanted the crystal heart as i thought i could sell/trade it for some money to get ralf to work on stuff.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:47 pm

OK yup maybe we get every item checked first.

Yay Arnold!

Thanks so much Badge!!
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:21 am

I love how Arnold sticks out his tongue in the last shot! :lol:

I enjoyed the game a lot. Thanks for hosting it, Badge. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:55 am

SaruSama wrote:I just wanted the crystal heart as i thought i could sell/trade it for some money to get ralf to work on stuff.
Then it should stay in the 'pot' so that we can divide the proceeds amongst all of us...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 am

Of course the crystal heart may be the wizards way of cheating death...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:08 pm

So it seems we didn't finish divvying up the loot. Wouldn't mind finishing this up.

Going off of badge's division and what everyone requested thereafter, it leaves us with this:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Everything else is a mishmash of unclaimed things or things going to the guild:
► Show Spoiler
You will notice, there are 3 2 unclaimed items. I might have missed a Dibs on one of those items. If I missed anything let me know. Or if you want one of those, call it.
Last edited by ChuckDaRighteous on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10