Threads of reality - OOC thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - OOC thread

Post by M0rtimer » Sun May 25, 2014 2:50 pm

A quick note- I realize there's probably not much to do in this update besides activating the runes and heading to the location. I just wanted to give you guys a chance to say/do anything if you'd wish rather than rush you ahead. Also the fact that I will be rather busy for the next couple of weeks, considering exams are literally around the corner...

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed May 28, 2014 5:30 am

Note: Studies (nor anyone else) HAS to visit Leviathan. If they prefer, they may do whatever else in the city- Be it exploring it further, (probably into the underwater part regardless) checking those statues or just going to the library and check out some books. Even if the librarian is still "working", if you'd just want to find out more about city history you could probably still do it there regardless.

Of course, the option is up to you. But hey, might be worth not going along, too! It means that you won't die when Cut inevitably pisses off Leviathan! :roll:

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Alright. Studies does want to visit leviathan though, he (she? it?) is one of the most powerful and mysterious beings in the ocean, and well worth going to meet, he just didn't know whether the invite was to cut only or to the whole party. He will head to the library when they finish talking though.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Sorry for no update yet Martin- I'm in the middle of exams and while replying to you wouldn't take too long, unless anyone else has something more to say, I'll include whatever business he has with Nami as well before we'll move on to past leviathan-ness. Shame I've had no excuse to make him show his "true form"

With that being said, I'll go ahead and answer your question- Considering they weren't going to give a rune for a cat, Harley would probably have needed to stay behind with Zil. Alternatively, you could have temporarily dismissed him back to the elemental plane, and can just freely recall him whenever you're in a proper area for him again... Which one would you say you'd have done?

The manikins could be there though, because those freakish abominations of nature don't need to breathe.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm

He would have asked Harley, but by default he probably would have had Harley wait. He prefers to avoid dismissing Harley whenever he can.

The mannequins probably bothered him the whole way to leviathan though :P

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Sorry for no updates the past few days guys- I've been too busy with other stuff, though you can expect one tomorrow.

To briefly summarize, though:

Thursday: Did an all-nighter in order to prepare for defending my portfoilo.
Friday: Actually did the portfoilo (with the help of copious amount of red-bull), then continued to spend the rest of my day in hibernation. :roll:

And today I'm afraid I went out with friends and it's a bit late to start updates still. Hope you'll forgive me, and see you tomorrow. :roll:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:19 am

Burns, your power doesn't work that way. :roll:

Firstly in that there's a size restriction, a cage big enough to contain a person probably being outside of that
Secondly in that you need two full actions to materialize the object in question- Meaning he would probably notice you attempting to do it.
And finally, any item you create appears next to you- Meaning that you'd actually need to be standing next to the guy to pull that off.

By the way, similarly, Studies altering the rune would take a bit of time- So him succeeding with that depends on how long you stall the guy.

Also, concerning Nami's thoughts on the matter- It looks like she leaves that decision mostly up to you guys. She doesn't know what to expect, and you are the guys that are going to be in trouble.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:50 am

Right. Stalling. Will do. During lunch break

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Gonna skip today mostly due to time constraints- With that being said, this give Burns the time to change her action, and I'd appreciate a definite decision from Martin on whether he goes for explodey rune or leaves it with the information above. Might be worth considering for all of you what exactly you want to do.

For Godbot- He's definitely showing intent to leave- Only reason he hasn't just swam off is because he's watching to see if any of you guys are going to try anything.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 pm

I did change it. Even if it was w little. Abd godbot, we wanthim to be stalled.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:11 pm

M0rtimer wrote:For Godbot- He's definitely showing intent to leave- Only reason he hasn't just swam off is because he's watching to see if any of you guys are going to try anything.
I know, I'm just taking the opportunity to be disrespectful.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:54 am

In case Martin doesn't post- I'll presume that the majority wants to go with the explodey runey plan, with both Hears/Studies and Cut talking to try and stall him to give him the time to do so. Update later today.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 am

I did edit my post, though we may end up doing the same thing anyway. The gist of it is he'll do no more than just prepare unless the others make a hostile move, in which case he'll start his stalling speech, preparing to explode the rune.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:30 am

Alright, I see the edit- Unless Tyrone makes any hostile moves himself or any of your party members does so, you'll stick with changing the rune into an explosive one.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:58 am

Exactly. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Too late Burns, Studies already said that. At least the merfolk watching didn't act on it or anything.

And no denying other actions, either. :roll:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:39 am

What do you guys think - should I try to just go on ahead, and see what Tyrone is up to?

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 am

Yes. I think you should

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Sorry guys, no update today. I have a headache, and it's been the first day on the job, which is probably the cause of the headache in the first place. :roll:

I'll try to have an update tomorrow. :)

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:05 am

I probably could've tried to make the Jabbawack into a suit of armor or something, but I'm thinking of running with this every-weapon-at-once thing more faithfully. Limitations force you to get creative, and that's more interesting for everyone than "a shapeshifting item that can be anything."

So if I make the Jabbawack into a protective item, it's going to be a weapon of some sort or another, like a spiked shield, or a net that I toss in front of me, or a miniature siege engine that I hide behind or something. (Also, next time I have to fix something in someone's mind, I'm using a needle and thread, not a paintbrush. Because needles are pointy.)

And by that same token, I'm kinda figuring that instead of trying to come up with alternate forms that can still use magic arrows, like a spear without a head or a dumb gunblade or whatever, if it's currently a sword, then I'll just notch an arrow onto its bow form and then swing it as a sword, consuming the arrow. It is every weapon simultaneously, after all. (And, again, more interesting than using it as a bow all the time to maximize damage output.)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:25 am

I have a suggestion. A tank. That can move in water

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:39 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:I have a suggestion. A tank. That can move in water
Or a submarine.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 am

While he's at it, how about he turns it into a time machine to travel back 7 days in time and tell you guys never even to start this adventure in the place because man does it suck.

Don't worry too much though. You're fucked either way. Rogues have armor penetration, after all.

That is if he's actually there though, of course.

Which he may or may not be.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:48 pm

If Godbot hasn't posted by tomorrow, I'll accept a substitute action on what Born replies to the advisor.

You guys might as well say what you want to say to him/any of the other important merfolk (assuming you can find them) after you arrive as well.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:54 am

Update probably later this evening. Wanted to do it today/Yesterday, but haven't had the time.