Kobold Mine [one slot open]

Home to all current Forum Games.
NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 0 [one slot open]

Post by NewOneAround » Wed May 14, 2014 11:08 am

Using a skill without skill is 1d[stat] -2 (no skill). Minimum possible roll is 0.

Crafting with example Craft pole, wood
Dificulty 5

0%-19% almost unusable (less than 1)
20%-49% crude (1 or 2)
50%-99%rugged (3 or 4)
100%-199%(normal) (5 to 9)
200%-299% good (10 to 14)
300%-499%fine (15 to 24)
500% + masterwork (25+)

Sorry I thought I had told you how far you can go without spending a Active action to go there.
You can forage, gather, hunt, run around freely in your mine and the meadows. Going Up the Hills or into the Southern Woods is an active action. If you find a named location its a active action to go there unless its in your mine.
So to gather in the forest you must

Active action: Pack my back and go to the southern forest.
Passive action: gather stuff and go back.
(ill ignore this for this turn. counts beginning Turn 3)

you can
Turn A
Active action: Pack my back and go to the southern forest.
Passive action: make camp and gather

Turn B
Active action: Study the diferent trees in the forest
Passive action: gather some stuff

but you'll leaving the save sleeping ground of your mine with that

There is a distance you can travel maximum in one action (lets call that Border A)

Here a picture (quality somewhere between almost unusable and crude)
► Show Spoiler
Taking some kobold with you is a (somewhat) free action.
You can order them to do so (you ARE the boss) or you can ask them (persuade chance of failure and only few will join)
You can try to direct them to do something (Active action) works for many kobold putting them onto a task. (if more than one of you does this the 'nicer' boss will get more helper)
GM for a Kobold Mine

Cutting, building and assembling inside of Castle Heterodyne [Salpicon]
Being on hold while working under the D'Jinn [Zeun]
Beeing a lost Goblin Slave (a.k.a. Mineling) in a godforsaken Hole [Complains]
Full of excitement for the rise of a new Civilisation

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 14, 2014 12:16 pm

So, if NPC kobolds can only do ONE action per turn, they can come with me to the woods, then to nothing (while I gather wood and train XY) in turn A. The next turn (B) I can inspect the forest and they can gather wood with me (and I train YZ). In a turn C (which you haven't described), I could gather some more stuff (alone) and they and I could go back to the cave (and I can train ZX), is that about right?
Presuming that we don't run into any hostiles, that is incredibly inefficient, taking the NPCs with me, but only getting to 'use' them for one of the three turns. Is that intended by you to work like this? *scratches head*
Also, in any of those 3 turns, the NPCs I brought along could just decide they didn't want to follow my instructions/advice any more, is that correct?

And if I stay within Border A, I can use my active action to travel there, and the passive action to gather AND then travel back, therefore don't have to risk sleeping out of the safe(r) caves, did I understand that correctly?

Edit: oh, and I copy and pasted the list of skills from the recruitment thread, so I don't have to look it up there repeatedly.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 pm

well that would indeed be horrible inefficent.
if you sent dem to gather stuff out here it would be so( starting turn 3 as i have written turn 2 with all actions but your crafting because i still need your number of turns you want to craft)
1st turn go there.
2nd turn gather and come back.

while they are with you they support you. you gain a bonus on your check because they use the same skill.
1st turn
PC
active go with my friend into the wood
passive gather
NPC
Active follow the leader and do whatever he does

and no as long as you take them with you they obey your orders (exept some dick goes up to them and 'steals' them from you)
and if you use your active action to dirct dem (Lead (Cha)) the get nice boni

correct you can go somewhere gather stuff and go back to the cave and bring your friends along. (and train)
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed May 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Well, okay, then, thanks for clarifying.

In that case I would like to:
*) ask as many idle kobolds as KnickKnack can find to pick up an axe and come along to gather wood with him (for the active action)
*) switch the crafting passive action into foraging (in or near the caves), whatever KnickKnack can find ^^
*) switch the training from Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) to Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int)

Because it makes not really MUCH sense to try crafting something without according skill. Not if you don't want to take forever or produce crappy stuff.

Sorry for taking so long and reconsidering so much. :oops:
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed May 14, 2014 4:09 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Sorry for taking so long and reconsidering so much. :oops:
I for one don't mind, since these delays helped us all better understand what we can and can't do.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Turn 2

1. Player Actions

Krat
Active action: try to mine the firestone deposit with a pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)]
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 5 Rolls: 1d5 +1 (preparation) +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +3 (Kobold helper) Result: 11]
[Round 1+2: 8+11 / Sum: 19 / Dificulty 25] ÔÇô ongoing Mined 2 stone, soft (siltstone) +5XP Krat gains Mining 2
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 31 - nothing

Passive action: try to mine the firestone deposit with a pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)]
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 5 Rolls: 2d5 +1 (preparation) +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +3 (Kobold helper) Result: 12]
[Round 1+2+3: 8+11+12 / Sum: 31 / Dificulty 25] ÔÇô success Mined 1 stone, soft (siltstone), 2d6 magical gem (firestone) (Result: 7) +5XP
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 62 - nothing

Training action: Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals +10XP Krat gains Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 1

Nockit
Actions for Nockit
Active action: Take a knife, then go hunting with his bow in the forest
Canceled ÔÇô See Wandering Monster

Passive action: Finish setting up the traps around the cave entrance.
[Knowledge - Defensive Strategies (Int) 1, Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 6]
[Round 2: 5 + 6 / Sum: 11 / Dificulty 10] ÔÇô finished +5 XP

Training action: Dodge(dex) +10XP Nockit gains Dodge (Dex) 2

Click-Clack
Active: Direct some of the kobold to continue mining the copper and then move back to the main cave. When arriving in the first cave, ask some of the available kobolds to go to the forest to see if they can find firewood.
[Persuade (Cha) 0, Cha 3 Rolls: 1d3 -2 (no skill) +2 +5 (Moral Bonus [New Mine, Fearless Leader]) Result 7]
[Round 1: 7 / Sum: 7 / Dificulty 5 (Its easy they realy look for work right now)] ÔÇô success +5 XP

Passive: Begin to dig out the area of O17 - O18 & P17-P18 to serve as an eventual "forge" area.
Ill break that down in a few smaller tasks.
Dig a tunnel from Water-Room[M19] to Ore-Room[M16]
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 4]
[Round 1: 4 Sum: 4 Dificulty: 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

Training: Lead (Cha) +10XP Click-Clack gains Lead (Cha) 1

KnickKnack
Active
*) ask as many idle kobolds as KnickKnack can find to pick up an axe and come along to gather wood with him (for the active action)
[[Persuade (Cha) 0, Cha 3 Rolls: 1d3 -2 (no skill) +2 +5 (Moral Bonus [New Mine, Fearless Leader]) Result 7]
[Round 1: 7 / Sum: 7 / Dificulty 5 (Its easy they realy look for work right now)] ÔÇô success +5 XP
[Cut Trees (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +0 (Kobold helper) Result: 1]
[Round 1: 1 Sum: 1 Dificulty 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP
axe Break 40 Rolls 1d100 Result 60 - nothing

Passive:
*) switch the crafting passive action into foraging (in or near the caves), whatever KnickKnack can find ^^
[Forage (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 6]
[Round 1: 1 Sum: 1 Dificulty 5] ÔÇô success +5XP 1 herb, unidentified 1 stone, hard (flint), 1 wood (ash)

Training: Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) +10XP KnickKnack gains Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1

Traknesh
Active: Convince two Kobolds to dig him a room (X17)
[Persuade (Cha) 1, Cha 4 Rolls: 1d4 +2 +5 (Moral Bonus [New Mine, Fearless Leader]) Result 10]
[Round 1: 10 / Sum: 10 / Dificulty 10] ÔÇô success +5 XP Traknesh gains Persuade (Cha) 2

Passive: Make a fishing pole out of 1 shortbow in 3 Turns
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 3]
[Round 1: 3 Sum: 3 Dificulty: 5] - ongoing

Training: Lie (Cha) +10XP Traknesh gains Lie (Cha) 1

2. NPC Actions
1 Kobold helps Krat mining
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 3]
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 44 ÔÇô nothing
3 Kobolt mine copper
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 4]
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 1]
[Round 1: 4+1+1 Sum: 6 Dificulty: 10]
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 44 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 68 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 98 ÔÇô nothing
3 Kobold go gather firewood
[Forage (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 2]
[Forage (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1]
[Round 1: 2+2+1 Sum:5 Dificulty: 5] Gain 15x firewood (branches and rootstumps and stuff from different trees you mostly cant use to craft)
1 Kobold follows KnickKnack and hit trees hard (them bastards)
[Cut Tree (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0] ÔÇô well not so hard after all
axe Break 40 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 45 - nothing
2 Kobold dig a room
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 Result: 2]
[Round1: 2+1 Sum: 3 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô ongoing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 96 - nothing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 50 ÔÇô nothing
1 Kobold starts moving stuff inside
1 Ozt stand guard

3. Event

Good: nothing good happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

4. Trader

No trader.

5. Wandering Monster

Krat and his companion encounter nothing while mining outside.
Krat and his companion encounter nothing while mining outside.

Nockit sees a medium sized mammalian creature.
► Show Spoiler
KnickKnack and his minion encounter nothing while looking for wood
KnickKnack sees some birds (about 2' wingspan) flying east while foraging in the meadows

3 kobolds gathering firewood see a tiny mammal and sneak away to evade him

Ozt stands guard something sneaks around
► Show Spoiler

For hours and hours Krat and his trusty Kobold friend hit the boulder with their pickaxes trying to break stones as big as possible and suddenly they find what they where looking for. A mild red light is flickering on the last stone they broke away and in the boulder. They can be proud to be the first kobold digging something of real value out of the groud: 7 shining firestones.
Krat closes his eays and trys to feel if there is anything else in there but it seems only normal stone.

On his way to the southern woods Nockit suddenly sees a big creature in the meadows. He estimates the creature to have a shoulder height of 30 inches and a body length of over 3 feet. It has two pairs of tusks protruding from the mouth and curving upwards. Skillfully he sneaks near and lets an arrow fly; right between the eyes of the creature, but instead falling to ground it makes a horrible sound and charges him full of wrath. A second arrow between its shoulder does the trick and the monster colapses. Nockit stands over his kill and starts to carry and drag it back to the mine.

Some kobold and Ozt are impressed by your prize.

While eating together Click-Clack explains what he want to do and some kobold volunteer to mine copper and begin to get a stock of firewood. KnickKnack takes the opportunity to convince one of them to make a quick trip to the woods and try to get some wood there.

Click-Clack starts to dig a tunnel from the room with the pool to the room with the ore veins. There is now a small hill of earth, clay and gravel in front of the cave as 2 kobold dig a room in ihe first cave too and add to the spoil.

KnickKnack's trip to the woods is very disapointing, but he (or she? Dont know your gender) is mollified by his results gathering in the meadows. Happy he stuffs some herbs, a big stone and some real useable wood pieces into his backpack.

All Kobold are hungry.

.[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
5x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 5 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 7
[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Brea: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)]
quiver [wood (ash)]
[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
► Show Spoiler
Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 6/7[/tabs]

Map:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by NewOneAround on Thu May 15, 2014 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Wed May 14, 2014 4:54 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Well, okay, then, thanks for clarifying.

Because it makes not really MUCH sense to try crafting something without according skill. Not if you don't want to take forever or produce crappy stuff.

Sorry for taking so long and reconsidering so much. :oops:
I like questions and input and sugestions. And I am still working it out myself welcome to the Beta ;)
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed May 14, 2014 5:33 pm

---> Clink-CLank haha...not Click-Clack...though i can understand the confusion.

A: Continue to dig the tunnel (To continue until complete)
P: (Same as above^)
T: Bargaining/Trading/haggling (something like that)

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Wed May 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Skills still need to be updated in the character section. They don't seem to have been updated to for the most recent gains.
Succeeding a skill- check gives 5xp. Failing a check gives 1xp. A Training Action gives 10xp.
LVL1 - 10xp
LVL2 - 20xp
LVL3 - 30xp
LVL4 - 60xp
I was under the impression this was for each lvl not total but based on the fact I've gain lvl 2 skills it seems otherwise? Just confirming.
You get a Stat-Point for:
Getting 1 skill to lvl 10
Getting 2 skills to lvl 6
Getting 3 skills to lvl 3
Getting 5 skills to lvl 1
By my count we should have reached 5 skills to lvl 1. Or do the starting skills not start towards that? Also is it one time bonuses or each time. (aka 10 skills to lvl 1 = another skill point)
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 15, 2014 12:11 am

I LOVE that you posted each char's actions in their color. Makes it much more traceable. :thumbsup:
KnickKnack is male, btw.

Also, lots of questions:
Why did KnickKnack only ask one kobold to come with him? Weren't there any more idle to ask in the first place? Or did he ask more, but only one decided to come along?

Okay, so how do we... "process" the mammalian creature (or the spider, for that matter)? Like skin it, cut up the meat and sinew and bones and whatnot for later use? What skill is needed for that? Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) or Foraging? Or some new skill?

Shouldn't the axe (=optional tool) KnickKnack (and the NPC kobold, if they listened to him) brought to gather wood give some sort of bonus? e.g. people could try to gather wood by just breaking branches or whatever, but using an axe should make it easier.
Oh, and would the results of the kobold that was accompanying him and helping him try to cut down trees have been added to his roll? Because that would make sense, that they would work together and that hence, their rolls are added together to get a better result. (I saw that he rolled a 0, so that would have made no difference, but I wanted to know this for the future.)

Will NPC kobolds learn skills ONLY from training or will they get better at what they are doing over time (e.g. the mining kobolds will gain ranks in mining)? In any case, you should probably track the NPC kobolds by name, or if that is too much trouble, at least by #, so you know which kobold is where, has what skills and what equip.

@ Team: I would suggest that the Krat with the perception skill searches the cave & perimeter. Something was sneaking around. It might be dangerous. :paranoia:

KnickKnack's actions:
Active: take a knife and try to cut up/butcher the spider body (try to safe poisonous gland, silk gland, other usable parts like mandibles, possibly pieces of its chitin shell for armor,...), make a fire and cook it (just place it close until it smells nicely, take away before it becomes black or smells burnt); ask the kobold that came along for the wood gathering to help.
Passive: start to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found (5 turns)
training: Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int)

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 15, 2014 1:55 am

GathersIngredients wrote:I LOVE that you posted each char's actions in their color. Makes it much more traceable. :thumbsup:
KnickKnack is male, btw.

Also, lots of questions:
Why did KnickKnack only ask one kobold to come with him? Weren't there any more idle to ask in the first place? Or did he ask more, but only one decided to come along?
You did not ask as a full action so only a small number of kobold joined you (rolled randomly) ^^ that small number was 1
GathersIngredients wrote: Okay, so how do we... "process" the mammalian creature (or the spider, for that matter)? Like skin it, cut up the meat and sinew and bones and whatnot for later use? What skill is needed for that? Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) or Foraging? Or some new skill?
To cut up creatures Forage (Wis) is apropiate. Its harder if you don't know what you are butchering (its high fantasy there could be random organs at random places)
GathersIngredients wrote: Shouldn't the axe (=optional tool) KnickKnack (and the NPC kobold, if they listened to him) brought to gather wood give some sort of bonus? e.g. people could try to gather wood by just breaking branches or whatever, but using an axe should make it easier.
Oh, and would the results of the kobold that was accompanying him and helping him try to cut down trees have been added to his roll? Because that would make sense, that they would work together and that hence, their rolls are added together to get a better result. (I saw that he rolled a 0, so that would have made no difference, but I wanted to know this for the future.)
I did understand you wanted to harvest wood to craft and not some random bits to burn up. Without a tool it would be harder, if you bring a high quality tool it adds to your skill.
[Cut Trees (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) +2 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +0 (Kobold helper) Result: 1]
GathersIngredients wrote: Will NPC kobolds learn skills ONLY from training or will they get better at what they are doing over time (e.g. the mining kobolds will gain ranks in mining)? In any case, you should probably track the NPC kobolds by name, or if that is too much trouble, at least by #, so you know which kobold is where, has what skills and what equip.
If you ask them for their name they will share them and I'll try to keep track of them, but no they dont get xp. You can order them to learn something. ( Hey you get a job!)
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: Skills still need to be updated in the character section. They don't seem to have been updated to for the most recent gains.
Yes you are right thank you. I only updated my own records. Should not wirte on this when I can not sleep :meh:
ChuckDaRighteous wrote: By my count we should have reached 5 skills to lvl 1. Or do the starting skills not start towards that? Also is it one time bonuses or each time. (aka 10 skills to lvl 1 = another skill point)
Krat, KnickKnack and Nockit gain 1 Stat each! :cheer: Upon reachin 10 lvl 1 you get anotherone (you gifted kobolds can be a nasty surprise for the poor adventurers running around)
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu May 15, 2014 3:58 am

Thank you for answering/explaining. :thumbsup:
NewOneAround wrote:
GathersIngredients wrote: Shouldn't the axe (=optional tool) KnickKnack (and the NPC kobold, if they listened to him) brought to gather wood give some sort of bonus? e.g. people could try to gather wood by just breaking branches or whatever, but using an axe should make it easier.
I did understand you wanted to harvest wood to craft and not some random bits to burn up. Without a tool it would be harder, if you bring a high quality tool it adds to your skill.
I saw that. But I thought that it would maybe make more sense if the rolls of KnickKnack and the kobold helper would have been added and the sum would be compared to the needed success value. That way 5 persons working together could easily gather more than on person alone, or 5 persons 'each on their own' (because as of now, that works basically as if one person was doing this 5 times consecutively), because as a group, they would most likely have SOME kind of success every time they try to gather, and possibly get a higher amount of wood every time, too. :idea:
Is it understandable what I'm trying to say? ^^*
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 15, 2014 4:41 am

Nockit will take an additional stat point in INT, Also while my action may have been "interrupted" one might say finding something to kill was the point.

Active action: Butcher the [boar?], maybe gathers can identify it? Focus on the hide, tusks and meat.
Passive action: Same as above, want to get this done quickly
Training action: craft- tailor (int)

Also are there recipes for armor? I want to turn that hide into some light armor. Something with low to no encumbrance so as not to interfere with my capabilities too much.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 15, 2014 4:52 am

Shouldn't I have 5 skills now as well? I'm fairly sure you said i just got Lead 1.

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 am

whoops^^
you get +1 Stat too
GM for a Kobold Mine

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu May 15, 2014 5:18 am

I'll take a point in Charisma

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

GathersIngredients wrote:That way 5 persons working together could easily gather more than on person alone, or 5 persons 'each on their own' (because as of now, that works basically as if one person was doing this 5 times consecutively), because as a group, they would most likely have SOME kind of success every time they try to gather, and possibly get a higher amount of wood every time, too. :idea:
Is it understandable what I'm trying to say? ^^*
The rolls of your helper are added to your roll or if they work alone (without a gifted) on a project they sum up
NewOneAround wrote:3 Kobold go gather firewood
[Forage (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1]
[Round 1: 2+2+1 Sum:5 Dificulty: 5] Gain 15x firewood (branches and rootstumps and stuff from different trees you mostly cant use to craft)
I think this is what you wanted to say. Didnt you?
ChuckDaRighteous wrote:Also are there recipes for armor? I want to turn that hide into some light armor. Something with low to no encumbrance so as not to interfere with my capabilities too much.
something like the one Ozt has?

Craft armor, leather
Skill Craft-Tailor
Material: [1 leather]
Tool needed: [hot water][1 knive]
Yield: 1 piece
Dificulty 10

Soak 1 Encumberance 1 Durability 6

the best (only) you can have (in your reach) for NO encumberance would be

Craft bracers, wood
Skill Craft-Wood
Material [1 wood]
Tool needed: [1 knive]
Yield: 2 piece
Dificulty 10

made from wood, hard they would have
Soak 1 Encumberance 0 Durability 1
(and hence would break with the first hit)(one extra lifepoint)

you are welcome to make suggestions for recipts (as pm pls) there is TONS of stuff to craft and I can only write down things 1. I can think of 2. I deem improtant 3. I have time for (you wont see a recipt for an anvil in a long time^^)
____
Nockit +1 Int
Click-Clank +1 Cha
KnickKnack - pending
Krat - has not posted
____
GM for a Kobold Mine

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 2 [one slot open]

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 15, 2014 11:58 am

Cool. Good to know. Also what does different quality do to armor? + soak, + durability, - encumbrance?

And do we have hot water? I believe we have fire and water. I didn't see a pot or anything, but I could probably take a water-tight bag, put the water in, and then put over a fire.
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Thu May 15, 2014 12:45 pm

Bonus to armor skill to reduce Encumberance. Bonus to Durability. No bonus to Soak - you need other material or magic to raise this stat (or craft fullplate)

I believe you know the recipt for hot water... no you dont need an action to craft it :P But hanging a leatherbag over a fire long enougth to boil leather... sounds not so smart
GM for a Kobold Mine

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Upon find the firestone Krat will hold them up high to the kobolds around him.
"We found the first riches here in cave, magical firestones none the less. Vixareticz the great shall be pleased by our expedious retrieval of such riches and even more will be dug out from this mine in time to come. But now that we have some valuable tribute to offer him, we need to make this our new home! We need to find a steady source of food, either as a place to hunt or farm and for the we need to scout the area around us. Some of you should follow me and do so, while others should help settle in our new mine. But before we do so, let us eat.

Krat will advise Kobolds following him to grab a weapon in case they meet hostile creatures or prey to hunt.

Active action: Scout the perimiter/meadow, bringing a shortbow, quiver and 15 arrows
Passive action: Forage
Training: farming
Extra stat: wisdom

Not sure if this is done correctly, but I think it covers what I intend, so feel free to change it to fit better as long as it is along those lines :)
Combat preset:
Sneak and shoot at enemy at a distance if it seems weaker
Continue shooting while moving away from the target in case Krat get's noticed
Flee if outnumbered or damaged. If it seems possible to win the fight with a single attack, then keep fighting.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu May 15, 2014 1:28 pm

NewOneAround wrote:I believe you know the recipt for hot water... no you dont need an action to craft it :P But hanging a leatherbag over a fire long enougth to boil leather... sounds not so smart
It can be done. But I take that to mean we just have it, and I don't have to try using a barrel or something instead of a pot. Good.
► Show Spoiler
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 16, 2014 12:30 am

Constitution for KnickKnack, please.

And yeah, those 3 kobolds gathering firewood and having their respective scores added up together was exactly what I meant. Thank you for pointing that out to me. ^^
► Show Spoiler

NewOneAround
Likes to Contribute

Post by NewOneAround » Fri May 16, 2014 1:04 am

Turn 3

1. Player Actions

Krat
Active action: Scout the perimiter/meadow, bringing a shortbow, quiver and 15 arrows + Persuade a few kobold to come with him
[Persuade (Cha) 0, Cha 3 Rolls: 1d3 -2 (no skill) +1 +6 (Moral Bonus [New Mine, Fearless Leader]) +1 (Fluff) Result: 9]
[Round 1: 9 Sum: 9 Dificulty: 10] ÔÇô failure +1XP
[Perception (Wis) 1, Wis 6 Rolls: 1d6 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +0 (Kobold helper) Result: 7]
[R 1: 7 Sum: 7 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP Krat gains Perception (Wis) 2
Found: (Your scouts already 'discovert' them but you 'refound' them)
herb, unidentified ÔÇô Gain 6 herb, unidentified (A)
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 1 Int 4 Roll 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +0 (Kobold helper) Result: 2]
[R1: 2 Sum: 2 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP
herb, unidentified - ÔÇô Gain 3 herb, unidentified (B)
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 1 Int 4 Roll 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +1 (Kobold helper) Result: 4]
[R1: 4 Sum: 3 Dificulty: 4] ÔÇô failure +1XP
Footprints near Mine
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +2 (Kobold helper) Result: 4]
[R1: 4 Sum: 4 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP

But there is definitly more out there.

Passive action: Forage
[Forage (Wis) 0 Wis 6 Rolls: 1d6 -2 (no skill) +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 3]
[R1: 3 Sum: 3 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô failure +1XP

Training: Farming (Wis) +10XP Krat gains Farming (Wis) 1

Extra stat: wisdom

Nockit
Active action: Butcher the [boar?], maybe gathers can identify it? Focus on the hide, tusks and meat.
Its a warthog. See Fluff.
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +1 (Fluff) Result: 4]
[R1: 4 Sum: 4 Dificulty: 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
knive Break 20 Rolls: 95 ÔÇô nothing

Passive action: Same as above, want to get this done quickly ÔÇô still trying to decide if I want to let this be possible
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) +1 (Fluff) Result: 4]
[R2: 4, 4 Sum: 8 Dificulty: 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
knive Break 20 Rolls: 60 ÔÇô nothing

Training action: craft- tailor (int) +10XP Nockit gains Craft ÔÇô Tailor (Int) 1
Stat Point: +1 Int

Click-Clank
A:
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 5]
[R2: 4, 5 Sum: 9 Dificulty: 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 54 ÔÇô nothing

P:
[Mine (Wis) 1, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 3]
[R3: 4, 5, 3 Sum: 12 Dificulty: 70] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP
pickaxe Break 15 Rolls 1d100 Result: 26 ÔÇô nothing

T: Bargaining/Trading/haggling (something like that)
Persuade +10XP Click-Clank gains Persuade (Cha) 1

S: +1 Cha

KnickKnack
KnickKnack's actions:
Active: take a knife and try to cut up/butcher the spider body (try to safe poisonous gland, silk gland, other usable parts like mandibles, possibly pieces of its chitin shell for armor,...), make a fire and cook it (just place it close until it smells nicely, take away before it becomes black or smells burnt); ask the kobold that came along for the wood gathering to help.
[Forage (Wis) 1 Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) + 2 (Kobold helper) Result: 7]
[R1: 7 Sum: 7 Dificulty: 10] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

Passive: start to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found (5 turns)
Craft pole, wood
Skill Craft-Wood
Material 1 wood
Tool needed x
Yield 3 pieces
Dificulty 5

[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 2 Round 1/5]
[R1: 2 Sum: 2 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1XP

training: Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) +10 XP KnickKnack gains Craft ÔÇô Bone (Int) 1 [This skill can be used for Chitin too]

Stat: Con

Traknesh
Active: Traknesh oversees the digging of his room
[Lead (Cha) 0 Cha 6 Rolls: 1d6 -2 (no skill) +1 +5 (Moral Bonus [New Mine, Fearless Leader]) Result: 7
[R1: 7 Sum: 7 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP +1 Skill Miner

Passive: Make a fishing pole out of 1 shortbow in 3 Turns
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 1 Round 2/3]
[R2: 3,1 Sum: 4 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô ongoing +1 XP

Training: Lead (Cha) +10XP Traknesh gains Lead (Cha) 1

Stat: +1 Cha

2. NPC Actions
Krats mining companion comes scouting with him
[Perception (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 0 Int 4 Roll 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]
[Knowledge ÔÇô Nature & Minerals (Int) 0 Int 4 Roll 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 1]
[Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 0, Int 4 Rolls 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 2]

KnickKnack has a side kick
[Forage (Wis) 0, Wis 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 2]
knive Break 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 64 ÔÇô nothing
[Craft ÔÇô Wood (Int) 0 Int 4 Rolls: 1d4 -2 (no skill) Result: 0]

4 Kobolt mine copper
[R2: 6+2+2+4+4 Sum: 18 Dificulty: 10] Gain 1 ore, high quality (copper)
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 71 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 2 ÔÇô -1 Durability
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 63 ÔÇô nothing
pickaxe Break: 15 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 100 ÔÇô nothing

2 Kobold dig a room
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 Result: 6]
[Mine (Wis) 2, Wis 4 Rolls: 2d4 Result: 5]
[R2: 3+6+5 Sum: 14 Dificulty: 50] ÔÇô ongoing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 50 - nothing
shovel Break: 20 Rolls: 1d100 Result: 93 ÔÇô nothing

2 Kobold carry the rest of the stuff inside

1 Ozt + 1 Kobold stand guard

3. Event

Good: A kobold has traveled with the trader to your mine. He wants to join.
Prisarz
Kobold, expert (+Wis / Mine 1 / Stealth 1 / Farm 2 / Spell:Charm Rodent (Wis) 1)
shears [metal (copper)]
crude loom [wood (ash)]
Spell:Charm Rodent [refined wool (hamster, gigant) / refined semi-pecious gem (Quarz)]

He has a pet with him.
A gigant hamster
His name is Bo.

Neutral: nothing neutral happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Bad: nothing bad happend ÔÇô the chance something will happen increased

Scripted Event:
Gifts from your home colony
- fine sword [metal (iron)]
- 5x assorted trapparts [metal (copper)]
- fine refining tools [metal (copper) / semi-pecious gem (rock crystal)]
- Spell: Revive [refined blood (red dragon) / refined magical gem (earthbone)]
- 5x bolt of cloth [wool (hamster, gigant)]
- a letter with best regards from Vixareticz:
He wishes your mine rich findings and is overly interrested to hear of your successes

4. Trader

A trader visits.
It's Aleek.
Brought:
warhammer [bone (human) / stone, precious (marble)]
cooking pot, large [metal (iron)]
► Show Spoiler
5. Wandering Monster

- there ÔÇô is ÔÇô nothing -

Lucky or not its your decision.

Seems a bit boring to me...

One of the hunting snares in front of the mine has catched a rat. You kill it and set the trap new.
Gain 1 rat.

Nockit drags his kill back to camp, proudly showing off his prize. He thinks it might be a boar. He compares it to the description of it which he once heard but isn't sure. He asks KnickKnack Since he knows more about animals.
KnickKnack ÔÇô Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 1 Int 4 Rolls 1d4 +1 (Moral Bonus [New Mine]) Result: 5
[R1: 5 Sum: 5 Dificulty: 5] ÔÇô success +5XP KnickKnack gains Knowledge ÔÇô Creatures (Int) 2

Its a warthog.
Big, boarlike, unfriendly mammals. They have two pair of tusks and taste good. If they hit you they might kill you with one blow.

He pulls out his knife and begins to skin it. While he does so he day dreams about the armor he might make with the hide. He doesn't want something heavy or cumbersome, just enough so that he doesn't feel so naked in a fight. After removing the hide, he starts to cut out the delicious meat he might be eating soon. Perhaps he should roast it? He's particularly careful around the skull as he can imagine all sorts of uses for those tusks. Oh what to make, what to make?

Upon find the firestone Krat will hold them up high to the kobolds around him.
"We found the first riches here in cave, magical firestones none the less. Vixareticz the great shall be pleased by our expedious retrieval of such riches and even more will be dug out from this mine in time to come. But now that we have some valuable tribute to offer him, we need to make this our new home! We need to find a steady source of food, either as a place to hunt or farm and for the we need to scout the area around us. Some of you should follow me and do so, while others should help settle in our new mine. But before we do so, let us eat.
While you are eating you here Ozt scream from the outside: "Here be a two kobold and a walking hair-wool-thing. Uuhm think could be Aleek, another kobold and a cricetinae magnus. I think the do trade, 'cus Aleek tradebold is."
Shortly thereafter a young kobold enters you mine. She looks around Hello and Greetings! I bring gifts from home and a few goods to trade. This kobold out there wants to join your colony. He even brougt his pet with him! Srange guy if you ask me but hey you all look as if you can use more men.

KnickKnack carefully rips the chitin plates from the dead spider and his companion hums a song about a izzy bitsy spider. The spider is harder to cut than he had imagined and he will have to rest for a bit until its completed.

Click-Clank digs and digs and digs...

Krat scouts the meadow close to the mine and he finds some strange looking herbs that he havests. On his way back he sees foodprints of a creature he cant identify but its not of koboldian origin.

All kobold eat 18 meat jerky.
Tools:
1x crude loom [wood (ash)]
1x fine sword [metal (iron)]
1x fine refining tools [metal (copper) / semi-pecious gem (rock crystal)]

Resources:
6x herb, unidentified [A]
3x herb, unidentified
5x bolt of cloth [wool (hamster, gigant)]
5x assorted trapparts [metal (copper)]
1x rat

Spells:
1x Spell: Revive [refined blood (red dragon) / refined magical gem (earthbone)]

Active Traps:
2x masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)]

[tabs: Ore Room]
Resources:
2x ore, high quality (copper)
[tabs: 1st Room]
Tools:
4x pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)]
2x Shovel [hard wood (oak), fire hardend / hard wood (oak]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
2x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 1/2
8x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)]
2x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x rope, 15' [leather (cave lizard)]
1x masterwork anvil [metal (meteoritide)] Durability 85
1x almost unusable biface [stone, soft (siltstone)]

Foodstuff:
5x stone, soft (salt)
36x meat jerkey [meat (cave lizard) / stone, soft (salt)]

Recources:
4x stone, soft (siltstone)
7x magical gem (firestone)
1x warthog
15x firewood
1x herb, unidentified
1x stone, hard (flint)
5x silk (gigant spider)
2x bone (rat)
4x bone (bat)
1x leather (bat)

Container:
6x bag [leather (cave lizard)]
1x barrel [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x barrel, small [wood (ash) / metal (iron)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]

Spells:
1x Spell: Forgefire [refined magical gem (firestone) / rare wood (firelife)]
1x Spell: Healing [refined water (molten snow) / refined herb, poison (stinging nettle)]

[tabs: Stone Room]
On ground:
1x gigant spider, small[/tabs]
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

.[tabs: Krat]
Player: Theis2
Color: #8000FF
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 6 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork Magnifying glass [metal(silver) / magical gem (skyclear crystal)] Durability 20
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 7
1x Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])]
15x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x quiver [wood (ash)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Nockit]
Player: ChuckDaRighteous
Color: #400000
Stats:
Strength 2 Dexterity 6 Constitution 3 Intelligence 5 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 6

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
2 masterwork hunting snare, small [metal (iron)] Durability 20
Shortbow [wood (ash) / bow string [entrails (cave lizard)])] To Hit: 1 Brea: 30 Damage: 1d3 Durability: 2/3
13x arrow, shortbow [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)] Break: 60 Durability: 2
1x knive [metal (copper) / leather (cave lizard)]
quiver [wood (ash)]

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: Clink-Clank]
Player: BadgeAddict
Color: #008080
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 3 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 4
Fearless Leader Score: 5

► Show Spoiler

Equipment:
pickaxe [metal (copper) / wood (ash)] Break 20 Durability 6/7

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

[tabs: KnickKnack]
Player: GathersIngredients
Color: #FF8000
Stats:
Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Constitution 4 Intelligence 4 Wisdom 4 Charisma 3
Fearless Leader Score: 5

► Show Spoiler

Inventory:
masterwork backpack [rare wood (floatwood) / metal (mithral) / leather (mounain troll)] Durability 30
5x spear [hard wood (oak), fire hardend] To Hit: 2 Break: 30 Damage: 1d4 Durability: 5
1x axe [hard stone (flint) / wood (ash)]
1x wood (ash)

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler
[/tabs]
Last edited by NewOneAround on Fri May 16, 2014 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
GM for a Kobold Mine

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 3 [one slot open]

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri May 16, 2014 5:24 am

KnickKnack's actions:

Active: Ask helper kobold his/her name. Also, encourage them to train a level in Craft (food)
If he can do something on top of that (because it's like asking for help and thus a free action) take a knife and continue to cut up/butcher the spider body (try to safe poisonous gland, silk gland, other usable parts like mandibles, possibly pieces of its chitin shell for armor,...), make a fire and cook it (just place it close until it smells nicely, take away before it becomes black or smells burnt).

Passive: Continue to make wooden shafts out of the ash wood he found ( second of 5 turns)

training: Cut Trees (Wis)

I would like the cooking pot, but I don't think that we have anything to offer that the trader would want in return. :(
Also, yay, new kobold! :cheer:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Re: Kobold Mine - Turn 3 [one slot open]

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Fri May 16, 2014 5:50 am

He thinks it might be a boar. He compares it to the description of it which he once heard but isn't sure. He asks KnickKnack Since he knows more about animals.
Sorry if it was confusing, but I was intending to try and identify it as well. The reason I asked KnickKnack is because I fully expected to fail my roll and he has the appropriate knowledge skill. (and I would have: 1d5 int -2 untrained +1 moral, best I could have managed was a 4)

New combat preset:
If in combat with companions:
Sneak into a good sniping position
Fire upon the enemy, if allies retreat or die then retreat as well
Keep firing upon the enemy, if charged and allies are still fighting draw knife, if allies retreat or die then retreat as well.

Active action: finish butchering the warthog.
passive action: attempt to trade with Aleek. Perhaps a firestone or two for the pot? (no idea if this is reasonable, ripping him off, or getting ripped off)
training: craft - tailoring (int)

Note: I'd happily let someone with higher persuade or charimsa *cough*Clink-Clank*cough* do the trading.

Also KnickKnack's skills were not updated, and what is fearless leader score?
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10