Twitter: [now] more fanart!

Discuss the comic here!
snoogkraktor
Remains Silent
Posts: 7

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by snoogkraktor » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:32 am

inb4 moderator's mighty booming red flag text and a thread shutdown.

My view? Until there's an update, there's not an update. Until the sun is out, the sun is not out.

User avatar
CooksACarrot
An Obvious Distraction
Posts: 577
Location: Right Behind You!

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by CooksACarrot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:39 am

PaintsTurtles wrote: Can we agree, as a starting point in building some common ground, that people have the right to their own feelings about what is clearly a difficult issue, regardless of whether you personally agree with them?
Can I, perhaps, add a caveat. If everyone could please think, at length, what the impact of those opinions and/or how they are phrased, might be on those that might read them. This goes for everyone on any side of any issue. Perhaps write your post, and then wait 15 minutes before putting it up. Go do something else in another tab for a bit. Then come back and read it again before posting. I am not here to advocate that anyone is not entitled to their feelings here, but I think a bit more mindfulness will go a long way to diffusing these arguments before they begin, and things can calm down again.

I am going to try to do this myself.
Look! A Distraction!
-William Lyon Mackenzie King, Prime Minister, Ninja

Sings Off-Key
Remains Silent
Posts: 5

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Sings Off-Key » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:53 am

I just made this account because the mood in here got a bit heavy. I'm a long-time reader and lurker. Watching the back and forth has shown me that, if nothing else, there is a not inconsequential amount of emotional investment on all sides concerned. I can't help but hear the following in my head as part of the soundtrack to this entire episode.


Why do you build us up (build us up) Tarol Hunt, baby
Just to let us down (let us down) and mess us around
And then worst of all (worst of all) you never blog, baby
When you say you will (say you will) but we love you still
We need you (we need you) more than anyone, darlin'
You know that we have from the start
So build us up (build us up) Tarol Hunt, don't break our hearts

"I'll be blogging by ten", you told us time and again
But you're late, we wait around and then (bah-dah-dah)
We went to the door, we can't take any more
It's not you, you let us down again

(Hey, hey, hey!) Baby, baby, try to find
(Hey, hey, hey!) A little time and all will be fine
(Hey, hey, hey!) We'll be home
We'll be beside the phone waiting for you
Ooo-oo-ooo, ooo-oo-ooo

Overshot
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 34

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Overshot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 am

Holy fuck, so many basement dwelling 0-testosterone beta fags in here, it makes me sick..

These die hard fanboys protecting thunt 24/7..


Owed or not owed, you people are arguing over semantics. The point is, thunt is where he is because of us, his readers. Without us, he would have nothing (not by drawing goblins anyway).

Don't get me wrong, I love this comic, I really do.

But all this is just very disrespectful and unprofessional towards the people that enable him to do this as a full time job.

He's been missing deadlines for years now, I know a bunch of people that have stopped reading the coming because of this.

And I'm telling you, I am 90% sure that in the end it's gonna be some bullshit excuse on how he has had a nervous breakdown, and just lost all motivation to draw this comic because some people are sending him bad e-mails because he's missing deadlines or some shit like that.

And most of the die hard thunt fanboys will defend him and say how it's all fine and shit. But guess what, it isn't... Very unprofessional, very disrespectful. If he needed a break, he could've just announced it. But this "radio silence" as some of you call it is just...

And don't get me started on how its hard to draw so much and he's doing it all day and shit. That's his problem, he decided he will do this as a full time job, he decided that he wants no help with the drawing (very stupid by the way), he decided to start drawing more and more details, etc. So all of this is HIS fault, and HIS problem. His decisions on all this are very counter productive.

Oh and by the way, all you fucking mods, locking and whining over every single negative comment on here, fuck off.

Jesus christ, in a way I really hope I get permabanned, just so I don't have to lose more energy reading through all this fanboy trash. Fuck.
Last edited by LAYF on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You know, the easy way would just turn around and look out the window instead. that way you wont have to read it. any who, line through some of the worst profanity!

User avatar
Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
Posts: 370

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Sessine » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:15 am

Overshot wrote:Jesus christ, in a way I really hope I get permabanned...
I suspect you may be about to get your wish. That post was very, very out of line with the friendly tone moderators try to maintain here.
► Show Spoiler

Overshot
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 34

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Overshot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 am

It's to be expected with the way thunt interacts with his readers.

But better ban me and delete my post quick, what if thunt reads something that is not 100% positive and goes on another nervous breakdown!???!? HURRY!

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions
Posts: 480

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:32 am

Eh. Just another of several modbaiters I've seen in the last month. "Ban me so I don't have to lose more energy reading this"? Close the tab, man. It took way more emotional energy to write that; I hope it was cathartic.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

User avatar
MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by MakesNoSense » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:33 am

Overshot wrote:Holy fuck, so many basement dwelling 0-testosterone beta fags in here, it makes me sick..

These die hard fanboys protecting thunt 24/7..

Owed or not owed, you people are arguing over semantics. The point is, thunt is where he is because of us, his readers. Without us, he would have nothing (not by drawing goblins anyway).

Don't get me wrong, I love this comic, I really do.

But all this is just very disrespectful and unprofessional towards the people that enable him to do this as a full time job.

He's been missing deadlines for years now, I know a bunch of people that have stopped reading the coming because of this.

And I'm telling you, I am 90% sure that in the end it's gonna be some bullshit excuse on how he has had a nervous breakdown, and just lost all motivation to draw this comic because some people are sending him bad e-mails because he's missing deadlines or some shit like that.

And most of the die hard thunt fanboys will defend him and say how it's all fine and shit. But guess what, it isn't... Very unprofessional, very disrespectful. If he needed a break, he could've just announced it. But this "radio silence" as some of you call it is just...

And don't get me started on how its hard to draw so much and he's doing it all day and shit. That's his problem, he decided he will do this as a full time job, he decided that he wants no help with the drawing (very stupid by the way), he decided to start drawing more and more details, etc. So all of this is HIS fault, and HIS problem. His decisions on all this are very counter productive.

Oh and by the way, all you fucking mods, locking and whining over every single negative comment on here, fuck off.

Jesus christ, in a way I really hope I get permabanned, just so I don't have to lose more energy reading through all this fanboy trash. Fuck.
That is more than just a little uncalled for. But for what its worth, the answer is very simple:

Thunt is an independent contractor. He can do whatever he pleases, how he pleases. He does not work for you or for me or for anyone else here. He works for himself. As someone who manages a business that caters to independent contractors, perhaps I can see this a little more clearly than you? But it is really not that difficult in my estimation.

If you hired Thunt to work 40 hours a week for your company, and during that time, you wanted him to draw a comic. You could make that argument. But he doesn't and so you can't.

Thunt can post up when he pleases, how he pleases and if he pleases. You might disagree with his business strategy, but it is not your business, so your opinion on how he runs his business is not relevant in any fashion. Assuming that you know more about his business than he does only says one thing - you should really be making a living from doing your own webcomic. At least at that point, you can say "Hey Thunt, if you are having any troubles, this is what worked for me." But, I suspect you do not have a webcomic or even your own business. If you do, I suspect you would have no time for someone else complaining about how you are running the business wrong.

In the end, it is pretty simple. If you run a private business wrong, you are looking to work for someone else in under a year. Even people who ran a business right have found themselves squeezed out of a market over time. But as Thunt has managed his own world and life for quite a while, he is at the very least moderately successful in running his business.

Your choices are limited to this: Take part of the service offered or don't.

Going up to McDonald's and complaining that they don't serve hot dogs, and all good fast food restaurants should serve hot dogs, is a useless argument. Either enjoy the food at McDonald's while you are there or go somewhere else to eat. You don't complain about what you feel they should have but don't.

Complaining about how they run their business just makes you look silly.

User avatar
Knucklekraken
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
Posts: 205

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Knucklekraken » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

Nervous breakdowns are real and not funny.

Die lonely, dickbag.
Avatar by Lissa.

User avatar
Midara
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 14

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Midara » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:42 am

Overshot, it's not what you're saying that's the problem, its how you're saying it. Using 'fags' for example. It's 2014, dude.

It's totally cool to share your feelings, you're definitely not the first (or last) to feel the way you do.
But let's face it, you're gonna face some argument. You're on the Goblins official forum. Home of goblins fans. Feelings may run a bit defensive. It's to be expected.
I donno if there are chat forums for general webcomic discussion, but you might find a slightly less biased conversation someplace like that.

And why taunt a permaban? Just log out of the forums till all this blows over.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12668
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:43 am

Meh. Obvious troll is obvious. Ignore it.

User avatar
Brings Cupcakes
Of Few Words
Posts: 74

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Brings Cupcakes » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:44 am

MakesNoSense wrote: Going up to McDonald's and complaining that they don't serve hot dogs, and all good fast food restaurants should serve hot dogs, is a useless argument. Either enjoy the food at McDonald's while you are there or go somewhere else to eat. You don't complain about what you feel they should have but don't.
Ha ha, clearly you have never worked in food service.

User avatar
LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Posts: 7100
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!
Contact:

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 am

Overshot wrote:Holy fuck, so many basement dwelling 0-testosterone beta fags in here, it makes me sick..

These die hard fanboys protecting thunt 24/7..

-SNIP-
Yea, I don't even feel like I have to point out where you misstep, but let me show you:
 ! Message from: LAYF
Forum Rules wrote:1. Please respect the other posters. Bashing, name calling, and other forms of insinuating horrible things about another person's intellect or mother is just plain rude and uncalled for.
2. Pay attention to moderators, if they tell you to stop doing something, stop. If you decide to keep doing something after a warning don't expect any sympathy if you are punished for your behavior.
3. NO TROLLING! Posting something that you know will result in a three page flame war is frowned upon. Also, No beating a dead horse: if the subject has been argued and argued and argued with no real changes in content, then stop posting about it.
5. If you have a serious issue with another forum member, please contact one of the moderators in charge of the forum in question or a global moderator/admin if the issue isnÔÇÖt specific to one forum. If you have a problem with a particular moderator or admin you can reach out to another moderator (we have a lot of them) without fear of reprisal.
6. If you have a problem with a particular post and believe moderator action might be needed, please use the report button Image.
a. This is the quickest way to ensure that a moderator sees the problem. Try to use your common sense when determining if a post should be reported. In general, if a post contains spam, outside links that look like spam, appears to be trolling, or contains offensive content you should report it.
7. No nudity, and please be careful when linking to material that is potentially NSFW.3
9. Please limit profanity. While there is no explicit prohibition against profanity, we ask you to remember that there are other people in this forum. Please be courteous to other forumites by limiting the amount of profanities you use. We reserve the right to take action if we feel that your swearing has become excessive.
in regards to 5, if you feel all the "fanboys" are a problem, feel free to write a PM, but do not make an outrageous post like the above.
6. Your post have been reported.
7. you avatar borders on this one.

all the others, you have broken, next post you make in this manner will result in an official warning that will be recorded in the system, see this as an unofficial warning.
-Best regards LAYF

Ghannam
Remains Silent
Posts: 2

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Ghannam » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:51 am

Hey hey, first time poster, long time reader (Gobbos just got their classes), Goblins is a good comic, but honestly it's just that, a comic. I know it's rad and everything, but there's other stuff to do other than obsess over a web comic while the author is having a midlife crisis and buggered off for a while. I do find it strange that he can't simply be all 'yo, I'm burned out and taking a hiatus', but maybe he's a sensitive dude and he feels obligated to stick around, personally I'd be fine if the comic were just black and white, I'm just in it for the narrative and character development, art's nice and all, but I don't care much about it.

One thing I'll give the dude is he cares, maybe too much even, but at least he's not like a lot of other web comic artists who just try to get a following and dick 'em around because they're lazy (I've seen some dudes literally say it's laziness, haha). Is it cool what buddy's doing? Nah, it kinda blows to wonder if he's dead or not, but does it warrant some people losing their shit like I've been seeing? Nope, I wouldn't be surprised if he reads this shit if it doesn't give him even more anxiety and mess around some more. Just step back, give the comic a break and go play some games or take the time to find some other comics until buddy's done with his panic attacks, and if his excuse is lame, just don't give a shit so he's even more messed up about it and produces slower, haha.

Anyway, more Wildstar beta weekend, have a good one and take a break, not worth getting upset over.

User avatar
Midara
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 14

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Midara » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

thinkslogically wrote:Meh. Obvious troll is obvious. Ignore it.
I don't feel like he's trolling tho.
Although he could have voiced it a little more appropriately, his opinion isn't invalid.

This is the entertainment business. And in the entertainment business your ratings and followers matter. It's sound logic.
I don't personally agree with him, but that's why i have the option to politely voice a counter argument. If i wanted to (i dont).

Not that you're wrong- if he is trolling, then don't rise to the bait, but look for the value instead. This is a debate.

Overshot
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 34

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Overshot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 am

MakesNoSense wrote: That is more than just a little uncalled for. But for what its worth, the answer is very simple:

Thunt is an independent contractor. He can do whatever he pleases, how he pleases. He does not work for you or for me or for anyone else here. He works for himself. As someone who manages a business that caters to independent contractors, perhaps I can see this a little more clearly than you? But it is really not that difficult in my estimation.

If you hired Thunt to work 40 hours a week for your company, and during that time, you wanted him to draw a comic. You could make that argument. But he doesn't and so you can't.

Thunt can post up when he pleases, how he pleases and if he pleases. You might disagree with his business strategy, but it is not your business, so your opinion on how he runs his business is not relevant in any fashion. Assuming that you know more about his business than he does only says one thing - you should really be making a living from doing your own webcomic. At least at that point, you can say "Hey Thunt, if you are having any troubles, this is what worked for me." But, I suspect you do not have a webcomic or even your own business. If you do, I suspect you would have no time for someone else complaining about how you are running the business wrong.

In the end, it is pretty simple. If you run a private business wrong, you are looking to work for someone else in under a year. Even people who ran a business right have found themselves squeezed out of a market over time. But as Thunt has managed his own world and life for quite a while, he is at the very least moderately successful in running his business.

Your choices are limited to this: Take part of the service offered or don't.

Going up to McDonald's and complaining that they don't serve hot dogs, and all good fast food restaurants should serve hot dogs, is a useless argument. Either enjoy the food at McDonald's while you are there or go somewhere else to eat. You don't complain about what you feel they should have but don't.

Complaining about how they run their business just makes you look silly.
I mostly agree, but if McDonalds started providing poor service, less and less people are going to partake. Even McDonalds is dependant on the customers, just like thunt is on his readers. We are what enables him to do this for a living, and the way he's doing things (especially lately) is very unprofessional and rude/disrespectful, like I said.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12668
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:03 am

Midara wrote:
thinkslogically wrote:Meh. Obvious troll is obvious. Ignore it.
I don't feel like he's trolling tho.
Although he could have voiced it a little more appropriately, his opinion isn't invalid.

This is the entertainment business. And in the entertainment business your ratings and followers matter. It's sound logic.
I don't personally agree with him, but that's why i have the option to politely voice a counter argument. If i wanted to (i dont).

Not that you're wrong- if he is trolling, then don't rise to the bait, but look for the value instead. This is a debate.
Oh for sure, I completely accept that. No-one's opinion is invalid, but since I don't believe the post was made for any reason except to generate a reaction I decided it was probably trolling. I'm completely willing to accept that I've made a mistake if that turns out to be the case, but also wanted to highlight that IMO, trolling was a possibility :)

Overshot
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 34

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Overshot » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:04 am

LooksAtYouFunny wrote:
Forum Rules wrote:1. Please respect the other posters. Bashing, name calling, and other forms of insinuating horrible things about another person's intellect or mother is just plain rude and uncalled for.
2. Pay attention to moderators, if they tell you to stop doing something, stop. If you decide to keep doing something after a warning don't expect any sympathy if you are punished for your behavior.
3. NO TROLLING! Posting something that you know will result in a three page flame war is frowned upon. Also, No beating a dead horse: if the subject has been argued and argued and argued with no real changes in content, then stop posting about it.
5. If you have a serious issue with another forum member, please contact one of the moderators in charge of the forum in question or a global moderator/admin if the issue isnÔÇÖt specific to one forum. If you have a problem with a particular moderator or admin you can reach out to another moderator (we have a lot of them) without fear of reprisal.
6. If you have a problem with a particular post and believe moderator action might be needed, please use the report button Image.
a. This is the quickest way to ensure that a moderator sees the problem. Try to use your common sense when determining if a post should be reported. In general, if a post contains spam, outside links that look like spam, appears to be trolling, or contains offensive content you should report it.
7. No nudity, and please be careful when linking to material that is potentially NSFW.3
9. Please limit profanity. While there is no explicit prohibition against profanity, we ask you to remember that there are other people in this forum. Please be courteous to other forumites by limiting the amount of profanities you use. We reserve the right to take action if we feel that your swearing has become excessive.
[/mod]

in regards to 5, if you feel all the "fanboys" are a problem, feel free to write a PM, but do not make an outrageous post like the above.
6. Your post have been reported.
7. you avatar borders on this one.

all the others, you have broken, next post you make in this manner will result in an official warning that will be recorded in the system, see this as an unofficial warning.

5. Did you seriously imply I should contact every single person I think is a fanboy and write them a PM? I don't have an issue with a specific person but rather a whole group of them.
6. The rules on these forums are way to harsh and seriously remind me of some form of repressive government
7. Holy shit, you can see a man's nipple, bicep and serratus anterior muscle. Too much for you?

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4460

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:15 am

You know, there are more constructive ways of burning this frustration than beating each other up in the forums. There are so many more fun ways of doing it. For example: I can probably indirectly thank Thunt for my T-150 tank on WoT. ;) >:D

planinarmani

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by planinarmani » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 am

This is truly an outrage. Thunt obviously doesn't give a flying arse about his watchers, even though his entire house has been funded by his fanbase only.

The fact that this man is as lazy as he is makes me seriously question how he would have performed in a REAL job. I suppose he would have a quote on quote "nervous breakdown" if he had to work for longer than 2 hours a day.

Here is an idea thunt a.k.a. lazy mofo:: get a job or stick to your schedule. If these conditions are not met all you will ever have is the most blind incapable of thinking for themselves die hard fanboys following you.


Cheers!
Last edited by planinarmani on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gryphonic
Voices Opinions
Posts: 480

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Gryphonic » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:20 am

Overshot wrote: 5. Did you seriously imply I should contact every single person I think is a fanboy and write them a PM? I don't have an issue with a specific person but rather a whole group of them.
6. The rules on these forums are way to harsh and seriously remind me of some form of repressive government.
This forum is technically a private setting. Participation is voluntary and regulated, the same as you can evict someone from your house if they're being crude/aggressive/disruptive/etc. Personally I find it pleasant that we can have arguments over various things - though Controversy is a more laid back place than you'd expect - precisely because there are boundaries to keep things from getting personal. If there's substance to a debate, it continues no matter the topic, but flame wars close quickly.

And no, he was saying you can PM a mod if you have an issue with another member. If you have a problem with the community at large, then you may not want to participate in this forum.
Image Joiiiiiin ussssssss.....

BopEuph
Mutters to Themself
Posts: 35
UStream Username: Bopeuph

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by BopEuph » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 am

I think, with people seeming to create accounts for the sake of trolling, it might be time to lock the thread.

User avatar
Chelsa121
Mumbles Incoherently
Posts: 18
UStream Username: Chelsa121
Location: Canada

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by Chelsa121 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:26 am

What I can't understand is what contribution you (I forget your name dude, but we all know who I'm talking to) feel this opinion is making. What good does posting this rampant vitriol actually do?

Tarol is a real live human being, not an automaton there for your amusement. We don't know what's going on, only that it is a private matter. He could be dealing with mental health issues, physical health issues, grief due to significant loss, family troubles (like illness of his parents or children) or technological/legal difficulty or even just burnout, all of which it is perfectly reasonable for anyone to take time off work to deal with without having people hate them for it.

Simple as that.

planinarmani

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by planinarmani » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

BopEuph wrote:I think, with people seeming to create accounts for the sake of trolling, it might be time to lock the thread.
If you think this is trolling you need to look up the definition before you make yourself look like a moron.

What I said is irrefutable fact, you can't disagree with it, that's the funny thing about it

User avatar
MakesNoSense
Speaks Quietly
Posts: 126
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Twitter tweets (now: Blog post postponed for a bit more)

Post by MakesNoSense » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:29 am

Overshot wrote:
MakesNoSense wrote: That is more than just a little uncalled for. But for what its worth, the answer is very simple:

Thunt is an independent contractor. He can do whatever he pleases, how he pleases. He does not work for you or for me or for anyone else here. He works for himself. As someone who manages a business that caters to independent contractors, perhaps I can see this a little more clearly than you? But it is really not that difficult in my estimation.

If you hired Thunt to work 40 hours a week for your company, and during that time, you wanted him to draw a comic. You could make that argument. But he doesn't and so you can't.

Thunt can post up when he pleases, how he pleases and if he pleases. You might disagree with his business strategy, but it is not your business, so your opinion on how he runs his business is not relevant in any fashion. Assuming that you know more about his business than he does only says one thing - you should really be making a living from doing your own webcomic. At least at that point, you can say "Hey Thunt, if you are having any troubles, this is what worked for me." But, I suspect you do not have a webcomic or even your own business. If you do, I suspect you would have no time for someone else complaining about how you are running the business wrong.

In the end, it is pretty simple. If you run a private business wrong, you are looking to work for someone else in under a year. Even people who ran a business right have found themselves squeezed out of a market over time. But as Thunt has managed his own world and life for quite a while, he is at the very least moderately successful in running his business.

Your choices are limited to this: Take part of the service offered or don't.

Going up to McDonald's and complaining that they don't serve hot dogs, and all good fast food restaurants should serve hot dogs, is a useless argument. Either enjoy the food at McDonald's while you are there or go somewhere else to eat. You don't complain about what you feel they should have but don't.

Complaining about how they run their business just makes you look silly.
I mostly agree, but if McDonalds started providing poor service, less and less people are going to partake. Even McDonalds is dependant on the customers, just like thunt is on his readers. We are what enables him to do this for a living, and the way he's doing things (especially lately) is very unprofessional and rude/disrespectful, like I said.
It is neither rude nor disrespectful nor unprofessional. It is simply the business he runs and the product he offers. Again, you can choose to partake of his product or not.

All businesses require customers to make money, how you get them is up to you. You do not change your business to suit the demands of every single potential customer, because they will have conflicting opinions "I only want a fast food restaurant that serves Hot Dogs! I will never eat at a fast food restaurant that serves Hot Dogs!" Perhaps he feels he needs to take this time of silence to help ensure he can maintain quality of product? The "Why is Thunt doing this?" question really doesn't matter, because its not our business. He is doing what he thinks is best for HIS business, and you can still choose to either partake or not.

Post Reply