A Clockwork Paranoia (my webcomic)

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Re: A Clockwork Paranoia (my webcomic)

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Oh god thank you gamecreator, I asked everywhere but to no avail, to fix that damn code! Could I unite the "right spoiler code" with LAYF flag? I still don't know how are we gonna do this, but that could be cool, no?
I'll thank both of you in my next blogpost, because you saved me a lot of stress (and because you were the only one to do it).
(my little webcomic)

Download the FREE teaser for A Clockwork Paranoia HERE

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 pm

You are welcome. Feel free to ask for whatever else you need, I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

I think you should be able to put LAYF's code anywhere. Also a note about my spoiler in case you have to put raw html in your blog posts: it's sensitive to anything between div and button elements. You may put anything before or after this code, or in the spoiler content section (I'm not familiar with buttons, so won't say anything about what you can and can't put in spoiler title).

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:35 pm

In the next days, I'll be doing some tests with the codes.
And I have a GREAT news (well...it depens on how much you care, but for me is a great news :-P ): today I spoke with Natascia, the artist, and we decided to update twice a month, on the 1st and on the 15th. :)
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 am

New page is up!
I've done a few changes on the blog and implemented a ISSUU widget to better help navigate. :)
What do you think?
(my little webcomic)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:53 pm

I don't know if it's just because I'm trying to view it via my cell phone, however clicking the Union Flag doesn't take me to the English version, it just loads the flag image in its own window.

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm

nikohl wrote:I don't know if it's just because I'm trying to view it via my cell phone, however clicking the Union Flag doesn't take me to the English version, it just loads the flag image in its own window.
Yes, I'm afraid it's a problem with phones, I just tried with mine. :( I wouldn't know how to change that, but the webcomic is better viewed with a bigger screen anyway. I hope you'll give another try with a pc! :)
(my little webcomic)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:01 pm

I think it's because you have a link inside a button. It creates undefined behaviour. Some browsers go with pressing the button and some go with pressing the link. Remove an <a> tag from inside a <button> tag and it should be fine.

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

gamecreator wrote:I think it's because you have a link inside a button. It creates undefined behaviour. Some browsers go with pressing the button and some go with pressing the link. Remove an <a> tag from inside a <button> tag and it should be fine.
Done! :D Thanks, I'm changing it in all posts. It slipped me because I put the image inside the spoiler code directly with the Blogspot tool. So now works all right on smartphones?
(with mine works fine)
(my little webcomic)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 am

Yes, it works now. But (sorry for bringing up problems!) I tried to go back and look at page 2 using the "previous page" link and got a Page Not Found error.

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:06 am

nikohl wrote:Yes, it works now. But (sorry for bringing up problems!) I tried to go back and look at page 2 using the "previous page" link and got a Page Not Found error.
Argh, I'll see to it as soon as I can! Now I'm from the phone. I'm such a mess with coding, I'd prefer sticking with scripting the comic. :D Thank you for pointing it out, much appreciated! Aside from these webpage errors, what do you think of A Clockwork Paranoia till now? :)
(my little webcomic)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:36 am

I think it has promise! I am patiently waiting for some action. That is the only problem with a two-week wait between pages is that I sort of forget what happened and have to go back and check what happened before.

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:09 am

nikohl wrote:I think it has promise! I am patiently waiting for some action. That is the only problem with a two-week wait between pages is that I sort of forget what happened and have to go back and check what happened before.
First of all, thanks for the feedback, it's what keep us going and improving. :)
Twice-monthly is already a stretch as it is, unfortunately. The artist can't manage another schedule for now, but I understand your problem with remembering the previous pages.
As for the action, it depends on what your meaning of the word is. A Clockwork Paranoia hasn't an action pace like Goblins, it attunes more with a Lovecraft story. But yeah, in the next pages there will be some sort of action. Just wait and see. :-P
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:46 am

nikohl wrote:Yes, it works now. But (sorry for bringing up problems!) I tried to go back and look at page 2 using the "previous page" link and got a Page Not Found error.
Link fixed! :D
(my little webcomic)

pmos
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by pmos » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:03 am

Just checked out your comic and enjoyed it. I'm excited to see page 4!

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:49 am

pmos wrote:Just checked out your comic and enjoyed it. I'm excited to see page 4!
I'm glad you liked it! The 1st of May I'll post the 4th page! :D
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

New page is up! We update slowly, but we always do. :)
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:12 am

Been absent for awhile, too many things to do and generally too tired to check on forums that much. But now with summer coming up, I'm back!
NEW PAGE is up and there's some "action", for those who were waiting for it. :D
I've got a little more money, so I'm in talk with a friend of mine to help me with the blog or with a new site! AND we got invited to a (small) convention here in Italy, to our surprise! :)
As always, let me know what you think about the comic, what do you expect, what you don't like, etc.
Next page is on the 15th!
(the ISSUU widget on the right works probably only on Chrome recently and I don't know why, so it would be best to use that browser...however, the pdf there is not up to date, last page is missing...for now!)
► Show Spoiler
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:14 pm

For anyone who's still interested, new page is up! Last one before summer break. Sorry for spamming, feel free to tell me to stop if I'm bothering too much! :)
(my little webcomic)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:01 pm

It's nice to get fresh notifications on a seldom updated comic. Even though it has a schedule, it's easy to forget about. Keep up good work. :)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:42 pm

For some reason I thought this webcomic fell apart. Actually I read the first page, then forgot about it.

I'm always interested in how priests are portrayed whenever they come up in fictional works (though they seldom do). Are they good, bad, arrogant, forgiving, so on. It seems like Fr. Brown is trying to do one bad act for the greater good. I can't really judge whether it is worth it until we get more info.

The updates are helpful, especially since it doesn't update frequently. I'm interested to read more after the break.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:49 am

gamecreator wrote:It's nice to get fresh notifications on a seldom updated comic. Even though it has a schedule, it's easy to forget about. Keep up good work. :)
Thank you very much! I can't wait to start posting pages again (we have a buffer of some months, but it's still very hard on the artist, she has other commissions and she is moving to the USA). I'm very proud of how the next pages turned out, Natascia did an AMAZING job.
I'm also thinking of a Patreon to pay her all I can and have maybe more comics more often.
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:01 am

SamWiser wrote:For some reason I thought this webcomic fell apart. Actually I read the first page, then forgot about it.

I'm always interested in how priests are portrayed whenever they come up in fictional works (though they seldom do). Are they good, bad, arrogant, forgiving, so on. It seems like Fr. Brown is trying to do one bad act for the greater good. I can't really judge whether it is worth it until we get more info.

The updates are helpful, especially since it doesn't update frequently. I'm interested to read more after the break.
Aaaaaaaah, how much would I like to answer to your doubts and questions about priests and Father Brown! But I fear I might spoiler the story a bit. :-P All I can say is that priests are, first of all, humans and I try to portray them with that in mind.
BTW, if you guys wanna keep posted about this little project, you could subriscribe from the blog or lile the Facebook page, if you want to. Either way, I'm gonna uptade here with new pages (but not other material like character studies), so it doesn't really matter if you check this board! :)
(my little webcomic)

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 am

Aaaaand we're back! New page is up. Can't wait to upload the next pages, they'll "blow your mind" [cit.]! :-P Joking aside, things are gonna get more interesting and complicated.
I'm also happy to see that Thunt is back on working! Tomorrow I'll refresh Goblinscomic like crazy to see how the realm is no longer silent. :D
(my little webcomic)

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 am

Nice to see you back. This page may be more informative than it appears, I think.

Hobgoblin
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Hobgoblin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 pm

gamecreator wrote:Nice to see you back. This page may be more informative than it appears, I think.
Nice to be finally back! I'm curious, what did you gather from the informations on the last page? :-P
(I won't confirm nor deny any of your guesses, I'd just like to know what readers think so far about the plot :) )
(my little webcomic)