Thunt Tweet Talkabout

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Thunt Tweet Talkabout

Post by SamWiser » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 am

We had this on the interim forum, but nobody has started it on the new one yet. I saw what he tweeted a few hours ago, and I had to tell all of you guys.
Thunt wrote:Thunt ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins
If Goblins ever becomes animated (which is looking pretty damn probable), I'm straight up kidnapping @heyashwp to voice Fox or Kin.
It seems like there are talks about a Goblins show. That's so awesome. :Dance: Anyway I need to go to bed. Night. :zzz:
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: Thunt Tweet Talkabout

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:58 am

I saw that. :D :D Did you see where he said that this gentleman: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0455058/ was interested in doing some voice work? 8)
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:.@maddking, creator of the record breaking World of Steam and voice actor in... everything you've ever seen ever... is interested. @hataroni
Awesome.

Athedia
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Athedia

Post by Athedia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Hell, I think he could get all of us to work for free if they wanted to make a show.
Thank you anonymous friend from college who made the cute ninja. I insist on using it as my avatar until you join the forums since you love the comic. Take that.

Okay, she joined but I am not taking this down. Come on, look at the cute.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:18 pm

Aw man, I was waiting on a good tweet to restart this thread. :( No worries.

I have a big concern or 2 about an animated goblins. 1, there is no way THunt will be able to do all of the art himself fast enough, so he will lose some control. 2, the example of Dilbert does not bode well. It did not transition well, IMHO. 3, I think THunt would have to pick a different time period in his world. I.e. a different story to tell.

But, aside from concerns, sure, it would be cool. I could envision it similar to the old D&D cartoon.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

someone
Whispers Softly

Post by someone » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I just saw this one:
I've sent a request to have Goblins taken out of the March Madness contest. Please do not vote for Goblins over there.
10:43pm - 4 Mär 13
A lot of 'why?' answers, and altough i know the answer, i just have to ask: was it that traumatic and ugly for thunt? That would make me feel really sorry, and i was only a spectator. Worst thing in my opinion: the ones that did this to him may think until today that they did the right thing.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: CelineSSauve

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Um... Nonono. Klick and Kore!? :shock: :'( :fume:

I'm still looking very forward to that game, but darn... I'm going to hunt down Kore the first time I play!

(And now that I've said that, I'm certain something random will have my playing Kore... :shudder: )

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:

Why does Kore only have 3 fingers on his left hand in that one? :o_O:
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Wolfie wrote:
CelineSSauve wrote:

Why does Kore only have 3 fingers on his left hand in that one? :o_O:
It's a Klik-hand! :shock: (And I just noticed the shield has bites taken out of it!)

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm

I saw the shield. That's awesome. There is also a picture of Dies with Forgath's ax.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:58 pm

someone wrote:I just saw this one:
I've sent a request to have Goblins taken out of the March Madness contest. Please do not vote for Goblins over there.
10:43pm - 4 Mär 13
A lot of 'why?' answers, and altough i know the answer, i just have to ask: was it that traumatic and ugly for thunt? That would make me feel really sorry, and i was only a spectator. Worst thing in my opinion: the ones that did this to him may think until today that they did the right thing.
I don't blame him a bit. That was a big pathetic mess last time. And the contest wasn't even secure enough to keep little kids from running vote bots on it. :meh:

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 am

CelineSSauve wrote:

I'm still looking very forward to that game, but darn... I'm going to hunt down Kore the first time I play!

(And now that I've said that, I'm certain something random will have my playing Kore... :shudder: )
It's a way to beat Kore, Klik WILL eat all of Kores metal sooner or later, then he's without a shield... :)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 am

SamWiser wrote:I saw the shield. That's awesome. There is also a picture of Dies with Forgath's ax.
Yes, yes there is. { But that's just plain awesome and didn't require fearful exclamations. :D Though there must be quite a story as to how Dies got the Axe!
Krulle wrote:It's a way to beat Kore, Klik WILL eat all of Kores metal sooner or later, then he's without a shield... :)
That is honestly how I thought Kore would be beaten. {I certainly hope the fact that Klik's an Outsider, means he'll be back, because he was just sent to his home plane, or something.}

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 am

Alternate Realities looks awesome. Will it prove marketable? I hope so, but it doesn't seem as though there are super-a-lot of us, and this might be too "niche" to sell in FLGSes, let alone the game aisle at big-box stores. So I hope it proves to be worth the effort Thunt will have to spend making it.

Anyone feel like filling the new guy in about the March Madness thing? I know absolutely nothing about it, past that it's normally about basketball.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:01 am

March Madness is a "tournament" of sorts where webcomics are put against each other, and people can vote on who they believe should win.

Which is fine on itself because the Ôé¼100 prize basicly only makes it a contest for "fame" or "sportsmanship"... But it got REAL ugly REAL fast last year when we were up against Gunnerkrigg Court (though none of it through the authors fault and he too felt really bad for what had happened and it is still amazing) but one of his fans looked at one... Let me make that clear, just ONE page of the comic... And then shouted "OMG THIS COMIC MAKES JOKES ABOUT RAPE!"... And while the subject of rape has been raised in the comic, it was not at all raised in a lighthearted tone, and it was NOT that page. Then our fanbase retaliated, some admittedly more offensive then others and yeah... Comicmix only did something about two days later when the weekend had passed, at which point it was faaaaaar too late.

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:21 am

There were also a bunch of insults directed towards THunt and his art, which weren't exactly nice - I'm sure "lumpy turd people" was mentioned more than once.
Then there was all the cheating that took place too - I can recall one kid who bragged about how he and his friends were spam-voting for GC, racking up dozens of votes each (though admittedly, that could easily have been someone trolling everyone - there was some evidence of spam-voting from the way the vote-total changed, but it wasn't conclusive).

And before you say anything, I'm genuinely not being selective with my examples. I read through the entire comments section on the site, where all of this arguing took place, and though there was some hate coming from our side, most of it was directed at the fans, not the artist or his work. I also got into a semi-reasonable debate with one of the turd-art people, where we discussed how different art-styles are liked by different people. So it wasn't all awful.

But yeah, staying away from that place is probably a good idea.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for the explanation. It sounds like quite the clusterstorm (to compress two expressions which both require half-censoring), and I don't blame Thunt for not wanting to deal with it again.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am

Ugh, I remember that last year. I'd almost forgotten it had happened.
That was before I joined in with the forum, but I had a pretty long Skype convo with two buddies that read the comic about how ridiculous all the drama was. :c

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am

Thunt ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins wrote:
The next Goblins page will be the busiest, most crowded page ever to appear in the comic. I have feared this page for the past 8 years.
Anyone else mashing refresh all day? So very excited to see what he comes up with. This is gonna be good, I can feel it.
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:02 am

I don't think it will be up soon if it's more crowded than the first tower room page.

SccrD25
Likes to Contribute

Post by SccrD25 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 am

Eh makes sense, but when I'm fanboy-ing out logic is of less importance
At some point I should really come up with a clever signature

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 pm

The links will take you to the individual Tweet. I hope.
Thunt ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I apologise for the missing update. The detail on this massive page is killing me. I'll make it up to you with a bunch of pages that...
Thunt ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins wrote:...use existing art to explain different alternate realities and their backgrounds. Tomorrow, I'll post the comic page. Again, sorry. :(
Thunt ÔÇÅ@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I'll post an 'alt-explanation' page tonight. And let you know through Twitter as soon as I do.
These are from about 8 hours ago.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 am

He wants his son to play MORE Xbox? He really IS evil!
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:40 am

RocketScientist wrote:These are from about 8 hours ago.
Well he says there'll be multiple such pages; so far I see only one. It is a lot of fun though. Hulkin's reality amuses me, even though the dialect it's written in is annoying. It makes me think of a world populated by giants, whose thoughts are immense in size but slow-moving just like the ones who think them.
My long-neglected blog.

CelineSSauve
Indulges in Conversation

Post by CelineSSauve » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:12 pm

@Thunt_Goblins Danielle is making changes to Goblins. Removing phrases that aren't in the open licence agreement. This is depressing.
@Thunt_Goblins Yuan-ti, Maglubiyet, Dungeon Master... even Player's Handbook (and more). It's all got to be taken out of the comic. :(
@Thunt_Goblins No one has smacked us with a cease & desist, but Rusty & Co. was recently hit with one and I don't want to have to deal with that.

WOTC... the new TSR. Officially. >:(

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:52 pm

CelineSSauve wrote:@Thunt_Goblins Danielle is making changes to Goblins. Removing phrases that aren't in the open licence agreement. This is depressing.
@Thunt_Goblins Yuan-ti, Maglubiyet, Dungeon Master... even Player's Handbook (and more). It's all got to be taken out of the comic. :(
@Thunt_Goblins No one has smacked us with a cease & desist, but Rusty & Co. was recently hit with one and I don't want to have to deal with that.

WOTC... the new TSR. Officially. >:(
SUUUUCK. Makes me glad I've been saving all the strips in their original form. Still, I'd always found it surprising that this wasn't already the case.
My long-neglected blog.