Ingress! ?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
someone
Whispers Softly

Ingress! ?

Post by someone » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 am

Hello out there... does anyone play this augmented reality game?
Probably we will never meet on the field, fellow agents but i am just curious if there is someone out there.

If you don't know it:
It is a game where you have to take your Scanner (Android smartphone) and go outside (yes, you heard me, outside, where the sun is) and interact with certain places called portals. These portals are points on earth where creativity and/or mind energy flows. Like statues, art, old buildings. So you not only get to take some longer walks in some cities you also get to see interesting places . Of course in rural areas you might have to drive a little to get somewhere where portals are, but you can also take pictures of interesting things and submit new portals.

The goal of the game is simply put: mind units.
In the game are two rival factions. The enlightend, that seek and embrace the shapers (aliens, other dimensional beeings) influence leaking out of these portals and the resistance, seeking to shield humans from this influence .

Conclusion: you get outside and more often than not longer walks. You get to see interesting places. You get to meet a lot of people. (some of them are even friendly, most of them are nerds)

Oh, and I am an Level 8 Enlightend Agent playing in Southern Germany. Agent Alias: Shakalaka.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Ingress! ?

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 am

Level 7 Enlightened in central England here, but sort of lost interest recently. I don't think my scanner is even a recent version enough that I can play without having to download an update :$