Firefly and Dollhouse TV Marathons This Weekend

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Firefly and Dollhouse TV Marathons This Weekend

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm

The Science Channel is running a "Joss Weekend" with marathons of Firefly and Dollhouse this weekend. Seems there's some fans of Whedon around here, so I thought I'd point that out to any who have that channel but might have missed it.

lingrem
Former Mod

Re: Firefly and Dollhouse TV Marathons This Weekend

Post by lingrem » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:40 pm

If I had tv, I'd be down for that!

Then again. I own them. So I can do that whheeeennever I want! That's considerate of you to post this for everyone :)
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:57 pm

lingrem wrote:That's considerate of you to post this for everyone :)
I just want to be loved. :'( :lol:

Oh, there's also the 10-year Firefly anniversary reunion show, if people haven't seen that. Erm, that's on in about an hour. :oops:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:56 pm

Darn it. I really need to get the science channel.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 pm

The Morgan Freeman Through the Wormhole series isn't really as silly as the titles and descriptions make them sound, btw.

Although as far as documentaries go, the History Channel series of "How the Earth Was Made" is excellent. They go through the history of how stuff was figured out, not just covering the end results.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:08 pm

I think I was able to watch the first one or two episodes of the Morgan Freeman one, and it seemed cool. For some reason I couldn't watch anything more after that.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett