Game Destroyers comic

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Fernin
Remains Silent

Game Destroyers comic

Post by Fernin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 pm

It's really nice to see a forum with a general ban on advertisement, it's a rather interesting choice. The special exception for webcomics makes me rather happy, though, being a somewhat serious webcomic artist for over 5 years now (and a not at all serious one for almost a decade). I've never exactly hit it big in the webcomic scene, but I don't really mind, I still plug away at it and get more of the story done as time goes on.

Now, it's a bit much to jump into, since there are over 800 strips and counting, but in the grand scheme of the webcomic world, I see that as a drop in the bucket. The story revolves around a set of rogue sprites, the Game Destroyers army as they travel from game to game, recruiting new sprites to the army and destroying games from time to time. Why do they do this? I'll let the comic answer that, it's right at the beginning. It's actually a new beginning (well... technically a /new/ new beginning), I've revamped the beginning twice to improve it each time, and have an ongoing, back burner project to remake every comic from the smaller panel size up to the current, larger panel size.

I try to stick to a weekly (or bi-weekly, or monthly) schedule, but I don't always make it, got a ton of other things keeping me busy. For slightly over two years, I did manage an every single day schedule with it, and that time was fantastic, some of my best work... just can't commit that much time to it any more, unfortunately.

Oh, one other thing to mention, unlike most webcomics, I don't use text arrows pointing to the speaker. I decided to go with a unique font and font colors for each individual character, which I think always makes it obvious who's speaking. Haven't had /too/ many complaints over the years, so it seems to work out quite well.

Hope you folks enjoy! :D

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: Game Destroyers comic

Post by Arydra » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I will give it a look once I finish Looking For Group.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

HennaGaijin
Of Few Words

Post by HennaGaijin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi, saw this post and am currently in the process of reading it - somewhere around 500 I think - that I got that far tells you I'm enjoying it, and (to my regret) I haven't even played most of the games - so someone who got all the jokes would probably like it more!
One thing I would say though is that occasionally a comic will be a little out of sync and appear a few pages before or after it should, not sure why, or even if it's just 'cos of my doofy computer!
*Insert witty signature here*

Fernin
Remains Silent

Post by Fernin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks for the heads up on that, we just recently changed webhosts and there may have been a few things shuffled around in the move. I'll browse through and fix up anything I find.