Currently Playing: Video Games

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Re: Currently Playing: Video Games

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Yay! I just beat Uncharted 2. And I got close to beating it before I decided to go onto the internet and see how to do it better.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Gord_the_Rogue
Of Few Words

Post by Gord_the_Rogue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii

It is the best RPG that i have ever played (it is, in my opinion, better than FF7). Granted, I haven't played too many newer rpg's, but the story is phenomenal; just when you think you know what is going on, something happens in the story to totally change what is happening.

If you can find a copy (it is super hard to find = limited print, sold only at gamestop), you should totally try it out. And don't use a guide; that would totally ruin some major plot twists. I have around 140 hours logged into it, and I have no idea when it will be done. Every time I think it is done, something new develops that keeps the game going.

Anyone else play this one?

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 am

Just beat Uncharted. A lot of fun, though very limited controls. Pretty much just the square button over and over. Now I'm playing the first assassins creed. Similar style in that you're climbing all over shit, prince of persia style. Story is good, monologues just a little too artsy vague. Combat is fun and I get thoroughly frustrated when I don't make a smooth kill. Then everybody dies. EVERYBODY.....
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 am

I'm still playing Skyrim. Haven't had the money to pick up any new games
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:06 pm

OOooo someone else likes Dead Space! :D My favorite series. Up till 3. Which didn't blow but was lacking.

The Last of Us, which I only played for 3 hours at a friend's house, seemed amazing. Sadly I have an Xbox so I'll have to wait until I visit again to give it another, hopefully 10+ hour long shot.

Currently I'm playing Bioshock: Infinite. Very different feel than the original but this game is looking to be phenomenal.
I am high in fructose.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:The Last of Us, which I only played for 3 hours at a friend's house, seemed amazing. Sadly I have an Xbox so I'll have to wait until I visit again to give it another, hopefully 10+ hour long shot.
When I read "only have an Xbox," I found myself wondering whether this meant the Xbox 360 or the original, and then I came up with the idea that the original should retroactively now be called the "Xbox 359". Make it so, Number One!
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Buta
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Buta » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 am

Right... I have a lot I've been meaning to play so have quite a few on the go at the moment... Mostly on PC though I got myself a 3DS so there's also Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Spiral Knights is one I've gone back to since the battle sprite update. That's fun with my hubby.

Competed Fable III very recently but that was a kick in the teeth first time around so now replaying it.

Batman Arkham Asylum... Currently fighting Bane...

Recently completed Amnesia but still need to finish the additional content.

Others that I've only managed to dip my toe in so far:

Metro 2033
Scratches (I backed their Asylum game so wanna play it)
Burnout Paradise

I think there's at least one more but memory has forgotten it. Never mind. :3 Seeing some great fun titles!

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Just finished The Witcher 2. Extremely impressive game in a lot of ways. No complaints. I have to play it again though because apparently there are two different paths which give you different endings so...
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Willpell, a 360.
So now my friend's heckling me to get Diablo III when it comes out on consoles, is it really as good as he says?
I am high in fructose.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm

I was pretty disappointed by diablo III, but I guess I expected it to feel a lot more like diablo II, which might be why I feel that way.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:10 am

I'm not into this games community anymore and i didn't even played it, but I thought I'll help it spread the world.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/624965
Daymare Town 4
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Revisiting Fallout: New Vegas and I gotta say that with that one they got closer to the original feel of the Fallout experience. Not quite there yet but they are at the right track. Simultaneously traversing the vastness of Skyrim at times cause I just like to walk around, see new places, discover new creatures and smash their heads in with my great ax :D

And lately I've been quite surprised at how good a game Mount & Blade: Warband is. It is a really well done sandbox which gives you a lot of fun (especially the battles)
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

StudiesTheMind
Remains Silent

Post by StudiesTheMind » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 :)
Also recently played The Last of Us (was good, but nothing special :)), Beyond Two Souls (Heavy Rain was better, but still good), Fire Emblem Awakening and Bioshock Infinite (the ending made it really good in retrospect).
My favorite games are survival horror games, especially the japanese ones, my favorite series being Silent Hill & Fatal Frame (Project Zero in Germany). :)

I actually never played Neverwinter, but I played Baldur's Gate 2 when I was a teen and I recently replayed it as a Paladin. Soooooo good!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:55 pm

I have finally given up on playing Diablo 2 "honestly" and am now abusing the heck out of a muling and duping program to turn all my characters into awesomeness. One character has the entire Isenhart set on her hireling now. I hope that this will make the game less frustrating and more satisfying to me, though I do worry a little that I'll become jaded and lose interest in it instead.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Warlock
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Warlock » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:21 am

At this time, I'm occassionally playing Diablo III on PS3.

More often than not, though, I'm playing "Tiny Death Star" on my Android phone and "RimWorld" (http://rimworldgame.com/) on the PC. RimWorld is awesome. It is currently in Alpha, but $30.00 will get you the current build and all future builds up to and including when the game is complete. You can also pay more to get your name in the game or a complete character with full back ground story (written by you). I started playing it in Pre-Alpha, and it has been interesting to play the game and watch how it grows and evolves.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:31 am

I've recently picked up LoL again, since I have a bit of time on my hands. I totally suck at the game but it's fun nonetheless!
Also Battlefront II, which is still the best unbalanced shooter game ever if you ask me. I love conquering the Star Wars universe!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:33 pm

At the moment I am completely and dangerously addicted to a puzzle game called 2048, where you slide number tiles around on a 16-square grid; tiles spawn as 2 or occasionally 4, and pressing an arrow key slides all tiles as far in that direction as there's room for them to go. When a tile slides into another tile of the same number, they combine into the sum of those two numbers (ie double the original number), so you're combining 2s into 4s and 4s into 8s and so forth, trying to eventually create a 2048 tile. So far I don't believe I've gotten better than a 512; about the time I'm halfway into my second one, I find that the grid has filled up with numbers of which no two can be combined, which is a game over. It's definitely got that kind of Tetrissy appeal going on, and I can't stop trying to improve my performance, though my efforts seem to actually be making me worse over time.
My long-neglected blog.

Arklytte
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Arklytte » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 am

StudiesTheMind wrote:I'm currently playing Mass Effect 3 :)
Also recently played The Last of Us (was good, but nothing special :)), Beyond Two Souls (Heavy Rain was better, but still good), Fire Emblem Awakening and Bioshock Infinite (the ending made it really good in retrospect).
My favorite games are survival horror games, especially the japanese ones, my favorite series being Silent Hill & Fatal Frame (Project Zero in Germany). :)

I actually never played Neverwinter, but I played Baldur's Gate 2 when I was a teen and I recently replayed it as a Paladin. Soooooo good!
ME3 w00t!!! I'm playing that through for the 4th (maybe 5th) time. I plan to go for six total, as I want to try it with every 'class' of Shep. Currently on an Engineer run and so far it's probably my favorite. I love playing a vanguard (in ME3 anyway...ME2...not so much), but engineer is just so much FUN, especially on the Geth Destroyer...Between Tali and I we turned at least half of every attacking group against the rest. AOE Sabotage ftw!! My only real complaint is, like most, I HATE the ending. This time through I installed the MEHEM Happy Ending mod and I'm hoping that makes it more tolerable. It really sucks when I like 99.999% of a game enough to enjoy multiple playthroughs, but the ending makes me reluctant to want to get there. :P Cognitive Dissonance anyone?

The other game that's currently eating my brain is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I played the demo way back when I first got ME3 (and I LOVED having the Reckoner Knight armour for my Vanguard) then basically forgot about it. Then just recently I was saw a copy of KOA:R in a bargain bin in a local store and decided to pick it up. I was totally bummed to find that the company that made it went out of business as, after spending about 25-30 hours on the game (and only being about 20% of the way through the main campaign...the sheer scope and number of sidequests is mind boggling!), I truly wish that the minds behind this game would make more. This thing is WoW-ish in scope, has a decent story, great graphics, and one of the most innovative fight mechanics I've ever come across. Plus, the whole meta-concept of how in this world everyone is locked into a certain, inescapable fate that replays in endless 'cycles'...you can even go to Fateweavers if you want to find out your fate. However, your PC is 'free from the bonds of Fate' and can even change the fate of those around them...even going so far as having a special Reckoning mode (bullet time, basically) where you can 'undo the threads of an opponents Fate', removing them completely from the weave. It's pretty sweet!

You can find KOA:R on Steam (though I think it's still running in the $30 range, plus $10 for the two DLC's), or if you are lucky like I was, you can find it for $10 bucks at the local WallyWorld. Either way, I highly recommend this game for a casual time waster. I generally cant manage to put in less than 4 hours at a session, as 90% of the fun is just running around and fighting monsters and coming with innovative combos and ways to use your powers/spells/special abilities. The Angry Joe Show did a really great review on YouTube that highlights what I'm talking about, and I have found that his review is pretty much in line with my experience.

Sorry if the last bit sounded like a commercial for KOA:R...I have no financial interest, just think it's a great game and I hope that if enough people continue to show interest, the minds behind it will either start up again or other companies will put out work in a similar vein.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:42 am

So I put myself on a games ban for 18months while I did a graphic design correspondence course. Kept buying, just didn't play :P As such, I only started playing Skyrim in Jan and am still playing.

Backlog of games I have sitting there waiting for me to finish Skyrim:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Arkham Asylum
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3
Assassin's Creed 4
Last of Us

Got a lot of playing to do!
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 am

You need to bump the Last of Us to the top of that list. It's awesome :)

Arklytte
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Arklytte » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Is Last of Us available on PC? I've seen some clips on various 'Top 10' type videos and it looks interesting, but I cant seem to find it to buy on PC. Looks like it'd be a fun game.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 am

I thought you could get it on steam? Could be wrong though.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:49 am

I've been playing lots of Diablo III recently, given the expansion and all. I wasn't expecting the gear gap between 60 and onward to be so...nasty. It was like hitting a brick wall the instant I started getting more levels. Gear wasn't dropping that was any better than my old legendaries, but enemies quickly scaled to a point they were nigh impossible to handle until I finally hit 70. .-.
I'm starting to goof around a bit with adventure now. Seems a fun change of pace.

Otherwise... I've just been playing Secret World, as always.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 am

Arklytte wrote:Is Last of Us available on PC? I've seen some clips on various 'Top 10' type videos and it looks interesting, but I cant seem to find it to buy on PC. Looks like it'd be a fun game.
No, it's a PS3 exclusive unfortunately.

There's apparently going to be a movie version, but movies based on games are ALWAYS amazing so I can't see what could possibly go wrong. </sarcasm>

Arklytte
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Arklytte » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:25 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Arklytte wrote:Is Last of Us available on PC? I've seen some clips on various 'Top 10' type videos and it looks interesting, but I cant seem to find it to buy on PC. Looks like it'd be a fun game.
No, it's a PS3 exclusive unfortunately.

There's apparently going to be a movie version, but movies based on games are ALWAYS amazing so I can't see what could possibly go wrong. </sarcasm>
Bollocks! I cant see myself buying a console just for one game...did that with Gamecube/Metriod Prime (though that was soooooo worth it), but my current finances just dont support the math. I suppose I could always try an emulator. If I can somehow get it to work on my PC, that'd be worth picking up the game at least. :)

LOL...And a zombie apocalypse game to movie conversion, at that. I can totally see that going swimmingly. :paranoia: