Currently Playing: Video Games

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Re: Currently Playing: Video Games

Post by DoodleMoogle » Wed May 21, 2014 5:15 pm

I haven't been playing many games lately. Aside from the Telltale episodic games, but those are pretty short. A game that I can think of that I've been putting more time into has been Bloodbowl.
That game is incredibly addicting when you get into it. My Ogre team has steadily been getting scarier and scarier as my players have leveled. It's so much fun to choose a bizarre team like ogres in that game.
► Show Spoiler

Gord_the_Rogue
Of Few Words

Post by Gord_the_Rogue » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:38 am

I have seen a few of you mention Diablo 3 and I am wondering if it is worth the purchase. My wife hinted at getting it for me for father's day, and I want to know whether I should ask for something else (a bass guitar is also in the running) or if I should be excited about D3?

I played D2 for years, at least the better part of a decade. I stopped seriously playing when we had kids, but I loved that game. I know that D3 is very different and I have read reviews from people that have said it is not worth playing. Also, if I do end up with D3, should I also get the expansion right away, or can I wait on that?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:28 pm

My current favorite game is extremely NSFW. PM me if you're a complete pervert and want to hear about it.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:56 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but I downloaded Amnesia. Ho-ly shit. I'm a big fan of horror but this freaks me the love out. And nothing even really happened yet, just some door blowing open and stuff like that. I'm scared to go past each and every corner and hid in every closet so far, without any real reason as of yet. Aaaaaargh!

I'm going to have so much fun with this game :D
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 am

Due to a malfunction in my most modern computer, I've been forced to return to using an extremely old one, and the silver lining in that whopping dark cloud is that I've returned to playing Text-Adventure / Interactive Fiction games. I highly recommend the works of Adam Cadre: "Narcolepsy" is hilarious and "Lock and Key" is a frustratingly tough and unique brainteaser. If you don't have much time to kill, though, it's hard to get a better short-and-sweet experience than from the luckily-misbegotten "Conan Kill Everything" (not by Cadre). I also have a version of the original Colossal Cave, but that one is a bit dated for my current preferences.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:00 pm

I've almost finished Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I'm so far behind in my Xbox 360 games! Only another 7 left still to play!
► Show Spoiler

Just Karen
Gives Speeches

Post by Just Karen » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Elder Scrolls Online.

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:18 am

Haven't most reviews been giving Elder scrolls online a sound thrashing? It's a shame because I really like the series. Is it actually worth the subscription?
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 pm

DoodleMoogle wrote:Haven't most reviews been giving Elder scrolls online a sound thrashing? It's a shame because I really like the series. Is it actually worth the subscription?
I've heard its nice, but gets repetitive very quickly. Even Skyrim felt that way after a while (head to this cave, whipe out ghouls, find word wall, rinse repeat etc).
► Show Spoiler

Trash Wizard
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Trash Wizard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 pm

Synch wrote:
DoodleMoogle wrote:Haven't most reviews been giving Elder scrolls online a sound thrashing? It's a shame because I really like the series. Is it actually worth the subscription?
I've heard its nice, but gets repetitive very quickly. Even Skyrim felt that way after a while (head to this cave, whipe out ghouls, find word wall, rinse repeat etc).
It's the big downfall with most of the Elder Scrolls games. I feel like Skyrim would have been better without a fast-travel system, or at least a seriously reduced one. Such a big world, and with nothing in it...

DoodleMoogle
Speaks Quietly

Post by DoodleMoogle » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:23 am

I have to admit as much I like Skyrim, it did get repetative really quickly. I dreaded doing quests and I just waited for the game to be like "Oh! You haven't had your Draugr dungeon today. Better get down there mister~"
Skyrim didn't really have any imagination in it's quests. It was always, go here, kill that, get this, come back. Rinse and repeat. I have fond memories of Oblivion.
That game even with all it's flaws was fun. I mean, there was that one Dark Brotherhood quest where you get to go to a party and pick off the guests one at a time.
It was so much fun. And then theres Glarthir. This jackass tells you there's some conspiracy going on and asks you to stalk the people he suspects.
I followed these people around for a while comepletely convinced before I realized they were just normal people and Glarthir was just out of his mind.

My point is, I can't point to any quests in Skyrim that stuck to me like many of the fun ones in Oblivion. I wonder why they felt the need to make the game so serious.
► Show Spoiler