Favorite comic books?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Skulexander
Mutters to Themself

Favorite comic books?

Post by Skulexander » Sun May 05, 2013 6:06 pm

What're all you guys' favorite comic books? I like Green Lantern stuff. I like the new Aquaman series, the new Batman series, and Thor: God of Thunder. Haven't read too many though.
Oblivion Holes = Love

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Re: Favorite comic books?

Post by Arydra » Sun May 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Closest thing I have read to a comic book was some of the old original Elfquest series. However, I do like the movies.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon May 06, 2013 2:46 am

While I like Comic books in general, I have yet to read one (besides Goblins) which catches my interest nearly as good as a book does.
So, I have not added any of them to my "favourites".

Edit: Well, "The adventures of Asterix" (Asterix and Obelix) definitely is among my favourites. Although I miss Mr. Ren├® Goscinny's lines. Mr. Uderzo is making a fantastic job out of it, but...

While Asterix and the great Divice actually move up my favourites as I aged (the first one without Goscinny), the other ones remained at the bottom...
I also just saw, that on 24 October, a new A&O will be published. Mr Uderzo will not be involved at all.
So, I'll have to see whether the new team is capable to continue the series (they already did a great job drawing and colouring the last time, but that was still under the lead of Mr. Albert Udero).
Last edited by Krulle on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Zambee
Whispers Softly

Post by Zambee » Tue May 07, 2013 6:25 pm

There are several web comics I follow, but I don't suppose they count as comic books for this thread.
Well, I used to collect/read a few Marvel ones: Uncanny X-men, Wolverine and Deadpool, The Mighty avengers etc... but I was always more interested in the limited story ones. The ones that had a defenate ending to the series, like Marvel Zombies, Marvel fairy tales and so on. I felt a little sick the first time I read a Marvel Zombies comic :D

Skulexander
Mutters to Themself

Post by Skulexander » Tue May 07, 2013 7:42 pm

All interesting answers.
Oblivion Holes = Love

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm

I may have to go read The Sandman again to cheer me up after Goblins. :P

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri May 31, 2013 8:18 am

I never really liked the Green Lantern stuff until Darkest Night series with the black and white rings. It was pretty awesome
Games:
► Show Spoiler

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 am

I like most superhero comic books though my collection isn't very extensive.

I also like Skullkickers. It's available in both print and as a webcomic. It really is worth a read :)

http://skullkickers.keenspot.com/d/20120106.html
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:09 pm

I miss Crossgen Comics hard....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Astro City is making a comeback! That's my all-time favorite. ... But it hasn't been the same since Kurt Busiek got sick. He's supposedly better now, but his writing just hasn't had the same shine. Still looking forward to the new issues, just not quite as much.

Atomic Robo is pure awesome.

I've mostly given up on the Big Two, but I do still read Birds of Prey, Batgirl, Batman Beyond (a real gem), and Ultimate Marvel.

Buffy and Angel are fun continuations of the TV series. Not amazing, but better than a lot of the late-season stuff...

Invincible is also pretty good.

Legend of Oz: The Wicked West is a well-written new twist on the classic.

Ghostbusters and Ninja Turtles are worthy continuations of childhood staples.

I read a few others, but those are the current highlights.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Gord_the_Rogue
Of Few Words

Post by Gord_the_Rogue » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I haven't read anything new in years. I used to love x-men, and all the mutant follow ons, but I stopped reading around 1995, right around the time the comics industry started to go downhill.

I was also into some non-mainstream titles (still from the big 2) like ROM Spaceknight, and DC's House of Mysteries.

I guess I collected whatever caught my eye at the time so I have a very eclectic collection.