Newcomers Check-in!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Neutrino
Remains Silent

Re: Newcomers Check-in!

Post by Neutrino » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:43 am

Not sure if I had an account before, but for l3g1t-first week creation date and occasional strolling this seems like a good opportunity :).

Hello everyone.
e=mc┬▓

popofasi
Remains Silent

Post by popofasi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:33 pm

i had no idea if this was the right button?
--It was!

Aelthas
Remains Silent

Post by Aelthas » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Sup. I'm back. For those of you who don't know, I used to be on the forum fairly often.

Plenz
Remains Silent

Post by Plenz » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:15 pm

So... dunno what to say. Long time reader, love the comic, don't really do forums much, lurk on Ustream from time to time, would love to see the first three books come out in a uniform set of hardcovers (and all future ones, too, of course).

First time signing onto a forum like this, not sure what I'll do here.

Red_Clay
Remains Silent

Post by Red_Clay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi! I'm Red Clay and I'm to new to forums in general but I've been following the comic for a little over a year now. I've always had quite an interest in role playing so I'll probably see you on the Games section. Let's get along. :D

Bloomis
Remains Silent

Post by Bloomis » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Hey all. Long time reader, first time forum user.

predator
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by predator » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 am

hi, long time reader, first time forum user.

This comic has become somewhat of a secret addiction to me. I like a good story. I'm more of a book reader but i am amazed of thunt for the way he tells his story. I'm pretty sure what types of resources he has used to create his story (and as a hobby writer i know story structure isn't easy) and i am sort of admiring him for pulling it off. Also i think it is great how thunt makes the characters tell their stories sometimes by their emotions alone. I know it's a very important factor for appeal in his story (for it generates empathy, even with some of the villains). He writes towards the reader and his story arc's are all about invoking powerful emotion in the reader. This is more important to him then the survival of his main characters. And i think that is most powerful quality. A quality he shares with George rr martin, who also kills of empathising characters just to get the reader upset or dropping his jaw in awe.
On a side note: i also bought the book 'in the name of the wind' from rothfuss, and i have been trying to master his skill of story writing ever since.

Jotunheim
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Jotunheim

Post by Jotunheim » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Ello. I'm back after the great forum apocalypse.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

How you doin? You should recreate your art thread here. It was great! :)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

smithsguild
Remains Silent

Post by smithsguild » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:19 am

Good day all...

Just wanted to first state I'm a Big fan of Goblins; I admire the incredible story lines presented and Thunt's artistry in successfully rendering those thoughts into a visually compelling story.

I do however have a bone to pick with him. I understand with the move to new home, child custody & Ex-hosebeast drama, weddings, and baby planning that one might get sidetracked by Stuff(tm).
HOWEVER, loyal leeches(like myself) and your generous contributors alike are looking wistfully at the extra's and wondering: 'Where in Hell is Tempt's Fate!?!'

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:23 am

If you are missing things that should have been sent to you, then the best option is normally emailing Danielle. Like you said, they have a lot of stuff going on, and based on today's page, even more drawing than usual. There was another thread about this here somewhere that has Danielle's email.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

smithsguild
Remains Silent

Post by smithsguild » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 am

No goodies missing (hence the loyal leeches(like myself) comment), was just hoping for some love for Tempt's Fates storyline. Even a small nudge forward would be seen as positive progress. (After all he went to Hell to help prevent Thunt and crew from becoming homeless and being eaten by Canadian Polar bears, the dude deserves a *little* recognition.)

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:39 am

smithsguild wrote:No goodies missing (hence the loyal leeches(like myself) comment), was just hoping for some love for Tempt's Fates storyline. Even a small nudge forward would be seen as positive progress. (After all he went to Hell to help prevent Thunt and crew from becoming homeless and being eaten by Canadian Polar bears, the dude deserves a *little* recognition.)
Tempts Fate is finished. He just hasn't added them to the Tempts Fate 11 page. He used them as filler for a couple of updates, then removed them. They were linked in the old forum, but :gonk:

He'll get around to posting the pages eventually.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Useless Trivia Man
Remains Silent
Location: Middle Earth, or is it the Midwest? Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.

Post by Useless Trivia Man » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Greetings and salutations, Goblinites. Useless Trivia Man, at your service. I've been a fan of this webcomic for many a year, and I occasionally use "sonuvacrap" in day-to-day conversations.

I even once swiped the Axe of Prissan for my home D&D campaign. (And as soon as that scenario played out, I introduced my players to Goblins. And we're all still reading.) :D

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:15 pm

I'd love to know where those little purple horned dragon things come from, they look awesome!
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Useless Trivia Man
Remains Silent
Location: Middle Earth, or is it the Midwest? Which one has hobbits? Yeah, that one.

Post by Useless Trivia Man » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm

SeeAMoose wrote:I'd love to know where those little purple horned dragon things come from, they look awesome!
You can blame Phil Foglio (nowadays best known for his excellent Girl Genius webcomic). The purple dragon showed up in the comics section at the back of Dragon Magazine in the 80's, in Foglio's monthly What's New? comic strip. (Hey! I just discovered that the entire run of What's New is available on Phil's site! SWEET!)

Information on the dreaded purple dragon can be read here. Much to my surprise, while googling I just learned that "purple dragon" is apparently a variety of marijuana. Based upon that, I wonder if I'll be getting a visit from my local constabulary soon?

First appearance

DO NOT apply water!

Don't say we didn't warn you!

Stickleback17
Remains Silent

Post by Stickleback17 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:49 am

Howdy ya'll!
New to the forum but I've been reading Goblins since 2005, gaming since AD&D 1st edition.
(Sonuvacrap, I'm older than THAC0!)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:41 am

Hey all, some of you may remember me from the GiantITP forums, from which I was recently (and, IMO, unjustly) banned; I've chosen the same Goblins avatar that I was using there to represent me in this new community, where I hope I can manage to tread more carefully and avoid ruffling any feathers this time. Anyone who's been a fan of my homebrew or the like over there, feel free to mention to people over there that I can now be found here. I may eventually reproduce the homebrew here, such of it as I had the sense to save copies of.

firefly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by firefly » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Hullo again :)

I've been way too busy for my own good lately and I expect it will be another 5-6 weeks until I have actually time for a life (both online and off) but in the meanwhile, welcome back to the forum :cheer:

So anyway, I was a lurker on the original forum, then an almost lurker on the new forum and now... a registered lurker.

I am also a girl and almost 30, and from Portugal.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm

I remember you. Welcome back. :)

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

firefly
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by firefly » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you :D

Lamascale
Remains Silent

Greatings

Post by Lamascale » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:32 am

Hello, my name is Lamascale. I am always looking for great web comics to read for a past time. I enjoy speculating characters and talking with others about what or who in the comic in such forums.

mystic575
Mumbles Incoherently

Newb here

Post by mystic575 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I've written too many introductions. I try to stay away from forums, but then I'm drawn in and have to write an intro. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm Mystic. I'm female, by the way. No, I can't prove it. If you think I'm lying, all right. I like Pokemon. I like MTG. I like roleplaying. Anyone know where the rps are?

klikclack
Remains Silent

Post by klikclack » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:01 am

Been reading the comics for a couple years....this is the first time i've really signed up for the forums though....so, i guess new-ish....

adamtaa
Remains Silent

Newcomers Check-in!

Post by adamtaa » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 am

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. Usually I just lurk on these forum things but today, since I love this comic so much I felt I had to join. So, hi there and all of that.