Goblins Card Game ?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
JononE
Remains Silent

Goblins Card Game ?

Post by JononE » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:22 am

Morning Everyone - I feel this is the best place to post this ? I hope so, apologies if there is a better place. I was just asking, I backed the Goblins card game many many years ago... But never recieved anything since. Has it ever been released ? I know the cards are on the site, but they seem to be so small printing them out doesn't provide good enough playing quality. Any news would be helpful guys. Thanks

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Re: Goblins Card Game ?

Post by Krulle » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:14 pm

The company you backed used the money to finish a different game.
(And started with some art commisions, so Elli did get some of that money, for the art she delivered.)
They lost all rights when the weren't able to finish the game at a certain deadline, and the rights reverted to Ellipsis.
Sorry, you were scammed, and Elli was scammed too.

Ellipsis tried to make the game herself, but so far hasn't realeased a full version, AFAIK.
Last I remember that I read, in her "final" version she ran into a showstopper regarding playing.
Playing a certain character and playstyle apparently ensured your victory.
That's unbalanced.

Life has a habit of changing a lot of things, so Elli has different priorities right now.
Most art Elli created for the game is published though, see my signature.
That thread is also a repository of tweets about that topic I collected, althoug discontinued at a certain point.

edit to add: the blog post (referred to in one of the first posts in the other thread) address has changed : https://www.goblinscomic.org/blog/lowti ... realities/
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Goblins Card Game ?

Post by WearsHats » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:08 am

Art for the cards is done. Rules are mostly done. Just need to polish a few things up... and find a good way to publish. That's on hold for now, as time is dedicated to the comic and the animated series. But it hasn't been forgotten. (The hardcopy & PDF books of the comic are in the same state of "on hold but not forgotten.") All backers will get some playable version of the game. You can preview the cards and such here: https://www.goblinscomic.org/gar
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler