Username Explanations

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Green
Remains Silent
UStream Username: SuperGreen

Re: Username Explanations

Post by Green » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm

A few years back, I decided that I should have a favorite color.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:41 am

Green is a rather great favourite colour!

When I was little, I had three favourites: Blue, Yellow, and Green. I decided that I should only have ONE favourite colour, so I opted for green because it's a mix of blue and yellow (what a practical mind little-me had!).
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:56 am

Lingrem, IIRC you never explained your username, but it looks quite interesting. Would you like to tell about it?

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:13 am

Oh maybe I did on the last board.

lingrem is "gremlin" rearranged. "Lin" is the beginning of my name. So it was swapped around and voila, lingrem!

eta: and O.M.G. I just googled lingrem for the first time. SO MANY OF THE PICTURES are mine! I guess from my photobucket and my deviant art!! Auugh! AND a bunch of them of me! And then there are photos of people that I know and have had on my twitter or whatnot... but they were never posted by me. AND there are goblins photos and avatars!!!!! :shock:

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:43 am

Wow, that's quite unique username. And so simple! It never occured to me it might be a rearranged word.

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:46 am

Chances are, if you see "lingrem" somewhere online... it's me.

Kerindras
Remains Silent

Post by Kerindras » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:50 am

I created the name Kerindras in frustration with mmorpg character naming. It was different and it flowed nicely. I have googled it and found only links to my creations. I have only ever had an issue using it once in character creation... but it was due to my naming of an old character on an account I owned and forgot about LOL. Green is my favourite colour too followed by blue and purple ever since I was a child MANY years ago. Sigh.... feeling old now heh heh.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:15 am

Going way back I had borrowed a name from Greek mythology. Now there's probably millions using it, but go back far enough and maybe only hundreds. ;)

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I think DrinksTooMuchCoffee is about as beautiful an ancient Greek name can get ;)
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:38 pm

When I was a kid, I didn't really have a favorite color. So I said green because when I thought of everyday beauty, trees are what came to mind. But someone told me that having green as your favorite color was usually about money, which kind of spoiled it. Eventually, I realized that my favorite color is actually dark blue. (But my favorite color combination is black and gold.)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:07 pm

Guus wrote:Well, I think DrinksTooMuchCoffee is about as beautiful an ancient Greek name can get ;)
Well, obviously there's not much story to the handle I picked for this board, and it's only used here (on my part). :P

Now on other boards I picked a word from another language, but I suspect I got the gender wrong, so I may be accidentally, incorrectly, and widely though of as female in some circles by those who know the language. :oops: And I'm not saying more about that. :P

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Longtime fan of Elfquest, and I live near a bunch of Redwoods. Thus...Redwood...Elf.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

grizzled grizzle
Of Few Words

Post by grizzled grizzle » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:12 pm

I went with the opposite of "Young and Beautiful" to choose this one.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:50 pm

grizzled grizzle wrote:I went with the opposite of "Young and Beautiful" to choose this one.
... So does that mean you are young and beautiful?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:41 am

And Young and Beautiful got jealous, which is why she named grizzle this way :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:06 am

That would make her sound like she's Snowwhite's step mom.

Am I one of the Dwarves?That would explain some things...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

grizzled grizzle
Of Few Words

Post by grizzled grizzle » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:12 am

heh, not really, it's mainly 'cause i've always got stuck thinking of what in her psychology made her choose something with so much fail for [url=ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U]herself.[/url] Even if she got every other prophecy/name right, as soon as anyone would be introduced they would discount all her others as junk...

edit: well, I don't want to stomp on eatsveal's intro, so i'll just edit this entry ;)
WearsHats wrote:...so we have no idea what she looked like when she was, say, Fox's age.

But yeah, when I made my earlier comment, my point was that if Y&B was the opposite of her name and you were looking for a name that was the opposite of hers, then you end up with sort of a double negative, which would presumably make you young and beautiful.
I'm sure everyone except Y&B (before she named herself) has been called that by strange elders who you have no idea what they want... :p but no, it was the outlier nature of her name that touched me enough to spring off of it, and perhaps the multiple meanings that could be chosen from 2 simple almost equal words that twinned me to these.
Last edited by grizzled grizzle on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:00 am

Actually, that reminds me. Thunt did a bonus story for one of the books (good reason to buy the PDFs or hard copy!) called "Younglings." It's about the GAP when they were kids. It was a lot of fun. But I told him the one thing that disappointed me was that we didn't get to see Young And Beautiful back when she still was. (Thunt said that hadn't occurred to him, and now he was disappointed, too.) We've only seen her at the end of her life, so we have no idea what she looked like when she was, say, Fox's age.

But yeah, when I made my earlier comment, my point was that if Y&B was the opposite of her name and you were looking for a name that was the opposite of hers, then you end up with sort of a double negative, which would presumably make you young and beautiful.

And that actually almost brings us back to the topic of the thread!

► Show Spoiler

Eatsakitten
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Eatsakitten

Post by Eatsakitten » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 am

For some reason I was once trying to think of what livestock for Small sized creatures would be... I ended up with pets. Then for some bizarre reason, my brain kicked in with Rodney Dangerfield saying: "Hey thanks, I'm here all week, try the veal!" And Eatsakitten was born.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Mmmh, cat food. In the most literal sense.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm

Eatsakitten you'll fit right in. We already have FriedKitty.
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

Bashka
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Bashka » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Bashka was a LARP character of mine. He was a Ravnos in the Camarilla fanclub game. He was a devious bastard. I wound up getting two characters killed and no one knew I was behind it for years. The amusing part is what I found out about the name I had chosen. I was at a large convention and we decided to have a Ravnos meeting. We went to a Denny's across the street from the game and, while there, a waiter noticed my nametag. He said that in his language, "Bashka" meant big hearted. I was well amused by that.
"Something inspiring" - Someone Important

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 am

Wolfie wrote:Eatsakitten you'll fit right in. We already have FriedKitty.
The names fit together a tad too well...
Where's FriedKitty now? :shock:
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Causes_Chaos
Knows Everything

Post by Causes_Chaos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:17 pm

IRL my friends have given me the nickname of "Entropy" because I bring chaos to order, whether I intend to or not.

Yes, it is a long story chocked full of mirth, sarcasm and a low tolerance for BS.

When you goblinize that, viola! ~ Causes_Chaos is born!

Warlock
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Warlock » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:09 am

As some of the old timers in the Games forum could probably telly you, my name, "Warlock", and the persona that came with it, drew heavily from Richard of "Looking for Group". I just wish I could find my old avatar picture, not that I have as much time to post as I used to.