Username Explanations

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Username Explanations

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Hmm...okay. So wayyyyy back in time, in my teen years, I made an account on runescape. "Flaminbsting" I wanted greenfire or something similar, but didn't want a name with numbers. So I decided to keep the fire part in the name. I then decided to add my first initial if my first name. "B" and then it was flamingb. And i though, what the hell why not just add beesting to it? It was too long and became flaminbsting. Unique to every location. It was my most used name and I didn't make many accounts, but when joining the goblins forum I thought about just signig up as flaminbsting, but that would have been dumb and I wanted it goblinized. After thinking about it for a while it became burnsbees and i started the lich personality here...on serial killers. Then after the first move I decided to shorten it to burns and I regretted it. Temp form I became burningbees due to the double meaning. And then here I settled for my arch lich persona.

Avy has no relation to the name... Seemed to scare everybody with it, that and I told mort I change it after shame is defeated and i shall keep my choatic word.

Zambee
Whispers Softly

Post by Zambee » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 pm

The origins of my name is a secret! Let's just say I'm a Zombie, only not so hard core. And I eat Muffins and tea, not brains.

John
Converses Frequently

Post by John » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:17 am

favorite user name so far was back when I played WoW. I made an undead without a jaw and asked my little sister what sound someone without a jaw would make. The best way I could spell the sound she made was Krrrch. While I'm pretty sure you can't make that sound without a jaw- it was hilarious to see her face when she made the noise.
Games:
► Show Spoiler

Vorak
Remains Silent

Post by Vorak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:57 am

Seems as good a place as anywhere to introduce myself to everyone. I am a little confused on the lack of a new topic button being anywhere on the forum though.

My name is just what I've always used for the last 10 years or so for pretty much everything. It has roots in Arcanum if anyone else remembers that game.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 am

Vorak wrote:Seems as good a place as anywhere to introduce myself to everyone. I am a little confused on the lack of a new topic button being anywhere on the forum though.
The new topic button is the two axes, on on top of the page and one on the bottom. They say New Topic.
Also, thanks for joining us and hope you have fun here.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 am

You also have to post a certain amount of times before you can create new topics but I don't think it is that many times :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am

It's my acual name. Sorry, not much of a story there.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Q4T
Mutters to Themself

Post by Q4T » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 am

Q4T = Question For Thunt

I used to ask him a lot of questions as a Ustreamer, and the goblins naming convention dictates that you be named after whatever you're destined to do. Also, it was kind of cool having Ustream say "Question for Thunt: What's your favorite food?"

Now and then, Tarol would say, "Is that a question for me, Question For Thunt?"

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Liesmith wrote:I think it would be hilarious for one of the Goblins to be named John. The Fortuneteller could've gotten so frustrated with Complains of Names that she just names a goblin 'John' out of spite. He'd be a completely normal goblin, but Complains would hate him with a passion and be unable to explain why.
No... SHE would be named John. :P And even though he hates her with a passion Complains would still eventually marry her, and have a whole passel of single-syllable-named Goblinets. :lol:
► Show Spoiler
mnem
Mnementh pronounced (nem-enth)
n. Abbr. mnem
See Dragonriders of Pern
[Middle Pernese, from Old Benden Weyr; meaning: honking big dragon]

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:56 am

mnementh wrote:I think I just did the whole "This is your Life" thing here: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23#p349
So did I!

Mine starts before yours, thus making me the victor.

YOU'VE BEEN PREQUELED.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:36 am

Liesmith wrote:
mnementh wrote:I think I just did the whole "This is your Life" thing here: http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23#p349
So did I!

YOU'VE BEEN PREQUELED.
Ummm... yeah, but... we all know mine was actually first released upon an unsuspecting and unprepared Forum way back when in the time before time, when BlindFerret wasn't the bane of our existence but rather our comfy cozy home.

So what now... Pre-Prequeled are you?

I think we need to settle this like men. You know what that means... yes. Of course.

Dueling Banjoes.

mnem
Go ahead, click it. You know you want to.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:51 am

mnementh wrote:
Liesmith wrote:
So did I!

YOU'VE BEEN PREQUELED.
Ummm... yeah, but... we all know mine was actually first released upon an unsuspecting and unprepared Forum way back when in the time before time, when BlindFerret wasn't the bane of our existence but rather our comfy cozy home.

Mine was actually first published as a nam-šub ancient Sumer, though you can still see original draft if you look up at the sky during a clear night. Using a microwave telescope, of course. The cosmic background radiation is the draft I allowed for free download before publishing, but you'll need to examine the quantum foam to see my earlier draft (it had a robot dog).
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Because my regular username was taken when I was 6 on some silly game. Also I was horrible at spelling at the time. Since then this name has never been taken.

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Liesmith wrote:
mnementh wrote:
Liesmith wrote:
So did I!

YOU'VE BEEN PREQUELED.

Mine was actually first published as a nam-šub ancient Sumer, though you can still see original draft if you look up at the sky during a clear night. Using a microwave telescope, of course. The cosmic background radiation is the draft I allowed for free download before publishing, but you'll need to examine the quantum foam to see my earlier draft (it had a robot dog).
But you, and everything you've ever been or ever will be, are but memes and errant wisps of the Gweat Dwagon Dweam, which I began so long ago in that time before time when reality itself was as fluid as buttered rum...

mnem
Never wake the Universal Dreamer; for when his eyes open, you shall wink out of existence.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:46 pm

All of that is just a figment of the imagination of the turtle at the bottom of the stack. When that turtle was designed, I was already old enough to complain about how it wasn't as good as world-supporting turtles back in my day.
► Show Spoiler

T-RexWithTourettes
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: TrexWithTourettes

Post by T-RexWithTourettes » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Dig the name WhirdCheese! :P
And I know there's a thread specifically for avatar discussion, but jesus, Liesmith, I'm not sure if that gif is hilarious are friggin creepy :shudder:
I am high in fructose.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:33 pm

T-RexWithTourettes wrote:Dig the name WhirdCheese! :P
And I know there's a thread specifically for avatar discussion, but jesus, Liesmith, I'm not sure if that gif is hilarious are friggin creepy :shudder:
It's chakra encoded!
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:30 pm

mnementh wrote:But you, and everything you've ever been or ever will be, are but memes and errant wisps of the Gweat Dwagon Dweam, which I began so long ago in that time before time when reality itself was as fluid as buttered rum...
Liesmith wrote:All of that is just a figment of the imagination of the turtle at the bottom of the stack. When that turtle was designed, I was already old enough to complain about how it wasn't as good as world-supporting turtles back in my day.
Stop littering my reality with this silly argument.

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:54 pm

gamecreator wrote:
mnementh wrote:But you, and everything you've ever been or ever will be, are but memes and errant wisps of the Gweat Dwagon Dweam, which I began so long ago in that time before time when reality itself was as fluid as buttered rum...
Liesmith wrote:All of that is just a figment of the imagination of the turtle at the bottom of the stack. When that turtle was designed, I was already old enough to complain about how it wasn't as good as world-supporting turtles back in my day.
Stop littering my reality with this silly argument.
Pfffft. Reality she says. :P

mnem
It's been surreal.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Yeah, reality is a bit presumptuous, don't you think? I believe we can agree on "potentially shared pseudo-hallucination", at best.
► Show Spoiler

mnementh
Former Mod

Post by mnementh » Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Liesmith wrote:Yeah, reality is a bit presumptuous, don't you think? I believe we can agree on "potentially shared pseudo-hallucination", at best.
Shared, Hell... this is MY hallucination. YOU just live in it. :lol:

mnem
Hey, you! Get offa my cloud!

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Wed May 01, 2013 6:47 pm

mnementh wrote:
Liesmith wrote:Yeah, reality is a bit presumptuous, don't you think? I believe we can agree on "potentially shared pseudo-hallucination", at best.
Shared, Hell... this is MY hallucination. YOU just live in it. :lol:

mnem
Hey, you! Get offa my cloud!
I don't live, I oscillate vigorously.

Now, get outta my free-floating collection of gaseous water molecules, Hugh!
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm

So, about those usernames....
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sat May 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Guess what I was eating when I made the account? Seemed like a funny word and I didn't expect to be so active in the forums...

Given the choice I would change it or at least put a space in between the two words.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat May 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Well it makes an amusing counterpoint with your avvy....
My long-neglected blog.