Goblinite Critters?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Goblinite Critters?

Post by Zathyr » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:09 pm

So I like the nice community we have at the forums here. We are fans of a webcomic based on D&D monsters. There is a (mostly) weekly broadcast called Critical Role on the Geek & Sundry twitch channel (recordings of which become available on the G&S website) with a bunch of very talented voice actors playing D&D. Now the overlap might end there at the D&D connection, and it's not even the same editions, but I know at least one other person here is a fan of both and I've run into at least one person in the twitch channel who's a fan of both. Critical Role has their own forums and I poke around in there and it's a friendly bunch, but I figured I'd start a thread here for the Goblins fans who are also "Critters" (fans of Critical Role).

I'm not starting this to advertise for the show, but if you haven't seen it, I do suggest looking it up and giving it a chance. I've watched or listened to some other D&D games and it's generally not anywhere near as entertaining as this bunch. :)

This is just a thread to discuss anything and everything about Critical Role. Speculation, events transpiring, the people involved, whatever. Go wild!

I would ask that anything pertaining to the most recent episode, up until the Tuesday after it streams (a day after it's up on the website) conversation be placed in spoiler tags
► Show Spoiler
, and if it's Tuesday or later and you see new posts in here, you may want to hold off on reading the thread until you watch the episode.

I think for an intro, that basically covers it. So, Goblinite Critters, speak up! I am one!
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Goblinite Critters?

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 am

Past episodes are on the G&S youtube page, but that is delayed by a few months, while new episodes make it to the website in fairly short order.

Zathyr, did you catch the special episode they did on a Saturday to raise money for charity? It took place between Ep. 26 and 27, not sure when they will post it. If I had to guess, during an off week when they aren't able to shoot, as it doesn't involve any of the normal characters, and likely isn't canon.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Oh there was so much craziness in that episode I doubt Matt would make it canon. And yes I saw it. :) Not sure if it'll go up onto the site or not. There weren't any of the Vox Machina characters in there, and I think some parts of it Zac/Overlord/Snugglelord honestly wants to purge from his mind. ;) It is available as a VOD (video on demand) to subscribers of the Twitch channel, or rather as part of a VOD, at about the 9:23:00 mark in their Oct. 3rd recording of the charity drive, for anyone really wanting to see it.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:01 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:50 am

I want to gripe and complain about the announcement from yesterday, just to get it out, but I don't feel like it's worth posting on twitter, etc. So Zathyr and anyone else gets to hear my thoughts instead.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

I find it best to avoid speculation on these matters. It could be nearly anything. I don't remember exactly what Mercer said, but my first thought went to Orion's health, and was happy to hear he'd still be streaming on his own twitch channel.

It is what it is. It was also sad when Pike left because of Ashley's acting work. I'll probably still enjoy the stream, and who knows what the future holds.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Zathyr wrote:. I don't remember exactly what Mercer said, but my first thought went to Orion's health, .
Orion said his health is OK, Matt said it was within group issues that they tried to fix but weren't able to smooth out. :(

*Edit: I understand that speculation is of little use, which is why I'm venting here instead of twitter or G&S, but think my initial response was off the mark. It sounds from what Matt said last night that it may have been a falling out between Orion and G&S, the consequence of which is him leaving both Crit Role and the other shows he was hosting there. I could certainly see him saying or doing inappropriate that lead to complications.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:48 pm

I got the impression it was an issue with some kind of contract conflicts. But I don't know.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Zathyr wrote:I got the impression it was an issue with some kind of contract conflicts. But I don't know.
It sounded more personal than contracts to me at least...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles

Post by Zathyr » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Haven't finished watching it, but they did a one off with some of the Critical Role folks and some guest players where they all played goblins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8MRyyFDX3c
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler