Tapatalk compatibility

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
computerslayer
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron
UStream Username: computerslayer

Tapatalk compatibility

Post by computerslayer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:32 pm

Would the power(s) that be consider making this forum compatible with mobile forum applications like Tapatalk or the like? If it's not a big burden on the forum side, I think it may be a significant help on the user side. I for one use Tapatalk daily and perhaps other users do too.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Tapatalk compatibility

Post by nikohl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:48 am

I use the forum daily from several mobile devices and would be incredibly annoyed to have to click past the full-page "hey did you know about Tapatalk?" "This forum has Tapatalk!" "Click here to get Tapatalk rather than continue with what you were already doing!" things every time I navigated to the page.

I expect I'd get over it if enough people wanted to see it implemented, but frankly I've never had a problem with the site on mobile devices.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:20 am

I agree with nikohl on this one.
Sure, if enough people want it... But myself using mobile phone most of the time (due to lack of pc currently) find the standard forum format fine.
And most mobile friendly things (like taptalk) tends to leave out to many things.

Myself I'm on an android (se z model) and prefer normal Web mode over any mobile mode/app
-Best regards LAYF

computerslayer
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by computerslayer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 am

I really dislike that notification myself. It is fairly easily diabled by admins of a forum,(https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/ho ... p-up.8032/).

In the meantime, I wonder if I'm missing a setting or something. Viewing the forum on my Android phone is extraordinarily frustrating because it is not optimized for mobile. Is there a setting I missed in the user control panel here?

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 am

Naw, it is inefficient. Everything works, but the lay-out is kinda horrible for mobile. Still, in my experience mobile adaptations are worse, because they're always incomplete. If I want to say something I really have to think about, I wait until I'm behind my pc. But this message is written on my phone. It's definitely not perfect, but the functionality is, in theory, still there.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

computerslayer
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by computerslayer » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:44 am

Guus wrote:Naw, it is inefficient. Everything works, but the lay-out is kinda horrible for mobile. Still, in my experience mobile adaptations are worse, because they're always incomplete. If I want to say something I really have to think about, I wait until I'm behind my pc. But this message is written on my phone. It's definitely not perfect, but the functionality is, in theory, still there.
It's definitely useable; I'm posting from my phone now too. If the annoying popups could be disabled, app compatibility would be a nice extra - I don't mean to present it as a must-have. Still, it'd be an option I'd use more frequently. I visit XDA daily and via Tapatalk is the simplest for reading and short replies. Like you, the longer posts are saved for when I'm in front of a PC.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:45 am

Previous tap-a-talk and similar discussions: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1227

This is not the correct forum for this anyway...

It is on thae to-do list, but Moose is rather busy and currently has barely the time to log in anyway...
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

computerslayer
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by computerslayer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:11 pm

I remember that thread from last year - I'm hoping about a year later isn't too soon to bring it up again. No expectations from the admins; I'd simply like to express a continuing interest in seeing it through when possible.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:16 pm

It's okay to bring it up again, just in the correct forum, please.
Moose is busy, Thunt is getting back so we had (and still have) less activity than 2 years ago,...

computerslayer
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by computerslayer » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Krulle wrote:It's okay to bring it up again, just in the correct forum, please.
Moose is busy, Thunt is getting back so we had (and still have) less activity than 2 years ago,...
Thanks. Re-reading the last thread, I see that I did this last time around too. I'll be more attentive to that in the future.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:55 pm

I rememberd the previous thread, but did not remember it was also in the wrong forum....
Anyway, have fun!