Cooking!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Re: Cooking!

Post by SeeAMoose » Sat May 02, 2015 6:49 pm

I was going to take all kinds of pictures... but this process was a much more time consuming one than in the oven, you have to check the bottom every 30-60 seconds to make sure it isn't burned and the whole thing takes maybe 5 minutes to cook. That's after we dialed it in of course, the first pizza was fully cooked on top and black on the bottom in all of 75 seconds because we had the stone too hot.

Anyways, pizza:

That's carmelized onions in place of the sauce, gouda and fontina for the cheese, and sage with mushrooms that were sauteed in wine for toppings. It was AWESOME!
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun May 03, 2015 3:46 am

I can confirm that pizzas cooked that way are fantastical. A small local music/crafts/fun-stuff event that I volunteered at had a pizza food stall and they handmade you a pizza while-u-wait style that cooked in three or four minutes, and it was genuinely the tastiest pizza I've ever had the pleasure of eating.

Your onion and mushroomy-wine concoction looks great, but I don't like mushrooms, so I probably wouldn't enjoy it :P

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Can't have bread. But it looks and sounds good. I love mushrooms, as long as they didn't come from a can. Nom, nom.

Canned mushrooms are like a tin full of disappointment.

Zathyr
Smiths Silly Smiles
UStream Username: Zathyr

Post by Zathyr » Sun May 03, 2015 3:08 pm

Oddly enough, I only like canned mushrooms cooked on pizza. All the extra moisture keeps them from drying out too much while they're cooking. I suppose you could get the same effect by just soaking other mushrooms for a while before cooking. Sauteed in wine sounds interesting. But just fresh mushroom on pizza winds up too dry when I've tried it, but I haven't done anything as fast as 5 minutes.

My favorite pizza topping is artichoke hearts. Moose, if you do anything with artichoke, taunt me with how it came out. ;)
Image And always make sure your dragons are happy little dragons.

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed May 13, 2015 5:08 am

I promised to post the recipe for Dutch pancakes here, so here it is! Looking at my own eating habits it's for 3-4 people, because I would eat about half of the entire result :P

Ingredients:
250g flour
2 eggs
500 ml milk
butter
A pinch of salt

You put the flour in a bowl, add the salt and eggs, then add the milk and mix it up. I usually do it in parts: add half of the milk, mix it, then add the other half, mix it again. Done!
Now put butter in a pan and let it melt. Then you add the mix in the pan, make sure it barely covers the bottom, you don't want pancakes to be too thick! As soon as the pancake is dry on top (changed color completely to a darker yellow), flip the pancake and wait for a little while until the other side is done too. The total process for one pancake takes about five minutes.

Now, that's the simple version on which you'd put syrup, brown sugar or powdered sugar. A better option if you ask me is the pancake with bacon and cheese!
Have some bacon strips or little blocks of bacon. Add them in first (and use less butter than you'd use normally!). Don't let them bake until they're crispy, instead add the mix immediately. Then, wait for the pancake to be dry on top. Turn it around and sprinkle grated cheese on the pancake. Once that has melted, the pancake is exactly perfect.

If you want to add vegetables you usually add them right after you put the mix in the pan, to prevent them from burning. Although pancakes with bacon, cheese and vegetables probably sounds weird to most of you, you should totally give it a try, they're super awesome! Oh, and they're meant for dinner, not breakfast.

And an image for Lingrem:
Last edited by Guus on Wed May 20, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu May 14, 2015 9:20 am

Definitely what I would call a crepe, not a pancake. U.S. pancakes have leavening agents like baking soda and baking powder, so they're big and fluffy.

Example that has you make sour milk (rather than buying buttermilk).

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu May 14, 2015 2:32 pm

That's what I call a good looking pancake! We call American style pancakes "scotch pancakes" cos we can, but on pancake day we have the big, fairly thin ones. They're like crepes but a bit fatter usually then filed with all kinds of tasty goodness. I do like a blueberry pancake with bacon, maple syrup and hot sauce though. No one believes me but it's amazing.