Decent website builders?

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
Synch
Game Master

Decent website builders?

Post by Synch » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Does anyone know a good free website builder that allows you to upload a decent amount of media?

I was working on Klikipedia on Wix, but I've just discovered the site address its given me is 'fullname'.wix.com/klikipedia and so I don't really want to share my full name as part of a URL. It also only allows 15mb of uploads.
I've also looked at weebly and wordpress, and although they both allow something more acceptable like klikipedia.weebly.com or klikipedia.wordpress.com, they don't really allow for customisation of appearance away from a few basic themes, which isn't suitable.

Worst case scenario I suppose I could just pay $100 a year and upgrade the site at Wix to allow better storage and site address, or build one myself in Dreamweaver and just pay for a domain and some hosting, but I'm just seeing if anyone knows of any cheap or free alternatives that allow a more public site address but also allow good customisation.
► Show Spoiler

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: Decent website builders?

Post by gamecreator » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:47 am

There is no such thing as good customization. Either you are free to do whatever you want (without any guidelines -> nothing to customize) or, like you said, you are restricted to a few basic themes.

A fellow from another forum bought VPS here. I can ask him about it in detail if you want.

PhoenixBard
Mutters to Themself

Post by PhoenixBard » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Blogspot (aka Blogger) is by far and away the best. It's free, and you can customize a bunch of features.
Signature removed by admin: violated forum advertising rules.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:04 am

Okay, seriously. Please check the date on threads before you reply and resurrect them from the depths. This is from 2014.