The Goblin Invading Party!

For anything related to the Goblin's Community beyond the forum, or for anything that does not fit elsewhere. Newcomers should introduce themselves here.
lingrem
Former Mod

The Goblin Invading Party!

Post by lingrem » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Day One:

It starts out with me waking up with a hangover as I drank too much with a friend. Hungover to the point of throwing up.

It then progressed with Theis having wifi on his plane. Askstoomuch messaged me as he was getting on the train and informed me that his phone was almost dead. He also did not know where his charger was. So... off to a great start there!!!

Theis, following suit, didn't remember what tube station to go to. He then proceeded to NOT WAIT where he was supposed to meet me, so I spent HALF AN HOUR worrying about where he got off!! Turned out, he'd gone outside and his text didn't send through to me. We went to meet up with Asks who was arriving half an hour later. He had ONE possible spot to exit, so we knew exactly where he would be. Easy, right? Until he didn't know that he had to go through customs and was somehow lost in there looking for us. Yep. Great start boys!!

We then head to the hostel, where Asks gives me a second key in case he loses his. Alrighty. We then head off to Bank Station, whereupon I go the wrong way down the street like I always do. Ended up in a wetherspoons for a snack... whereupon the following things occured:
- Asks was shy making his order.
- Asks did not like sour cream
- Asks accidentally ate a jalapeno pepper which resulted in him making the weirdest noises ever. Theis and I were laughing hilariously.
- Asks gets a random bloody nose. We then get a story told to us about how he once KNEED himself in the face in bed, gave himself a bloody nose, went to sleep with it... and woke up a while later with blood eeeeevvveeerrrywhere. He then went blind for a few minutes and for some reason found that to be awesome. Again, Theis and I were laughing so much at this point that it was starting to hurt.
- Asks, when leaving, trips over his chair.
- A few minutes after we leave, Asks realizes that he doesn't have his bag. He had to run back to get it.

We then went to Harrods, where the boys were shocked with the incredibly high prices. Good times were had as we saw some of the ugliest clothes ever! And chocolate that was over $1000. Weird! We also had a few free samples of a cookie which the boys thought they should have sold on ebay.

We then went to go for supper, at the Camel Pub. Asks did not know what to order, so he asked my advice. I told him to get the venison pie, as he did not know what venison was and had never had it. It was a good meal!
- Asks told us the lovely story about his cactus plant. He watered it diligently for two years before discovering that it was plastic.

Other tidbits:
- Asks stumbles on the escalators.
- Asks found the tube to be weird with how much it moves around and isn't smooth
- Asks dad had sent me a message asking me if he made it there fine, and then told me that he had packed the charger for Asks because Asks is not good at looking for things. Sure enough, the bag was there.
- Asks thinks that my accent sounds more British than he thought it would (?!?!?!) and that Theis sounds like a Viking.
- Asks does a very bad British accent.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Invading Party!

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Yup, Asks sounds like exactly as much of a mess as I pictured. ;) o:)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:14 pm

He made a face and went "COME ON....!!"

Theis and I laughed.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm on the plane now. Takeoff in half an hour or so. See you tomorrow morning!
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh, Asks. :lol:

I am so jealous! In a good, I-am-super-excited-for-you-guys way, though. Promise.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Oh, Lin and I also made a deal that it isn't a successful meetup unless someone cries, which ask did a little bit after the jalapeno incident which also had Lin and I almost crying because we laughed so hard xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:12 am

Two updates already:

1. Asks has a new password. I changed it. He has no excuse to forget it as it is very memorable.
2. Asks very first night in a hostel resulted in him waking up and seeing a totally naked man, who was apparently quite hairy.

I was really trying to NOT burst out laughing upon seeing him... and within a minute he'd told me that charmer, so... I failed. I have laughed. A lot. :D

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:15 am

But was the naked hairy man sexy? That's what I want to know!
I feel smart, but I'm pretty sure I'm an idiot.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:34 am

Ask didn't sound happy about it :p

Also shower naps are a thing according to him O,o
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:00 am

Agh, I can't wait til this weekend til I come down there! If you guys find yourselves bored you should totally get a train to my house. Haha!

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:23 am

LIES !!!!!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:31 am

So you ARE happy about it? Please, tell me more! :lol:
Last edited by Guus on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:40 am

Amazing Guus! xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:11 am

Day 2:

While waiting for Wears at King's Cross, Asks got up the courage to go for a walk around the station by himself. Theis and I were busy attempting to get free wifi. So off went Asks, and we decided to take a few steps further backwards so that we were blocked from his view by an advertisement. A bit later, he walked DIRECTLY past us and didn't see us... so we walked around to the other side. We're very mature. Eventually he came through another way and spotted me quite easily before we could move... so the game was over.

I would like to point out that we spent a great deal of time finding men with no hair. You'd be surprised how many there were! Eventually we found Wears - exactly where he was meant to be, so he did a much better job than Theis and Ryan :D

Off we went to Camden Market. Unfortunately I do not remember what we did there, as my brain was a bit fried from spending so much time worrying over people getting lost.

We went to the Southbank of the Thames for lunch, whereupon we were.... at a Mexican-style restaurant. Charming! It was actually quite tasty. There was an interesting conversation had about tipping, as the service charge included was 12.5% and Wears likes to tip more. Asks learned that he had given his first tip without being aware of it, and he found this fascinating! (As a sidenote, Asks has been walking around going "This is so British!!!!", and was quite thrilled to be approached by a guy who was scamming us for a bit of money - I gave him a bit mostly because I just didn't want to be harassed. Oh! And Asks keeps taking papers from anyone who hands them out - which I quickly confiscate to smack him as he keeps playing the drums with them! Funnily enough he allllways hands it directly to me....).

Took a little walk over to Big Ben to take some photos, and then we headed back to rest and wait for Gathers. She, by the way, went EXACTLY where she was meant to! But I was getting worried so sent Theis and Asks to look at other entrances... as soon as they were gone, she showed up! hahaha.

Gathers, by the way, packed more than I did. My trip is twice as long as hers, btw. hahahaha. She also decided to relatively unpack, while the boys were waiting downstairs without knowing it was going to take a while!! What troopers.

I took them to Brick Lane for curry, because it's delicious curry and something I think everyone should do when they come to London. Got paranoid waiting for Wears at the station, because I told him there was only one exit when there was two (the second of which I had NEVER NOTICED in two years of living here! No one takes it! But Wears did, haha.) Made our orders for food, which everyone at least says they liked (they may have been being nice to me, I'm not sure!). I'd asked for a glass of water, twice, and it never arrived (seriously! What is with me being denied water? First Asks didn't get the water at the wetherspoons... at the Camel pub where we went for pie... and now at Pompadoms!!)... Gathers decided to point that out to the serving staff which was super nice of her... but at the same time I was horrified because I don't speak up about things like that! hahaha.

By that point, I was exhausted, and super full, and just wanted to go to bed!

Other point though: Asks has decided that some British names are hilarious and is now documenting things. Such as wanting to take a picture of Cockfosters station, taking a photo of a pub called Dirty Dicks, and... another sign which I forget but I'm sure they'll recount for you.

Oh - and it turns out all of us brought something as a little present for at least one or so of the group. Except for Theis, who is feeling bad about it. Poor thing! No one was expecting anything, so I found that pretty funny. Except that Wears left the hat I gave him at Brick Lane! But the staff there ran down the street to give it to us, because they were awesome!

And Gathers brought me GOOSEBERRIES!!! I love gooseberries, I'm super excited!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:27 am

Well ask got a danish coin later that day so I did give something xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:53 am

True! So did I! And it has a heart on it letting me know that you and Denmark love me!!!

:) But you forgot you did that yesterday, and seemed very sad! :)

PS - I'll gladly take more of your coins :)

Guus
Floods your Ears

Post by Guus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 am

Yesss, yesss, give them all your money! :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 am

Cheers to London!
Drink a pint thinking of us!
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:40 pm

Just gonna register my opinion that I'm PSYCHED for this tomorrow :P
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Theis2 wrote:Well ask got a danish coin later that day so I did give something xD

you made me pay for it ! , twice its value haha xd
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:26 pm

Well you did get half of that when you ordered nachos the first day :lol:

Edit:
Today Wears and I learned that Ask once were going out with his friend who decided to force Ask drunk, but he decided he wouldn't do that so he went home with his bike and a friends bike, was stopped by a policeman asking about why he had two bikes. Ask decides that it's a great idea to say he wouldn't steal a bike that ugly. He smelled of alcohol so he was forced to blow in an alcometer to prove he wasn't drunk which he wasn't. He got home and discovered he locked himself out. He then decided to try break into the house by climbing over the garrage to get inside of the house area so he could enter his home. He obviously couldn't do that, so he went of and got a trash can he could climb, but even that was too large for him so he used a bike to get up on that and still failed at getting in. So he had to deliver the trash can back and get back to his friend to borrow a key. On the way there he met a homeless guy who kept telling him that he owed him money and pushed him a bit so Ask decided to punch him in anger which could have ended quite badly for Ask, but luckily the homeless person left him alone after that. Luckily he found his friends and got a key home and had time for a whole 2 hours of sleep before he had to go to school xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:18 pm

Sounds like he would have been better off getting drunk!
► Show Spoiler

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Asks, maybe you shouldn't go about unsupervised.

Also, maybe I'm glad that I'm still at my house. I'm not an adventurous eater, and so far, curry? venison? Nope. Twice. And I'm somewhat suspicious of British Mexican food recommended by a Canadian person. :lol: :paranoia:

Seriously, guys, thanks for the updates. They're fun to read, and I hope you're all having a blast. :D

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Asks sounds like Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory! Can't be left to his own devices!
► Show Spoiler

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:30 pm

RocketScientist wrote:Asks, maybe you shouldn't go about unsupervised.
About that... I think Lin wants to kill me now :S
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked