Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Home to all current Forum Games.
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm

"Well this has been fun, but the five minutes are up." Cutswims away from them and to the city.

Born, get to the castle and tell richard what has happened. Make sure that he does not go tothe castle to turn everyone against us.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:10 pm

<...Yeah, all right,> Born replies, turning around and swimming backwards for a moment to get a look behind him. He switches Caroline over to thermal vision, glances over the area around him, and resumes swimming towards the city, gaining some speed and taking less care to hide his presence now that he's put some distance between himself and Tyrone's men.

<I really don't like this, though,> he adds, keeping an eye on the ocean floor. <If I were Tyrone, and I thought someone was following me, I'd wait for a spot like this and ambush them.>

Expect rogue abilities, Caroline had said. High, singular damage output.

...Born really wishes he had heavier armor than this.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:14 pm

10:45

Everyone
The party waits a while longer, for the "5 minutes" to pass- And soon as they do, Cut raises her voice.

"Well this has been fun, but the five minutes are up."

"...I guess they have."

"Well, we kept our part of the bargain. You can be on your way."

"And... Our apologies, majesty."

Minutes ahead of them, Born had already left- He had requested Caroline to turn on thermal vision, fully expecting Tyrone to be in hiding, waiting to be in ambush... Luckily, that does not appear to be the case- The rocks behind him, nor the open sea in front of him reveals anything of interest. Caroline does, however, say that her thermal vision is quite limited- But even so, if he was hiding in the rocks, he certainly did not go out of his way to do to anything to you- The journey back to the city otherwise uneventful.

Born proceeds straight to the castle, finding the archmage and adviser in apparently heated discussion- From what you can tell, it appears as if they are not agreeing on something, though as soon as they notice Born the adviser seems to angrily whisper something to the adviser before leaving the conversation and heading for him- Born notices that Zil and Harley, both who were left there, are nowhere to be found- Nor does he immediately spot any of the other important merfolk, as the adviser addresses him.

"Good, you're back... Now, where is her majesty?"

The other goblins, at around the same time arrive at the castle gates- Though it is here that Nami temporarily halts the party- Addressing the guards posted at the "gate".

"Hey! You two- Did a certain Tyrone enter the city?"

"Tyrone?"

"...No. We didn't see him enter."

"He did leave though, a while back. Together with the Adams family and the prince. I... Guess he isn't a prince anymore?"

"Prince?"

"Yes, prince Zephyr. Though with Triton gone, I guess that title is void..."

"He came back shortly afterwards, however."

"Though to be fair for Tyrone, he could have entered the city from any point... The gate is mostly for show when you can just swim over, after all... Though we try to restrict that with the patrols-" He says, beckoning to the mounted guards constantly patrolling the walls.

"Not that anybody would have stopped him."

"...Why do you ask... Your majesty?"

"If you spot any of them, arrest them. Tyrone, this "Adams" family, or this prince. And spread the word about it."

"Wha- What the-"

"Just do it. You no doubt will hear the story soon enough..."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:30 pm

"Tyrone has threatened our lives, and now I believe he is attempting to start a coo, using the prince as leverage. He must be stopped."

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:49 pm

"Hmm. Tyrone threatened to kill us, even if he couldn't have made good on the threat, so it makes sense to arrest him, but has the prince done anything bad yet? I know he might be working with Tyrone, but until we know for sure it might be best to just have him brought to you so you can ask him about what's going on. Not burning bridges and all that."

"That said, do we have a plan beyond try and figure out what Tyrone's doing?"

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 pm

<I don't know, I doubt the prince - or, I guess he's just Nami's uncle now - is into his dad getting deposed. And I don't like that we haven't actually seen Zephyr anywhere. But... I guess you're right. It'd make Nami look worse if we arrested him based on nothing. I guess. Even though I don't like it.>

<Did I mention I don't like it?>

"She's outside, talking to the guards," Born replies, glancing at the archmage. "Why, did something happen?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:26 pm

10:50

Everyone
"Tyrone has threatened our lives, and now I believe he is attempting to start a coop, using the prince as leverage. He must be stopped."

The guards once again look at each other, more in surprise than anything else.

"...Or she can tell you the basic gist. Whatever. Let's get to the castle." Nami says, rushing forward- The goblins hearing one of the guards remarking that to be a "bit strange" with the prince coming back of his own will.

Born meanwhile, is first to reply to the adviser's inquirement-

"She's outside, talking to the guards. Why, did something happen?"

The advisor stares blankly for a bit, before following to meet Born's face- And taking just a second more, finally replies.

"Ah, are you referring to our minor squabble? It is nothing of importance- Merely a disagreement about some matters concerning Nami's speech we've been preparing."

"But even then, she is going to have more than enough work cut out for her, even assuming something doesn't go wrong, and I have no high hopes for that."

And the advisor's worry is soon made valid- As the others arrive into the castle, Cut first stating Tyrone's intent for a coup- And Studies soon adding onto it.

"Hmm. Tyrone threatened to kill us, even if he couldn't have made good on the threat, so it makes sense to arrest him, but has the prince done anything bad yet? I know he might be working with Tyrone, but until we know for sure it might be best to just have him brought to you so you can ask him about what's going on. Not burning bridges and all that."

"Tyrone? Tyrone is trying a coup?"

"Hrrmm... Tyrone ain't no strategizer. He's a soldier and a lap dog. If there's one thing I can tell you, it's that if he really is trying something, someone else is pulling his strings."

"Never thought the prince could be one to do so, though from the sound of things that might very well be..."

"That said, do we have a plan beyond try and figure out what Tyrone's doing?"

"Hmm. I fear we have little leads besides those... Obviously, an arrest on Tyrone should be executed as soon as possible."

"The prince, of course, is more... Sensitive. Regardless, a search of either party's house is currently the best I think we can do, as well as an interrogation of the prince."

"...Yeah. One moment, though."

"Look- You guys."
Nami says, turning towards the goblins.

"This mission you guys are on... It's pretty big, right? Way bigger than... This whole fucking shit mess. So... Look, if you want to leave, I'm sure that by now the librarian must have found something- You're free to check that out and then we'll help you out of here with a teleport or something."

"If not though... I guess I would appreciate your help. And I'm sure that I'll be able to repay you for that help if you'd do."

The advisor raises his finger as if to say something, but quickly lowers it again with a glare of Nami.

"Anyways... Guess i'll go check out this Tyrone's plac-"

"Absolutely not! Let others take care of that- You NEED to do this speech in a matter of hours- You need to look it over, rehears, perhaps make some adjustments- There's also some matters to be settled, including matters which would relate to the prince and the... Previous royal family"

Nami sighs, looking at the goblins to see what their decision will be.

There is still no trace of either Harley or Zil.
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal[/quote]

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:16 pm

"Do not underestimate what a speech can do. Words do indeed have power and what you say is of dire importance. I will aid you, and provide a ward so that some potential attacks will not go through. I dare not leave until this matter is settled."

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 pm

"Heh, don't worry about us. We've helped each other out so far, i wouldn't leave you to deal with this mess alone. Besides, we were planning on walking to our next destination, so even with time spent helping you out we're still going to get to our destination faster than anticipated. Also, some of our friends seem to be missing, and we can't leave until we find them anyway. So yeah, you aren't getting rid of us that easily."

Studies tries to remember whether he can send Harley back to his home even from a distance, and if he did whether he could summon Harley back at his current location.

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 am

"...Yeah, Studies is right. It's not a big deal for us to stay a little longer. And I think we could do a lot for each other, even if you just let us use your water portals once in a while, and we just let people know about Atlantis and how you're helping us. We did get that warning from Touches' talking skull about something happening today, though..."

<If I had to guess, I'd say it has to do with that vial of poison gas that King Alexander dropped. Do you still have that, Studies? We'll need to know more about it. Maybe you could take Caroline and the chaos brewer, and experiment on it while we sort out this thing with Tyrone. I could stay behind and help, if you'd like. I wanted to see about remaking the mirror amulet anyway.>

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:33 pm

10:50

Everyone
"Do not underestimate what a speech can do. Words do indeed have power and what you say is of dire importance. I will aid you, and provide a ward so that some potential attacks will not go through. I dare not leave until this matter is settled."

"Not a bad idea." The advisor replies- "But a bit early to be thinking about that- Her majesty's speech is scheduled around midday, when the sun stands so high it penetrates brightly even as deep as we are beneath the surface."

"Until that time, she'll need to prepare, mainly by reviewing this speech and making a few last decisions... Unless you think you can be of assistance with that, your help is probably best appreciated elsewhere for now."

"...And when did you become so helpful?"

"...Well, if I'm going to sit by idly this is going to be a disaster. Much as I might enjoy watching that unfold, I don't think I'd like the results of it..."

"Heh, don't worry about us. We've helped each other out so far, i wouldn't leave you to deal with this mess alone. Besides, we were planning on walking to our next destination, so even with time spent helping you out we're still going to get to our destination faster than anticipated. Also, some of our friends seem to be missing, and we can't leave until we find them anyway. So yeah, you aren't getting rid of us that easily."

"...Your friends?"

"Oh, wait, right- The black one and the cat. Where did those go? They were here earlier... I wasn't gone for that long..."

As the conversation goes on, Studies considers whether he could recall Harley- He should just be able to dismiss Harley, wherever he is- Though there would be a slight delay before he could recall him. This would be significantly less than Harley forcefully being dismissed however, and would take somewhere between ten minutes to half an hour.

"...Yeah, Studies is right. It's not a big deal for us to stay a little longer. And I think we could do a lot for each other, even if you just let us use your water portals once in a while, and we just let people know about Atlantis and how you're helping us. We did get that warning from Touches' talking skull about something happening today, though..."

"Oh... Yeah, that..."

"Hmm..."

"Well, if you'd want to make yourselves useful... You could help investigate one of the manors? Either try to find something of interest in Tyrone's house, or go and interrogate the prince? If not, I'll have to dispatch a group of guards to take care of it... So what will it be?"
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm

"I am a wordslinger, and even though I may not dorectly affect the speech, I think I can provide some useful insight into the speech and it would be an honor to aid Queen Nami in this matter."

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 pm

"Hmm. I somehow doubt Tyrone will be at his house, though there may be important info there. "

"I think i'll go see if i can find the prince to talk to, if that's alright. Do you guys think we should split up and check both, or stay together and do one at a time?"

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:25 pm

"I would rather stay here to aid in the speech, you guys can split off into two teams and get more info that way. If it is too risky then run. Also if you find anything, I will be able to tell Nami and the advisor about it."

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:19 am

"That's... actually a pretty good idea, Cut," Born says, trying his best not to think about what she's going to do with Nami's speech. "I guess I'll go check out Tyrone's house?"

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:35 am

"Sounds good. Make sure to keep an eye out for Zil everyone, i'll try dismissing Harley so i can call him here and ask him what's going on. I hope that's the right thing to do."

Studies dismisses Harley and and flies towards the royal estate.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Day 7 turn 2
11:00

Everyone
"I am a wordslinger, and even though I may not dorectly affect the speech, I think I can provide some useful insight into the speech and it would be an honor to aid Queen Nami in this matter."

The advisor seems skeptical, but doesn't seem to go against it either- As the goblins further continue discussing where to go- The eventual consensus being that Cut would stay, while Drowns and Studies check out the royal mansion and Hears and Born check out Tyrone's house- And after receiving directions to their respective destinations, both depart- After Studies had "dismissed" Harley from afar, waiting for him to be able to summoned back...

Studies and Drowns
Studies and Drowns do not need to go far, the royal mansion practically located next to the castle- And while the castle raises far higher than the mansion, the mansion is impressive on itself- Seeming to be hewn out of solid rock, over which bright coral has been grown, now hardened, seemingly creating entire parts of the mansion out of only this material- These are then once overgrown by the same plants you have seen in many other locations, growing large, glowing bulbs and lighting up the building- Though the light source that emanates from inside through several windows seems from yet an different source.

On first glance, there seems to only be a single entrance- A corrider at the front of the house, leading into it- Guarded by two merfolk, who seem to be wearing plating, though it not being the "official" guard uniform you've been seeing. One speaks up as you approach.

"Who goes there?"

Born and Hears
Born and Hears need to go slightly further- Entering a part of the city that seems to be dedicated to their militia, passing by a barracks and a few "pens" of sea creatures, most likely used as mounts- Most of the houses being hewn out of mud and clay, with the occasional stone- Such as the house of Tyrone, which as the advisor had said stands out significantly from the other buildings, being far greater in size than the other houses in the same district- While "doors" aren't exactly practical in the underwater environment, some houses still fit them, mostly to try and prevent theft- His house being one of them, the entrance being a smallish stone door.

They however, find said door unlocked, and slightly ajar.

Cut
"Before anything else, we should settle some issues... Considering the problems we seem to be having right now, the first of these is the... Old royal family- Consisting of the prince and the previous queen, Ceto..."

"Now, I've already conversed with her... She seems willing to go along with the events, though not for free of course. She has some demands, some of them rather steep... Coming down that she'd need to be considered a high noble with all that that entails, as well as a large amount of property... Which include the royal mansion, part of the treasury, a few other buildings that belong to the crown... I had assumed the prince to be on the same page as her, but... Perhaps I was wrong in that regard. We'll see what your friends find out."

"And what would you do?"

"Well, it's an expensive matter, but... The trouble that we'd stir up by declining would probably be far worse than the hit to the treasury... I'd go with it for now, and if it's necessary we can try and get some of it back at a later date."

"...You're probably right. Next point?"

The advisor and Nami both continue discussing matters that need to be addressed- Occasionally the advisor taking out the draft of the script, and making some adjustments based on what Nami says- Even though some of it he does not seem to agree with.
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

What does the speech entail? I wanna know

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:30 pm

They haven't even begun with that. They're just going down a list of stuff that needs to be "decided" first. Most of it rather mundane.

Eventually we'll get there, I guess. :roll:

Also I forgot to mention, but Touches went with Hears and Born.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:47 pm

"My name is Studies, I'm here to talk to the prince on behalf of Nami."

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:04 pm

11:00

Studies and Drowns
"My name is Studies, I'm here to talk to the prince on behalf of Nami."

There's a few moments of silence, the two guards seeming to exchange glances- Seemingly trying to somehow both simultanously convey a message to each other, while trying to have the other answer- Eventually the other guard seems to scrape his throat before replying.

"Her ma... Previous majesty Ceto has let known that she does not recognize the new authority until her demands have been met. So, hence, until the time that these have been met, in front of the public, I am afraid you will not be entering."
► Show Spoiler
Obsidian Portal

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:09 am

"sigh. Not recognizing authority and not recognizing existence are very different things. We're not here to demand her compliance, or anything else for that matter, we only wish to talk regarding the happenings around the city lately, and especially Tyrone. We don't want to make any more enemies than we already have, and besides, how does she expect to discuss her demands if she refuses to speak with us about anything?"

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm

"I guess I don't really know what I was expecting," Born admits to Hears and Touches at they stare at the slightly open door. "Weird that he left the door open, though. The guards said they weren't doing anything unusual when they left, so it didn't sound like he was in a hurry."

"...Actually, now that I think about it, why did Tyrone have so much time on his hands? First he had to find out somehow, and then he had to talk to his friends, call in favors, and get everyone to where we were. Maybe he knew about it in advance? Like maybe someone tipped him off."

"Anyway, let me go in first," Born says, as the Jabbawack blurs into a swarm of different weapons and reforms as a sleek dagger. "It seems like Tyrone's style to set traps or something, so you two should..."

He glances over his shoulder.

"You two should stay here by yourselves," he says unenthusiastically, rolling his eyes and turning his attention back to the doorway. He nudges the door open slightly, and uses his trapfinding from the doorway. Zil did this just yesterday. How hard could it be?

Actions taken:
Major: Reshaped the Jabbawack, because using a harpoon cannon for indoors close-quarters combat is preposterously stupid.
Minor: Trapfinding.

If I have a little more time since we're not in combat, I'll activate my stealth and enter the mansion, too. Otherwise, I'll do that next turn.
Last edited by Godbot on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:18 pm

"Nami, where is our escort that took us to the levithan? He disappeared on us. Almost as if...how long were we talking to the levithan? Enough time to go back to the city, or to communicate with other merfolk?"

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 pm

As Born mentions traps and stuff, Hears eyes the doorway warily, looking very unenthusiastic about going inside.
"So....do we need to come in with you, or......"
"...you two should stay here by yourselves,"
"Thought so. Let us know if you need any help."

With Born sneaking inside the building, Hears glances around to see if there's anyone about.
"Come on. We'll look suspicious if we just hang around right outside."
Gently taking Touches' hand, Hears leads her over the street and into a nearby alleyway or alcove, hopefully giving them a clear view of the house without putting them in plain sight.