Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Threads of reality - Clam wizards

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:36 am

Alright guys, this will be the main thread for TOR. Not writing anything special here yet but who knows?

Anyways you may copy your actions here if you wish to make it easier for me. :)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: Threads of reality - We will survive!

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:37 am

Aaaand reserved just in case.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 am

But why would we want to make things easier for you? You are obviously our enemy. :roll:

Studies

"Er, it doesn't look like you guys need my help anymore; I don't know any healing spells, and it doesn't seem like there's going to be a fight anymore. And I really want to read this book... So i'm just gonna stay here, alright?"

Studies eagerly starts reading the first chapter of the time travelers book he found on the shelf. If he has time afterward/during, he checks what the possible greed enchantments are again(i seem to remember an enchantment that increases speed...).

Edit: Oh, and if he could somehow get the deck of cards, that would be great(maybe bluff brought it to him before she disappeared?)
Last edited by madmartin26 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:45 am

ÔÇ£It is a shame that I have not kept any notes as to what has happened during the time period of a few days ago and now, but I do have insight as to what has happened from where everything was shredded into pieces and caused the destruction of some of our history. This is important for every goblin to know of what has occurred. The last piece of history that I have in front of me now states that we were in the city, like we were a few moments ago. Only this was days ago, when I was not allowed inside the doors of the mageÔÇÖs guild, where Bluff was here, where Destroys was not a paladin, from where Picks the Plan was still here and before Dares Devils left us.
Picks the Plan thought it would be a good idea to jump into the pit after another goblin and was put inside the arena, where he met Boom. Picks eventually got out legally after we swayed the king to help us get him out away from the captian guard also know as GidianÔÇÖs arena. We overstayed our welcome in the city, mostly due to GidianÔÇÖs work and some of your guyses, and while Studies was giving a letter to the Chief, which he could have opened it and used the heartbound telepathy to show what was inside, he got attacked by badgers, which were controlled by ravens. Fortunally he was saved by the forest guardian, whom Born had talked to earlier in our endevours. There was a man made of metal that was surrounded by many ravens and lots of smoke, which attacked us in the city. But we prevailed in defeating him and left him to the devices of the men here. At this point, Destroys Nations became Lost His Pants, a paladin.
After the man attacked we found a bag of minion grabbing and these creatures are rather unique in nature. These minions are apparently immortal and one of the firsts immortals we have defeated. These manakins are constantly hungry and starve for magic, and vanish when they go. They gain more power the more magic that is fed to them. Some of them stay shape after a while or you tell them to. Some manakins probably donÔÇÖt need magic after their final form.
Anyways, we journeyed to the lair, temple, or tomb of Narfe. This is where we have spent most of our time at. He started out alright, but he had made several errors on his behalf, the first being not telling us that there was a trap door where Born fell down, and instead of becoming completely mad, he went into a journey deep into his own mind and found his own guardian, the Chaos guardian, or Hats as Born refers to him. But we were somewhat busy with slimes to help him at that point. Picks and I eventually were able to get him out of the trap and he eventually snapped out of it and learned what his destiny was and gained powers that allowed access to the mind. And we started to see the theme in this place when we fought both Greed and Gluttony nearly at the same time. We lost some momentary value during the fight with Greed and gluttony had a manakin inside. Narfe apologized for the trap and stated that the next two rooms had none. Around this time, Lost His Pants became Almost Drowns.
Around this time, Boom got out of the jail illegally and followed an elf by the name of Kaldien who we need to meet up with later to talk about the letter, and various other things. His friend died when teleporting to the desert dwellerÔÇÖs place. Boom stayed there for a while and found Asrem, a mental guardian of sorts, and shortly after was attacked by another of those metal men. This one had an instrument. Born, got interested in what Asrem was and made a mental link with Boom, who went into BornÔÇÖs mind somewhat shortly after.
After defeating Greed and Gluttony, the powers that I had changed for the better, I can heal and do things at the same time, instead of constantly doing nothing but healing. This was a good thing I assure you. Afterwards we came across three bottles, two with deadly poison, and one with potion of potential. Without thinking about things, Dares grabbed the bottle and drank it, when I could have divined whether or not a bottle was poisonous or not. He was very lucky that it was the potion of potential and gained abilities from it. But it was another trap. Another trap that Narfe said that was not there. He should have known that place inside and out but he lied to us again and he irritated me.
Around this time, Boom has came across Kadieon, the elf from the letter and Kadieon said various things that while troubling, I can potentially put into great use. If anybody can worship a deity and gains powers this way, one can possibly pretend to worship or actually worship, multiple, perhaps even more than a deity and the quote and quote peace loving diety. Perhaps one can even go even further and worship something which is not a deity and still gain power, like oneself.
In the room where greed was there was a split, we had to go one way or another, and so we did. We ended up in the room with Envy inside it, and Envy tried to make us attack the other party. We did not however and when one of us got to the pool, Envy attacked us. We slayed Envy pretty quickly. Then one of the goblins decided to see what the light was, for it might be magic. It turns out that it was not magic but rather a giant fish that tried to eat many of us. We struggled to keep goblins alive while we pull them out, this problem was magnified by a crown that one of us was wearing. During the time of the fish, Picks tried to do something to the crown, which turned out to be Pride, who was much more tolerable than the other sins, and especially Narfe. I was annoyed at Narfe, and was tired of what he did and what he put us through and I hated him. I was irritated at what he has done, the lies that he cast at us and he locked the doors while we were healing before the battle of Pride.
I was able to fight Pride. Me. I am not a fighter, but I am very good with words. And the battle was themed as such. We decided upon a rap battle, even though Pride did not wish to do it at first. With good reason as I slayed Pride with my very own. I then decided to become the new Pride, the better Pride. It was part of my destiny to slay him and to become Pride myself. I am still on the way, but even know I feel the power it grants me. It was a shame to see a good sin go, but to become one is exciting and is the first thing that I thoroughly enjoyed since becoming an adventurer.
Anyways after defeating Pride, I pissed off Narfe enough that he decided he wanted to face us next. Deserved him right after what he had done to us. Anyways, he was being a chicken and lazy by sending out a beast with a large heart that tried, he said that he is the sin of love, but I do not believe the lies, he is the fusion of many. The heart beast attacked us and we used manakins to annoy Narfe who was playing the organ to make the beast better at combat. He took away our efforts of changing our minions into something else and made them to be fire and ice. That was pretty annoying. We were able to destroy the monster, with the finishing blow being a rather large wall of text that I summoned upon him.
One Bluff Too Many and Picks the Plan changed personalities around this time, Bluff becoming Happy to be Cursed, and Picks becoming Receives Many Beatings. After defeating Narfe, Born got up and grabbed a piece of the the sacrificial stone, and we all saw before us a vision of a group that was once similar to ours, but now we stray from, and also had voices similar to ours. They talked a bit about helping the kid, which was the mortal form of Asatun. The vision vanished shortly after all of them decided to use it. We then grabbed items from the chest and we shortly got out, for it was falling down. I messaged the chief afterwards and we started traveling back. Or would have. I put on the ring that I got in the dungeon, sensing no danger from it, only to have something called a Hitchhiker in my head. I was not pleased at the moment and me and Born had a journey back into my mind while the others travel back and spotted some ravens along the way. Dares and I argued as to who gets what and after leaving the tomb I suggested that he either leave or stay and help, he decided to stay for the time being. We have also met up with Boom at this time, who is apparently a wild card.
They got to the city while Born and I were messing around in my own mind. I wanted the elf out, but after hearing what the elf has been through Born felt sorry for it. Afterwards, I traveled to knowledge to see if he could actually do anything, and he canÔÇÖt do anything physically to me. I then traveled to Order, a headless man in a plane that is outside of my own mind, but I was still in my mind. It was confusing. He suggested that I do what the elf said about something, but I could not at the point for Born was gone. I went back to the real world and not my subconscious and said to the elf that he gives me advice and also tells me what Order says, and what is controlling me, and he does not get annoyed by me. Of course, that does not mean I would not otherwise, but so far he has not annoyed me and I am starting to like the guy. This may be a terrible thing, and one of the things I am keeping track of. Anyways while in the city we did various things, a couple people were able to buy potions of potential, one with money he did not earn by his own sake, but money that he gained from a manakin, one of our minions. The love or lust manakin got loose and he decided to grab it, and was fortunate enough that the guards did not notice and that Vires was not in the mood to just simply kill him straight away. Almost Drowns and various other goblins were just trying to make money. Almost saw Thorval and saw that his arm was getting damaged by a damaged mana core or something similar. Dares decided to try to tame a dragon. I was trying to find out what it is to be an elemental and if I was truly cursed like Mobius said, but he got it all wrong, I am not cursed, and even if it was, it does not act like one at all. Born was trying to find out what the jabbawack did and then Gideon the guard herded us to the healing place where Almost was and we saw what appears to be Ansem. And Gideon blamed us for bringing him here and was almost to the point of fighting. This is the point where we lost Dares Devils, Happy to be Cursed, and Receives Many Beatings.ÔÇØ

"Wow Cut, just make the story about you, why don't you. You left out tons of interesting stuff! First, there was when we all decided to become adventurers, ready to protect the village! Unfortunately, Chief wasn't all that happy with what we did, but he still told us about the visions our teller was having, of the end of the world and the green meteor. Born met up with a time traveling gnome somehow I'm still not really sure what that was about. Then a human showed up who wanted to learn about the heartbound connection, but it turns out his dad was in the visions the teller had seen, so we asked him to take us to his father. On the way to the human city there was the fight with the wolves, that wasn't very interesting but we found some useful items. Once we got to the city, most of us went to do work(I started delivering mail) while Cut and Dares went to go warn the human king, and to meet our human friends' father, who turned out to be a very important churchmember. He told us more about the green comet, and how it had been stopped before using a sacrifice stone, that required the souls of adventurers to power it. Once we heard that, we knew that the stone was important for us to save the world, so we decided to go find the pieces. Oh, and Born got kidnapped by rainbow robed fanatics who worshiped him but ended up accidentally killing him. He talked to death and then got better though, so that's alright. After the debacle with the jail and subsequent breakout that cut mentioned, i was on a mission delivering mail to the Chief when i got attacked by a crazy badger controlled by ravens. I survived, but then we had to fight Black Smoke, who was associated with the crows somehow. We beat him, took the manakin bag that Cut mentioned, and then decided to go to Narfe's tomb to look for a piece of the sacrifice stone. We had to fight our way through tons of sin elementals, and i found an elemental tome, that made me an awesome wind mage! it was so cool. Unfortunately, Born fell in a trap and got poisoned until he fought the poison in his own mind, creating a 5th dimensional bow out of nothing, and defeating madness, a rogue part of his personality. He also met the guardian of chaos, i think. Man, Born is so weird sometimes. After we rescued Born and kept fighting our way forward, Cut pissed off Narfe so much that he started actively trying to kill us, and we had to fight his huge L??? elemental, which hit REALLY HARD. We won anyway, and got a piece of the sacrifice stone as well as some sweet loot, half of which we don't even know what it does. We also got a clue that something important might be in the pirates cove, so we resolved to go there after we rested in the town and got our bearings. Oh, and Boom showed up. Boom had been teleported to the desert city by kaledion, where he met up with some resistance fighters against the desert king. He became friends with Ansem, who worked for the mind guardian, and Ansem helped him trek back to the tomb where we were. Along the way they got attacked by a swearing bard that looked similar to the Black Smoke we defeated earlier, and Ansem bought time for Boom to get to us. As we traveled back to town, I talked with the mannequins for awhile and learned more about their home plane, where all the magic had been sucked out by an evil guy, killing their mother in the process. There were also some weird ring/universe things that i'm still trying to figure out. We arrived in town, and everyone got ready for the trip to the pirates cove, and i learned who had destroyed the mannequins home(It was the champion of the humans arena!) and found a book from a gnome time traveler that i can't wait to read. Then Ansem showed up, possessed by the mind guardian and badly injured, and that's what we're dealing with now. That's all i can remember off the top of my head anyway, it's a good thing i'm writing this all down. If i didn't, so much adventuring would be lost!"

"Well I did say when we last left off the last notes that have been there and have not been forgotten, words that are still in their place. Those words still reside there and withold their power and I thought that I should not indudge with what is already there, but yes I suppose that is important too, but I do not think it was us that choose that route at all, but rather the guaridans that I believe reside in our heads, and they forced us to become adventurers of class which was best suited with our personalities or ideals. This is perhaps why Visions did not see us as adventurers when the vision came to her. And Order has said that he has ....influenced me in some ways, I am betting this so called choice was one of them."

Cut gives born the recharable minor holy item with heal 2 in it along with the helment. "Well it seems that I have forgotten what I was going to do, but it seems that we are no longer in a bind. You have no hold upon us, for while this...man is here for us, he is of no threat, he does not bring out his weapons, he does not look prepared for battle, and if he was I have no control over this. But I presume that you do not care. And with that lack of caring, you two can carry on with whatever you are doing. But if you atack him, it is all on you, you are to blame, not I and not those with me."

Cut leaves and buys a few things, a catalyst, spellbook of presigitation (get rapier from the now not goblin)

...what?

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

Hears says some awesomely deep stuff which touches Gideon's heart and makes him change his mind about attacking the Mind Guardian.

Since that probably won't be enough for you ( :roll: ): Hears explains that Ansem isn't actually with the desertpeople, and is actually a rebel who is fighting against the rule of the desert king. Also, the reason he is so badly hurt is that he fought one of the metal-men guys on his way to the city, so he isn't an ally of them either. Finally, he explains that they aren't actually talking to Ansem right now; Ansem himself appears to have been knocked unconscious by the trauma of losing his arm, so the Mind Guardian that lives in his head (a powerful being who's only interest seems to be in keeping Ansem alive, so threatening him might not be the best idea) took over in order to win the fight and get him to a healer.

Right, I think that's the jist of what I said.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:48 pm

Here is my post from the other thread. Drowns tries to be as friendly as a paladin can be and defuse the situation. Please don't let him speak last, like the order of posts, cause then it will only end up as a footnote.

Towards Gideon he says "Sir, please excuse the harsh words from Born.-" he points on Born "-I don't know what dispute you have with this man, but it will have to wait until he is healed. " Almost Drowns says, trying to intervene and calm Gideon down. "As a paladin I cannot idly stand by and let somebody die. You seem like a man of honor yourself, so i am sure you will understand. If he has broken the law or whatever, you still can arrest him afterwards. Now excuse us please, he came here for healing." Drowns helps Born to get the hurt person to a somewhere were he can lie down and cast his strongest healing spells on him.

"Where words are scarse, they are seldome spent in vaine."
---Shakespear
:zzz:

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 pm

Godbot wrote:"Oh gods, Ansem! Why is everyone just - get out of the way!" cries Born, pushing his way past the guards to the front of the group and turning to glare up at Gideon. "The body this Guardian is controlling is a living person, who I know, but his body's been completely destroyed. The Guardian is keeping him alive right now, but if he returns control to its owner, he'll die. But we can still save his life if we heal the body! Isn't that all you humans care about?" he demands. "Looking out for your own race? What does it even matter if he was rude to you? He's trying to save someone's life!"

"Come on, let's go inside," Born says over his shoulder to the MG, probably without listening to Gideon. "If I can use this cleric thing, I'll do what I can to help."

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:29 pm

<Ah yes before I forget and you go ahead and do it anyways, do not sell the holy symbol, do not loose it, do not damage it, try not to get your shenanigany magic on it. You can give it to other party members, but nobody else unless it is under my say so and only under that. It is still my item that I bought with my money that I earned, unlike some of these goblins, and it is still mine. Not yours. Failure to comply will lead to....unpleasant results.>

Nigh, do you know what has happened? I feel as if a huge chunk of my memory is missing...I got the basic gist of what happened, but details are being... elusive to me.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:32 pm

Studies, Cut-And-Paste, Hears Disembodied Voices, Almost Drowns and Born and Raised

"Well it seems that I have forgotten what I was going to do, but it seems that we are no longer in a bind. You have no hold upon us, for while this...man is here for us, he is of no threat, he does not bring out his weapons, he does not look prepared for battle, and if he was I have no control over this. But I presume that you do not care. And with that lack of caring, you two can carry on with whatever you are doing. But if you atack him, it is all on you, you are to blame, not I and not those with me." Cut says, passing some items to Born who rushes to the controlled Ansem.

"Oh gods, Ansem! Why is everyone just - get out of the way!"

"The body this Guardian is controlling is a living person, who I know, but his body's been completely destroyed. The Guardian is keeping him alive right now, but if he returns control to its owner, he'll die. But we can still save his life if we heal the body! Isn't that all you humans care about?"

"That's what fucking fairytales are about! Welcome to the real world mate! Where a shit is only given if they gain something from it."

"Looking out for your own race? What does it even matter if he was rude to you? He's trying to save someone's life!"

"Look at him! He isn't human! He's smiling for fucks sake! What the hell would a guardian be anyways, a demon?! That doesn't make it better, that makes it worse! And rude? I don't care about the shit he says trying to provoke me, he attacked one of my men!"

"Heh. No, not a demon. And secondly, it's useless to lie against someone who can read your mind. You just really want to smack my face in right now."

"STOP READING MY MIND!"

"Sir, please excuse the harsh words from Born. I don't know what dispute you have with this man, but it will have to wait until he is healed. "

"HEALING him?! There's no chance in hell he's allowed to get healed! He's a trespasser on our lands!"

"As a paladin I cannot idly stand by and let somebody die. You seem like a man of honor yourself, so i am sure you will understand. If he has broken the law or whatever, you still can arrest him afterwards. Now excuse us please, he came here for healing."

"...Now that is something I could agree to... Weren't it for the fucking fact it's obvious he's one of those guys that attacked my city and KILLED one of my men!"

"Oh come on, we've been over this."

"Yes, listen sir... Ansem here isn't actually with the desert people, he's one of the rebels that are trying to overthrow their king. In fact, he's hurt like this because he tried to fight one of those metal guys, so he definitely isn't on their side!"

"And is there any proof of that?"

"Well, no, except for our word but... Well, even so I don't think it's a good idea- Ansem is currently being controlled by the mind guardian, a powerful being that seems most interested in keeping him alive in the first place- So threatening him out wouldn't be wise regardless!"

"Why you little... Okay all you little shits, shut up!"

"Even me?"

"Especially you you freak! Here's the deal! I. Don't. Fucking. Care."

"Honestly, I think I explained that enough fucking times already for you to get it! Here's the facts. First! This man broke a law. No fucking excuses for it, it's a fact! Secondly! I was fucking right when I said YOU brought him here! You might be best buddies or whatever, I don't care, YOU brought him here, and THEN he attacked my men. Lastly?"

"You can tell me whatever shit you want about him not being one of the metalmen... But you have to be blind not to see some kind of relation!"

"Look. At. The. Blood."

He points at the drops of blood slowly dripping away from the edge of the cut, at the sides where the black shadow arm does not yet fully cover- The drops are not red, but black as ink. Just as Black Smoke had shown...

"Heh. For someone so blinded by anger your still quite observant."
"Yes. There is black powder running through these veins."

"But that doesn't mean I am one of them. Oh no, quite to the contrary."

"It angers me a lot they try to steal my power."

"Oh don't be fucking ridiculous. Even I know black powder comes from some kind of demon they have trapped in a magical cage down there."

"Exactly."

Gideon first looked skeptical, seemingly about to begin about how he didn't believe shit about it- But as Ansems wicked grin widened ever so slightly and he took one good look in his remaining eye, he almost dropped his sword.

"Y- You stay away from me!"

"Hehehe... I apologize! I tend to have that effect on people."

On that note Gideon grasped his sword with both hands, striking at the controlled Ansem- He simply raises his shadow arm to block it- Black dust being released as the blade strikes. The guards stood frozen around the two of them, seemingly stunned by fear. Briefly it looks like the situation would escalate rapidly- Both Borns and Drowns attempts of just getting Ansem inside to get healed proving futile as he ignores them on intent. Just before Ansem seemed to get ready for a counter, a voice suddenly interrupted the battle.

"And that will be quite enough of that for the both of you."

Gideon looked up in surprise, and recognition- "General!"

"Yes, yes... I'm back. War and all that, hmm? I wasn't hoping for a sight like this upon my arrival however."

"I'm sorry sir. But this... This demon!"

"Heh. I'll have you know that humanity... Humanity can do things that would make a demon piss his pants."

"He attacked my men! And then he refused arrest!"

"Yes, I know Gideon. I've been watching."

"So. Your name is Ansem huh?"

"Technically not. But you may call me that."

"What would your true name be then?"

"Oh, but if I were truly a demon would I give up my name so willingly? There lies power in names, do you not know?"

"Heh... But very well. You may call me..."

"Jax."

"So, Jax. I understand you have been attacking Gideon's men."

"I would hardly call it attacking! I casted just a few sleep spells. And admittedly I just cast a fear spell... But honestly, can those truly be considered attacks?"

"Yes, actually."

"However, I would rather not waste my men on actually defeating you if you were forced to put up a real fight. For now your clearly just trying to provoke us. I don't care for what reason your attempting so, really."

"Boredom mostly. I hardly get to act on my own, you know."

"Hmm. Anyways, here are the terms. You will get yourself healed. You will settle whatever business you have with these goblins. And then you will leave the city. During this time, you will not cast a single spell."

"And what if I'd refuse?"

"Well, let's see..." The rather old man said, grinning briefly. He didn't look that impressive, though something about him told him he was a man to be respected- Perhaps it was the scar that looked as if a dragon had clawed at it.

"First of, you would be shot by about ten of my crossbowman on the roofs. Then you would be shot by about double that which you can't even see. Whilst that happens Sherto would be more then pleased to bring his greatest fireball to the field. Soon after those volleys, I'd come in myself to bring in some divine justice... I'm pretty sure it would work on you... And if that still isn't enough, I'll call in Lainfiel to sweep in on her dragon."

"Ah, the old gnome approach eh?"

"Ain't no kill like overkill. Pay in mind, we are known as the greatest kingdom on this plane. And it's not because of the common guards. No offense, Gideon."

"..."

"Fine. I accept. Anyways I'll be off to get healed then!" "Jax" says as he moves inside with Born and Drowns, both intent on doing whatever they can to help him. Even if what just happened was, unsettling, to say the least.

"Hehe... Thanks for all the offers of generosity the two of you. And thanks for the heal lil pink one. But I'm afraid this will be slightly over your skill. So lady-" He says pulling out a large sack of gold. "I believe this should be more then sufficient?"

"...It should. Settle down. I'll get ready."

Cut in the meanwhile goes to buy some equipment- He finds that many catalysts are available, but he is not certain about which he'd have to go. They range from as little as ten gold to up to a hundred gold. Regardless, he buys a book of prestidigitation for now, costing him three gold.

Studies in the meantime, figuring the others wouldn't need help- Being correct in the long run... Decides to open his book and begin reading from the first chapter- "Dawn of time".
"Our story, as all stories do, begins at the dawn of time. There was nothing but two ancient powers- Powers we would call "dark" and "light" on these days. For unknown time these powers simply "existed"- There was nothing else. But one day, be it by accident or by will, they interacted. And their powers combined into new forms. As if the two powers were sentient, they began the creation of universes, and beings of power- Gods, even. So, they created the multiverse."

"It was soon found out however, a universe could not- Should not- Exist without certain rules in place. Each universe required three things:"
"It requires laws. Physical restrictions apparent on the plane."
"It requires magic. Sometimes it will not show on the world, the plane itself being almost dull. But yet it will always be there."
"And, perhaps most importantly- It requires a purpose. For what good would a plane be if it served no greater goal?"

"Sometimes, planes would be born that failed on one of these requirements. When this would happen, it was thought the fate of this world would be inevitable- The world would be doomed to die- Turning into nothing, doomed to oblivion."

"When our world was created- It lacked a purpose.

I don't have much more to add to this particular story- They are mostly correct. What they're not in? Well, it wouldn't really matter to you. Not to mention- You probably wouldn't understand.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Cut with the pooled money, buys the Supreme Ward spell, returns back, thumbing through the supreme spell book, then the presigitation one.

"Out of curiosity, and also because I have run out of better things to do asides maybe practice this new spell on the cleaning job and get some amount of profit in such a minor spell, what exactly is a demon? I have heard stories that demons have a tendency of slaughtering numerous innocent and something about sole collecting...but the descriptions they have given were different than how you appear, and I do not think you are under the effects of an illusion. Perhaps there are more different types of demons roaming around. I can honestly say that I don't care about you being a demon without it being a facade of mine. Unlike some people who hide their emotions behind blatant lies. It was a shame I was not around to watch him squirm.

You said that you wish to speak to us. I think it would be best if we are away from prying eyes and ears and get out of the town a bit before speaking about that manner. That and I am sick and tired of this place, it is dull, it has very little entertainment, the food and drink are blatantly overpriced, and staying away from Gideon would cause less suffering to our group over all."

Yea...if you can't read this much....
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Boom finally approaches the whole damn mess and looks down on the ground where all the blackness has leaked.

He pauses and goes down to the ground investigating the dark spots there. "Really, you people never think about what is going on with the basic materials of your allies and your enemies." He scrapes up some of the material before walking after the wounded Ansem.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Studies

"Wait, our realm was doomed to die? What stopped it then. Harley, do you know anything about this?"

Studies is guided by some force of intuition and/or love of adventure to read the pirate brochure, then returns to rapaciously reading the next chapter.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:00 am

Outside: "Thank you general."

Inside:"No need to thank me yet." Drowns says to Ansem and bows slightly. He orders him to lie down, before he throws some bandages over to Born, while he does the same on the other side.
"Born, stop the bleeding with the bandages, stabilze him, <name of the woman>, thanks for helping us. But please wait with casting anything on him. Our spells might hurt him if what keeps him alive is of demonic origin."
Drowns is sure the sack of gold was the final reason for her to agree, just when Drowns wanted to convince her to help for free. This makes things easier.
This said - and surprisingly without stuttering cause he was elbowdeep in work. He corrects his bones (if any were broken), so they would not be in the way for the healing spells.
Then he turns to Ansem again "I am not sure if this might hurt if you are part demon, since my healing spells are based on holy power. Don't get mad if they do." he thinks for a split second "Just to be sure: Detect Evil!".

If Ansem does not seem to be evil, Drowns will continue with "Lay on hands."
If the spell helps or at least does not hurt Ansem, Drowns will add "<name of the woman>, it seems safe to heal him. Purify."

If the woman gives him any orders after that, he will help further by obeying to them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 am

"I am pretty sure holy spells will not harm him since he is literally just paid for one. That and I think it only harms undead, and I do not think that a demon is undead, unless it was an undead demon and therefore can benifit from the healing part of divine magic, but gets harmed from infliction. I think it's some sort of universal rule to heal the living with healing spells and harm undead with healing spells. And I am pretty sure that Jax here is living, seeing that he has some sort of blood, odd as it is."

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:28 am

"Cut, this is one of the few times you sound like you got no idea what you are talking about. Just let us work please. I will explain it later if you want."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:15 am

"Oh please it is not like talking impedes your work nor the ability to cast normally. I do not think that Jax would be stupid enough to ask for something that may hurt or perhaps kill him and he seems to want to live, and if he really wanted to die or get injured there are more effective and cheaper ways to go about it. And as I stated before, he does not seem stupid. If there was something better to do I would have done so instead of just hanging around and doing nothing but talking and nothing useful at all. Besides I may have planned something for the arm. Mostly out of curiosity if I could make it work. Though it is a bit crowded in here...and filled with people "

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Born waits outside the clinic while his friends squabble inside, and probably mostly just get in the healer's way. He's a little bothered that he can't be of more help, but he's getting more and more used to the idea that he and the rest of the party are way out of their league. Practically every third person he seems to meet is omnipotent or something. Besides, the Mind Guardian - or "Jax," apparently - gave him a lot of things to think about. He could make wild assumptions all day, but considering how little Born actually knows, that always just ends up making his head hurt. He starts composing a mental list of the things "Jax" said that jumped out at him:

First of all, the Mind Guardian is apparently the source of the black powder that the desert kingdom uses, which apparently comes from a "demon." That's really confusing, considering how the Mind Guardian currently resides in the leader of the resistance, but it could explain something strange that Ansem said earlier...
"Can [Guardians] exist in real life?"
"... Sort of. Does... "Being a statue" count as existing in real life?"

Born had assumed that Ansem meant that when the Mind Guardian isn't inhabiting a mind, it takes the form of a statue or something. But a possibility he hadn't thought of was that the statue Ansem was referring to was the magic prison that the Mind Guardian had been sealed inside of. That would mean that the Mind Guardian's "true form" or something is inside of a statue in the desert kingdom (the "demon"), and an extension or fragment of it is inside Ansem. It's kind of a big assumption (Born is doing it again, he realizes) but it could explain how the desert kingdom is somehow harvesting the Mind Guardian's power, despite him not having a physical form or even being there for them to do it.

It might also mean that the black powder is made from pieces of the statue that the Mind Guardian is sealed inside of, which is a pretty scary thought. What happens when the last piece is ground up for black powder?

And speaking of which, second of all, the metalmen (Born rather likes that name) are apparently full of black powder. Woah. That's... more than a little suspicious. Whoever is making the metalmen has to have a supply of it, which means he's either in the desert kingdom or trades with them. That could narrow it down a bit, but it's also a bit like saying "Aha, now we know that Wants Us Dead has money."

Third of all, the Mind Guardian knew that the metalmen were full of black powder for some reason. It's not like the guy doesn't read minds or anything, and he could have found out about that in any number of different ways, but that's probably worth asking him about.

Well, that conversation told him something about the Mind Guardian, something about the desert kingdom, and something about the metalmen, and he's got a good question or two to ask the Mind Guardian now. That's better than most direct questions he's asked people. Born heads off to the marketplace to buy some arrows to kill some time while Ansem's body is healed. (Let's say 36 +0 arrows and six +1 arrows, since I seem to remember them being one gold for six +0 arrows.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:"Oh please it is not like talking impedes your work-"
"But it does. It distracts. Shh.."

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:40 am

"That is bullshit, it does not distract one from working upon various things, I have done so in the past and will do so in the future. Surely you could do the same. Also, I do not appreciate being shhed, :meh: and if you think that a simple shhing would keep me complacent in being silent you are compleatly and totally wrong. I have nothing better to do, if I did I would be doing so. I do not like doing nothing at all... when we could be doing something else instead of goofing around in this city, like what we are supposed to be doing." Cut sighs "Not sure if I want to do the cleaning job either. Even with my new spell...From what it sounds from other goblins, it sounded horrible."

► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:39 am

Since the situation now seemed to have been diffused, Hears decides to leave the others to it, and heads off to the market to sell some of the useless stuff they had been carrying around for no reason. Speaking of which, why had he been settling for this leather armour when there had been this perfectly good iron breastplate hanging around? Probably Voice's fault.......or Born's..........
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:49 am

"Please get the hell out here, Cut!" Drowns yells. "We neither need idle bystanders talking our ears off nor people distracting us. Unlike you listening distracts me. So PLEASE go outside before I bandage your mouth!" Drowns adds, which forces a grin on his mouth. Seems he has to laugh about the mere thought of it.:lol:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 am

"That is probably not the best of ideas, and you should not boss me around. I am the leader here not you, but since you admit to your inferiority to communicate while working I guess I will step outside and wait and do nothing. Since it seems that I cannot experiment on what I can or cannot do with wordsling here. I would not be idling about..." Cut grumbles before heading outside, hands crossed, obviously annoyed.

Edit: After waiting a bit he grabs a manakin out of the manakin bag Studies has.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Day 5 turn 21

Studies, Cut-And-Paste, Hears Disembodied Voices, Almost Drowns and Born and Raised, Will Go Boom

Drowns thanks the general as he goes inside. Gideon just throws his hands in the air and removes himself from the scene though the general sticks around for a little while longer. Boom arrives at the scene, interested by the batle- And the few drops of blood that had dripped onto the ground.

"Really, you people never think about what is going on with the basic materials of your allies and your enemies."

He scrapes up some of the blood- It is sticky, oily even. He knows enough of blood to know that it's quite thick, but something of this thickness... You'd find it hard to imagine someone could survive with it. Your eye also catches the attention on some of the "black powder" that fell on the ground as Gideon had struck his arm... He can't tell for sure if it's the same black powder he has heard about, and been given a bit off even- But it does look similar.

"You are most welcome. Now, don't mind if I just stick around a little while longer. Just to make sure our guest does not get any funny ideas."
"Ah fine! Anyways- We're going to start this or what?"
"One moment. I'm first going to put you to sleep to-"
"Leave that! I'm fine staying awake."

"Out of curiosity, and also because I have run out of better things to do asides maybe practice this new spell on the cleaning job and get some amount of profit in such a minor spell, what exactly is a demon? I have heard stories that demons have a tendency of slaughtering numerous innocent and something about sole collecting...but the descriptions they have given were different than how you appear, and I do not think you are under the effects of an illusion. Perhaps there are more different types of demons roaming around. I can honestly say that I don't care about you being a demon without it being a facade of mine. Unlike some people who hide their emotions behind blatant lies. It was a shame I was not around to watch him squirm."

"Not a demon. How many times will I have to repeat that before it stops being a question?"
"A demon is a creature born purely out of darkness. An angel is it's complete counterpart- An creature born solely from light. One is born in heaven, and the other in hell. And as balances shift, their powers shift- It's a seesaw effect. Except the seesaw just doesn't stop from going higher and higher..."

"You said that you wish to speak to us. I think it would be best if we are away from prying eyes and ears and get out of the town a bit before speaking about that manner. That and I am sick and tired of this place, it is dull, it has very little entertainment, the food and drink are blatantly overpriced, and staying away from Gideon would cause less suffering to our group over all."

"Hah! Well, Ansem needs to speak to you. I guess he'll be taking back this body once this is done..." Jax says with a small grunt. "Hey do me a favor eh... Tell your little mind mage out there that he should visit once upon a time. I've got some advice for him once he does."

Drowns turns back to Ansem, ignoring the general who has put up residence in the corner of the little store- To help treat "Jax", of course. It was hard to say whether he should call him Ansem or Jax considering the situation.
"No need to thank me yet."

"Kid, I appreciate your efforts here. No, honestly, I actually do. What, is it so weird to feel the tiniest bit of gratitude here? Anyways... Yer a damn paladin. Your job is to kill, well, guys like me!" He says, laughing briefly.
"Honestly, your healing skills are nothing compared to that of a cleric."

"Born, stop the bleeding with the bandages, stabilze him, Ellen, thanks for helping us. But please wait with casting anything on him. Our spells might hurt him if what keeps him alive is of demonic origin."

"What? We'll be having nothing of the kind. I need the wound open and clean to restore it. Also, I'm a professional healer. I know what I'm doing."

"Besides kid, I already said it- Not a demon. Or undead. Or anything else that would make me scream in agony when getting healed instead of the usual oh yeah that feels good."

"I still wish to see and make sure that the holy magic will have no ill effects."

"Whatever..."

"I am pretty sure holy spells will not harm him since he is literally just paid for one. That and I think it only harms undead, and I do not think that a demon is undead, unless it was an undead demon and therefore can benifit from the healing part of divine magic, but gets harmed from infliction. I think it's some sort of universal rule to heal the living with healing spells and harm undead with healing spells. And I am pretty sure that Jax here is living, seeing that he has some sort of blood, odd as it is."

"Cut, this is one of the few times you sound like you got no idea what you are talking about. Just let us work please. I will explain it later if you want."

"He sort of is, actually."

"Oh please it is not like talking impedes your work nor the ability to cast normally. I do not think that Jax would be stupid enough to ask for something that may hurt or perhaps kill him and he seems to want to live, and if he really wanted to die or get injured there are more effective and cheaper ways to go about it. And as I stated before, he does not seem stupid. If there was something better to do I would have done so instead of just hanging around and doing nothing but talking and nothing useful at all. Besides I may have planned something for the arm. Mostly out of curiosity if I could make it work. Though it is a bit crowded in here...and filled with people "

The general coughs briefly upon hearing the final remark.

"But it does. It distracts. Shh.."

"That is bullshit, it does not distract one from working upon various things, I have done so in the past and will do so in the future. Surely you could do the same. Also, I do not appreciate being shhed, and if you think that a simple shhing would keep me complacent in being silent you are compleatly and totally wrong. I have nothing better to do, if I did I would be doing so. I do not like doing nothing at all... when we could be doing something else instead of goofing around in this city, like what we are supposed to be doing."

"Please get the hell out here, Cut!"

Cut grumbles, leaving the place though obviously annoyed. Passing Born, who seems to be deep in thought after what he just heard, theorizing on what may or may not be. He realizes "Jax" probably realizes he's asking himself these questions. And he's enough of a jerk to not just answer them.

Drowns in the meantime casts detect evil- But he's getting... Mixed signals. It is as if at times when he looks he registers strong, almost pungent evil... And the other time it seems to be "regular good".

He hesitates for a moment before casting lay on hands- Finding nothing special happening.

"You realize you actually had already healed me, right? Anyways- You may begin now miss."

She nods- Grabbing a large heart, and throwing it in a bowl in which a small blue flame rests- Smoke begins raising up from the bowl, which she seems to channel- Her hands glowing, she begins focusing on Ansems arm. Ansem just closes his eyes and lays back...

Hears in the meanwhile, had went to the marketplace, getting rid of a whole bunch of useless stuff that had been lingering around... Earning a pretty decent sum of cash! He's not exactly sure what should be done with it- Though he might get a vague idea, after Studies realizes what exactly Kraken's cove is...

Speaking of which- Studies was about to find out, as he put the book beside him and took out the brochure he found- Figuring that at the very least he should know where it is.

"Wait, our realm was doomed to die? What stopped it then. Harley, do you know anything about this?"
"The next chapter title already gave it away master! It was called "creating a purpose", remember? I think we saw a vision of that in that dungeon?"
"Oh, well, I saw it. I think you ran straight for the treasure room?"

Studies begrudignly pets the little smartass as he opens up the brochure. It is certainly... Different from the common book. The entire left side of the single two pages is that of a pirate smiling with a huge grin holding two bags of gold. The right bottom side contains a map similar to one you have- Except that to the right bottom side, near the bay to the right of the dwarven kingdom there is a road and city not marked on your regular map. "Kraken's cove" is written above it in actually flashing letters. Small words under the picture says "It cost us 15 gold per picture to make it do that. Worth it we say!". But the real "advertisement" stands just above it...
"Ahoy ye scallywag or landlubber, whatever ye may be, if ye be readin this here brochure... Ye better stow it away again till yer in a private place since lemme tell ya- The best they can do bout us is try to hide us, and they'd not like ye readin this!"

"So ye be readin this from somewhere safe, aye? Well, then so praise yerself lucky fer having this gift fallen upon ye, fer now ye will know all 'bout the legendary Kraken's cove! A place so despised by all ye kingdoms, yet so untouchable tha all they could do was 'rase it from the maps. But dinnae ye worry- We made sure tha' include one ye'll find worthy o' it's status!"

"So Kraken's cove! Legendary house for all of the pirate gangs, where even tha most bitter of rivalries will concede and drink togetha a glass o' the best rum from tha wenchhouse- Did I mention we have tha best rum yet? Home to legendareh dread pirate Richard, our oh so noble, handsome, intelligent and totalleh not stuck up leader. Imma walk the plank fer this one, but it'll be worth it."

"But perhaps known to most fer what it does- The largest black market on the plane! Harbor to all those who 'ave nowhere left tha go. And a salesplace for all tha's not supposed to be sold- Or ye perhaps didn't acquire through completely legal means, if ye know whadim saying. So come and look! You'll find that our sales are truly a steal. Get tha joke?"

"Oh, and yeh, we do have a kraken. 'Er name is Bessie."

*We're not responsible for any injury relating to swimming with, hugging or trying to hug, peeing in the water or attempting to feed Bessie.
He wants to read a chapter of the book as well- But rudely gets interrupted by Cut storming in to collect a manikin from the bag, just after he had read the prestidigitation book.
► Show Spoiler

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Studies

"Heh, i guess i was a little distracted. So, We should probably head towards the cove, huh? They might even have a piece of the sacrifice stone! And pirates are wesome First though, it's time for something awesome."

Studies moves to the dangerous magic area, then uses his new ability, cackling rather delightedly when the path to the elemental planes opens(What, it's the end of the day anyway! :P ). After quickly getting a feel for how much this increases his powers and what he can do with them, he channels the energy of the plane of air, as well as his air affinity and an air essence, into one of the enchanting slots on his staff, trying to create an enchantment to increase the power of his air affinity and his control over the air element. IF he can enchant both stones of te staff at once, he does the same with the other stone, except using a fire essence and concentrating on power and/or type of wind attacks(Deal more damage, finally get to make air fists, etc).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Born, can you move away from the mind guardian for a few moments? I wish to ask you something.

Cut waits till born moves away from the mind guardian, and cut makes sure he is a dencent amount away from him too. At least a block or so away from the guardian. At least. He may still hear us but this is better I suppose than being directly infront of the guardian. The last time I asked you this you stated you were not ready, but perhaps now that we have prepared some you are. The elf suggested to do something and I double checked with Order, and it seems to be needed to get done, and you are the only one in the group that can possibly help in this situation. I admit that I am not exactly comfortable with this, seeing that a person who can read minds is nearby and I do not wish for him to give unwanted information to various people when we go back to my mind, but seeing that there is very little to do now, I would rather get this over with instead of waiting, because the more time wasted the more likely I will change my mind wither or not to go through with this. I will explain in detail when we get there, but do not tell anybody of what goes on there or what I have just said, I do not want anybody else to know what is going on in my mind, one person is way too much, but that cannot be helped. So are you ready?