Sup-pow sup-hero crime-fighters vs Villains! (open)M1/R5

Home to all current Forum Games.

Poll: The battle is on! (15 votes last time (so min 3/max 12 votes for effect)

The old lady and the bomb (5 found, 0 left; 2 blown, 2 disarmed)!
32%
Let the police handle him from here!
3%
Circus is coming to town!
16%
Graves and grave situations!
6%
Maximum security hamster wheel!
42%

Total votes: 31

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Sup-pow sup-hero crime-fighters vs Villains! (open)M1/R5

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:22 am

Super powered Superhero crime-fighters
vs
Villains

In the dark and silent night he creeps through the sewers of the city, slowly planting his devices at key locations.

soon.. soon he will rise to power... soon he will strike! Dr. Ratman will seek his revenge on this damned place of a city!

Who will stop him?

Okay.. simple "king of the hill'ish" game, except! more details and I'm the king of the hill... ehhh... I'm the villain you must defeat I meant!

This game does not require much to participate, mostly just humor!

First thing you must do is make a Super Powered Superhero Crime-fighter HERE (or you can just vote in each update without having a character... that is also allowed)

For each mission I'll start by announce the villain and you may chose a piece of "equipment/gadget" that your Super Powered Superhero Crime-fighter takes with him on this mission (if you have any)!
For each "round" I'll make a vote in the top (resetting between rounds) and telling what the villain is currently doing. The vote is different ways to try and foil the Villain's plan.
You must then vote on the method you(or the city) want to use to attack/foil the Villain's plan and make a post describing your method of attack, but not the result! When X number of posts have been made I'll look at the votes and see what of my "conditions" for the round has been made. some conditions will lead to the villain advancing his plan, others to him loosing ground or be defeated, BUT some will result in the death or a random hero!

If(when) the villain is defeated (or all of the heroes are dead,)He will go to jail** and a new mission will start.
**please, don't try to hard to kill him, keep to the superhero code man! you are the good guys!!! :lol:
Each player may only have one hero at a time, and may only get a new hero if the old one dies!

So... make your heroes! chose their equipment for the first mission Dr Ratman is plotting to take over the city, and it will not be long before he makes his first move!

Dr. Ratman bio:
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Super-powered superhero crime-fighters vs Villains! (op

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 am

Forgot to say... please add your hero Here So we may keep track of how many cape crusaders that die in this game :P
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am

The tv flashes as an news broadcast overwrites the heroes favorite cartoon show "Cat chases fish in diving suit"

"Breaking news, our local defense office here at HelpTheyKeepAttackingUs City today received the following message:"

"Good evening fair city! I hope you are having a good day, because it will be the last day you have to live MUhahahaha....
Hmm.. that does not work as well in text..
must remember to send in a tape next tttime. Oh, how do I correct this? ARG!!! STUPID TYPEWRITER!

@$ $Ôé¼ ,,

. .::. #" . £.. %

AAAARGH!!!
!"#"#%#¤"%VCRHG&%/BH/¤BN¤%&(JN"#QGV¤QCW%&GQ"#BVCQVfevcse

tHERE... STUPID! noooo!!!!

D... D... D... work gods damn.... Ah.. there we go...

Ehem... yes. where were I?

Oh yes! Your doom is upon you! you who shun me from your side will feel the wrath of my revenge! for I am Dr. Ratman, The greatest evil this city have ever seen!!!!

I have carefully placed five military grade marmalade based weapons and dinner technology bombs (M.G.M.B.W.A.D.T.-Bombs) under key locations in the city and there is no way you can stop them all, So if you don't wish to swim in burning hot marmalade then I suggest you transfer 10.000.003$ and 23 cents to Mr. Dillian Dink Account in the WeGetRobbet bank before midnight tomorrow!

Dr. Ratman

Ps. I am not Mr. Dillian Dink, I'm Dr. Ratman, do not go to Mrs. Dink house and ask to see her basement, I do not live there! I'm a grown man and evil sientist! I do not live in my... in Mr. Dillian Dink's Mom's basement!

Where did I place the post stamps? Ah there they are! Auch... Mom! I got a paper cut...

..No I'm not writing threatening letters to anyone again!

...Mommy just bring the iodine down here!

..Yes I need it now! It hurts mom!

...and bring a coke too!"

The normal cartoons return, sadly enough is "Cat chases fish in diving suit" already over

Will you act in time?

remember to vote on actions!

Heroes ready for action:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Sup-pow sup-hero crime-fighters vs Villains! (open)M1/R

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:44 am

IT will visit Mr. Dillians mom's house and look in the basement (In corporeal form), if IT finds him, he will hug him and form a Time Shell surrounding him with increased speed until he turns about 75-90 years old before releasing him and placing him under arrest.

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:06 pm

"Did you hear that Eek!? The city needs us!! Owsum Away!!"

Leonard Major Owsum and Eek will leap out the window (he is, as always, in costume and ready) of the two story buliding. Luckily Eek absorbs the impact from the fall. And the pair runs off to find this evil lair called "The Basement."
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:13 pm

<snort>

"Bwuh? What? Hrmph? Hey! <Yaaaaaaaaawn> Where are you guys going? Hey! Have you seen the marmalade? WE never have any marmalade when I want breakfast..."

Axel will wake up and wander off into the city looking for marmalade and a loaf of bread.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:56 pm

"Marmalade? What harm could come from that?"
Ghost will get a phone book and check there for Dillian Dink or any other Dink. Then he will retrieve suspects' addresses and check them for anything suspicious (from a distance, disguised as a passer-by).

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:58 pm

[Gah! I didn't think about having to find the house. Sorry. If finding the house is a requirement to going there let me know and I will change my answer to bomb hunting.]

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:00 pm

SGTdude wrote:[Gah! I didn't think about having to find the house. Sorry. If finding the house is a requirement to going there let me know and I will change my answer to bomb hunting.]
not required, if you do not write the part I just assume it and roll for its success based on average attempts...
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Good. It was Eek's idea to run off anyways. It worked because he is so smart!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:17 pm

(Do we all have to agree on one action and do the same thing? Cos I'm assuming that Axel was asleep and has no idea what's going on except for a vague sleep-suggestion about marmalade).

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:43 pm

I think that every body does what they want, but its like "if all vote for x and do it in this way, result will be success". So im interested to see what happens as a result of your bomb search

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:54 pm

thinkslogically wrote:(Do we all have to agree on one action and do the same thing? Cos I'm assuming that Axel was asleep and has no idea what's going on except for a vague sleep-suggestion about marmalade).
SGTdude wrote:I think that every body does what they want, but its like "if all vote for x and do it in this way, result will be success". So im interested to see what happens as a result of your bomb search
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Yeah you've got 50 mins of 'today' left for me :) I'll catch up in the morning!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:55 pm

EXTRA NEWS FLASH!

"Our city is at the brink of panic after hearing about Dr. Ratmans evil plan, just 2 minutes ago at 13:23 Monday afternoon city mayor had the following to say:

'As mayor of this city I must ask all to remain calm! we have sent four armed patrols to a suspected hide out of Dr. Ratman! A hide out I cannot confirm to be Mrs. Dink's basement at the moment!

further more we have also send men to investigate into the possibility that Dr. Ratman could have obtained M.G.M.B.W.A.D.T.-Bombs from our abandoned and fully unguarded military facility at the secret base just outside the city marked as "Nothing to see here" but we find such claims to be highly unlikely so there is no need to panic! '

There you have it people, from the mouth of the horse himself: The mayor is panicking and fleeing the city! You heard it here first in We are screwed news on canal 9"
First we go to the mysterious Ghost, who through clever means and what could be alien technology or ancient Mayan wisdom locates the place known as "The home of Mrs. Dink" and arrives just before the four armed police vans! He menages to get five minutes in the Basement before he must to flee to avoid being the next victim unlucky casualty of trigger happy Duty ready Police officers!

He manages to find a note before he leaves:
"HaHaha! Did you not think I would hear the sirens long before you got here Detective Bones? hmmm? Did you not?

Well I did! And I managed to flee through my secret tunnels that may or may not be the sewers of this city, long before you and your men could arrive!

you only got....
+24
=48
x 60 =2880

13 x 60
=780
+23
=803

so
=2077
/ 60 =34 hours and 37 minutes.

....You only got 34 hours and 37 minutes to send me the money, and don't try to play any games with me, I'm the chess king here!"
Item gained: [Press worthy information: May be sold to the press for 500$ at the cost of your ability to say you do not support the free press]

Shortly after the police we have Major Owsum, Eek and IT arriving at the scene only to find it deserted, bullet holed and half burned to the ground, 16 armed police officers stands idly by as an angry Mrs. Dinks tries to tell the firefighters that it was the police who shot up the place and set it on fire when hitting his sons collection of very non provocative adult hobby magazines with illuminating cartridges!

Axel takes another approach and goes seeking for marmalade, and somehow finds himself arriving at a top secret and fully unknown military base! without knowing exactly why he is doing it he walks sneaks in and have a look.
after 5 minutes a long search he manages to locate a vault that has been forcefully opened by what looks like a thousands small bite marks. inside he finds four crates marked as 1,2,4,5,8,9 and 10/10.
The rest of the text reads "Project marmalade, experiment 0X-12. Strawberry marmalade mixed with napalm and rat-poison! highly stable, not suited for fuck-ups or superpower inducing accidents!"

Item gained: [A clue: at any time a clue may be exchanged for an extra vote. to use the, hero must announce in a high vocal "I Have a clue!" while pointing his index finger into the air. while explaining what to do. (Only the first hero to use a clue each round gets an extra vote)]

What will our dear city have to do?

The clock is now 14:15 Monday.

Heroes ready for action:
► Show Spoiler
OOC:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

"Yes, I agree Eek. Those policemen were a little crazy." With no ability to pursue evil, Major Owsum and Eek go to the docks to look at ducks. Eek likes the white and spotted ducks. But not the mallards. He says they are "uppity".

On the way to see ducks, Eek has an idea. "What is it Eek." Major Owsum stops in the middle of the street to talk to Eek; it is noisy, but not so noisy he can not hear his best friend who he holds up to his face as they talk.
"Yes, I suppose its possible Dr. Ratman's name is not Hungarian. Why do you ask?"

"What does his name have to do with rats? His name is Dr. Rat... GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY EEK! You are a genius! He must be a doctor of Anthropromorphic-rodentology!"

"But why not? Its so much more interesting than saying 'He likes rats'."

"Fine. He likes rats." (the Major visibly frowns and makes a tiny foot stomping motion)

"Um...lets see...monkeys live in trees, sponges live at the bottom of the sea...um....the Sewers! Rats live in the sewers!"

"You are right again Eek! I bet he did go into the sewers, but we will stop him."

Major Osum will open the first manhole cover he finds and jump down inside saying "Look out Evil! We are coming for you!"

When he gets to the first rat he sees he will try to get it to lead them to Dr Ratman by pointing Eek at it and shouting "Ray of Owsum!"
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SGTdude on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:10 pm

ATTENTION NON-PLAYERS!

You DONT have to play to vote. In fact....The more people vote in this game, the more funny and epic the game will probably be. Stop in, vote. Worst case scenario you kill the whole hero team, but that would be funny anyways.

I seriously hope more forumites start regularly taking part in voting for this.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Dr Apocalypse

Does not give a rat about Dr. Rat....

"Pay the kid, then wait for him to show up at the bank and boom disintegrate him..." is his advice to the police.

Crissy Apocalypse sitting in the car next to him says something in his ear...

"I know nothing about disintegration weapons or their use in previous bank robberies..."

Dr. A drives himself and his lawyer/wife to the docks to see the ducks because...

"Hell the way this kid is acting he'll just wander down here for the hell of it..."
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:52 pm

**I must admit, I really like these small "backgrounds" You guys have started to make... Great initiative Badge, a reward to the entire super group in in the making because of you :)
(no it is not an extra update, It will be an actual in game reward)
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:23 am

Group reward:
(not an update, round 2 update is above)
In other news! Local news paper giant I. I. Ivanson promises to pay 50$ for any interviews with superheros about their past!
I. I. Ivanson promises to keep the super hero identity connected to each story a secret and make up fake hero names for his papers to insult instead of the real heroes names.
I. I. Ivanson explained it this way: 'There is nothing we are better at here at the Nightly Bugle-Planet than making up fake stories about heroes! fake names should be no problem at all, and is the least we can do in return!'

Reward unlocked: [Sell your story!: with each update/round from now on, the players may create a minimum two sentences long story in a spoiler at the end of their action post, telling some of their heroes(or Villain doing temporarily good stuff) secret past. Each such secret story will reward the hero in question 50$. Only 1 story per hero per round]

About my writing:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:40 am

Axel will loot some of the marmalade with rat poison and napalm and then ponder what the hell napalm would be doing in his marmalade. And who thought strawberry marmalade would be a good idea? And why does all his food end up with rat poison in it these days? And what is napalm anyway?

Since he's here anyway, Axel will continue searching the military base for a loaf of bread (to go with his new-found marmalade) and any information he can find about napalm and what its uses are beyond being a preserve additive.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 am

IT...slightly...irritated(is this a feeling blossoming within his chest..(does he have a chest?)) at his current conditions of being unable to find the ratman shifts into a more comfortable form for himself (incorporeal-ness). Feeling much more like himself again, IT begins to wonder why he cares about all of this, but then decides that it is more fun than doing nothing at all. IT floats/sinks down into the city streets to the sewers below and begins to traverse its paths, poking his head into the wall now and then in case an unknown passage is hidden from view.
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:29 am

Okay... I was(still am for a bit) waiting for GameCreator, but if my mind suddenly says "NOW.. GO! GO! GO!" I'll update :)
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:50 am

If it will help I can hold back on using Ray at this time.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 am

Bomb found in city mall
&
Villain spotted by Villain on parole

Earlier this day an old lady who was out to get milk by a mistake took the wrong buss and ended up in the city mall, here she by a mistake walked into the men's restroom and found a bomb on the middle of the floor.
From what could be gathered in a phone call from the lady it is believed to be one of Dr. Ratmans marmalade bombs.
The following is a recording of her call to the police station:
"911 what is your emergency"-"Who is it?"-"Mam this is detective Jenny from the police, please state your emergency"-"Is the stage out of energy?"-"Mam is there any problems?"-"Tina is that you? Tina?.. Tina If you can hear me I'm out for milk right now, but the spare plugs are in the second drawer, the stage lights are the second to the left, if you cannot do it I'll come over when I get home"-"Mam I have to hang up now"-"Who's got a tan now?"

The woman is still in the restroom, denying to get out before "Tina" gets there and explains to her why she has parked a scooter in their kitchen!

Local bomb squad do not dare to take any actions before this Tina is found and the old lady has been safely removed from the area.

Also today, Known and convicted Super villain Dr Apocalypse and his wife was on a peaceful Monday drive down to the docks to look at ducks when suddenly they spotted a rowboat slowly taking to sea, in the row boat sat a man and according to Dr Apocalypse's wife who is also his lawyer, it could be Dr. Ratman. she had the following to say:

"There is reason to believe that what my client and I saw was indeed Dr. Ratman, the gray jumpsuit and stuffed pink tail gave him several similarities with the rodent he shares parts of his name with,
Currently my client and I are discussing whether or not he is required by his current sentence to go after the assumed Dr. Ratman.
Due to the lack of evidence that this truly is Dr. Ratman in that boat and there fore a thread to the city, we have agreed to consult a judge before my client will be taking any actions. We have no further comments at this point"
Dr. Apocalypse is [Ahead in the game:If choosing to chase after the current villain, this hero has 50% chance to arrive first at the next location. Effect last only 1 round]
Bomb goes off in city sewers

Just this moment reports of a sweet strawberry caramel smell raising from the sewers has begun to come in all over downtown.

Local heroes Major Owsum and IT was investigating the scene as it happened. seeing as Major Owsum is totally insane we tried to get information from IT, but it did not feel like talking.
As he slowly removed burned strawberry caramel from his uniform and hair, Major Owsum forced our reporter to listen to what he had to say about the situation by holding the always present Eek teddy up to her face:

"Yes, Eek is right and after that we agreed that a soda would be nice, but that was when!

Yes also that Eek, I'll get to it!

Well then you talk to her if you are so much better at it than me...

... Yes, can I say something now?

You sure?

Thank you!

Now as Eek was saying the rat turned into a controlled rubber-duck, and was really fun to sail around with in the sewer waters, but just as we were about to turn around a corner IT jumped in through a wall and startled Eek so he lost control of the rubber dock! and...

But?

Yes I'm sure they already know who IT is!

Yes I am! Eek he is standing right there, that was not nice to say!

Yes you should be quiet now Eek!
Anyways, after talking to IT and agreeing to join forces we continued after the now lost rubber duck.
And that where we found it... IT and we fount it... it was found by IT and us! the Bomb!
IT seemed to be drawn to it by some strange power, he was standing and sticking his hands into it, clearly in mortal danger so Eek, quick and resourceful pushed me into safety justbefore he jumped over and in between of IT and the bomb.
And it was just in time, because as soon as Eek landed safely on the bombs weird small plates it went off, probably because of IT having his hands inside it.
Luckily Eek was able to shield both Me and IT from most of the burning marmalade!

Eek is a hero!"
Major Owsum takes 1 damage from burning marmalade.
I. I. Ivanson reveals:
the thoughts of a hero!

The hero we will call 'THAT' has told the following to the Nightly Bugle-Planet:
"It is not so much that I don't like humans but more that I did not even notes them before a rocket nearly hit my ass as I was carelessly flying around in space!"

There you have it folks! Heroes do not care for humans and uses words akin to 'Ass' in official interviews
Disclaimer: Words may have been altered so as to better portray the hero in question.
IT gains [50$: This is monay!] that then falls to the ground.
Local hero figures out stuff,
More fish are caught than usually
&
Police are at a standstill in their investigation

Using his detective like skills local Hero Axel has located information on the marmalade bombs primary ingredient, napalm and rat poison infused strawberry marmalade.
The hero was walking into our journalists office eating a marmalade sandwich and handing us papers he had found in an unknown secret military base not located just outside the city.

While we were reading the document the hero seemed to get sick and started to puke until he fell asleep on our floor. he was quickly taken to the nearest hospital.
The papers contained the following text.

"In agreement with Prof. Sweet Boom we have finally been allowed to add rat poison to our M.G.M.B.W.A.D.T. products. making the rat infestation in the weapons bunker dwindle considerably.
As to why Prof. Sweet Boom still insists that we must add strawberry marmalade to all of our explosives and incendiary devices. Without it we are sure that the napalm product would have a much higher effect."

Local fishermen reports higher than normal amounts of fish in their nets.

Police investigation is currently on hold due to frogs from the schools bio lab having escaped again!
Axel is Rewarded [Military secret 5B-011: M.G.M.B.W.A.D.T. information gives a 50% bonus to deactivate a bombs based on said technology to all including civilians]
Axel takes 1 damage from poisoning.
Axel is [Hospitalized: Cannot act this round]
Axel unlocks achievement [Darwin awards reject:Somehow you survived, but nature says it is wrong!]

The clock is now 14:50 Monday.

OOC: Votes explained fully:
► Show Spoiler

Heroes ready for action:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF