Sup-pow sup-hero crime-fighters vs Villains! (open)M1/R5

Home to all current Forum Games.

Poll: The battle is on! (15 votes last time (so min 3/max 12 votes for effect)

The old lady and the bomb (5 found, 0 left; 2 blown, 2 disarmed)!
32%
Let the police handle him from here!
3%
Circus is coming to town!
16%
Graves and grave situations!
6%
Maximum security hamster wheel!
42%

Total votes: 31

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Re: Sup-pow sup-hero crime-fighters vs Villains! (open)M1/R

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 am

How am i damaged when i am incorporeal...just wondering....thanks.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:19 am

BadgeAddict wrote:How am i damaged when i am incorporeal...just wondering....thanks.
Ar.. sorry, forgot to note that you had turned incorporeal in my notes. will fix HP.
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:21 am

Wow. You did Owsum pretty good.

Thinking about how to vote and post.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:25 am

BadgeAddict wrote:How am i damaged when i am incorporeal...just wondering....thanks.
Dark Matter. It's always Dark Matter :P

------------------------

Axel takes advantage of his hospitalisation to catch up on some sleep.
► Show Spoiler

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 am

"Well that was quite an adventure Eek. You are very brave. OOOO! Look a Dog and Pony Show! Can we go!?!??"

"What do you mean 'did I turn off the oven'? You know I can't play with fire. The oven is your job."

"Well if you forgot you will just have to deal with the consequences later. We have dogs and ponies to see."

"But Eeeeeeek....."

"EGADS! You are right," Major Owsum says as he rolls up his sleeve at the thus-far-invisible seam. "The time did get away from us. We can't miss Captain Planet!"

Owsum raises his hand in cheer as he runs off "Captaaaaaaaaaaain Plaaaaaaaaneeeet!"

"Yes you can turn off the oven when we get home!"
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SGTdude on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 am

Fixed.. also added a Nightly Nightly Bugle-Planet entry for IT.
SGTdude wrote:Wow. You did Owsum pretty good.
Thanks.
thinkslogically wrote: Axel takes advantage of his hospitalisation to catch up on some sleep.
Nothing is so bad it ain't good for nothing they say :P
-Best regards LAYF

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

Current Form: Incorporeal

IT finds that the odd fellow who also found his way to the sewers is quite odd, whatever that means. Having just witnessed an explosion, IT begins to wonder. Seeing as how he is made out of energy, perhaps energy sources can be tracked. IT looks around the device for clues and if he can find an energy marker begins to search for any similar sources of energy.
► Show Spoiler
edit: i will add my current form at the top for your reference LAYF...i mean, not that I'm upset if i die since i'll just kill everyone around me and then come back....but...yeah..
Last edited by BadgeAddict on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:49 am

Ghost continues to observe situation and checks the map to see where Dr. Ratman could possibly go in his boat.
► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 am

gamecreator wrote:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:54 am

► Show Spoiler

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am

thinkslogically wrote:
► Show Spoiler
yep :)
-Best regards LAYF

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Dr. Apocalypse is on the phone with his parole officer, "Yes...fine...I understand...but it is my day off...I'll remember that when your wife calls on Sunday about where you are..." He shuts it off.

Dr. Apocalypse looks at his wife, "I am going to have to drop you off here dear, I'm afraid that Mr. Ratman has neither graduated college, or paid Villains University for a standard evil doer diploma so he's my problem at the moment..."

He makes sure she gets a cab before returning to the grav car.

Dr. Apocalypse shocks some kids trying to steal his hubcaps, saying "I am legally obligated to tell you stay in school and off drugs, but next time the setting will be on atomize not stun." He then restarts the car and drives out towards the islands where the rowboat was last being seen. As he does so he uses his freeze beam randomly just to cause problems for those individuals day sailing today...
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Quarg on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 pm

[Oooh! Quarg? Can I know you and think you are an enemy at first? You can even be a former nemesis if you want. Let me know, but if you agree I will think you disappeared unless you want to come up with something more comical.

Also, editing my last IC to put a history in done. I felt like it was important to have an end. So now i have 15 pages of back story to come up with or I can keep journaling about what happens!]

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:40 pm

RIng...Ring...Ring...

"Hello Dave's call out janitor service how can i help you today.......................Yes i can clean that.............My normal rates are.....Oh you've hired me before...no worries I'll give you the discount price then.... So where was that again.....Ok i'll be there in 15 minutes.

Dave get in his Van and heads out to......his call out.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Hey folks...vote for search the Island, because you know you want a Villain/ Villain Faceoff

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:01 am

I've moved the OOC posts to the OOC thread: http://goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=995 and naswered the Vote question

(Only those OOC made after I made the OOC thread.)
Anyway... Update incomming
-Best regards LAYF

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Re: Super-powered superhero crime-fighters vs Villains! (op

Post by LAYF » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:33 am

INFO: you now have 2 votes!

IT
found another bomb

Quickly after making sure that everything was well above ground, Local hero IT went six feet under and below to see what he could make of the bombs remains.
this lead him on the trail to find yet another of the bombs, following said thrail he made it to a small drain that he followed back up, and the place he came to was:

The bathroom in the orphanage home for mentally challenged kids! there, among kids bathing in the sink and playing with their own feces because they were unattended, was another of the bombs!
and only 30 hours left, how will he make it in time?

Show goes bankrupt!
No bark, no Hay, no way!

There will be no more happy barks and no more hay for this city's Dog and Pony show, a record low ticket sale makes owner Mr. Hipiti Hop quit his job and sell the animals.
IT is in a dilemma, he could disarm the bomb natural using the knowledge Axel uncovered a few hours ago, but that would mean he risks getting hurt by it blowing.
On the other hand he could try using some of his powers on it.

Janitor finds secret plans!

After a job call local Janitor took the buss to the city's waterworks, here he came across notes that by all appearance seems to be plans of the Evil Dr. Ratman.

The notes, while not complete does state one thing, Dr. Ratman is not joking! He is trying to lure millions of rats to infect the city's water by invading the waterworks.
exactly how he will do it is unknown.

City mayor is so happy for the find that he has choose to reward Dave The Janitor with a free buss and train card for the rest of his life!
Dave gained [Buss and train card: a life time of rides within the city for free]

Villain finds Villain but where?

After talking to his lawyer/wife Dr. Apocalypse called his parole officer to inform him that he would have to leave city limits in pursue of Dr. Ratman!
Little did he know that that was just what the evil doer wanted, while flying over the islands off the coast Dr. Apocalypse heard noises coming from the hood of his car!
suddenly the gravitational units that kept it flying started to set out! to avoid a crash the temporarily good evil Dr. had to make an emergency landing!
When safely on the ground he started to investigate what had vent wrong, five rats jumped out of his car, they had been eating at the wiring! then from behind him a low squeaking voice was heard!

'Ah HA, so the heroes have come to.... what? You are no hero? Is that you Dr. Apocalypse? What are you doing here? and why do you have a "Registered Hero" mark on your car? are you plotting to infiltrate the good guys again? you know that never works!'

All this is happening somewhere we don't know, how will Apocalypse react? What can we do to help? Where should we send the help?

Ghost Knows where!

After hearing that Dr. Ratman had been spotted in a rowboat, Local hero ghost wasted no time finding some maps over the waters off our beautiful coast, looking into them, doing complicated calculations with his calculator and nearly bending the laws of the universe he put two and two together, this is what he said to the reporter:
'I Think I've found him'

Brilliant work Hero!

No kitchen fires today!

'Eek, what is that smell? is that gas?...

...Oh, pancakes, yummy!'
Dr. Apocalypse is [Confronting the Villain alone: the Hero must post 1 action and up to 5 conditional actions this round to explain how he will act in this confrontation]
Ghost is [Ahead in the game: If choosing to chase after the current villain, this hero has 50% chance to arrive first at the next location. Effect last only 1 round]
Ghost unlocks achievement: [Elementary dear Watson: Gained when trying to find stuff in a logical way]

I. I. Ivanson says:
The Truth You Need To Hear!

The cape-clad crusaders of this town has no respect for the common man,
I. I. Ivanson has been running his soles thin to bring you the words as true as they are. Listen to what the Quote Heroes Unquote themselves has to say:

The hero "Aksel" said to Ivanson:
"Well, the fact is, normal humans are just inappropriate and offensive, heck, I've seen aggressive bricks more sentient than you people"

The hero "Uncool" said:
"The stench of humans are Evil, the only thing they can be used for is to give me sponge baths!"

"THAT" said some of the only near good words:
"I hope I can save earth..."

But those words soon turned around:
"... By eliminating all humans!"

One who does not surprise us by his words are in fact a Villain, we will call him "Prof. End of days"
"Well, I just don't like people, that is why heroes are a good thing to me, they do more damage than I ever could!"

An anonymous civilian in the cleaning industry had this to say:
"I. I. Ivanson! I love you, you are a shining beacon of hope in this dark world!"

What do you all say to THAT! people! I say its a time we end this meanness.

*Any heroes interested in having their own story hear, can contact I. I. Ivansons secretary miss. Cash Cents at 555-222-111-928
*None of the above statements has been altered with exception to grammar and spelling
Axel, Major Owsum, IT, Dr. Apocalypse and Dave the janitor each gain [50$:This is monay!].
IT being incorporeal cannot hold onto the money! IT lost [50$:This is monay!].

The clock is now 18:00 Monday.

Heroes ready for action:
► Show Spoiler
-Best regards LAYF

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:23 pm

After a yummy diffner of pancakes, Major Owsum's heroic fuel tank has been refilled and they are ready to pursue evil.

Finding an unmarked envelope slid underneath his door, he opens it to find money. "Look Eek! They are finally paying us for being heroes! We should...."

"Yes I suppose this means you can get a raise in your allowance."

"No you can not have a $50 raise. We have to use some of this money to fight evil. I was thinking."

"Yes but sometimes I can think too. Just hear me out: Dr Ratman likes rats. Stores sell rat traps. Ergo ipso facto... We swoop in like Lemmings on these rats and catch them in traps! Lets go!"

"No not lemons, Lemmings. You know the bird of the night that goes 'whooo....whooooo'!"

"An Owl? Are you sure?"

"Well then, what kind of bird is a lemming?"

"Solitary rodents that live in cold harsh climates? Really? Huh...that kind of sounds like us on our quest to fight Evil. Wait does that mean Dr Ratman can control us too?"

"Well lets get our special Tin-foil hats just to be sure."
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by SGTdude on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Ghost follows his lead to Dr. Ratman.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Axel wakes up just in time to catch the news about the janitor.

"Hmm... All the leads we've had so far have led us into traps... Traps... TRAPS! That'll work! To catch a rat you need a really, really big trap..."

Axel heads to the nearest hardware shop to buy up their supplies of rat traps. He'll bait them with his poisoned marmalade and then head to the waterworks. At the first sign of trouble, he'll use his telekenesis on any rats that he encounters.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Having been distracted by all these people fussing over him from merely pulling a load of wet papers out of the toilet., some idiot trying to flush them away no doubt, The janitor head up up to the second job in the building in the old ceo's office where his was told the floors had hadn't been cleaned in years...after the previous ceo's murder they had just said the room was a no go area, but a new boss was in and wanted the biggest room so it had to be cleaned....now this would be a challenge worth fighting!
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:11 pm

'Ah HA, so the heroes have come to.... what? You are no hero? Is that you Dr. Apocalypse? What are you doing here? and why do you have a "Registered Hero" mark on your car? are you plotting to infiltrate the good guys again? you know that never works!'

"You call that witty banter kid? Your already a negative on the charisma score with the costume you know..." He turns and leans against the car, "Also disabling a fellow Villains car is against the rules of the Society of Evil...Which I am told you have not properly registered with...you know the penalty for not registering with the Society before attempting to extort the city don't you?"

As he talks he lowers his hand to his trusty multi beam weapon and then does a snap shot off at the junior Villian...

Then he
1) If he misses but receives no return fire...he will continue to fire his stun beam at Ratboy aka Dr. Ratman...
2) If he hits the kid with stun, well he will then keep hitting with stun as he walks up on him
3) If he misses and receives return fire...he drop behind his car and will switch his setting to 'incinerate' before engaging in a gun battle...
4) If he discovers Ratboy is trying to use a napalm marmalade bomb against him he will shoot it with the electro-stun feature which should render it inoperable...
5) If attacked by more rat minions he will begin exterminations using his glasses to assist him in targeting
► Show Spoiler

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Come on people, I need more votes so I and Ghost can take this little creep down!

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Hmmmm Maybe I should create a fake account just to vote twice for the gun battle!

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator

Post by LAYF » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:09 am

waiting for BadgeAddict
-Best regards LAYF