Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Music Game

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:23 am

Bump?
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Okay, it's been two weeks since the genre was posted, and a week since Barney was online. Maybe we should just get on with the voting?

List:
Broken Angel
Sturm Und Drang
Dracula From Houston
Gangnam Style
Pretty Fly For a White Guy
Last edited by Dlover on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm gonna Vote for The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:23 pm

Aye, I'm voting for Pretty Fly for a White Guy too. Though Sturm Und Drang was pretty close.
My game:

My characters:

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 pm

This is a different version of the Music Game than we have on my other main forum. Must check this out sometime further prior to my bedtime.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:39 pm

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:29 am

Broken Angel

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Gangnam Style.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:39 pm

And so, a week after the voting started, it is suggesting Pretty Fly For A White Guy will win. So, Sam, want to boot up the next theme?
My game:

My characters:

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Sorry, I missed this yesterday.

How about... Songs you have memorized. Any song that you know the lyrics to just from listening to it a lot.

All Star by Smash Mouth

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:43 pm

My game:

My characters:

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 pm

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:08 pm

If I like a song, I try to memorize it's lyrics on purpose, not just by listening. There is one song, which lyrics I easily memorized (just after a few times).
Nightwish - Storytime (version with video I stumbled upon)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:21 pm

There are many songs where I recall the lyrics in great detail...but I don't recall what those songs are unless prompted. So, since I was just prompted to remember that I know at least most of the words to this one, I'll pick "Holy Diver" (originally by Ronny James Dio, but I personally prefer the cover by Killswitch Engage, though not by as great of a margin as I usually prefer newer and heavier covers of the classics).
► Show Spoiler
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:52 am

Mississippi Squirrel Revival

Being from Mississippi and living close to Pascagoula, this one has been etched into my brain for decades.

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 pm

I have many songs memorized but I must say this one is one of my absolute favorites. Nightwish - Song of Myself. Of course I rarely sing it as my voice is not remotely meant for singing.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:55 pm

Ary, Gamecreator's already submitted Nightwish.
Never mind, I thought Nigthwish was the song title. but I've realised it's probably the band/artist.
My game:

My characters:

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:39 pm

You are correct, Nightwish is the name of the band.
"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." - anonymous

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 pm

How are you doing, Sam?

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Holy Diver!

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Holy Diver.
My game:

My characters:

gamecreator

Post by gamecreator » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:01 am

Mississippi Squirrel Revival

Arydra
Gives Speeches

Post by Arydra » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 pm

All Star

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:01 pm

On the assumtpion that I'm not allowed to vote for my own song, I will go with Imaginarium.
My long-neglected blog.