The Music Game

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: The Music Game

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:37 am

Right, time for voting. I'll have my own vote in a few minutes.

You Are a Pirate!
Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge
Robot Pirates by Songs To Wear Pants To
Musical Blades: Pirates... getting saved.

This one was really close, but in the end Robot Pirates won out for me.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 am

Since I can't vote for myself, I'll go with You Are A Pirate, mostly because of the awesomely R-rated animation. The tune is equal parts catchy and annoying to me, but the cartoon is just hilarious. (Is that THE Fred Perry, of Gold Digger?)
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Fred Perry seems to be a common name, so probably not, but there are a couple of Gold Digger trailers posted by him, so it's possible, if not likely.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering
UStream Username: Donnigan90

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:18 pm

I would usually go with Alestorm, but Captain Morgan's Revenge isn't my favorite of this songs, so I'll go with You Are A Pirate.
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

¡Sí! ¡He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 pm

Donnigan wrote:I would usually go with Alestorm, but Captain Morgan's Revenge isn't my favorite of this songs, so I'll go with You Are A Pirate.
Would you have gone for That Famous Old Spiced instead?
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 pm

willpell wrote:
Donnigan wrote:I would usually go with Alestorm, but Captain Morgan's Revenge isn't my favorite of this songs, so I'll go with You Are A Pirate.
Would you have gone for That Famous Old Spiced instead?
I'd more go for Heavy Metal Pirates, Pirate's Song, or maybe Quest.

That's still a good song though.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:37 pm

I'm going to leave the voting a little longer, so TTW and anybody else who wants to can vote, but don't let me go forgetting about this, 'kay?
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 pm

You Are a Pirate wins, so I'm setting forward the next theme, which is Themes.

My entry is How Soon is Now?, by Love Split Love, which is the theme of Charmed.
My game:

My characters:

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:02 pm

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Oh god, there are SO many I could choose...picking a favorite is impossible, but here's something high on the list: Pacific Rim Main Theme. (I might have rather used the theme from the Matrix, but it seems YouTube is entirely under the mistaken impression that Rob D's "Clubbed to Death" is the theme, which it is not.)
My long-neglected blog.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:02 am

Entries closed Entrants are:

Charmed's theme song, by Love Split Love
Bones Theme Song by Crystal Method
Pacific Rim Main Theme

I vote for the Pacific Rim theme.
My game:

My characters:

Donnigan
Chronically Blathering

Post by Donnigan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 am

Yeah, I'm going for Pacific Rim too.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:22 am

My vote goes to the Charmed theme.
My long-neglected blog.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Pacific Rim, by a wide margin.

(Edit: my margin comment is a statement of my subjective opinion of the relative merits of the 3 entries.)
Last edited by ThroughTheWell on Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 pm

Okay, so our next theme is Jungle Music...I wanted to go with Dinosaurs but I'm not sure if there's enough music on that topic, so broadening it out a bit. Here's my contribution.

Dr. Steel - Land of the Lost
My long-neglected blog.

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Has Dlover given the go ahead for counting the votes, i.e. closing the voting? If not, and we sometimes let voting go on a week, another vote might knock you out of winning. I don't care who wins, but I do like to see us follow the rules and conventions.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:21 pm

It would take three people voting for Charmed to beat him, and I would rather not let that happen.

Jungle, by Electric Light Orchestra.
My game:

My characters:

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:39 pm

Herman Brood & Dick Dale - Jungle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxOEt-9_Ahk

That is Dick Dale on the guitar. Dick did "Jungle Fever" in 1961, but I don't like it as much. He also did an album and a song titled "Tribal Thunder" in 1993, but I'm not certain I can find the right track (although Nitro from that album is amazing).