Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Surviving Castle Heterodyne

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:21 am

August and Charlie and Sam and Enoch and Gabe and Ziou and Ursula vs Clankipede

Enoch sprints back to the workshop to collect some gear he hopes will be useful in preventing the clankipede from causing any damage.

Sam kips over to the gate leading to the room where they'd encountered the Octo-snake, engages the mechanism to raise it, and ducks inside.

The clankipede pauses in its struggles.

"THIEF INACCESSIBLE. PUNITIVE MEASURES NOT POSSIBLE."

It heaves the gate upwards, and shimmies backwards, August and Charlie pressing to the walls to avoid being trampled. The points of the gate bars scrape over its carapace ans it lowers its front section, before it releases them to slam into their grooves in the stone below.

Gabe, Ursula and Ziou are left facing the creature with the gate bars between them.

Battlemap!

Turn Order:
Sam
Clankipede
Gabe <----
Ziou
August
Charlie
Ursula
Enoch
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:29 am

"Sam you arse!" Ziou looks at the clank. "If the thief is dead, by your hands or anybody elses would you go back to where you came?" If the clank answers yes, Ziou chases after Sam. "Stop!" He then whispers to Sam. "Okay I am going to cut the barbs out of your legs, and make your death believable. You can act dead, yes?"

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:36 am

As Sam sees the clank free itself, he screams "Oh no, it'll get charlie. Quick, someone open the gate so they can run in the other side."

When Ziou runs over to Sam and starts speaking about using a knife on him, his eyes go wide and he runs toward the clank, since he remembers how Ziou almost killed Kew while "Trying to help".

When he puts some distance between himself and Ziou, he pulls out his wire cutters and cuts the barbs off where they poke through the skin, grimacing through the pain as he does so. Once snipped, he pulled the dart out of his leg but doesn't throw it away.

If no one else does, he presses the button to open the gate.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:13 am

((Has it passed me already, or is it still going backwards?

Wonder what's gonna happen when it sees me. I don't wanna get trapped in the hallway. ))

As soon as he sees an opening August will run past the clank into the fountain room.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:19 am

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:44 am

Ursula decides talking is easier than fighting or fleeing, at least for her, and addresses the clankipede. "Guard, please appraise me of the situation, so that I can help. What has been stolen and by whom?"

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Gabe hangs back, still catching his breath. He keeps his eyes on the clank, watching its retreat. "Anyone behind the clank, I advise staying out of its way and out of its sight. It doesn't have room to turn around, so if you move down the hallway ahead of it, you should be okay until you can duck around a corner. I don't think you'll be able to get safely past it until then, so I'm leaving the gate down. I don't want it to change its mind."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:16 am

((Damn, changing it's mind was exactly my intention. :lol: ))

"Alright, I'll back up. I'll try to shake it in one of the rooms we've found."

He will then run back to the wine room and close the door, waiting for the clank to pass.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:37 am

► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 am

► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:03 am

Sam watches in horror as the large beast moves the gate up and escapes, He darts forward to the button, but stops short of pushing it, using his wire cutters to snip the head off of the barb instead. He holds onto the dart but tries to keep from touching the tassels directly.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:19 am

Gabe bides his time, keeping a watchful eye on the clankipede. (Just to clarify, the chance to throw out his back is only if he attempts a second "Feat of Strength" before not recovered from the first. He can still take normal actions, just runs a higher risk of negative consequences for acting above and beyond.)

Ziou asks a question of the clank, but it seems to pay no attention to him. His plan to cut off Sam's leg nullified, he just watches the departing clank.

August and Charlie scoot along the wall until they are past the end of the clankipede, then move as quickly as possible back towards the storeroom, making it to the T-junction of the hallways, Charlie shuffling a few paces behind August.

Ursula attempts to talk to the clank as well, but is ignored.

Enoch, departs the workshop after grabbing the remainder of the items he wanted, and makes it back a ways in the hallway to the bee and rat rooms.

Sam dashes forward, the clankipede's antennae quivering in response, but seemingly with the assessment made that its target is not accessible, makes not effort to resume pursuit. Sam carefully grabs the shaft, careful not to touch the tassel and uses his wire cutters to snip off the barbed end and extract the dart and tip from his flesh.

The clankipede continues backing up, out of sight of the sparks in the fountain room. August and Charlie, were they to look over their shoulders, would see its long body curving into the other hallway as it backs up, unti its front reaches area where the spiked net once rested. As it turns to head back to its post, it halts, antennae twitching before pointing at the pair.

"SECOND THIEF DETECTED. PUNITIVE MEASURES ACTIVATED."

The sparks in the fountain room hear the voice somewhat muffled and distorted by distance and echoing in the hallways, but its loud and clear for August and Charlie.

"Keep going, Mr. August, August. I will attempt to reason, reason with it, or at least, least give you more time."

*Edit: The clankipede did not retrieve its prybar and strange metal tube after retreating. By the time the bars dropped, they were too far into the room for it to reach them.

Battlemap!

Turn Order:
Sam
Clankipede
Gabe <----
Ziou
August
Charlie
Ursula
Enoch
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:37 am

Livid with rage that his friend charlie might get hurt, Sam mashes the button on the wall (unless it gets pushed before his turn) and picks up the prybar before chasing after the clankipede, intent on using the prybar to rip the clank apart.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:05 am

"No. It might just ignore you, or worse damage you. And im not sure we can run faster than it. I am confident we can take this thing, just stay behind me and keep stabbing it. And if it turns out to be too much we can still try to shake it."

That said, August attacks the clank once more, aiming for its antennae.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 am

"....You can try attacking the legs, but good luck withthat. That thing is a walking fortress."

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:22 am

"Uh-oh. I'm not sure what it said, but I have a feeling it's bad news." Gabe grabs the crowbar, opens the gate, picks up the tube, takes a moment to examine it, and runs through. (Or as much of that as he can do in one turn.)

ETA: Sorry. I saw Badge's post but then forgot he was going for the crowbar. (Hazard of posting when you wake up in the middle of the "night.") He can have it. Gabe's strength might help, but Sam's agility is important, too.

► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Gabe raises the gate and grabs the long tube, inspecting it briefly as he hurries down the hallway. The business end of the tube ends in a serrated blade, looking as though, if twisted while pressed up against something, it could be used to remove a circular disk. Laid flat against the sides of the tube are six short arms terminating in sharp points jutting out. It would appear that the arm are able to swing down such that the points would meet just beyond the serrated end.

Ziou comments on the futility of attacking the clank.

August refuses Charlie's offer, and turns to attack the clankipede. Charlie sighs a mechanical sigh and joins him.

August's blades clatter against the clank, but don't seem to do much. Charlie gets the tip of his spear in a gap of the upper torso.

Battlemap!

Turn Order:
Sam
Clankipede
Gabe
Ziou
August
Charlie
Ursula <----
Enoch
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 pm

"Hey, Sam, you were in the room this thing came from. Any idea what the tube might be used for?"

► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:24 am

Ursula goes back to reading her book. *Shrug*

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:40 am

As Ursula walks away Sam calls after her "No mechanical parts for you!." Then turns toward Gabe and tries to think about the device that he is holding. (All of this while madly dashing around of course.)

"It was a food storage room, large crates full of food..oh oh, and, I remember their were barrels...full of wine and maybe some fine liqueurs I think, perhaps that device creates the hole in the barrel so that a tap can be inserted." Life in the sewers hadn't taught him this, rather the years after his freedom when he went through an alcoholic stint following the death of his parents, which had been torn apart by those evil government types.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:30 am

Enoch chases after the clank, dropping the saw and pliers near the fountain. He hops on the back of the clank and smears wet clay over the vents/holes at the tips of the antennae, clogging them up.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:58 am

Ursula has had quite enough of this foolishness, and heads back towards the workshop to do some reading where it is calm.

Enoch hurries across the fountain room, dropping off some items he doesn't need, and heading down the hallway, where he sees the clankipede facing off against August and Charlie. (Enoch didn't have the movement to get all the way to the clank and attempt to enact his plan)

Sam drops the tasseled remnants of the dart, grabs the clankipede's prybar, offers his thoughts on the tube Gabe grabbed, and dashes down the left hallway, and with a scream of rage, throws his tiny body through the air, landing with a *thump* and a *clang* as he and the prybar impact the back of the clank. He tries jamming the pry bar under the overlapping segments, and while he gets the tip in, his weight is not sufficient to lever it up to where he can do much.

The four nearest clankipede arms protruding from the back take a swipe at Sam, but he manages to sidestep one, duck under another, and fend the last two off by swinging himself around the prybar such that the arms impact upon it.

"Teeeeeheee... only barely fast enough, little man!"

At the other end... the clankipede pummels August against the wall before grasping him by the right arm and left shoulder. It brings up the bulky arm and presses the tip of the contraption against August's right shoulder, right beside the tasseled dart. With a *KA-chunk*, August feels shooting pain as a nail is fired at high speed into his flesh. The clankipede's antennae wave in his direction, centering over the dart. August - 1 HP to 9/11. (Armed Combat bonus triggered, as did the glove, for a total of 7 DEF.)

"THIEF CONFIRMED. TRACER REMOVAL NOT POSSIBLE."

The clankipede attempts to lift August, but the spark manages to wriggle free of its grasp, dropping to the ground beside the weapons he'd dropped in the scuffle.

"THIEF ATTEMPTING TO EVADE CAPTURE."

"Awwwww... c'mon, get the little one!"

Battlemap!

Turn Order:
Sam
Clankipede
Gabe <----
Ziou
August
Charlie
Ursula
Enoch
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:16 am

► Show Spoiler

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:58 am

((Ouch. That's a bit more than I expected. Seems like this was a dumb idea after all. I do think Badges plan is solid, and will try to do that.))

August picks up anything he dropped, and tries to lure the clank undress the gate again, staying ready for another attack (+2 DEF)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:39 pm

(OOC: sorry had a f*ing busy time lately. As I don't expect being able to join retroactively, I will do it now)
In case Hiero did notice the fight going on, he will head there with as much charges he could gather, his prison skank ready in one hand, the other one ready to discharge capacitor loads into something that looks like a cpu or controlling unit. He might have forgotten a lot of knowledge about clanks, despite having worked with them for decades, but there are some things he didn't forget.

He also drops everything that slows him down except his armor, weapons and light tools.
:zzz: