Re: Runes of Greldathriaxx: Turn 29: Planning

Home to all current Forum Games.
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: Re: Runes of Greldathriaxx: Turn 27: Timing

Post by WearsHats » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:14 am

Okay, so mummies are climbing over the ledge to drop down on our heads, the kobolds are preparing to blast the door open, we're down a fighter, we're badly outnumbered, and the GM is openly suggesting retreat. Also, I've only got enough mana left for one healing spell.

A tactical withdrawal to the previous room does indeed seem in order. I'll do that. (SaruSama, that is what you're saying, too, right?)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:12 am

"Do we have anything to set the mummies on fire? I heard they don't like that." Fights suggests, agreeing on retreating one room. "We should fall back for now. I don't want the roof and more enemies fall on us while we are in the middle of a fight with what is behind that door."
:zzz:

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Re: Runes of Greldathriaxx: Turn 27: Timing

Post by SaruSama » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:35 am

Risks will fall back with everybody else.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:49 am

Crushes will retreat to the previous room

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 am

Alright, well - let's retreat then.

Leaps will retreat with the others, and activate his Danger Sense on the way.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 pm

TURN 28: Retreat

The goblins retreat back to the room where they found the rats and spider. Back behind them, the timer on the small rune lock is at 337. The other timer is untouched.

They hear an explosive sound; D'vixx has blasted the door to smithereens and two mummies are seen shambling forward with the kobolds right behind them; Fights slams the door and holds it shut to hold them off for a minute. I was not going to mention this "idea" in the Situation unless one of you rolled triples on a d6+d7+d8 roll earlier, but frankly you need some help.

TURN 28: The Situation
► Show Spoiler
Crushes is Magic Charged! The next three spells (not the Stick of Darts) he casts will have double effect and cost half normal.
Leaps and Knives get a Fate Point on Turn 30
Other Heroes get a Fate Point on Turn 35
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:56 am

Crushes definitely won't lure the mummies into the sewers. He will go back where the switches are located.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Knives will retreat to the rope room.

I actually recommend we retreat into the sewers, which Aegis has heavily hinted at being the right way.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:44 pm

"Let's go back to the platforms. They cannot climb up all at once and not shoot us from below. We should not set anything on fire, we might smoke poisoning. The dungeon has only a limited air supply and no good ventilation."

Fight says and climbs up to one of the platforms after he used the trigger plate as a door wedge to keep it shut. If that does not work he will say "those who can climb quickest should hold it as long as they can, then follow us." before he goes.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Alaen wrote:
I actually recommend we retreat into the sewers, which Aegis has heavily hinted at being the right way.
From what I understand Aegis hinted us that one of us will draw the mummies to the sewers and than we set them on fire.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Alaen wrote:Knives will retreat to the rope room.

There is no "right" way. I thought my warning early on (someone hearing lots of barking / a frat party almost) would have made you think twice about opening the door to D'Vixx's room, though. Don't wanna end up sandwiched if you enter another Lair...

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:14 pm

If the rest of the group agrees I will volunteer to lure them to the sewers.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Brain scrambled. Requesting autopilot. Still not sure about the Pit of Scary Things (that seemed much more intimidating than a little growling to me, and I expect we'll find monsters wherever we go), but I'll stick with the group. Probably of most use as a defensive melee fighter right now.

ETA: We have no idea how deep it is, what's down there, or how we can get back out, and we're about to set it on fire. And the plan is to have at least one of us jump in? Is that right?

ETA 2: I give Risks my orange. "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this."
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

► Show Spoiler

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:16 pm

TURN 29: Planning

Crushes returns to the Switches (Energy cost 2)
Knives and Fights retreat to the rope (Energy cost 2)
Risks prepares to jump into the Sewer (Energy cost 1)
Al gives Risks the Orange of Healing (Energy cost 1)
Teller Misses a Turn (Energy +4)
Leaps Misses a Turn (Energy +4)

TURN 29: The Situation
► Show Spoiler
Crushes is Magic Charged! The next three spells (not the Stick of Darts) he casts will have double effect and cost half normal.
Leaps and Knives get a Fate Point on Turn 30
Other Heroes get a Fate Point on Turn 35

kida
Gives Speeches

Re: Re: Runes of Greldathriaxx: Turn 29: Planning

Post by kida » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:02 pm

OK - last time we looked at switches (http://www.goblinsforum.com/viewtopic.p ... =75#p96676)
one said boiler, the other is the main valve emergency release. anyone has idea if they can help us?

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by WearsHats » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm still not clear on the plan. Drop mummies, set fire I get, but the details are very fuzzy.

OTOH, it's 6.5 hours past when I was supposed to be in bed (family function today), and I'm out of sorts. Tomorrow will almost certainly suck. So I'm putting Al on auto. You guys figure out what needs to be done. Al will follow along.

► Show Spoiler

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:48 pm

So I've rethought jumping into the sewer maybe we should just hide on the other end and wait for the mummys/kobods to get closer shooting them the whole way. Than when they get closer we try and shove them down/hope the mummys cant make the jump. Than when a few mummys are down there we can toss a torch down there and light it up. With that idea I'll stay on the edge over there and attempt to shove whoever jumps across right when they do. (Although with the mechanics someone with a better piety might be better at it.)

SaruSama
Likes to Contribute

Post by SaruSama » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Also Al you could go and get the torch ready since you're our healer and we can't risk you near the front. Unless someone has some better ideas.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:17 pm

You want a stealther to get the torch, that's either Leaps or Knives. There are six kobolds and six mummies, plus the three casters, between you and the torch.

Also, it seems only one or two people have posted actions... where is everyone?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:38 am

"Try to set them on fire, I will back you up." Fights says and levels up. If the mummies get close to the fire pit, he will knock it over so the fire falls onto the ground where they stand. If somebody else does it, he will shield the first person just in case the goblins shoot again.

@Aegis: I was gone over the weekend, like most weekends. ;)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Still waiting on some action from Leaps or Knives; this plan won't work without at least one stealther acting soonish... if I get no repsonse by tomorrow morning I'll advance the turn without 'em.

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 pm

How difficult would it be to stealth around them? Because I'm thinking it's too dangerous.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:05 am

I have no idea what we're trying to do and I'm ill, so Leaps will just do what people want him to do. I read the Stealth skill as that you were invisible if you stayed still, so I wasn't planning on trying to move past enemies that way, but whatever.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Ok, so Leaps and Al are -both- on AI... I'll have the next post up tomorrow. Yes, you stay stealthed as long you stay still, but I'm bending things in this case so as long as you move slowly and they don't turn to look at the walls you should be able to sneak by them.

Alaen: It probably IS too dangerous, but at this point they'll either chase you into the sewers (where it's honestly not as dangerous as it's been made out to believe...) or out of the dungeon and the adventure will be a loss. Maybe if you'd bum rushed into the room and nailed D'vixx first... but now that the mummies are animated...

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 am

just a question to evaluate our chances better: How many goblins/mummies and so on did we kill, and how many are left? I am unsure about it.