Out-of-Forum Games Meeting Point

Home to all current Forum Games.
vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Re: Out-of-Forum Games Meeting Point

Post by vidius » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:36 am

M0rtimer wrote:So do I, though I suck. :P
Haha, I'm not very good. But I play jungle and support. Vid20, look me up ;)
"Winter is coming"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

I got Lol and Dota 2 as well, altough I rarely play them (and when I do play lol it is with my friends that's level 30 so I'm more or less used to high level players but I don't have all the advantages that they have)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 am

I quite like the idea of getting into a LoL/DotA style game. I watch TotalBiscuit's DotA 2 videos on youtube, and it all looks very interesting.

Mouse control might make things tricky, but I'm sure I could manage :P

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 am

I enjoy LoL, enough to own almost every champion, but I lag... A LOT. It's annoying to say the least.

As for timewise for Minecraft, I'm on EST (I live in North Carolina, USA) but I work night shift so I'd be up when you guys get on probably. Anyone have a Minecraft server?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:50 am

Nah, but I remember previous time we just went on a creative build server and it was great fun. We also went on some survival games server and stuff like that.

If my friend would get his server online we could get on that but nooooooo. :roll:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:33 am

Dusk9 wrote:I quite like the idea of getting into a LoL/DotA style game. I watch TotalBiscuit's DotA 2 videos on youtube, and it all looks very interesting.

Mouse control might make things tricky, but I'm sure I could manage :P
mid-air 3d mouse
http://reviews.productwiki.com/usb-fing ... ter-mouse/
:zzz:

Loki
Of Few Words

Post by Loki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am

If anyone is interested in playing LoL, look me up, FNGus.
ÔÇ£Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos, IÔÇÖm an agent of chaos , and you know the thing about chaos? ItÔÇÖs fair."

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Dusk9 wrote:Can anyone think of a way for people like me (who don't have Minecraft) to watch what they're doing? Last time I had to settle for just listening to their voices as they were horribly murdered by skeletons, which was only partly funny.
If a good map is generated and I join, I can livestream and we can skype or something. Granted, I'm picky about my maps and I don't like using creative mode at ALL (or even admins using their powers to "cheat"...

I can get you a giftcode if you want, Dusk... when I get paid next for doin' readings for a month I can look into it if you want.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:13 pm

Nah, as I said above, my main problem is controls. I can pay the money fine.

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Post by Lunix » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Dusk9 wrote:It's a laptop. You think I'm capable of using a mouse [...] on the arm of a sofa?
I did exactly that for years before buying my desktop. :P
... Of course, that particular sofa has cushy, foot-wide faux-leather arms, which makes doing so almost trivially easy. As for using laptops while lying in bed, aluminum cookie sheets are awesome. They also double as a convenient heatsink if you have overheating problems.

As for multiplayer games, I've mostly been rotating between Borderlands 2, Dota 2, and Dungeon Defenders. For Dota 2 in particular, I have two spare beta passes for anyone interested (and my brother supposedly has another 23 passes on top of that ... somehow). Steam name is Lunix Vandal. :)
Last edited by Lunix on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avvy by GitP's Serpentine.

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:33 pm

I'd be interested in one of those DOTA 2 passes. I'm a hardcore LoL player but I got started on DotA back in the day, I'd be interested to try DOTA 2 out.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:22 am

Oh, could I have the other DotA2 pass? Not sure how it really works, but I sent you a friend invite - that's necessary, right?

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:09 am

I have about... A million of those passes.

Theyre breeding in there...

Lunix
Mutters to Themself

Post by Lunix » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 am

Dusk9 wrote:Oh, could I have the other DotA2 pass? Not sure how it really works, but I sent you a friend invite - that's necessary, right?
Friend invite isn't necessary, per se -- Steam allows gifting games directly to unfriended email addresses, in case the recipient doesn't have Steam yet -- but it helps the gift-giver and gift-receiver play the game together (since each can/will see when the other is online/playing). :)

In other news, that's both of my on-hand DotA 2 passes sent out.
Avvy by GitP's Serpentine.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 pm

I keep hearing a lot about Dota 2 but have no idea what it is. Seems an awful lot of hype over it though.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 pm

Defence of the Ancients 2.

It's the sequel to the original DotA, which, from what I understand, started off as mod for Warcraft III. Here's the wiki page for it. Since then, it sort of blew up, and now a bunch of other MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games like League of Legends and the sequel DotA2 have popped up too. That's basically the extent of my knowledge though - you should probably do your own research on it if you want to know more.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 pm

So it's based off of something pre-WoW, kind of... hmmm. I'll pass on that then, I played WoW for a couple years and don't miss it one bit. (came in at beginning of Wrath, left midway through Cata)

vidius
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by vidius » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:13 am

Aegis J Hyena wrote:So it's based off of something pre-WoW, kind of... hmmm. I'll pass on that then, I played WoW for a couple years and don't miss it one bit. (came in at beginning of Wrath, left midway through Cata)
but it's not like WoW. it's not a grind fest. You can play for an hour and be content. Every time you log in, you know what you can expect to get - a battle or two, with your team against the enemy team. - I think it's the reliability of it that makes these sort of games so addictive.
"Winter is coming"

LooksAndSmiles
Game Master

Post by LooksAndSmiles » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am

MOBA games are basically first-person-shooters for Fantasy/Sci-Fi nerds. ;) If you like going on a map capturing waypoints/destroying defenses and killing off the adversaries, you surely will like most of these games.

That being said, shall I add LoL/DotA2 for the OP?
Inventing forum games since '10 ...
Skill Table Cheat Sheet for my players in the Minesweepers game.
Random dragons I help growing up:ImageImageImageImage And my own dragons are here. The hatched ones like the clicks! :D

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 am

For those interested in reading and sometimes having a voice in Minecraft LPs, I've started one on the GitP forums.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274155
Check it out if you have a username on there and become one of the new Steve?'s inner voices!

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:49 am

CroverusRaven wrote:For those interested in reading and sometimes having a voice in Minecraft LPs, I've started one on the GitP forums.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274155
Check it out if you have a username on there and become one of the new Steve?'s inner voices!
Oh lord, I should start one of my Civilization threads over there...

No I shouldn't. I don't even have a username there and I can barely keep up with just the one here sometimes... although my inner voice is going "troll for more voters from there" at least.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 am

Well, I'm planning to do a minecraft event then. I'll put a definite time/date on it later, but as I said I was thinking friday starting like 7GMT. Does that sound good to you guys? Who would come/wouldn't come? :P

Also my friend got his survival server back online, so if we wanted to do any "straight up" surviving we could go on there. The fact I have my own house already built with a shitton of loot is irrelevant. :P

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:11 am

At the moment I think friday sounds good to me.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 am

M0rtimer wrote:Well, I'm planning to do a minecraft event then. I'll put a definite time/date on it later, but as I said I was thinking friday starting like 7GMT. Does that sound good to you guys? Who would come/wouldn't come? :P

Also my friend got his survival server back online, so if we wanted to do any "straight up" surviving we could go on there. The fact I have my own house already built with a shitton of loot is irrelevant. :P
I might be up for it, but I'm picky picky picky about worlds and if we're in Creative it messes with my head something fierce. I prefer Survival by far. I'd come if someone reminded me and I saw the PM in time or someone hit me on AIM / Steam.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 am

I play minecraft and Terraria.....and planning on starbound, whenever it gets released.