Civilization IV: Officially Over (see latest post)

Home to all current Forum Games.
Alaen
Converses Frequently

Re: Civilization IV (990.03)

Post by Alaen » Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

A) 1 (Kelten)
B) 9 (Feytala, Cheese Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib, Nolandking, Alaen)
C) 11 (Feytala, Burns, Cheese, Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib,Kelten, Nolandking, Alaen)
D) 3 (Burns, D34dlock, Kelten)
E)
F) 6 (Burns, Cheese, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, Jibjib, Nolandking)
G) 3 (Feytala, Davecom3, Alaen)

SA: Lurks will downscale the crossbows even more, in two more stages:
Normal sized (weaker than our current ones but don't slow down)
small "hand" crossbow (even weaker but easily reloaded and concealed)

Athedia
Of Few Words
UStream Username: Athedia

Post by Athedia » Thu May 16, 2013 11:34 am

A) 1 (Kelten)
B) 10 (Athedia, Feytala, Cheese Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib, Nolandking, Alaen)
C) 12 (Athedia, Feytala, Burns, Cheese, Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib,Kelten, Nolandking, Alaen)
E)
F) 6 (Burns, Cheese, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, Jibjib, Nolandking)
G) 4 (Athedia, Feytala, Davecom3, Alaen)

I am not sure what it would cost but Looks will continue her studies with the plants and attempt to make the instant kill potion.
Thank you anonymous friend from college who made the cute ninja. I insist on using it as my avatar until you join the forums since you love the comic. Take that.

Okay, she joined but I am not taking this down. Come on, look at the cute.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

A) 1 (Kelten)
B) 11 (Athedia, Feytala, Cheese Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib, Nolandking, Alaen, kida)
C) 13 (Athedia, Feytala, Burns, Cheese, Davecom3, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, D34dlock, Jibjib,Kelten, Nolandking, Alaen, kida)
E)
F) 7 (Burns, Cheese, BadgeAddict, madmartin26, Jibjib, Nolandking, kida)
G) 4 (Athedia, Feytala, Davecom3, Alaen)

SA: Dies by fire will take a group of goblins and map the water wells near the oasis heart. They will disguise them in such a way that no one without the map can find them.
This will compel approaching armies to have a water supply line and practicably make long siege impossible.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri May 17, 2013 5:51 am

Walks On Wind will return home to Oasis Hearth and help defend against the naga/yuan-ti.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 17, 2013 12:33 pm

Post in progress, about 60% done. It'll go up much later tonight, as I've got to do it in a few pieces. (Left to do are the Gluuma, dragon/Stops/Swift encounter and the nine levels of the arenas for Beats Rocks, since he's pushed into all nine of them within one month... one failure in nine increasing-difficulty rolls and he dies if he fails a save).
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:one failure in nine increasing-difficulty rolls and he dies if he fails a save).
Damn...you are hard on him

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 17, 2013 1:43 pm

kida wrote:
Aegis J Hyena wrote:one failure in nine increasing-difficulty rolls and he dies if he fails a save).
Nah, I'm pretty sure I led up to this pretty well, especially since I gave him the option to back out earlier. That was the "warning" things might get tough (especially since the difficulty of these arenas scales from 25+ to 90+). The DC's 13 + arena level though, so if he fails early he -should- be able to make it (I've already made the rolls, so I know his fate already, whether he's the first to defeat all nine, or if he falls in battle beforehand).

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 pm

Aegis J Hyena wrote:
kida wrote:
Nah, I'm pretty sure I led up to this pretty well, especially since I gave him the option to back out earlier. That was the "warning" things might get tough (especially since the difficulty of these arenas scales from 25+ to 90+). The DC's 13 + arena level though, so if he fails early he -should- be able to make it (I've already made the rolls, so I know his fate already, whether he's the first to defeat all nine, or if he falls in battle beforehand).
;)
Considering lady luck is not his best friend...

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I may have commented poorly on her weight one time.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Eh, she's such a fickle lady.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri May 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Next post Sunday, which will be a calm-before-the-storm thing, in which a bunch of shit gets identified and I apply all the experience from all the dungeon runs.

The Time Period: 990.04
Incoming Situations: Feathers Foothold Aspect Bonus (991.02), Desert Prey Cats migrate back to the area (991.06, 993.09), Talks in Rhyme is visited by "Other Things" (992.12), Heir comes of Age, Goblins return from the Sand Dragon's Breadth (990.08), Smells Fishy has his sight restored, Yuan-Ti "guests" arrive (990.09), Shadow Cactus Cloth Enchanted, Norf Scout Team Arrives (990.11)

Statues and The Dead
► Show Spoiler
Cast of Passive Characters (Players):
► Show Spoiler
Cast of Characters (Players):
► Show Spoiler
Cast of Characters (Living NPCs):
► Show Spoiler
Known Knowledge:
► Show Spoiler
Societals:
► Show Spoiler
Random.org Rolls made:
► Show Spoiler
Towns and Villages
► Show Spoiler
The Poorly Locked Chest, Oasis Hearth:
► Show Spoiler
The Poorly Locked Chest, Feathers Foothold:
► Show Spoiler
Carried within the chest of Swift of Foot: Four Teleport Beacons, Strongbox of ?Enchanted Gold Ingots, ?Royal-Looking Coral Rod, ?Snarling Wolf Potion, ?Cup of Magic Mouths
Treasures Found in the Sand Dragon's Breadth: Strange Pink Stone Globe, 12 bolts of Dwarven Stonecloth, ?Opal Dagger, ?Obsidian Primal Bone, one waterskin of Corrupted Elemental Water, four diamonds, four emeralds, a ?Strange Ring of Hardened Granite, a ?White and Brown Robe, six ?Potions labeled "Blackflea Juice", ?Small Occult Book, thirteen very large human skulls, a ?Willow Wand, nineteen very small blue steel rings interlocked as a necklace, one pair of tan leather breeches and thirty demon hides (demon cow leather from the lower planes), Overflowing Adventuring Pack, locked Wrought Iron Safe

In Storage in the Temple:
► Show Spoiler
The Aspects and Experience:
► Show Spoiler
Current Questplots: 0/3
Dungeons Yet to be Awarded EXP: The Obsidian Pig, the Valley of Strong Strength, The Cadaverine Vein, The Black Ruby, The Draconic Temple, The Sand Dragon's Breadth
(I'll award everything next month, when it's calmer)

The Situation:

We begin at home, where the items found within the Obsidian Pig are identified. The diamond marble globes and the gemstones go into the poorly locked chest, while the "Golden Vinyl" goes into the enchantment rooms to await experimentation. The "Frostfire Spikes" you found are effectively containers for pure Earth magical energy (if you carve them down to wands, you'll have some very potent "batteries" of magic; if you attempt to combine them into one big "manabattery", you'd have a potential self-renewing core of magic). The cloak of Spirit Talks picked up is a translation device for anything celestial, spiritual, or infernal (mostly focusing on the infernal), the enchanted aquamarine is a Compass Stone (the enchantment means that if something is warded to be invisible to Locate Object, this gem, if set into it, will be a "beacon"), and the enchanted chef's hat simply increases Food and Water EXP gain by 2.

Reaches does a lot of research into the Dae River Dodgers but becomes convinced that if there's anything left to be found, she would have found it already and the Yoodles don't have a clue what she is talking about; the Dae River Dodgers are simply a tribe lost to the mists of time. that tribe was meant to be fluff Rages Loudly, fresh off the victory down in the Midnight Flash tunnels, begins soliciting for a new branch of warfare --- with the threat of the Norfs potentially incoming, the goblins need to control their world in all dimensions... ground, water, and air. He finds several willing participants and research goes into the Sky Coasters for war potential, especially since Lurks is trying to downsize his crossbows (though he fails this month though not for lack of trying) to something even smaller... which could then be mounted on the light, fragile Sky Coasters.

During his recruitment pitches, he overhears some interesting snippets of conversation. It seems that multiple goblins believe that they've outgrown Oasis Hearth and want to move to Feathers Foothold, expanding north and south along the coast. There is an unspoken rift in the tribe between those who want to leave and those who want to stay. Currently, those who want to leave outnumber the diehards by about 3 to 1. They don't dare go against the will of their chieftess, because she is chosen by Ol' Mags. They will not rise up against her, either; the success against the Midnight Flash has only strengthened her right to lead in their minds. The rift persists though, and it's a topic that could start fights in the bars within Oasis Hearth in the evenings.

Dies By Fire takes a group of goblins to place Wardshrouds (shadow magics) to hide the water sources and water supplies from any attacking Yuan-Ti, forcing them to rely on a food and water supply route if they decide to attack again. The spells go well, but the priests of the temple come to Dies and say that the Yuan-Ti have casters of their own that can just Create Food And Water, so hiding the local sources isn't going to be as effective. However on the surface against approaching forces such as the Norfs, the shrouds will work (despite the fact you've never seen a dwarf drink "just water"). While Smells Fishy makes a map of the area between the Pools of Disease and Oasis Hearth (discovering a new dungeon in the process) on his way back from the kobolds (he returns midpoint of next month), Looks to Leaves attempts to form the "instant kill potion" and fails, using up a great deal of herbs in her supply lockers.

Talks in Rhyme's studies reveal this "thing" attached to him is a "Gooper" spirit. It's effectively a shapeless blob of spiritual energy shaped by one's subconscious the moment it attaches. It grants him a slight resistance (he takes 3 less damage from elemental effects and 6 less from celestial/necromantic), but the Gooper spirit is mindless and trying to communicate that mindlessness in broken thoughts and pieces of sentences (which explains the babbling). It has the ability to Hold creatures caught in its gaze for a while, and also reflexively releases static (Shocking Grasp) if it's cut or attacked. It can be simply amputated off (which will kill it) but there may be a backlash to Talks. If the Gooper spirit is left alone, it will eventually grow and attach itself to other places on Talks' body, siphoning off magical and mental energy to sustain itself. It can also be poisoned or dispelled, but it's got 50% resistance to both.

Makes Waves has finished enchanting a water breathing charm. It's not permanent, but it does last a great deal longer (24 hours, then 4 hours in a sun-covered tidal pool to recharge it). Makes Waves can make more with the help of the Yoodles if they recover the Sponge-Soaked Urchin Mines from the Lidepkanti. Sails the Horizon is led off with a detatchment of goblins to watch for the Lidepkanti while the library is rummaged through. Within twenty minutes they're visited by the head Lidepkanti himself, Zorlesh Draxxil. He doesn't like the Yoodles having knowledge, so while he's going off on a tirade to Sails, the Yoodles sneak the books out. Something seems off about Zorlesh. He's hiding something, but you're not sure what. Some of the other goblins think he's afraid that his rule will be challenged soon, especially if the Yoodles aren't reduced to bloody sharkfood.

The recovery of the books is successful and Sails has quite the time for the next several nights studying everything about ships that he can get his hands on. We'll get to what was in the books next month.

Meanwhile, the Gluuma are released after you "speak" with them (they didn't have much to tell that you didn't already know, they're just regular hobgoblins). They do not do "non aggression", while they understand why you made the offer, they thrive on combat and testing the other tribes to the north of themselves. When they think they need a break or an easy target, they will focus on you for "laughs" --- they're taking you seriously but they want to project an air of not doing so, perhaps to make you think they're less intelligent than they really are. They're a small tribe though, less than the population of Feathers Foothold. They maybe have about seventy five members or so. They also are in control of an iron mine; this iron mine has exhibited strange properties when the iron is exposed to water (it tends to splinter and warp into strange shapes; the Gluuma use iron ingots this way as maces). There is also an icy green glow coming from the mine; the Gluuma say it's their ancestral souls all piled up and "stored" (they refuse to explain). Whatever that glow is, it is NOT ancestral.

Libraries are traded between the Yoodles and yourself, raising your bonus to 21. They are quite pleased and while they have learned new forms of combat that they can try to adapt to their self defense methods, you learn all about sea life and food of all kinds (10 Food and Water EXP, which levels and gets you another perk).

In other places, Stops and Stares and Swift of Foot descend into the dragon's lair. It's a large hole in the ground where offerings and such are thrown in the central hole; standing over the hole is the dragon himself. He's not so much a dragon as he is a "giant turtle with a pyramid for a shell and a dragon's head" (this pyramid is where the high priests that attend to the dragon live and sleep). The dragon himself is very friendly with Stops and Stares, and they go into a long discussion about chaos, the desert, how long the dragon (Sitarivixius) has been down here, and so on and so forth. Sitarivixius is well-aware of the chaos removal tapestries, and while killing him would open the way for the Guardian of Air and Earth to be unleashed, there is another way to open the way for the Guardian to emerge. Naturally, Sitarivixius is not going to just talk about it openly or open the way for just anyone; he tells Stops to "go home; a vision of what is needed will be sent to you when the time is right," if he is serious about removing the chaos from the desert.

Or, Stops could attempt to attack the dragon in order to kill him (while calling down the wrath of the priests attending said dragon, though).

Sitarivixius is rather curious about Swift, as the dragon sees nothing but a jumble of mismatched mechanical pieces linked together by life force. He considers Swift a "deviant elemental" and doesn't like him much, but as Swift hasn't struck first he's not one to just go in swinging. He does offer Swift a means to become completely IME or completely clockwork, depending on his desire... "for the right favor, of course." Swift has the option of accepting the offer (another dungeon run plus assassination) or telling the dragon he is not interested.

Stops has the option of staying put to learn more, going home, attacking the dragon, or having Swift attempt to possess the dragon via MA.

Finally, the Valley of
► Show Spoiler
WILL YOU...

A) Divide your population evenly between Feathers Foothold and Oasis Hearth?
B) Send a delegation to the Gluuma to foster ties or set up trade, showing them you don't buy their "not taken seriously" bit?
C) Study the Frostfire Spikes, hoping to learn the means to convert them into a large, renewable Mana Core?
D) Focus on helping the Yoodles by helping them recover their Sponge-Soaked Urchin Mines?
E) Send spies to the Gluuma mine, to learn more about the strange glow?
F) Amputate/Poison/Dispel the Gooper Spirit to get rid of it once and for all?
G) Head for Sembogu Mine to assist the Klyenti against the Corrupted Zhrindil?

Food And Water:

Basics Tree: Silverware (+1d3% potential birthrate from cleanliness)
Gourmet Tree: Tuber Expertise (Increases food value of Cloxin Tuber)
Culture Tree: Quick Study (Learn quickly about other races' foods)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Re: Civilization IV (990.04)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2013 7:02 pm

To the Dragon
► Show Spoiler
So ....which should I choose? IME or clockwork?

CroverusRaven
Converses Frequently

Post by CroverusRaven » Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Was kinda hoping fro a one on one session, but oh well, making it to the 7th arena is pretty impressive. Considering I'm a goblins with maybe some random levels and some of those challenges have a CR in the teens. I'm gonna sit out a few rounds and just observe. The valley was kind of the only ting keeping me interested in this for now.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri May 17, 2013 7:26 pm

C,D,G

Swift. I would say IME all the way if anything at all. If you want try possession I'm down with that too as all of the priests may be able to be kept somehow?

Otherwise, stops will stay put in the hopes of learning more.

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 pm

Votes : CEG

Food and Water : Gourmet Tree

Swift : Your Option, really. I'd probably take magic, but then, I always take magic. Clockwork would make you, well, more operable. With bad luck, you will not be able to influence anything unmagical.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2013 8:04 pm

a, c, g

WhirdCheese
Enjoys Chitchat

Post by WhirdCheese » Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 pm

S.A. Rages works on training himself and his volunteers how to fly the Sky Coasters

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Post by Davecom3 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm

BDG

Food and Water: Culture Tree
Last edited by Davecom3 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D34dlock
Is Heard Often

Post by D34dlock » Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 pm

C,D,G

We will have a new place soon. Learning what fish are good will help us greatly. The Gourmet Tree is also good but we may not have the time to use it fully.
Culture Tree: Quick Study

I thought I used my FH. However it still says I have 1.

SA
If C is chosen Gathers Rocks will help the mages with the studies.
I'm still reading shifters.

madmartin26
Indulges in Conversation

Post by madmartin26 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:26 pm

C,D,G

While looking into the information on sailing ships, Sails also looks to see whether some part of the Desert Wind could be incorporated into the design, and still have the design function as best as it can(two reasons, First he wants his sailing golem friend to come along, and second, he's still attached to his first ship, and having some familiar part of it in his new ship seems a good way to remember it).

If an expedition is made to the sponge dungeon, Sails leads the way and helps using the waterbreathing charm, and also using his bioluminescence to light up the sea floor(The Yoodles probably have their own methods, but Sails needs to be able to see).

Edit: He also continues to teach and care for the heiress, whenever he has the time.

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Sat May 18, 2013 1:22 am

CDG

Waves will go along with the Yoodles to recover the Sponge soaked urchin mines.
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Sat May 18, 2013 10:16 am

A) Divide your population evenly between Feathers Foothold and Oasis Hearth? 1( Burns)
B) Send a delegation to the Gluuma to foster ties or set up trade, showing them you don't buy their "not taken seriously" bit? 2 (kida, dave)
C) Study the Frostfire Spikes, hoping to learn the means to convert them into a large, renewable Mana Core? 7 (kida,jib, martin, d34, burns, Fey, Badge)
D) Focus on helping the Yoodles by helping them recover their Sponge-Soaked Urchin Mines? 6 (kida,jib,martin, d34, dave, Badge)
E) Send spies to the Gluuma mine, to learn more about the strange glow? 1 (Fey)
F) Amputate/Poison/Dispel the Gooper Spirit to get rid of it once and for all? 0 ()
G) Head for Sembogu Mine to assist the Klyenti against the Corrupted Zhrindil? 7 (Jib,martin, d34, dave, burns, Fey,Badge)

Food and Water :
Basic Tree - 0 ()
Gourmet Tree - 2 (kida, Fey)
Culture Tree - 2 (d34, dave)

Lokthar
Of Few Words

Post by Lokthar » Sat May 18, 2013 12:21 pm

a, c, g Basics

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Sat May 18, 2013 1:23 pm

A) 2 ( Burns, Lokthar)
B) 2 (kida, dave)
C) 9 (kida,jib, martin, d34, burns, Fey, Badge, Lokthar, Alaen)
D) 7 (kida,jib,martin, d34, dave, Badge, Alaen)
E) 1 (Fey)
F) 0 ()
G) 9 (Jib,martin, d34, dave, burns, Fey,Badge, Alaen, Lokthar)

Food and Water :
Basic Tree - 1 (Lokthar)
Gourmet Tree - 3 (kida, Fey, Alaen)
Culture Tree - 2 (d34, dave)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat May 18, 2013 1:31 pm

FH: Rhymes will attempt to Dispel his goober friend, requesting help from mages or shamans if he feels it is necessary/likely to help.