The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (The Adventurers Return)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:12 am

Nah, not yet. I'll update your actions once I've got aegis's intro set up.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:50 pm

*peeks in, makes random faces, peeks out* Looks like we're set to kick off in a couple days, though I've asked Thinks to set it to week-long signups since I want the beginning of the Pit of A Thousand Skulls to co-incide with me getting ready to end the stage in Civilization 7. Then I might break from that to focus on the Pit. We'll see :)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:25 am

Will say add my name to the list of next quests mine is quick and ready to go. Just not a lot of time currently but bey the time two other quests have run at our current rate i should be good again.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 am

We'll kick this off tomorrow or Monday. I've got a couple of bits of artwork to finalise, but I'm off to perform a wedding today so need a little extra time.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (Pit of A Thousand Skulls

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

The Pit of a Thousand Skulls

Forges and Walks head outside and offer the rat-corpses and "stirge" corpses to the Mouse Chef.

"So what will all these rats get me? I'm sure they will help your garden. Do you want some bones as well?."
"Oh yes, those will work very nicely! Quite common creatures, but they should do for the basics. I can't really afford to pay you for them as such, but I can trade you 2 healing potions for the lot OR 2 potions from whatever I manage to grow out of them. My corpse-fertilised potions are usually a bit stronger than the normal ones, but you'll need to wait for the plants to grow of course. As for those things... They are a bit more unusual, I grant you, but they're pretty small. I can offer you 1 healing potion now, or 1 mystery potion later. What do you say?"

Round at the trader's bit William presents his slightly-too-big-for-him sword to the trader and asks for an exchange.

"Well, it's decent enough I suppose. I can give you 15GP for it."

Walks wanders over while William is pondering and buys an Iron Shield and 10 arrows. They are contemplating their goods and wares when they hear an ox and cart pull up a little way from the entrance to the HQ. Very soon afterwards, they are hit by what can only be described as the stench of rotten meat coming from the cart. It's pretty minging. An greying human warrior strides past them towards the GAL...

Forges heads back inside to use the combi-box. He pops his "My First Wand" and the "Book of Evil Badness" into the box and closes the lid. Because absolutely NOTHING could possibly go wrong with that particular plan. The box whistles and pings and stops with a "pop" as the number 78 appears on the lid. Forges retrieves a black wand from the box and a mischievous grin spreads across his face.

Fortunately, he is interrupted by the arrival of the grizzled warrior. The man shakes the rain from his cloak and scans the bar. He has an exhausted look about him and that 1000-yard stare of a veteran soldier. The goblins fall silent as they stop to stare at the man. Even the bartender seems at a loss for words.

Savage rolls his eyes and approaches the stranger. Without a word, the human presents Savage with a letter. Savage reads its through, smiles slightly to himself and nods.

"All right, you've got yourself a deal. I'm sure it will be a pleasure doing business with you! All right you lot! I've got a new job for you!"

Savage pins a new job on the board:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Pit of A Thousand Skulls!

BACKGROUND: It's time to fix up an old trap-filled pit, so that its traps can wreck incoming adventurers and the local goblin clans can collect the loot later.

CLIENT: "The Talker"

OBJECTIVE: Repair the the traps in the pit by using the mechanical parts stored in the Survival Shack on the surface, repair the ladders down, deal with any hostile surprises that may have moved in, then collect the loot at the bottom of the pit.

DIFFICULTY: Bring your A-game, just in case! The Pit is just that -- 2550 feet (half a mile) almost straight down with ledges, traps in the walls, etc. Many of these will need to be fixed or reset, or removed if they can't be.

REWARD: Unwritten law among the goblin tribes: If dead adventurers are found impaled on traps or laying around, the trap resetter or the first finder gets one piece of loot from the body, then kicks the corpse to the bottom of the pit for the others to sort through later. Then once all the loot is sorted, one additional piece of loot. The rest goes to The Talker.

PLAYER SPOTS AVAILABLE: 6-8 -- the Pit is a big place.

INTERESTED?: Week-long sign ups (closing on Friday?), open enrolment. If goblins disagree with one another or fight over the loot, they'll have to work it out for themselves!

--------------------------------------

Nolandking
Converses Frequently

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (NEW QUEST AVAILABLE!)

Post by Nolandking » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:56 am

Tells is ready to go

Tells put on his Crystal Mask (just because it looks cool) and sells his puzzle box for 20 gold. He will then move back his room to storage the follow items

list to store:
- 3 small bags
- Torch snuffer
- Mouse spear 2H (+1ATT)
Haven't played this signature game in a long while but I'll try it out again.

Help these poor little guys hatch.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:09 pm

mmm...yes...this is a good time for "The Ghost of Knowledge" to update his list...storing things and combining things should be done before you leave on your quest, and while you're at it, you can make sure that everything is correct under your tab in the "Trapper Keeper"

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:12 pm

William will sell his longsword (+2 ATT/2H) for a longsword (+2 ATT/1H) and five gold.
He will then see if he can use the sheild he currently has as one handed or two handed...

And then also sign up for this Pit of A Thousand Skulls

Finally he will go find a long branch from the woods and cut it off and strip it of branches
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:16 pm

VengefulOne will eagerly wet his ears (though hopefully not his trident) on the new quest. I also have a throwing axe now badge. Otherwise my entry is correct.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:28 pm

Remedy would gladly sign up for the new quest, but she is still busy with the current (8) one.
:zzz:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:36 pm

((Unlikely that it will wrap in the next week. ;) I do owe you guys and girls an update though. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:51 pm

GAL was built with the emphasis on making room for newbies (as both players and GMs) with high turnover. Rules say that the more quests you've been on the less likely it is you'll get a spot in the next quest. With that in mind, I'd feel greedy trying to sign up for back to back quests. I'm enjoying the current one. There will be others to try for later. I'm happy to give someone else a chance to play.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 pm

WearsHats wrote:GAL was built with the emphasis on making room for newbies (as both players and GMs) with high turnover..
Yeah, GAL 8 was the "short quest" I had in mind... at this rate, the "longer quest" may need to be broken up into shorter sections.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:59 pm

With running 3 games and desperatly lookong for players to replace those who left over time (especially in Curse of the gold,which had almost a dozenonce, of which only 3 are still posting), i dont feel greedy. Also GAL 8 is only the second GAL i got a spot in. But nevermind, as i already wrote i wont join while she is in a game. No clones! ;)
:zzz:

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:28 pm

There's still the 1 PC per player rule anyway, although like I said before, if we suddenly get an influx of DMs I'd be willing to allow each player to have 2 PCs. But that would double my workload within the GAL to run the NPCs etc, so it won't happen unless we're really getting slowed down by a lack of players :)

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Oh hey, update. I'll make a Po1KS thread soon enough, probably in the next day or two if I'm not feeling creative during the day while I'm finishing up the current stage in Civ 7.

This'll be fun. Hope you brought your climbing gear... >:D

I'll probably begin on Sunday, with the actual threads going up maybe Wednesday. Entries close friday night-ish, to give Badge a chance to update the Trapper Keeper of Knowledge so that way people are up to date when they delve into the Pit.

EDIT: GAL 9 thread made. The Talker will be bringing them from the Inn to the Pit proper.
EDIT #2: I'll do some RPing here if I see characters starting to interact with The Talker, as well, but it will be mostly of conversation. While he is a trader, his wares are thin right now, which is why he's going to the Pit to begin with...

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Po1ks sign ups list

1. Tells (Noland)
2.William (Quarg)
3. VengefulOne (Chuck)
4. Forges (Pat)
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Outside-
To the mouse chef- Whats your name by the way?" and can i get one potion now and one potion later?

-------------------------
Inside
Forges heads over to the Bard and asks him to identify the new wand and pays him the gold for it.

Trader -- "Odd question trader but let me get this straight.. You want us to set up or fix traps going down into the pit and if we find any victims we get one item and kick them down to the bottom...he..he..(hmm that was odd almost an evil laugh)... then when we reach the bottom we get additional stuff. That all sounds cool, but how do we get out afterwards. we'd have to go through all the traps we just reset?"

"Do you have any useful items you can give us that would be useful for this quest?"
► Show Spoiler
- Karn, Silver golem

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:49 pm

The Talker, who appears to be a former knight of some human army, glances at Forges with a thousand-yard stare. "No. There is a service exit for smaller creatures like yourself. I don't leave people behind or send them knowingly to their deaths and would not ask for assistance if I didn't think you were a capable bunch. I don't have anything useful I can offer; most of that gear is at the Survival Shack at the Pit's entrance."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:49 am

Walks opts for the mystery potion (from the stirges) later, and also fetches her two rat corpses from her storage to offer to the mouse chef (taking the potion(s), this time).
She also offers the weapon trader the
- Holey Shield (+0 DEF) (1-handed)(Small metal shield with large hole in it, which needs to be fixed somehow)
- Spear (+1 ATT) (2-handed) and
- Small chest: Small and indestructible (this one mostly for price information)

Lastly, she sings up for the mission in the pit.
Po1ks sign ups list

1. Tells (Noland)
2.William (Quarg)
3. VengefulOne (Chuck)
4. Forges (Pat)
5. Walks (Gathers)
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 am

Realizing that the shield he has is two handed apparently William will buy and iron shield for 20 gold (dropping him to 10 gold) and put the shield into storage before going out into the woods and collecting a long stick to turn into a walking stick.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Braineel
Mutters to Themself

Post by Braineel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:49 am

Ooh. Forum games. Hm. This is a fascinating idea. Mind if I join in? I see you already have quite a sizable list of active players. At any rate, I'll leave a character below in a spoiler and keep tabs on this thread.

(Yeah, yeah. I know. I make an account and then immediately go for the forum games. I blame that Kulle guy for linking me to this subforum first thing.)
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:04 am

"Hey, look! *teeeeeeheee* A new guy! ", Laughs Creepily chortles.

((New members are always welcome! There is a quest about to start, so throw your name in the hat for that if you wish. There is a trader outside with gear, you've got 10gp to start, so you can pick up something to get you started. Alternatively, there might be players with extra items that would be willing to sell them to you at a better rate than the trader.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:21 am

You also start with either 10 or 20 gold...which you can use to buy weapons from the available stores.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:23 am

"Welcome to the Goblin Adventurer's League friend! First drink is on the house, so what'll it be?"

------------

OOC: Welcome to the GAL! Spider's already filled you in on what's going on around here at the moment, but there's a quest looking for adventurers right now if you'd like to sign up for it. If you have any questions about how things work just ask and I or one of the regulars will fill you in. If you do sign up for the next quest and get a place on it, I'm sure you'll also be able to borrow some spare equipment from the other PCs (10GP doesn't go very far in the shops!).