The Goblin Adventurer's League

Home to all current Forum Games.
Nerre
Game Master

Re: The Goblin Adventurer's League (NEW QUEST AVAILABLE!)

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 am

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:12 pm

► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Tinkers With Stuff thinks for a moment about how she could possibly hurt a giant mud monster and a magical human-looking-thing. Then it hits her, and she starts singing...

"A child arrived... just the other day. Came to the world in the usual way. But there was treasure to find, and there were monsters to slay... he hit level 1 while I was away...

She hopes to make the monsters empathize with the pain of a mythical heroic bard from another world, thereby "hurting" them without causing harm. Just to be safe, however, at the end of the song, she sneezes, hard, aiming carefully to catch both the girl and the monster in the spray. Excuse me. *sniffle* Allergies, you know.

Tink won't make any hostile movements towards the monsters, but if either Laughs or TAP get into serious danger, she'll intervene to defend them, trying to get the attacker to calm down.
Last edited by Narshe on Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:42 pm

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz:

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:04 pm

((really, really, really stupid question - are we meant to read the spoiler boxes, or are these things that will give away the story, and we should not?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:06 pm

((It's often random speculation and can be treated as out of character chatter, and placed in spoilers to limit clutter. It's generally frowned upon for people not involved in a game to be posting suggested actions or answers to puzzles, etc. for players in game, whether under spoilers or not, so they are generally safe.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:29 pm

GAL plotlines are either kept secret by the gms or revealed publicly in the thread so everything here should be safe. If there's ever something here that's inappropriate or actually spoilers, just let me know and I'll check it out. This whole place is pretty much run on whims and flights of fancy though, so I dont think there's much concrete info that could actually get spoiled. Me and the gms won't do it cos that would be kind of stupid and no fun for us :)

Bear in mind that pms can be used to send secret player messages as well as normal private messages, so some games may occasionally have more going on behind the scenes than you might see in a thread...

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Brilliant, thanks y'all!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:40 am

Walks frowns and keeps her distance and watches how the various acts of violence play out.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:56 pm

Leaves quickly draws a flame into the dirt with the tip of his dagger, then wrapping his cloak around him, he slips around the side of the mud guardian and stabs at it with both daggers.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Leaves and a giggling Laughs head straight on and attack. Laughs pulls out his throwing axes and heaves them at the goo monster and is surprised when both sink into the creature not seeming to have much effect. Leaves after drawing a flame into the dirt with the tip of his dagger then slips around the side of the mud guardian and stabs at it with both daggers, which plunge into the "flesh" as if it were a thick custard. As with the throwing axes it feels like they want to get pulled inside the creature but Leaves just manages to pull them free.
The creature doesn't seem to have noticed either attack and hasn't moved.

Tinkers With Stuff thinks for a moment about how she could possibly hurt a giant mud monster and a magical human-looking-thing. Then it hits her, and she starts singing...
"A child arrived... just the other day. Came to the world in the usual way. But there was treasure to find, and there were monsters to slay... he hit level 1 while I was away... After which they sneeze deliberately trying something else but feels the distance may have been a factor. Excuse me. *sniffle* Allergies, you know.

TAP looks at the unphased slug creature and then the girl. "Ah I see. The giant is not the guardian." he goes then goes over to the girl and smacks her. He finds that his pimp smacking hand passes straight through the girl as if she were air or a ghost. She giggles, points over TAp's shoulder and he see the slug creatures fist heading towards him. To late to fully escape he flies through the a. ir, the blow is almost enough to knock his block off if he hadn't dodge a little. (TAP - 2HP.)

The girl thing giggles.

Walks frowns and keeps her distance and watches how the various acts of violence play out.

► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:57 pm

TAP, while avoiding the slug creature decides to do a different approach to the battle. He looks over to the girl and asks,
"How did you die?"

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:35 am

Holds listens intently to anything All and the swamp witch say, enraptured by the exotic-ness of their conversation.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:25 am

Leaves stops and thinks for a moment. Looking around, he spies a small patch of red roses. Running over and cutting them low to the ground with his daggers, he hurries back and scatters them in a ring around the girl and then standing close by, he sneezes on her.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:00 am

Staying well out of reach of the giant mud-slug, Walks thinks about what "a pocket full of poses" might translate to, and decides to take out a weapon and "harakiri" herself with it (acting only!). She'll stick it "into" herself (for real ofc next to her body, probably between her torso and her arm) and dramatically sinks to the ground and "dies". Maybe that will make the little girl cry (tissue, tissue).
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:04 am

Tink ponders the rhyme as well... And thinks she sees flowers that look like they might be posies next that tree sort of in the foreground. Maybe it's the girl or the monster that are allergic, to posies!

She will go over, and picks as many of them as she suspects might fill a couple of pockets. She'll stuff some into the side of the mud-monster - and lick her hand afterwards to see if it tastes like honey - and offer the rest to the girl. "Did you want these?"

Tink ponders for a while. "Hurt the guardian? Well, in that case, I hereby swear an oath to defend the fountain always, to make sure that only worthy goblins and other creatures approach it - to defend them against consequences they might not be ready to face, and also to prevent the fountain's gifts from being abused." Then, she nicks one of her fingers a little bit on the pointy end of the spear.

She'll seal the wound with some mud from the monster, and have a lick while she's at it. "Ouch! Pardon me Mr. Slug-golem, but I'm going to use a bit of you for a bandage if you don't mind."
Last edited by Narshe on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Narshe wrote:Tink ponders the rhyme as well... And thinks she sees flowers that look like they might be posies next that tree sort of in the foreground. Maybe it's the girl or the monster that are allergic, to posies!

She will go over, and picks as many of them as she suspects might fill a couple of pockets. She'll stuff some into the side of the mud-monster - and lick her hand afterwards to see if it tastes like honey - and offer the rest to the girl. "Did you want these?"
I presumed that these were roses, so Leaves has probably already cut these and scattered them :?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Laughs pulls out his Lance of Terror, holding over his head and cackling as he strides into the clearing, hoping that its fear effect will have some impact on the girl or mud monster.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Whoops! Fixed my action. ^_^

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:28 am

Leaves stops and thinks, spying a small patch of red roses and posies he runs over to them dodging a blow from the slug creature, he proceeds to cut them low to the ground with his daggers, then he hurries over to the girl and scatters them in a ring around the girl. Her nose crinkles a little and she sniff once as he does this, but is distracted when TAP asks the question "How did you die?"
In a giggly laugh "Die? I didn't die...well not his me, I just came into being."
Leaves then standing close by tries sneezing on her.
"I think you goblins need a tissue, I'd give you one of mine but...well you know"

Laughs then pulls out his Lance of Terror, holding over his head and cackling as he strides further into the clearing. Amazing this seems to have an effect (lucky roll) on the slug creature and while it doesn't flee it does retreat slightly away from the goblins and stops its attacks. The two thrown axes and be seen floating inside its bulk.

Walks Still thinking about what "a pocket full of poses might translate to decides to fake "harakiri" herself with an arrow as her axe seems a little awkward pretend with, as she sticks it "into" herself under her arm she then dramatically sinks to the ground and "dies" keeping one eye open to see the girls reaction. She does a small clap with a girly laugh but doesn't say anything Walks thinks she may be off on this one perhaps.

Tink on the other hand talks a little to himself before acting.
"Hurt the guardian? Well, in that case, I hereby swear an oath to defend the fountain always, to make sure that only worthy goblins and other creatures approach it - to defend them against consequences they might not be ready to face, and also to prevent the fountain's gifts from being abused." She then nicks one of her fingers a little bit on the pointy end of the spear and it starts to bleed.
"Ouch! Pardon me Mr. Slug-golem, but I'm going to use a bit of you for a bandage if you don't mind."
As she heads towards the slug creature he retreats a little further still under Laughs spears effect so she doesn't get you try and lick what the slug monster is made from.

"Nice try goblin, I think that answer would have worked if you were truly a guardian but you'd be more of a protector as you would not stay at the fountain to guard it, but good try." she giggles.

► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:32 am

"If there are more than one you, are you certian that this you is actually you and not a copy of the original you, and if many of you exist then at least one of you is not supposed to exist. It must be difficult to you to know that you are not supposed to be here." tap projects.

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:21 am

Tink will chase the golem, and try to cover her hands in whatever it's made of. If she succeeds, she'll run over and take a swipe at the girl-apparition with her slime-covered hands.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:00 pm

GAL 11: Protect the GAL's interests

Here's the list of who gets in:

Narshe: 99
Nikohl: 93 (-30) = 63
runsaround: 49
Burns: 48
----------
Nerre: 63 (-20) = 43
Patdragon: 57 (-30) = 27
Theis: 18 (-30) = -12

Congratulations to Narshe, nikohl, runs and burns! We'll get started whenever you guys are done with your other GAL-based activities (...which I'll get onto dealing with next) :)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:49 pm

At the Swamp Witch

Remedy and Forges make their exchanges with the ferry folk and arrive at the swamp witch.

The goblins offer a variety of potions, animal parts, potions and mudhoney for trade.

"Oh. Well... Yes. I see. I suppose... Yes... Interesting..."
"Uh... what is?"
"Oh! Well, these berries, and the mushrooms... I can certainly use those... The paws... are a bit... generic for my tastes, but I'm sure I can find some use for them. The potions aren't any use to me. I am quite capable of making my own you see. The mudhoney is far too chaotic for my tastes, although I am curious about where you got it from..."

She gestures around at her potion cabinets and looks pointedly at All.

"Was there something in particular you wanted? I have quite the range of toxins and one or two explosives."

Remedy is curious whether the Swamp Witch can teach her anything about potion making.

"I... well... no. It's nothing personal! I just don't really... teach. I don't really like having company."

--------------------------------------

Back at the GAL, Leaves puts a violet snake fang and the stinky silk into the Combi-Cube. It smokes and clanks its way to producing a "29"... Opening the lid, he discovers... nothing... He double-checks the box, but it's definitely empty. A strange smell catches his attention, then disappears again. That's weird.

---------------------------------------
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:43 pm

(Is there a list somewhere of what the Swamp Witch sells? I'm not trying to be vague, but I don't actually know what she has.)

All will sell the things that the Witch wants to her, and potentially buy stuff. Maybe even explodey stuff... :D