Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:42 am

Pfft, what, have a character with split personalities and a different person plays each personality? Each session the active personality is just whoever was available. :p

Anyway, weekend times available... Uh, lessee, I sleep between... Then to GMT it's... Midnight to 2pm? That's aroundabout the full time that I'm reliably available, though the later it gets the more likely I am to have to leave because of exhaustion.

Well, I'll also be starting classes again soon, so there's no knowing how my sleep schedule will implode after that.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:58 am

I kind of don't want to tell, since I think it would be a neat surprise for the first time players... But I guess I can't exactly say how it works without revealing it, so... Spoiler time :P
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:16 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 am

► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 am

► Show Spoiler
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:41 am

► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:17 am

That sounds super cool!!! Is be up for that, and I'm on est, so... Could start at 2pm GMT at the earliest and play for a few hours (3-5 at a time?). I love the premise and it's one I've wanted to try myself for a while but didn't know how to pull it off...
Last edited by thinkslogically on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 am

Pfft, Thinks' time starts at when mine ends. XD
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 am

Know what, once I'm home later today I'll put up a proper introduction post in recruitment if I get the chance, and we can see if we can get this properly arranged... Or if timezones are going to ruin everything :P

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:27 pm

I would potentially be up for your game Mort but time is the issue.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Yeah, working on a thread in recruitment right now, and I'm thinking of using some kind of online utility to mark when people would be available..? Anyone got a suggestion for one to use that'd fit, I know they exist :P

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:53 pm

Doodle polls?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:54 pm

I'm also interested (and my timezone is probably the closest to yours :P ) but I've never used Roll20 before. I'm not even entirely sure what it is used for - is it just maps?

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:56 pm

It can also keep your character sheets, roll for you and (voice) chat with each other
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 pm

The voice chat is sketchy, my game usually runs in discord instead. Everything else is great. Oh and it has sound effects.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Layf ran one for a while until he got too busy with work, think we did discord or Skype for chat, roll20 was indeed sketchy.

It is basically a digital table where you can place maps with dynamic objects and lighting, roll, keep sheets, references, etc.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

Dynamic lighting you got to pay for but it really makes dungeons more interesting. If you pay even more you can get visual effects like fireballs.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Ah, didn't know that. I just benefited from whatever he had I guess.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:34 pm

If we want to compile time availability, anyone who's interested can just add their name on the left and colour the appropriate cells.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:07 pm

So I created the recruitment thread, which is... Probably a mess given how tired I am right now, but well, here you guys go. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1975

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:27 am

I can play later than I marked but if that is the start time I can't stay a whole session (gotta sleep)! Start time is a little more flexible as long as I know a few days in advance.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:47 am

Ah, that's a point to consider. The times I marked are ones that I can play through, rather than just start, since I don't know how long sessions last.
My game:

My characters:

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:05 am

Duly noted, Rodgeir. :)

On first glance, it's looking like late Friday might be the best option after all? Got a bunch of options there, at least... So should probably start arranging characters in the appropriate thread, assuming everyone is willing? :)

... Also I'm not sure if the site did the time conversion automatically, but all those times should be GMT +1. I think so though, given the times Dlover picked. :P

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:31 pm

They were all my local timezones on my end.
My game:

My characters:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:10 am

Been a while since this thread was used, but something that MUST be noted has appeared...
Some of you will have heard that KFC got a dating simulator made. But now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imlFxSr6oqw
(Wendy's Tabletop RPG)
My game:

My characters: