Random Thread 2: Social plane shifting?

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Random Thread The Electric Bongaloo: A Whole New Thread

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 am

BeanDip wrote:I realize now, with the inception of the new thread, that it's been a while since a BeanDip health update.

Chemotherapy is going extremely well. They have me on Taxol and Carboplatin which is nice because I haven't had any nausea on it at all though it does seem to make me more tired than the the previous chemo. Still, I'd rather be weak and exhausted than throwing up for days. I can physically feel that it is working but I have a CT scan scheduled for this Saturday to gauge my progress so I'll hopefully have some good news for y'all soon.
I have all my fingers crossed for you Bean, I hope it's good news for you on Sat :)

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:33 am

Handed in my project today and can finally take it easy for the next week or two!

Also good to hear it is going in the right direction Bean! (or at least feel like it is!)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:32 am

wow I sure love me a good bean story ^^
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 am

Oh, I just noticed how cool that dark-green-leafy-thing background looks without plain beige background on top of it. One more way to improve forum design!

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:11 am

I just remembered my forum looks difference form some others, i'm on the original look

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm

The -7 Scale Mail "Yfeliocwal" (Str +2 Damage +6). Goddamnit Xom, you fucking shithead! (Scale mail in Dungeon Crawl gives 6 AC)

On the other hand, I'm actually using http://crawl.chaosforge.org/Shield_of_the_Gong as my shield (+4 +10 Eveningstar god gift as main weapon)

Then the power went out briefly. Thank Trog for autosaves. On the other hand, I do have bills to pay today. An omen? Heh.

Edit: Not in this rain, I'm not walking 8 blocks to the post office... (no buses in this backwater town)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

gamecreator
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by gamecreator » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Hmm, I think I'll go with prosilver theme too. It looks decent.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Damn it. Go down a staircase, get killed almost immediately after being surrounded.
► Show Spoiler

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Wait, there are other themes? *Goes to check* Oh yeah, that default Goblins theme. Yeah, no, that burns my eyes. Prosilver all the way.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm

I forgot there was the option to change the forum colours! It just doesn't really feel like home if it's not pale lime and beige now :)

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:24 pm

Everytime I use the ProSilver, as nice as it looks, I keep thinking that I'm logged out.

I wish I could get up the energy to help make up a few new different forum skins. I used to know how but I'm so rusty and just like... not... mentally there anymore. I can't tell if it's chemobrain or not but I have nowhere near the mental faculties I used to. It pretty much effects everything I do nowadays. Little depressed about it. Ah well, as long as I'm getting better I will deal with the side effects. There's always a silver lining. ProSilver lining? Yes... that nicely ties my little aside back to the original topic.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm sure you'll feel better once you're off the chemo Bean :) Just give it a bit of time. When do you stop treatment incidentally? DO you get a break for Christmas or are you battling on through?

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:44 pm

This one coming up will be my fourth out of six. So I'll be off of chemo, if everything goes right, in like two months. And yes, I am getting chemo for Christmas.

They had my chemo scheduled for Christmas Eve which I was ready for but my chemo takes six hours and they were only going to be open from 8 to 12 that day. They asked me if I wanted a Christmas Break and I told them I wasn't comfortable giving the cancer even a few extra days to rest and as soon as it was safe I wanted my chemo. So I'm getting my chemo on the day before Christmas Eve. I'll feel pretty shitty come Christmas but I'm going to make the most of it since not only is it my son's first Christmas but I'm not honestly sure if I'll ever see another Christmas again. I'm staying as positive and happy as I can though. Can't dwell on the bad stuff or you miss the good. :)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Dlover wrote:Wait, there are other themes? *Goes to check* Oh yeah, that default Goblins theme. Yeah, no, that burns my eyes. Prosilver all the way.
I like the default. Prosilver can kiss my furry hyena ass.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:12 pm

could i have a semi drunken rant ?
so remember how I'm a highschool drop out, how I used to be in the class with one dude and 13 girls who I all really liked
I went to college and didn't see most of them for half a year
now I went back to some seniors party they had, and well they really liked it then I was there, we shared stories and got a lil drunk i took over the bar and helped them out, doing the dishes, clean, serve drinks you know stuff i would have done if i was still there, so that went great till
the only guy from my class showed up, mitch. and the girls informed me that he got addicted to drugs the past few months. he shows up high to school nearly every day smokes and sniffs all kinds off stuff and fails almost every class, i know this isn;t my fault but i kinda feel responsible for this one this in;t going to make much sene but we used to hang out a lot well at shool he didn't really get along with the girls we talked a lot about his dad's problems with the law ( drug related ) his arrest and all that crap
now I'm gone and all he's got to hang out with are the bad kids.... I know it's not my fault but maby it would have been diffent

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Well, I'm glad the Chemo is working Bean....

As for Asks....

The kid had enough bad influences in his life, that even if you had been there it might have turned out just the same...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:25 am

Bean: For some reason I thought your son was a bit older! That's AWESOME you get to be there for his first Christmas, I hope it's a good one (don't forget to give him lots of super-exciting empty boxes and wrapping paper though - those are the best!) :D

Asks: We all make our own choices in life, but you can't put yours on hold to save people from possible future choices they may or may not make.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:23 am

ok so my lil brother got 160 dollar shoes
I don't get kids or my parents, 160 bucks for freaking shoes and he gets like new one every other month.... AGH

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:58 am

Shoes are useless. In Israel, we wear sandals!

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:18 am

thats more I spend on shoes in 3-4 years aghhh xd

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Urge. I'm pretty sure I've not been this drunk in about 10 years... So, bands are like a billion times better when you're pisseed than not, but if they don't play the stuff you know they're still pretty balls.

Summary of tonight - Washington Irvine were awesome, admiral fallow were pretty balls.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:43 pm

thinkslogically wrote:Urge. I'm pretty sure I've not been this drunk in about 10 years... So, bands are like a billion times better when you're pisseed than not, but if they don't play the stuff you know they're still pretty balls.

Summary of tonight - Washington Irvine were awesome, admiral fallow were pretty balls.
Er...I need a drunk Scot to English translator here....

Cause' I have no idea what "pretty balls" means...

Also, I thought Washington Irving was the name of the guy who wrote Sleepy Hollow....

And apparently Thinks does not like a member of the Royal Navy...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:00 pm

I'm pretty sure it means rather bad.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:41 am

I love it how thinks gets all stereotypical Scott when she's drunk

I have a x-mas gift for cr but no way to give it to her :|

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:37 am

Hahaha! Oh dear... Ok, so pretty balls means pretty shit, the other two are band names who are on spotify and YouTube and stuff if anyone wants to hear them.

Hungover thinks hurts a lot.