DND Ashren OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Re: DND Ashren OOC

Post by SGTdude » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:11 am

In the interest of helping, I offer this. I sincerely hope it helps.

WARNING:
THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESENTATION OF THE OPINIONS OF A FICTIONAL CHARACTER AND IN NO WAY REPRESENTS ACTUAL FACTS ABOUT THE FICTIONAL REALITY IN WHICH THE CHARACTER EXISTS.
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Tokryn knows he is a goblin, and for that he feels cursed. His thought is that by being more human he can redeem himself.
Adrena is old, and smart, and an elf. So she must know what she is doing. Even if he disagrees with her at times, she still has demonstrated the capacity to lead.
Cade is a thief, but he is a halfling. And there is no such thing as an evil halfling.
Gendalr seems kind of odd, but he hasn't done anything to indicate he cant be trusted/valuable.
Kaliss does seem strong, and competent. But he acts like a monster, so at the moment Tokryn regards him like an intelligent dog: useful, but needing to be on some kind of leash.
[In case it is not absolutely clear, this is what TOKRYN thinks, not SGTDUDE]
The only other thing I will say about Tokryn is that he a little young for a goblin adventurer. So he isn't exactly sure who he is yet even though he has dedicated his life to being a paladin. The extent of which was basically a prayer in the woods. So he is trying to figure out what he is doing as he goes along. Jacon and I have already discussed him briefly linking up with other Paladins in Pig Village to get a little mentoring, or some books to read as homework or something. But Tokryn's character is literally not as established as the others, and that is part of his character.

Sorry for this being so long. Thanks
Last edited by SGTdude on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:27 am

ah ok, that makes more sense

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:32 am

Jacon wrote:ah ok, that makes more sense
:shock:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Wow.

Yeah. Im sorry.

I thought everything I put up in that post was totally obvious. It was not. My skills at foreshadowing a character apparently suck. My bad.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:34 am

No I was talking to about what Quarg said.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 am

Adrena is old, and smart, and an elf. So she must know what she is doing.
Kaliss does seem strong, and competent. But he acts like a monster, so at the moment Tokryn regards him like an intelligent dog: useful, but needing to be on some kind of leash. But he wont try to impose that, especially now.
Just something about the ages:
Tokryen is 2 years below the starting age, so yes, he is a bit young. But Adrena is not old and wise, she is still very young for an half-elf with being 29. She is about 145% of her race's starting age. Kaliss, with being 20 and his race having a starting age of 15 is not that far below with 133%. For Tokryen with being at 85% of his race's starting age, this should be nearly the same estimated age for both in proportion to their race's lifespan.

Just don't assume something and then build up things on it, check it first, learn your facts. You invest so much time in OOC, you should have time for that. Else the base of all you do is wrong and makes things unstable. There are character sheets, which prove the quote above just wrong. She is not an elf, she is an half elf. Those age around 1.25 slower than humans, but not as much as an elf, who ages 5 times slower than a human. The only thing correct was smart. One out of three is below random
guessing.

I also oppose to "Kaliss acts like a monster". He does not. He does talk, he is social, he has traditions, culture and a religion. He can write several languages, and he is smart and wise. So don't compare him to a dog. He might be a bully and brutal in fight if, depending on the situation, but he also explained a lot about his culture. You just chose to either not read or not react on that.

If you would put half as much time and effort into paying attention to other chars, as you put in OOC, much could have been avoided. Try to treat it like a mission briefing, with a copy that at the end, to show others you got what they said. I currently feel too often like the mission is "go to left" and you walk right and then explain why you went right and not left, and why it maybe was not totally wrong, and even ask everybody else to also walk right, instead of correcting the mistake, apologizing and just get over it.

Half-Elf
Starting Age 20 years
Middle Age 62 years
Old2 93 years
Venerable 125 years
Maximum Age +3d20 years

Goblin
Starting Age 14 years
Middle Age 30 years
Old 45 years
Venerable 60 years
Maximum Age +2d10 years

Troglodyte
Starting Ages 15 years
Middle Age 35 years
Old 53 years
Venerable 70 years
Maximum Age +2d20 years
Lizardfolk, and Troglodytes
Races of Faerun states that both age at the same rate as humans.
Last edited by Nerre on Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
:zzz:

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:58 am

Ok so maybe my description of Tokryn's thoughts were confusing.

I will go back and edit(done) my post to make it exactly clear what I was saying.

Thanks

Edit: Theis I dont know if you are still checking this, but it occured to me when Cade and Tokryn get around to discussing what halfling life actually consists of, it will be a potentially hilarious conversation.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Nerre wrote:
I also oppose to "Kaliss acts like a monster". He does not. He does talk, he is social, he has traditions, culture and a religion. He can write several languages, and he is smart and wise. So don't compare him to a dog. He might be a bully and brutal in fight if, depending on the situation, but he also explained a lot about his culture. You just chose to either not read or not react on that.
Nerre, I agree with everything you just said except for the last sentence.

Except for the fact that the Character Tokryn is really filtering things from a very poorly educated position in regards to all of the races. Kaliss is just the largest culture shock of them all to his rather narrow World View.

And you've implied more culture than described it outright to the group as a whole.

But in the end, it was bad communication at both levels.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:36 am

Quarg wrote: Kaliss is just the largest culture shock of them all to his rather narrow World View.
I can agree to that. I did not imply much, but I have to confess that I wrote some as Kaliss' thoughts. Players could have decided to not take this into account, as their chars would not note. Maybe we can sort out the culture shock by a campfire and have some RP-talk.

Would like that much more than further OCC -talk. What you think? Adrena, being an elf, another very cultural and self-assure race, also speaking draconic, helped her status in the group a lot in Kaliss eyes. Also she was in the cage, so obviously she has at least one very dangerous strength the slavers feared.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:20 pm

Actually I think she was just the highest value item...
Sex slaves are more valuable than common slaves...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:20 am

I must admit I haven't been following this game as much as I normally would like to with the things going on. But seems like it will get better now though :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 am

Sorry for my part in that theis.

It seems like we got two options: gear up at the safe house (assuming there is good gear there) and then go after the witch. Or we could go to the village and hope jacon throws us a bone with someone able to remove the mark there.

I would think jacon is likely to help us do the latter rather than the former, and unless he retracts it I still have the amulet to help us find aid in the village.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Let's put it this way. The curse is just another thing I have to keep check on so i'd rather get rid of it...

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 pm

Did jacon just say: go after the witch, you will win so I don't have to track the mark?

I'm not sure but I would be down for going back. Unless the village is closer.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 pm

Either way will have solutions

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Well as a paladin I have obvious reasons for the former, but in the interest of time/safety the latter may be better.

Edit: now that we have a games IRC Should we consider doing some scenes over chat?

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Make shiro attack if you want jacon. I guess I will too if it doesn't screw stuff. Will update tomorrw pm at latest.

Srry thx

Posted.

Jacon I am assuming dailies reset because we camped right? Let me know.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:04 pm

Er...what happened to this game???

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:10 pm

I posted a update and no one really responded. I figured you guys had lost interest and didn't push it. If you guys still wanna play i'm still willing to dm.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

I did miss there was anotjhr update or i posted, dont know. Got not much online time lately, but i would like this to continue.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 am

Jacon wrote:I posted a update and no one really responded. I figured you guys had lost interest and didn't push it. If you guys still wanna play i'm still willing to dm.
Welll I must have missed the update then...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:57 am

I had assumed this game was dead.

I was waiting for others to respond when the loot was laid out so that I could make my choice last. But its been so long now I have honestly lost interest in this game, but in fairness I am also in the process of reducing my presence here in the community. If you guys proceed, feel free to write my character out.