Name: Kaliss
Class Cleric:
Player Nerra.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=735725

Name: Tokryen
Class: Paladin
Player SGT
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=733272

Since everyone has their character sheets pretty much done I thought i'd start us up. Some of you are still lacking dailies so don't forget about that.

You all live in the forest land of Ashren. Once upon time their was a great golden age in Ashren where mighty castles and magic wizards towers were scattered through out the territory. However that time has passed, some unknown great catastrophe cause the mighty nation to fall into a savage dark age. The land is throughly divided up between warring minor barons and small villages. Warlords with small armies often raid any town they come across taking slaves and bounty from the hard working villagers Outside of a village the land is filled with ruins of the old world with great treasures and terrible dangers.

You awaken from dark dreams to discover your hands banded with rope and tied to a small wagon cage. Your hazy memory recollects drinks at a inn that put you to sleep or a ambush that did not go well for you. Their are others tied in a train formation behind the wagon cage. A small stocky goblin, A lithe looking troglodyte, a small halfling and a human. In the cage itself is a half elf girl, her hands banded not by rope but by rusty manacles. The cage is made out of hard bamboo and rope.

Suddenly you pulled upright from you nap by a scruffy hobgoblin who looks like he has seen better days. His face has a sickly color to it and you can see many diseased boils on his face. Their are three others hobgoblin who look to be in the same state, all armed with rusty long swords.
" Get your ass's up. We don't have all day." One growls smacking your arm hard with a long stick. All of you are quickly assembled and begin to walk down the run down path behind the cage pulled by a sickly looking donkey.
You notice the driver seems to be the leader. Unlike the others he is human with a large pot belly and a scruffy beard. He has a mace at his side, He also has a shield and small wooden buckler and is wearing chain mail.

" Once we get to pig village and I get my share from the sale" A hobgoblin mutters to another " I'm gonna treat myself to a couple of cups of their piss poor grog. I wish we were heading to Steel town. They at least have beer that doesn't turn the stomach."

You travel for about half a day without rest or time to talk as the hobgoblins keep a close eye on you. Finally a rest is called and the guards move a fair distance away to enjoy food and drink. They hand you some moldy bread to eat and bowl of water to share. At last you have a moment to breath and talk amongst yourselves.

Cade the halfling notices that a few well placed thieves tools are still hidden in his boot.
Last edited by Jacon on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Re: DND: Ashren.

Post by Nerre » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:57 am

NerrE
We know each other now I think since 2-3 forums ago and an equal amount of years, and still you call me Nerra. Nevermind, somehow it is funny! :lol:

I PMed you my char sheet again, hope it is okay now. My char is a troglodyte cleric named Kaliss.
:zzz:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:41 pm

The woman sits on the floor of the cage, her hands together, her eyes down cast. However, when no one is looking, she is slowly attempting to rotate one of the bars and loosen the lashings.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:46 pm

"Sooo.. How are you guys doing all things considered?"
The halfling finishes the sentence with a little nervous laugh as he look at his surroundings for a blade of some sort. He also takes a look at the cage, trying to determine if he can pick the lock without being noticed by their captives.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Tokryn (pronounced Tock-rin) will stand to his feet and speaks loudly to try to get the attention of his captors. I will use a bluff/diplomacy check, if need be, and am assuming I get their attention at the beginning, if I dont then let me know and I will adjust accordingly.

"You should remove my bands.

We have been walking for a long time, and some of us seem less up to the task than others. I am a healer, let me tend to their feet and make sure they are well enough for the rest of today's travel. You wouldn't want to show up with hobbling slaves, that wont exactly get you a good price. "
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:43 pm

The half elf in the cage keeps her head down trying not to draw attention. Secretly she reaches down and twists the bamboo sticks seeing if she could break the cage by moving the bar. The lashings aren't that tight but it's gonna take some doing to open a hole big enough to escape. One of the hobgoblin looks in her direction but she manages to keep still enough that the hobgoblin looks away. It was a close call and it might attract the attention of the goblins if she does it again.
► Show Spoiler
Cade takes a quick look around for a weapon and notices a small sharp rock. He picks it up quickly without any of the hobgoblins or other slaves noticing. He pockets it for now and eyes the lock on the elf's cage. It's a rusty lock, basic in design. He's pretty sure he could unlock pretty quickly if he could get close.

Meanwhile Tokryn stands up speaks loudly to their captors.

"You should remove my bands.
We have been walking for a long time, and some of us seem less up to the task than others. I am a healer, let me tend to their feet and make sure they are well enough for the rest of today's travel. You wouldn't want to show up with hobbling slaves, that wont exactly get you a good price. "

The goblins mutter amongst themselves and finally the man shoves one of the goblins towards Tokryn
" Their useless to us if their crippled, let him go and tend to them but keep a close eye.."
► Show Spoiler
The goblin mutters in protest but a quick smack by the man sends the hobgoblin running to Tokryn and unbinding. Another goblin steps nearby keeping a wary eye on his stocky cousin.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Adrena has no intention of 'escaping' she wants the bamboo pole as a weapon.

However she notices that the fellow captive has apparently been released to do some healing.

She begins to mutter in a mix of goblin and elvish...pulling an old folk tale of a goblin gold hoard she heard from one of the goblin maids about as a child...

"Narra's hoard...<elvish giberish> ...by the dawn moon....<more elvish giberish> ....the thush....the thrush is thread....<more elvish mumbling>...the gate is found by thread...." She continues to mummble the gibberish about a hoard, hoping that the hobgoblins will be more intrested in trying to get the story out of her than pay attention to the goblin 'healer'.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Adrene thinks it'll take a little longer to remove a bamboo piece to use as a weapon, but if she could snap the bar than she could get two halves that could be used as clubs and get them out quickly to.
She notices the guards keeping a close eye on the freed goblin and starts mumbling hoping to distract them.

"Narra's hoard...<elvish giberish> ...by the dawn moon....<more elvish giberish> ....the thush....the thrush is thread....<more elvish mumbling>...the gate is found by thread...." S
► Show Spoiler
One of the guards hears her and turns.
" What the hell is she saying?" He says walking up to cage. " Be wary Glorg." Snarls the pot bellied man eating his bread. " Elves are a dangerous lot, who knows what tricks are up her sleeves."
" What are you saying elf?" Growls the hobgoblin. " Who is Narra?"

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:50 pm

Tokryn will say a gentle "Thank you" to the goblin before beginning with the closest captive and checking their feet for sores or blisters.

Edit: based on the comments of the halfling and the troglodyte, he will skip them and then check on the human (as they are causing enough of a distraction already)

If any non-magical healing can be done, even by way of ripping strips of cloth from his own garments to bind some of the wounds, he will proceed. Otherwise he will point out to the individuals what sores to watch out for. Should Tokryn find the tools in the halflings boots, he will do his best to help keep them from being revealed while also putting them within his reach (perhaps by accidentally kicking them closer to his hands).

After checking all the captives the human, Tokryn will go and stand by the cage and say "I would like to check this prisoner as well please. It wouldn't be good if she got infected or bled to death because of cuts from those shackles."
Last edited by SGTdude on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:14 pm

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
Adrena will continue to mutter coherent phrases and incoherent phrases together...putting in any details of goblin treasure stories she can recall from her history lessons. She completely ignores the Hobgoblin as though she is actually delirious.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:58 pm

► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:13 pm

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Jacon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:18 pm

► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:19 am

Jacon wrote:"You should remove my bands.

The goblins mutter amongst themselves and finally the man shoves one of the goblins towards Tokryn
" Their useless to us if their crippled, let him go and tend to them but keep a close eye.."
► Show Spoiler
The goblin mutters in protest but a quick smack by the man sends the hobgoblin running to Tokryn and unbinding. Another goblin steps nearby keeping a wary eye on his stocky cousin.
"I iz healer too. Alzo your ropez are no good. It fell appartz" the troglodyte says, sitting upright and holding his hands up for a moment, showing his rope was torn. Then he puts them back on his lap. "I willze not run awayz, only heal otherz and clean ze food." He does not make an attempt to stand up without an ok, so the guards see he does not want to run. Still, the hands with their sharp claws might seem menacing, even if the rope would still bind them together.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Nerre on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:44 am

"No thanks, I don't need you to touch me goblin, I'm better off without that."
Cade
will avoid contact with any of the "healers" that pretty much destroyed any plan of being sneaky for him. But as the guards are close anyways now, he'll take a look to see if they have any visible weapons, or large pockets.

What is the placement of the hobgoblin guards and the human?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:20 am

OOC: Edited above based on others actions, hope that is ok. More in OOC

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:36 am

Gendalr finally completely wakes up. "Huh? Where am I?" he says. "Oh great. I should really stop drinking that much...

"Oh thanks." he responds to the goblin who releases him.

Hey guys, why wont you release me? I wont be very good at being a slave, look at me, I'm so weak, no one will ever want to buy me. I can barley lift my own hands. "
he says to the kidnappers.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:08 am

Tokryn does some minor binding on the human before walking over to the cage
"I would like to check this prisoner as well please. It wouldn't be good if she got infected or bled to death because of cuts from those shackles." He says to the guard listening to Adrene. The hobgoblin nods and reaches into his pocket but stops when the man barks out at him. " The elf is fine, No one is to open that cage until we reach pig town. Who knows what tricks she has up her sleeves."
The hobgoblins shrugs his shoulders and turns back to listen Adrene " Do you mean Narra goblin king?" The hobgoblin says leaning into the cage. " You know where he's treasure was kept?"
► Show Spoiler
The human begins to wake up and thanks Tokryn for tending to his wounds. Than he shouts out to the human.
Hey guys, why wont you release me? I wont be very good at being a slave, look at me, I'm so weak, no one will ever want to buy me. I can barley lift my own hands. "
" Better get strong quick than or i'll sale you to a orc for breakfast." Says the man with a loud harsh laugh.

"I iz healer too. Alzo your ropez are no good. It fell appartz" The trog suddenly says sitting and revealing broken ropes.
"I willze not run awayz, only heal otherz and clean ze food." He says but the three guards eating food draw their blades and warily approach.
" Alright lizard," One growls " No funny moves and you may live to see another dawn." He says slowly taking out another binding of rope from his pocket.
► Show Spoiler
The goblin listening to Adrene turns and also draws his blade and steps next to Cade who notices a small dagger in a sheath on the goblins belt.

Current location of enemies.

Three guards around Kaliss. One guard next to Cade. The human 15 feet away from the group.
Last edited by Jacon on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:32 am

Tokryn will slowly approach the human with his hands at his sides, approaching just out of arms reach before stopping if allowed to get that close.

"Please sir, I understand that we are just slaves. But please let me care for this elf so that she can arrived unharmed. She will be much more valuable to you for buyers with...certain tastes if she is in tact."

Also, though I dont expect to be surprised, if I can detect evil on the area without making a gesture or statement or whatever, I will. I will focus on the human if I have to but would like to know for sure that none of our captors are good. If it will possibly draw attention, then I will not do it.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Cade takes note of how the situation seems to escalate, and if they all keep focus on the troglodyte he will attempt to get free from his bindings. (+7 escape artist and +13 hide to avoid getting noticed in the act)

If succesfull in getting free and no one is looking in his general direction, Cade will attempt to take the knife off the hobgoblin (+7 sleight of hand) and hide it on his person.

With this done, Cade hopes the others would grab enough attention from the hobgoblins and human that he would be able to get to the cage and work his magic without getting noticed and free the half elf woman. (+13 hide, +11 move silently and +7 open lock)

He'll just sit put if there is too much focus on him or right next to him.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:39 pm

"No orc will want me. I barley have any meat on me... " Gendalr says.

"Oh god it hurts! DAMN! GET IT OFF ME! PLEASE!" Gendalr yells as he spots the halfling sneaking in order to catch some attention.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:06 pm

Jacon wrote:"I iz healer too. Alzo your ropez are no good. It fell appartz" The trog suddenly says standing up and revealing broken ropes.
"I willze not run awayz, only heal otherz and clean ze food." He says but the three guards eating food draw their blades and warily approach.
" Alright lizard," One growls " No funny moves and you may live to see another dawn." He says slowly taking out another binding of rope from his pocket.
he did not stand up, he remained sitting to not seem too dangerous. I wrote that.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Adrena decides that somehow the hobgoblins have gotten...way...way over their heads....

She pitches forward in the cage and slowly slides down the side as though collapsing. Her hands however are focusing on trying to unwind the lashings just below her body...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 pm

► Show Spoiler

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Tokryn slowly walks towards the human who watches him warily as he drinks from a waterbag.
"Please sir, I understand that we are just slaves. But please let me care for this elf so that she can arrived unharmed. She will be much more valuable to you for buyers with...certain tastes if she is in tact." He says with his arms at his side.
Tokryn draws on his inner senses and stares at the human. The man has a very bad presence around him, best to be wary.
" ......Alright but make a wrong move and i'll take your head off."
With a growl the man stands up and rudely shoves Tokryn towards the cage.
► Show Spoiler
"No orc will want me. I barley have any meat on me... " Gendalr whines but the human ignores him as he starts to unlock the cage while keeping an eye on the goblin. It's that moment that Adrena pitches forward seemingly in a faint. The human gives a muffled curse as he manages to open the door and grabs her neck roughly checking for a pulse. Adrena tries to unbind the lashing while hiding the act under her body but does not succeed.
► Show Spoiler
Cade meanwhile tries to sneakily remove his bindings while everyones attention is on the trog and the elf. ( 15+7=22. Success.) A moment later the ropes are off and he turns slightly to the hobgoblin next to him watching the elf and tries to remove his dagger ( 20+7=27. Critical success,) Not only does he remove the dagger without notice but also notices a key shape in his pocket and sneaks out a small key ring with two metal keys on it.

He thinks about moving towards the cage but with the human there it's to much attention for him to sneak up and so he holds his ground for now.

"Oh god it hurts! DAMN! GET IT OFF ME! PLEASE!" Gandalr starts to shout but is ignored by the human worried about his money maker and the goblins are to worried about the freed Trog to pay to much attention to his screams of agony. Plus he doesn't think he's that good of a actor.
( Bluff check 5+2=7 failure.)

postion

Three hobgoblins on Kaliss. One hobgoblin next to Cade and Gandalr with his back to them. Human in the cage with Tokryn and Adrena