DND: Ashren.

Home to all current Forum Games.
Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Re: DND: Ashren.

Post by Jacon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:18 am

Cade grabs a necklace with a bone charm on it and throws it over his neck. He loads his crossbow which does make a small clicking sound but for the moment he doesn't hear or see anything to suggest the orc is coming back in. He takes a quick peek out the rotting holes and can see the orc has shifted to the back of the house searching for something. He also grabs two swords. Now his hands are full.

Adrena makes a ghost sound of two large creatures moving to the back of the house. The orcs ears perk up and with a snort he charges around to the back of the house.
She than signals the others to move in.

The other move in as quietly as they can. They can now see what's going on.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 am

Kaliss follows Adrena, sword ready, and ready to cast command with the word "Sleep" to take the orc out of the battle if he is a single guard for a larger group.
:zzz:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Adrena turns and wispers to Kaliss..." Kaliss see what Cade is up to in that shack... I will try to keep the creature distracted..." Adrena moves up to the front corner of the hut while making it sound as if the two loud creatures are in the tree line and bushes now behind the hut...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

Post by SGTdude » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:05 am

► Show Spoiler
Tokryn will speak to Shiro "When you hear the sounds of battle, come join us. Although you could stay here and guard the cart if you wanted. Its your choice."

Tokryn will then use Move Silently (as I understand it I have no ranks in it but +4 racial bonus to checks and am wearing non-metal armor) to move up to Adrena and speak to her. "Shiro is guarding the cart and keeping Rosy quiet. I would like to back him Cade in case there is trouble. Even without a weapon I could be a great help to him if things go bad."

Contingency plans: If, while moving up, I suspect I am heard or detected at all, I will lay on the ground and not move up any further. If I am detected and the orc turns to face me, as opposed to say...going back in the house or going after Adrena, I will charge him to make sure that the Orc comes at me and not the others. But the sneaky sneaky is definitely my plan A.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:08 am

Gendalr will silently move in as well.
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:32 am

Cade will quickly look in the pile to see if there is anything else that look weapon/wand like before crouching near the window, ready to shoot the orc when it decides to come back in. When that happens he will jump out the window and move around the shack to keep it occupied while the others get closer.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:53 am

Kaliss nods and tries to sneak towards Cade, from the other side that the orc is, so he does not spot him.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:51 am

[Ok. Maybe its my fault cuz I posted retroactively due to being unable to post. But at this point I don't know who is where doing what. Jacon?]

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:53 am

Cade: Inside the shack with apparently loot waiting for the Orc to return...
Adrena: Is manipulating a sound spell towards the back of the shack to distract the Orc...
Kaliss: Moving up to the shack to find Cade:

The Orc apparently chasing sounds out behind his shack...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:23 am

Ok I guess I'm up with you then quarg as shiro guards the cart. If that's ok.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:35 pm

( The orc is coming up on the left window..)

Cade shuffles through the pile but doesn't find any new weapons. Just gold coins and strange odds and ends such as a bell, a few broken candles and a copper cup. He than moves back to the window he came in ( right window.) and waits. He sees the orc pass by the left window and could take a shot if he wished. He also hears footsteps of two large creatures from the back of the shack moving away.

The rest except for Adrena make their way down to their front ( Or right side of the shack for Kaliss.) of the shack. It's not very quiet but the orc doesn't come charging back so for the moment your alright.

Adrena continues to move her spell towards the back of the shack.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:56 pm

I will move silently to get into the shack so that I can back up Cade in case things go sideways. Once inside I will look for anything I can use as a weapon.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:23 am

Kaliss tries to smell and hear where Cade and the orc are, he circles around the building to stay on the opposite site to the orc. With the heavy iron boots they have Kaliss hopes the orc is too loud to hear the faint sounds Kaliss bare feet make while he moves.

- If he can hear where the orc is, he will keep his sword pointed to that direction, maybe he can stab him in the moment he will come around the corner. But he will prefer to stay on the opposite site if contact can be avoided. If not:

- If Cade is attacked, he will try to sneak attack the orc from behind with his claws to the neck, else he will attack with the sword.
- If Kaliss is attacked, he will fight back with whatever fits the situation the best. Kaliss will make some noise then so Cade can hear it is him and maybe come to help.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 am

Cade takes the shot if it is within 30 ft of him (sneak attack)

He then talks in orcish
"He's taking the bait, you can get him from behind anytime now."
Cade is ready to jump out the window and load his crossbow again if the orc moves into the shack again.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Cade takes a deep breath, aims and fires. The bolt flies into the burly arm of the orc who stiffens in pain and grunts loudly. ( critical, 12 points.) With a hiss he slowly turns to look into the window and sees Cade with his crossbow pointed at him.." Halfling..." Her growls and with a sudden roar he charges the window crashing through the rotten window. Bits of dusts and wood fragments go flying and the whole shack shakes and starts to collapse. The whole right side comes crashing down and Cade manages to jumps out the left window. The orc himself side steps the falling roof but doesn't break eye contact with Cade. " Your head pike!" He growls hafting his large axe.

Tokryn steps into the main entrance just in time to see the roof fall in. He coughs up some of the dust and takes a step back. He can see the orc glaring at the left window where Cade supposely is.

Kaliss tries to stealth to the left window but he's not very quiet between his lack of experience and the clink of the breastplate armor. He gets to the left window when Cade suddenly jumps out. He can see inside the orc raising his weapon and looking ready to charge.

Gendalr is in front of the house when it starts to collapse. Adrena is still on the hill.

Combat starts next turn.

Positions.
Cade, Kaliss on the left window.
Orc inside the house.
Adrena on the hill ( 1 full round action to move in.)
Gendalr in front of the house.
Tokryn at the doorstep of the house.
Shiro back guarding the cart.

Right side of the house has fallen in.

Damage
orc 11/??

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Tokyryn will attempt to taunt the orc to him. "Hey tiny! Try some who can give you a real fight. Or are you too stupid to understand me?"

If there is anything weaponlike within reach, I will grab it. Even if its just a piece of wood.

Edit: Since Kaliss may be engaging from the window, I will also move in closer to the Orc.
Last edited by SGTdude on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Cade yells back to the orc "My foot, your ass"

He then hands Kaliss a longsword "You're big and strong right? Pretty sure the orc thinks otherwise so prove him wrong!"

Cade then heads towards Tokryn to give him the other longsword hopefully leaving Kaliss between him and the orc, unless he jumps out the wall
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Adrena casts Magic Weapon on her sword as she moves up to support the others...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:55 am

Cade then hands Kaliss a longsword "You're big and strong right? Pretty sure the orc thinks otherwise so prove him wrong!"
Kaliss honors Cade's spirit and offer, by responding "Thank you, but I already got one."
He points his longsword at the orc, so he will maybe impale himself or don't charge, then a flash of wit occurs to him. He deals a powerful kick (15 of 16 strength roled) to the wall in front of him and then stepping back, dealing heavy damage to the already collapsing hut, while he puffs up himself and hisses aggressively in orcish "Stay where you are, or it is your head on a pike!", trying to intimidate the orc so he won't charge but reconsider his action. Maybe he can keep him in the hut so it's collapse will trap him.

Strength 15 (1d16):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4406913/
Charisma 14 (1d15+2):
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4406914/

If the orc attacks, please roll for Kaliss (using his longsword if there is enough distance left, else his claws).

I'mBob
Game Master

Post by I'mBob » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:43 am

Gendalr will cast magic missile on the orc. "Here! take THIS!"
► Show Spoiler
This account is on a hiatus until unknown.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:50 am

INT
Cade 23 Glandalr 18 Tokryn 18 Orc 14 Adrena 10 Kaliss 10

Cade yells back to the orc "My foot, your ass"
" Hrm?" The orc says not quiet understanding.
He then hands Kaliss a longsword "You're big and strong right? Pretty sure the orc thinks otherwise so prove him wrong!"
Kaliss already has one so he doesn't accept it.
Cade makes his way to Tokryn and hands him the sword. He also reloads his crossbow.
Glandalr moves behind Kaliss so he can see the orc and casts magic missile. It strikes his knee and does 2 points of damage.
"Hey tiny! Try some who can give you a real fight. Or are you too stupid to understand me?" Tokryn shouts at him accepting Cades sword and moving towards the orc and takes a swing and connects giving the orc a scratch on his side ( 11 dmg.) The orc is now bleeding from several cuts and doesn't look in a good way but he takes a swing at Tokryn and connects cutting deep into his shoulder. Tokryn crumbles to his knees at 13 points of damage knocks him to 0. The orc growls " Shut up little man."
"Stay where you are, or it is your head on a pike!" Kaliss growls and kicks the shack. The rotting wood crumbles and does six points of damage to the shack. The shack shakes but doesn't fall. The orc grins at the lizard. " I'll have your heart for dinner lizard.

Adrena moves down casting magic weapon. She is near the front of the shack.

Orc 24/???

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:13 am

Yeah. I'm using my daily if possible, although I would like to describe it. So I just need to know if I can at 0hp.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:21 am

Adrena snarls "This is a damn crop up..."

(Pausing here to see what others do...and why do I always get such a damn bad rolls on Initiative?)

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm

( Since it's called last stand and this pretty much fits go ahead and use it.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:40 pm

[To be clear, the italics is thought not speech]
Tokryn feels his strength fade quickly with the blow. This orc was indeed strong. As his knees hit the floor, Tokryn considers giving up for just a moment. A release from the hardship of life into what waits beyond.

But then he remembers the others with him. And Shiro. "NO!"
As he silently urged himself on, he reached deep within and found...something. Grabbing hold of it tightly, he willed himself to stand, feeling some of his strength return. "I will not let you have them."

Speaking out loud, he addresses the Orc before attacking. "Was that supposed to hurt or were you trying to tickle me?"