ToIR

Home to all current Forum Games.
SGTdude
Gives Speeches
UStream Username: SGTdude

ToIR

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:39 pm

Welcome to my forums dungeon crawl. I would tell you what it is about and what to expect, but the very nature of this game makes that impossible. I can only tell you this is a dungeon crawl of sorts and that the DM will put into this at least as much as the players do. So lets get to the rules.

THIMBLE of INORDINATE RANDOMNESS

1. The Game shall be played - The players that play The Game shall begin playing by posting the phrase:
I am playing!
Failure to post this phrase will result in banning from The Game for a random period of time set forth by the DM if playing and/or immediate death (see Rule #2). Players who join The Game are themselves without any fictionalized abilities, skills, or knowledge (for those tempted to cheat by faking said abilities, skills, or knowledge...see Rule #3). The goal of The Game is to find ~The End~. Everything else may or may not be important as randomly decided by the DM.

2. The Game shall less than 10 players - The permanent capacity of The Game is 9 players. The first player to comply with Rule #1 will take the first open spot in the roster, or if The Game is at capacity they will take the first open spot after a current player dies. Any player attempting to reserve a spot in this game shall be punished in accordance with Rule #1.

3. The Game shall kill - Death will be a real, and randomly frequent, element of The Game. Death means inability to interact with The Game. Those attempting to interact with The Game while dead or otherwise not a player will be subject to punishment in accordance with Rule# 1. Death may be preventable, but such circumstances will be announced randomly. In cases where death is a stated punishment, the additional punishment will follow Rule #1. A death shall not be considered as to have counted unless it is announced by the phrase: Thou art dead. Any player found to be dead can re-enter The Game in accordance with Rule #1. A dead player's corpse may be looted or otherwise used until the player rejoins The Game, at which time their corpse ceases to exist.

4. The Game shall follow its format - The format of The Game is that questions or actions will be stated and the DM will respond to said questions/actions. A player may make as many questions/actions as they wish before the DM responds, however the last post from a player will be the post which the DM responds to. Players asking questions regarding the nature of The Game will be punished in accordance with Rule #1, or ignored; questions for information specifically relating to interaction with The Game are permissible, and may also be ignored.

5. The Game shall be free from player-on-player abuse - Any attempt to kill or otherwise abuse another player will result in death and punishment in accordance with Rule #1, unless it has otherwise been cleared in accordance with Rule #3. Any content deemed offensive or objectionable by the DM will result in death and punishment as previously stated, unless the DM randomly decides otherwise.

6. The Game shall be amended - The DM will apply, but not change, these rules as the DM randomly finds to be fitting for the good of The Game. The DM may add to or modify the meaning of any rule at any time but never take away from a rule's basic meaning. Arguing with the DM regarding a rule will result in death, punishment in accordance with Rule #1, and anything else the DM randomly finds to be appropriate.

7. The Game shall be fun - The players shall seek to win The Game and the DM shall seek to make The Game rewarding, while randomly modifying its challenge level. The Game will end when it is no longer fun for all parties currently involved, to include the DM, or until a time randomly appointed by the DM in accordance with Rule #6.

Current DM
SGTdude

Current Players

1 -
2 - Nerre
3 - Theis2
4 - Dlover
5 -BadgeAddict
6 -Quarg
7 - Davecom3
Last edited by SGTdude on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:32 am, edited 38 times in total.
This user has been Banned. (link to the joke)

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: The Thimble of Inordinate Randomness

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:40 pm

ACHIEVEMENTS
First In
Be the first to join The Game and "go forth, brave soul"
Kida - 6 DEC 2013

First Blood
Be the first to kill something
Nerre - 6 DEC 2013

First Out
Be the first to die
Quarg - 6 DEC 2013

3rd Time's The Charm
Join The Game for the first time after two successive banishments
BadgeAddict- 6 DEC 2013

Suck At Life
Embraceth thy suck
Davecom3 - 6 DEC 2013

Lucky 7!
Be player #7
Davecom3 - 6 DEC 2013
Quarg - 6 DEC 2013

That Guy
Be that guy. On second thought...don't. Its really not a complement.
forthcoming
Last edited by SGTdude on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:27 am, edited 12 times in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 pm

The Random Board
[This section may or may not actually have anything to do with success in the game]

Coffee, I think, could quite possibly be the only truly magical concoction in our world.
Last edited by SGTdude on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:49 pm

.emag eht ni gniyalp ma I

...what? I posted the statement.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:50 pm

Because you did not follow the rules you are banned from The Game for....

2 minutes and 38 seconds.
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Davecom3
Chronically Blathering

Re: ToIR [Join while the DM sleeps for a bonus]

Post by Davecom3 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Is there a proper format for a beginning post?

are we role-playing in this game?
may we know the setting if this is the case?

perhaps there are secret rules we'll find out about later?
listening carefully is important, isn't it?
am I allowed to join now, or do I need to wait for more information to be posted?
you mind telling us what ToIR stands for?
is that information allowed?
need we know anything that you haven't stated yet?
general information: how many times are you allowed to join?
!nterest stated.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:43 am

ToIR stands for Thimble of Inordinate Randomness. It's part of the titles of the earlier posts.

SGT, keep in mind it was two minutes between your original post and your surprise at a lack of interest being shown. People here are all over the world, in many different time zones. And very few moniter the forum 24/7. Give it a couple of days. Also, there's a Recruitment section of the Games forum for new games in the recruitment phase.

You say we will be playing as ourselves, without any fictional abilities, skills, or knowledge. What exactly do you mean by that? 'cause as far as this forum goes I am literally a dog. Don't ask how I can type, it's a secret to everybody.

That said: I am playing!
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

kida
Gives Speeches

Post by kida » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 am

I am playing!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:53 am

I am playing!

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

I am playing!

Do we start with any equipment?
Do we have stats or is it just roleplay based?
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
:zzz:

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:49 am

I am playing!

I look around what and who do I see?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:29 am

Davecom3 and Dlover: Because you did not follow the rules you are banned from The Game until a player dies.

Kida has joined The Game and has unlocked the Achievement "First In" and is now unkillable for a random period of time and also has breath that smells of bananas until he dies.

nikohl has joined The Game and receives a bonus items of 1 torch (currently lit) and book of 3 matches.

Nerre has joined The Game and receives the bonus item of 1 shield. Nerre asks questions to no one in particular and wakes up the otherwise sleeping spiders that are in the room.

Theis2 nikohl has joined The Game and receives a bonus items of 1 torch (currently lit) and a pointy stick. Theis2 looks around and sees....
The other players.
A large cavern-like room whose features are not clearly visible because of the little light coming from the torches
And 3 black spiders large enough to consume them all in a single bite rousing from sleep a short distance away.
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:40 am

I shield us from the spiders with my shield, hitting the spiders with it if the come into range. Since I got no weapon, I will kick whatever gets past my shield. If a spider gets killed, I will arm myself with one of its legs. If one starts to burn I will keep some distance to it.

Are there stalagmites on the floor we could break of as weapons? Or cracks/gaps/holes we could try to lure the spiders into?
I ask Dlover if he can call 911 or 110 (german 911) to call for help, since you don't need a Sim-card to make a emergency call. :)

What is the layout of the room or section of the dungeon we are in right now?
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Re: ToIR [Water currently functions as acid]

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:50 am

Dlover is unbanned due to a technicality and has joined The Game and receives a bonus items of an old wool sack and a Nokia cell phone (without SIM card).
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:53 am

I set one of the spiders on fire and retreat so that I am not attacked by a flaming spider.

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:58 am

nikohl hurls his torch towards a spider and flees in total darkness, tripping and hitting his head against something hard which knocks him unconscious until 2 spiders have died.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:18 am

I, aware of the fact spider really shouldn't attack anything not caught in their web or threatening them, keep a respectful distance from the spiders ad examine my phone. After careful examination, and being that emergency services can be called with or without a sim card, dial the local emergency number.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 am

I are playing!

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:27 am

BadgeAddict because you did not follow the rules you are banned from The Game for...

Until I get off work.

Dlover you furiously press buttons on your phone to no avail as it has no power. The spider that is currently on fire flails into you and you lose 1 of 76,314 HP.

Nerre you manage to block 2 spiders and kick one for 1DMG. It dies. You grab the arm of the dead spider and now have a spider club.
Last edited by SGTdude on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:28 am

I am playing!
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

SGTdude
Gives Speeches

Post by SGTdude » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:33 am

Quarg has joined The Game and receives...

a bonus to be stated later because the GM is currently busy.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:35 am

I will locate Nikohl and carry her back to the rest/have the rest follow me to her as I'm the only one with a Torch.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:38 am

I go with Theis to find Nikohl.
My game:

My characters:

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:43 am

I try to hit the second spider with the spider club if it is within range, else I spit at it (cause water currently functions as acid), while still shielding us against the other two. I follow the light in our group. I also try to see if the burning spider has died from the flames. When all three spiders are dead, I take care of Nikohl and bandage her head, if it is more than a bump. Then I wake her up.
I suggest to the group to arm everybody with a spider club.

Are there parts of the spider we could use for more torches, some that easily catch fire but also burn for a while? I don't know if spiders have much fat or some kind of oil on them.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:04 am

Because you did not tell me when you get off of work, I will assume that you have no job, thus:

I am Playing!