Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Home to all current Forum Games.
nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by nikohl » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:52 am

"I guess you're right. It just seems like we won't ever be able to get back to how our life was before. We lost so many things, so many people, that maybe we'll never really be the same again." Yala sniffs and shrugs her shoulders, looking up at Min sadly. "But we should try, right? For everyone's sake. Being sad won't make it better. Hard work and time might." She gives a faint smile and scrubs at her face with clenched fists to wipe it dry. It seems that she feels better already, her tears and outburst having some kind of cathartic effect.

She sits up and picks up one of the ovals of fur, turning it over in her hands. "I think shoes are probably a good start. Since I've already begun, I may as well finish them. I'll gather more materials for them tomorrow. I guess people will come back from the tomb soon, and then we'll have dinner. Do you want to cut up the fishes with me? We could have them ready before everyone gets back...that would be a nice surprise, right?"

[OOC: Anyone else still here? :s]

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:21 am

Points 38
paragraph +1
Total 39

Boe had trouble following the others to the burrial cave, but he did his best to keep up with the rest. He hadn't really heard about Ril's death as most people had silently mourned her, and he hadn't been much at the camp before today, and his mind had been focused on himself rather than anyone else. He felt a bit guilty for being able to miss knowing about such an important event. He had grabbed the flower bracelet he made earlier, thinking he should give something to her as the others did as well, but he hadn't been able to prepare anything, so this was better than nothing.

He was the last to enter the cave, due to his injury and he refused to be in the way. Once in the cave, he but the bracelet around Ril's arm and drew some floating lines to the side of the main drawing. He didn't know much about her except she loved water with a passion. At least a bit of the drawing should resemble that he thought.
Once out, he noticed the two girls running in the distance, he was sure he had seen them in the cave, so it wasn't because they forgot something they wanted to give Ril so it had to be something else. What was it with people in this tribe causing them to run away from the rest all the time?
Boe sat down pondering about this and resting his leg before the return trip.
► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Starting points: 57
Spending:0
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 58

"No, of course we won't be the same as before." Min admits without hesitation. "Part of who we are is defined by our experiences. And we have experienced a lot in these harsh times during the exodus. But we can hopefully have a life that's - to some extend - similar to what we had. Someday, there will be new tribe members to help our tribe grow again after it was diminished by every last person we lost, and in the meantime the bonds between the remaining ones will be that much stronger. Because we have been through so much together."

Min gives Yala one last reassuring squeeze and a gentle and encouraging pat onto her shoulder. "Yes, getting the fish ready for the feast is a great idea. I would very much like doing that with you." Min flashes a warm, caring smile at Yala and goes to stoke the fire a bit, adding more wood as needed.

reposting point system for own convenience
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

I think the game's kind of on its last legs now, but I'm happy to keep running it as long as a few people are playing. At the minute no-one except me, Gathers, and Theis have posted in over a week.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:34 pm

I'm kinda just waiting for dinner. Didn't really see anything that might provoke a post from me.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:39 am

I'm with Jacon, just waitin' for the dinner. Good premise but it doesn't stand up well to play-by-post.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:15 pm

You're all still at the burial site. Dinner can't happen until people return to the cave, really.

The game's not really designed to need me to prompt everyone between posts, that's why there aren't "turns" - but if no-one wants to participate any longer, that's okay with me.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 am

► Show Spoiler
After a while Hitto returns to the cave with the berries. He puts them where the others put the berries collected the other day, then he returns to the fire place. He takes another look on the glas shard he found and then on the clay. When he finds small amounts of sand in the clay, sometimes like bubbles filled with sand, he pushes the glass shard into the fire with a stick, deep into the bright and hot embers of the fire and waits a while, helping the others with preparing dinner. When he returns to the fire he sees the shard has turned into a orange, indicating it is quiet hot. Carefully he pushes it out of the fire and notices it is soft and the stick deforms it if he presses hard enough.
He pokes it onto a flat stone and then hits it with another stone until it turned into a dark red. It is very flat on one side, but still round and thick on the other. Hitto, not wanting anybody to step on the hot material, puts the stone directly at the fire place wall. Then he gets another idea and forms a bit of clay into a little bowl and puts sand in it. Then he pushes it into the embers and goes for a little walk to where the kids had found the clay, looking for sand. While rivers often carry and produce sand, it not often settles down. Much more often it is just beds of pebbles along and inside the river where it is slower and calmer. But sand is so fine it only settles where the water is most placid. He walks a while until he finds the spot with traces of hands and sticks digging. A little island in the river keeps the strong current from this calm side arm. At the riverside he finds several sand spots, even a little bank which consists of a mix of pebbles and sand. He grabs a few large leaves and wraps sand into them, until he has about two hands full. Then he returns to the caves, putting all the sand in a large bowl for later experiments and sits down by the fire for dinner. He tries to spot the little bowl he put in, but with people being busy cooking he has to wait until they are done.

OOC:
► Show Spoiler
:zzz: