Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: Cavemen: Survival of the Fittest

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 am

Points 47
Paragraph +1
Finishing the grass mat -2
Points 46

Boecan't help laughing at Min's attempt to smell the contents of the waterskin. The few wasted drops was definitely worth seeing her reaction to it.

"How on earth did you even come by some of that? It's not like you can walk up to one of them and politely ask for a sample..."
Boe isn't completely suprised by the question but happily answers it as it is pretty simple.
"Remember the wildcat that attempted to sneak into our camp some time ago? While we were still fleeing. I were one of the people that helped to kill it. I saw the opportunity to empty it's bladder in case we wanted to use it to prevent certain animals from coming near us. I'm just glad I got another waterskin for just water instead!" Boe grins as he says the last part

Boe nods and smiles at Min's corrections to his mat. He was certain it was worse than what she made it seem to be but relieved to see it was okay. He gladly accept the help to finish of her mat and learn how to finish his own once he get that far with it. But he also had some other plans for the one he would make on his own.

"Well, there you have it: Your first hand made grass mat. You should be proud of yourself, you just learned a new skill!"
"Seems I did. Guess I have to put my newfound skill to good use then!"

Boe is taken by suprise as Min storms away and back again with a stick in hand and lifts him up.
"Put your arm over this piece up here, hold onto here in the middle with your hand and every time you would use your wounded leg, just lean onto this, instead. The side limb on the other end is meant to offer more stability than having it end in just a pole."
Boe stands confused at first as he isn't sure what to do with it. He walks around a little bit, trying to get a feel for it. He finds it really hard to do so and most of all just doesn't feel right compared to walking normally. With his current condition though it's still a huge improvement that will free him from crawling or needing a wall or person to walk around. He still can't do any of the things he usually do, but at least he will be free to walk around near the cave without help.
Boe smiles at Min when he realises that and extends his free hand towards her. When she grabs it he pulls her close to him and embraces her in a hug using both of his hands (and using her for support instead of the stick still in his hand). He then whisper to her.
"Thanks a lot Min. I really like this.. Walking stick."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:05 am

► Show Spoiler
While Gereth collects some berries, Hitto at least grabs one and carefully tastes it, but to his disgust it doesn't taste good but foul and his mouth became very greasy from the oil. He spits it out, but having found out it is oily, he rubs it and a few more at the tip of one of the sticks he brought. "Bahh!"
"What do you collect them for?" he asks Gereth. "The oil?"
He lights the stick at his ember basket, following Gereth inside, carefully holding his make-shift torch so it does not go out. But the oil should help to avoid that. He keeps his other hand close to the club, just in case.

Before they enter, he shouts up to Yarl
"Yarl, get down here, we are going inside."
:zzz:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:37 am

Starting points: 61
Spending: 0
Earning: 1 (full paragraph)
Final points: 62

Min watches with unconcealed glee as Boe follows her instructions and tries out the crutch. Her smile grows even wider when she sees it fulfill its intended purpose, just like she had hoped it would, as Boe grows used to it a little and employs it ever more successfully.

"Thanks a lot Min. I really like this.. Walking stick."
She's completely baffled by Boe suddenly pulling her into a hug, and her cheeks turn red in surprise and at feeling his breath in her ear as he whispers to her. Min is very happy about having found a way to repay Boe's kindness of gifting the bunny to her. She's even more glad that she seems to have found something that he likes so much he feels like hugging her for it, just like she felt when she had received the rabbit.

Min carefully pulls back from his embrace just enough that she can look up in his eyes, because she doesn't want him to stumble without the support of the stick, to try and talk some sense into him about wandering off while he's still wounded.
"I'm glad you like it, Boe. I'm always happy to help." Min smiles.
"But please promise me that you won't abuse the additional mobility you gain from this 'walking stick' to wander about much when you should be resting and staying where it's safe. It is meant to help you get where you need to go, not to make you overexert yourself or put you in danger." Min looks at him with a pleading look in her eyes and genuine worry for him clearly displayed on her face. "The cat is still out there and it's probably rather aggressive, since it's wounded. I couldn't live with myself if it ended up getting you, just because I came up with this silly little thing and you used it to waltz right into the cat's paws, before you're back to full health again, and in any condition to survive another encounter with it. Will you promise me not to walk off? Please?"

reposting point system for own convenience
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:52 am

Yarl carefully stands up and reaches, and although nearly falling, he latches on to a branch of the large tree bough that hangs above him. Pulling the branch down closer he takes a few moments to carefully pluck the ugly round things from the tree and place them gently in a small leather pouch that he stored in his bad for such occasions as this. "Yarl, get down here, we are going inside." Hitto shouts up at him, startling him for a moment before realizing it was only Hitto. After filling his pouch with the squishy berries, Yarl clambers down the large rocks, sliding to a rough halt near the mouth of the cave. "You aren't the boss of me Hitto, I was just coming in this direction." Yarl snarls a bit at Hitto for his bossiness before peering into the darkness of the cave.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:56 am

Hitto, a bit perplexed by the snarling response, looks at him for a moment, the he says "It's the chiefs order to stick together, not mine. I only repeated it and added what we plan to do. I could not see where you were or what you were doing." while trying to illuminate the cave with his torch.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 am

--GM Post--

Hitto's makeshift torch takes longer than usual to light, as if the oil resisted the fire for a few seconds or the embers were not hot enough. But after a little while, the oil catches fire and burns very well with a clear, smoke-free flame. The three scouts do not think it will last as long as a torch made tightly packed with tinder and straw, as there is less fuel for the fire to consume and here there is only a few drips of oil on a bare stick, but the oil is clearly usable in this way.

As soon as the two men at the front (Gereth and Hitto) enter the cavemouth with their source of light, a panicked screeching fills the air and the men are immediately buffeted by wings and tiny claws as a number of large and small bats flee away from the intruders into their roost, flapping and squeezing past them in their bid to escape. Besides the shock, and the torch nearly being put out by a bat flying at it, Hitto and Gereth are unharmed by this. Yarl, who was bringing up the rear after climbing down from the rocks, can see that the bats circled the cave once and then flew away towards the cliff face and disappeared into the distance.

When the shock of bats-to-the-face has passed and the torch stops flickering, the three explorers can now see the contents of the cave fully illuminated. It is the size of one of the larger side-caves at the Home Cave, although the walls slope sharply down so they can only really stand quite cramped together in the centre area, underneath the jagged areas on which the bats had made their roost. The floor is covered in a layer of white bat guano, intermixed with leaves, twigs and half-eaten dropped berries of various sorts, slowly decaying. In amongst the guano and detritus are numerous bat skeletons.

As they look around, they hear a hissing sound that increases in volume, and their eyes are drawn to the furthest corner of the cave itself, wherein lie coiled up a pair of long and oddly-coloured snakes. The first appears creamy-beige, but it's scales darken as they go along its body, getting greyer and greyer until they are almost black at the tip of its tail - its body features a wide white stripe, and its eyes appear huge thanks to two black stripes beside each. The second is a grey-blue colour and covered in mottled black patterns. They are both guarding a pile of bright white eggs in the far corner of the cave, and they raise up and hiss threateningly at the three men illuminated by torchlight. As they watch, a third snake (also grey-blue) slithers out from behind a loose rock to join its companions. The three snakes are each as long as a man, but only as thick as a child's arm.

[Edited to add: I forgot to include a nicely updated picture that Badge made with the original Cave post, so here it is now:]
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by nikohl on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 am

Points 46
paragraph +1
Total 47

"Will you promise me not to walk off? Please?"
Boe looks at her and thinks for a short bit before touching her forehead with his. He knew what his answer would be without thinking, but he wanted to show he was putting some thoughts into it and not just saying what she wanted to hear.
"I promise you that I will stay inside or very close to the cave where I'm safe from the cat. For my own safety and because I wouldn't want to hurt you, by getting injured because of your great ideas."
Boe smile to Min and rub her shoulder to comfort her.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:59 pm

[Yala]

Yala made good progress to the forest's edge, jogging when she was past the area with all the rabbit holes and less likely to trip and fall into a hole. She made good time to her destination, moving first to the edge of the river between the side of the forest and the marshy area where she had previously found the reeds. She refilled her waterskin, having drunk plenty during the last day since she first filled it, and washed her face and hands in the water. She shook them dry and then turned to face the edge of the forest, looking for both thick and thin vines. Several large vines grew and hung from the trees here at the edge of the forest, and a sturdy creeping plant had encircled one of the weaker, smaller trees and begun to strangle it. Yala cut this particular plant off at the very base, and then stripped the feelers and offshoots from the stem as she walked round and round the tree, unravelling it as she went. She kept the main stem of the vine in one long piece, and looped it round her waist and shoulder as she walked. Once the whole plant was loosed from the stifled tree, she dropped the coil on the ground and went back to gather some of the dangling vines. After a few short minutes of work, Yala had gathered multiple loops of various different vines and stems in different thicknesses. Judging that she had enough for now and a couple spare for anyone else who might need them, she picked up the long loop that she had previously dropped, and turned back towards the Home Cave.

Halfway home, while picking her way through the rabbit warren plains once more, Yala spotted something that caught her attention. She moved cautiously towards it, and realised it was a dead bird with mostly white feathers, aside from a splash of shiny black and grey on the wings. She crouched down to poke at it with a stick, and noted that it seemed to have no wounds, and had not been gnawed at or moved by any opportunistic scavengers. She concluded that it had died quite recently, since nothing had attempted to make a meal of it. Picking it up by its legs, folding its wings carefully back in to make it as compact as possible, and putting it into her sling bag face-down, she carried on back towards home.

(Yala points -3 for collecting as many vines as she can in a short time, -1 for finding dead bird, +1 post. Total 16.)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 pm

+1

"I suggest slowly backing up" Hitto whispers. The sight and possible threat of the snakes completely washed away the shock of the bats flying around them, which was far less frightening in comparison, but much more surprising and unexpected. Hitto had expected something dangerous living in here. Maybe not snakes, but still, they did not surprise him as much as the huge amount of bats suddenly being around him without much warning. Once he got a bit away, he adds "Or would you kill them? They got beautiful scales, but there is also a nest. I don't like killing things to find a home for our dead. Maybe we can even use them to guard our dead if we can distract or tame them. In that case we should not decimate them now if it can be avoided. Also, we might use their poison on weapons later if we can capture some alive. What you think?" he both asks Gereth and Yarl.

OOC: Bit tired, so rather short. Got more ideas, but no time left. I like it. I have to confess I fully forgot about the picture being given to us back then. I did draw it a bit taller, but similar. :)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 pm

" First it's outrunning bears and now he wants to tame snakes..." Gereth says with a sigh. " I've never encountered this breed before so they might not even have poison. Still Yarl, be of some use and kill them with your sling. Fengo likes scales and you can present them to him as a gift once were back. As far the eggs, we'll find out tasty they are once were done."

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Starting points: 62
Final points: 63

"Thanks, that means a lot to me." Min is relieved that Boe has given her words proper contemplation and promised her to stay near the caves. It shows on her face. She is also quite confused at him making both their foreheads touch and rubbing her shoulder. Which also shows on her face.
Why hasn't he let go of me yet? Min thinks to herself and starts to feel a little awkward about this.

"Well, I'm glad that's all sorted out, then. If you're quite done thanking me, I promised Vera to meet her, and I still need to get something vital for that meeting. So I should really get going now, or I'll be late." Min states and if he doesn't take the hint and lets go of her on his own accord, she carefully disengages Boe, mindful to hand him back the walking stick for support in any case.

Min waves Boe a quick good bye and, after grabbing her pointy stick and the empty backpack - you never know if you find something worth gathering on the way - from the cave, sets out to look for Muck, to tell him she's ready and to lead him to where they are supposed to meet Vera and [tribe member].

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:40 pm

Starting: 22
Used: 5
Added: 1
Total: 18

Koael goes off to the cave after he has cut down all he can and seaches for flint and tender. He grabs some ash and dry sticks to add to the fire he is going to create. He then walks back to the patch and puts down the tinder and sticks and starts the fire, he is not the most experienced, but he can start a fire after some time. The plants he pulled out or cut did not catch at first, but the sticks did catch on fire. Koael gets some berries to spill over the patch while it was burning and keeps an eye on the flame, water skin at ready. The fire did not last for very long, but it was good enough, most of the greenery is either ash or is charred. After the fire went out he threw ashes and more berries on top.

After he was done with the fire he goes around to search for sticks at least half of his height. He gathers 8 sticks of similar size and places them around the patch upright, and grabs some of the thorny vines and starts tying them on the sticks and ends up with three rows of the thorny vines on the poles. There is one stick which is not tied to one of the sides, and it is marked with a small chunk of fur tied onto it.
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm

+1

" First it's outrunning bears and now he wants to tame snakes..." Gereth says with a sigh. " I've never encountered this breed before so they might not even have poison. Still Yarl, be of some use and kill them with your sling. Fengo likes scales and you can present them to him as a gift once were back. As far the eggs, we'll find out tasty they are once were done."
"I said tame OR catch alive. I thought it was worth a try. Some are colorful and easy to spot, like if they want to say 'don't get to close to me, I am dangerous'. Think about a fire salamander being part yellow. It burns to touch them. Smaller animals which are also weak and don't defend themselves like that often fade in to their environment so they are hard to spot. Like rabbits and mice or frogs. Yarl, can you try to not break the eggs? If they have poison glands, we might be able to bread some of them by the fire. Might be of much use against the cats and other large predators." Hitto says, releasing a part of his rope from his shoulder, around 4-5 meters. He uses the end to distract the snakes to hopefully get away from the eggs, by sending calm waves into the rope by waving his hand a bit, which move along the rope without him having to be too close to them.

In case one advances to far towards the three men, Hitto will try to whip it with the rope end to make it go back. Else he will back up to keep his distance.

If they bite into the rope or pay most of their attention to it, Yarl might have an easier target, as Hitto experienced that some snakes tend to not let go right away after they bit something.

OOC: Will go to bed now, I am curious how this ends. Try not to kill everything. ;)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:05 pm

25 points + 1(for post) - 5 (killing 1 snake, capturing 2) = 21

With practiced ease, Yarl places a stone within his sling while he slowly pulls it from his belt. Then he pauses for a moment with a horrible thought, if he hits and kills one of them will the other two attack? Hesitant to cause a bad outcome and thinking quick on his feet, Yarl slowly removes his leather sack that was over his shoulder. After removing the small pouch containing the bitter berries and throwing it behind him so that it fell outside the cave, Yarl slowly unfolds that sack so that it is a large piece of relatively flat leather.

Yarl carefully slipped the large stone that he had hit Hitto with into his sling and readied it with his right hand; he held the piece of leather in his left. Like this he advanced upon the three snakes with caution until he was crouching about half a manÔÇÖs height away from the snakes. In one swift action he swung his sling around and down as hard as he could, crushing one of the serpents heads. Quickly following up his action he threw the piece of leather over the heads of the remaining two snakes and threw himself onto the skin. He could feel their bodies writhing beneath him as he knelt on their bodies to keep them from escaping. ÔÇ£Quickly, smash themÔÇØ he yelled as he pointed toward what he hoped were their heads as he tried to contain the frantic squirming of the snakes.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:23 pm

► Show Spoiler
"Coming!" Hitto jumped to help him, using his bone club to hit the snake heads below the leather. Please spirits, don't let it bite us, we are trying to claim that cave for you. Please please please.

OOC: Spending 5 or 10 points on this, not sure if I have to pay for each snake kill or for the attack as one action.
Edit: Thanks Nikohl for the info: 5.
Last edited by Nerre on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:52 am

Starting points: 63
Final points: 64

On her search to find Muck, Min walks by Elto, who seems to be planning the burial for Ril. Min walks up to him and clears her throat.
"Sorry for interrupting you, Chief," Min says with a nod of her head as he looks up at her to show her respect, "but I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday. I know that running off alone into the wild in the middle of the night was a very dangerous and very irresponsible thing to do, and I am sorry for not only putting me into danger, but the ones sent after me as well. I just wasn't thinking clearly at that moment, in fact I may not have been thinking much at all at that point."
Min
blushes a bit in shame and casts her eyes down momentarily, before facing Elto again. "I hope it will not lead to you thinking less of me."

After a little pause for his reactions (if any) and some thoughts of her own, Min adds: "Also, I was wondering if there was something you wanted me to do during Ril's funeral, or if I can help with that in any other way. Not right now, mind you, but I am sure I could free up some time in the afternoon for any task that needs doing."

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:57 am

(Ooc to nerre: 5pts will be fine for bopping the snakes on the head. I'm on my way home from work so will post properly in a little while.)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Elto nods as he listens to Min. "You are right, it was a foolish thing to do. But everyone makes mistakes. As long as you recognise it and learn from it, then it is OK. Thankfully, nothing came of it. As for the funeral - until this cave is scouted out and we find out whether it is a suitable tomb, there is nothing more to be done. Ril's spirit is safely gone, the body she left behind is washed and anointed and ready to be interred. I completed the ritual to produce her death-paint on the day she was found. All we have left to do now is wait until the scouting party returns. If the cave is suitable it must be cleaned and made ready, then we must all go there to see the body sealed away, pay our respects and mark the walls with Ril's paint. If the cave is not suitable, I don't know what we'll do...continue looking, I suppose, although tradition frowns upon a body being left in the home-cave too long."

--

GM input:

As Hitto pounces on the sack-covered snakes and bashes at where he thinks the heads are, both he and Yarl feel them thrashing around beneath him. After one or two good hits, the serpents fall still, either dazed or dead - they will not know until they look.

[When they do look, they're dead :P]

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:26 pm

[When they do look, they're dead :P]
=> the snakes or Yarl and Hitto? ;)

"Okay, we should lift it while backing up quickly at the same time, just in case that was not enough." Hitto says, keeping his club ready.
Last edited by Nerre on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:54 am

Starting points: 64
Final points: 65

"Thank you for being so understanding about my mistake. I sure hope nothing similar will happen again anytime soon.
And good job on being so organized about the funeral. To be honest, I wouldn't have been looking forward to ... washing or embalming Ril. Her death, after we had finally found refuge here and I deemed us to be somewhat safe, was rather shocking to me. But I would have done whatever task needed doing, nevertheless. Both as last service to her, as well as for the tribe." Min
is glad to have had this conversation with Elto, nods - out of respect - and waves as she is leaving.

Then Min strolls around the cave, looking for Muck.

► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:22 am

[Yala]

Yala continued home, passing the large boulder that looked like a cracked egg that seemed to mark the beginning of the rabbit-warren filled area behind it, with her arms mostly full of coiled up vines and climbing-plant stems. It would only be ten more minutes of wandering before she was back outside the cave and able to give the vines to the builders. As she walked she saw a young red wicker-willow bush, and stopped by it to gather more supplies. She put down all her loops of vine and her bag, and spent a good few minutes cutting back the bush to a low height and dropping the long, thin switches into a pile. She knew the bush would be useless for the rest of the year, but that it would not die from the treatment: by this time next year, it would have grown back larger than it already was now. Another useful find for the tribe! Pleased with her bounty of willow, she bound it tightly together with one of longest loops of vine all along the length of the bundle, and twisted the ends into a makeshift strap, so that she could tie the large bundle of whippy twigs to her back. Resorting to scooping up the remaining vines in her arms and carrying her bag in her hands, since her shoulders were now full, she trudged towards home. The willow was not too heavy, though it was very large and long, so she looked quite ridiculous walking with the sticks sprouting either side of her shoulders like giant wings. Luckily the day was not too windy, or her journey would have been much slower and more likely to result in her falling over considerably more.

(+1 post, -3 gathering willow, total 14. This is the tree/bush used in wicker basketweaving, old style brooms, etc)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:06 am

[Yala - as you all may have noticed, I don't award myself or Badge bonus points when I update, so I'm running low: Also feeling creative, thus double-post.]

Arriving back at the cave, Yala unburdened herself of her armfuls of vines and her bag outside, and untied her bundle of willow sticks. She delivered the thickest vines to the villager building her hideworking frames, and upon seeing Durang was crafting weapons, she gave him some of the strong and thin creeper-plant stems to help secure the tools' heads onto their shafts. The leftover strings and vines, she looped back up and hung on outcroppings of rock inside the caves for anyone to use. She dropped off her bag and the dead bird in the cave she shared with Min.

Yala returned outside to the bundle of willow sticks, and sat down beside the pile with her knife. She stripped all the offshoots and leaves from the sticks and made one pile of these, then cut the thinner and pointier tips off each stick, about an arm's length, and set those separately again. What she was left with after stripping and cutting off the tips was a long, straight switch of willow as tall as her. She put the thinnest switches together on one side of her, and the thicker ones in another. Once she had finished preparing the switches, she took the offshoots to the pile of material kept for the Smoking Rig, which was now large and plenty enough to smoke all the hides and leftover meat that the tribe had. The thinnest of the switches were bundled back up and taken inside, and left away from the fire.

She spread out the willow sticks in front of the cave to dry, beside the reed canes she had already set out to dry. She kept them apart in the two original piles: the thicker switches and the cut-off tips. It would take a day of good sunshine and breeze to dry them out, but then they would be very useful.

(+1, total 15.)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 am

Spending Boro's Points--

Yala sees Durang's hollowed stone in the fire, with the sinew and connective tissue boiling down. She wants to make more glue for later, but there is no room left in the stone and nowhere to store it. Seeing that Boro has nothing to do right now, she asks him whether he could collect the right type of non-porous stone to make more of these bowls, and work on chipping them into the right shape. She also suggests that strong shells from the waterfall pond might also work, as she has seen several people in the caves using hollowed out nuts and shells to store the few pastes and potions that were brought with them in the exodus.

Boro kills two birds with one stone in his set task, and takes his bag to the waterfall. While he's there he refills his skin from the waterfall and fills his bag with an assortment of discarded clam and mussel shells, then on his way back, he collects round rocks from inside the waterfall-tunnel, resulting in the lit area nearest the home cave being cleared of rubble. Those stones that are too big, too small or the wrong texture, he piles around the entrance to the waterfall tunnel. Once he has an assorted pile of rocks he sits outside the cave by the building site and uses his hammer and a pointy stone to chip at the rocks. He will be working for quite some time, but at the end of his toil he will have 10 bowls of various depths and sizes. They will be heavy and they are not particularly smooth on the inside, but the important part is that they are watertight.

(Boro's points: -10 for crafting bowls and gathering shells. The tribe now has 4 large roughly hewn bowls (head-sized), 4 medium bowls (think soup bowl) and 2 small bowls (hand-sized) - they also have 15 palm-sized freshwater mussel shells.)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Gereth ignores the snakes as he figures them already dead. Instead he starts searching the cave for anything of interest. Maybe flint to make weapons with.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

After making sure they are dead, Hitto asks Yarl "Can you put them in your bag? I would like to give one to Yala as a present. Maybe she can make a sling or water skin from it. It looks pretty with those scales, should be harder to damage than the skin of animals which had hairs. I could put them in my ember basket but I don't want to risk scorching them."