Cavemen: OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Re: Cavemen: OOC

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 pm

I hope it's okay, that I wanted to 'sneak' in this scene before life starts bustling in the tribe again. Min really couldn't handle another situation where everyone is staring at her in such a short time again. ^^*

@ burns: Min might get around to help Koael later. I just really would like to know how this scene with Muck plays out first. :thumbsup:
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:20 pm

I got something planned with the clay, please leave it for Hitto. :)
Just in case somebody spotted in the list. Basic pottery we can do anyway, so nobody has to invent it.
:zzz:

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 pm

I made a post to use up some of Durang's points, so they don't all go to waste. I'm assuming that building/crafting material is something that (almost) everyone in this tribe/game would welcome. (I know Yala wanted to get a tall rack, and with Boro's player logging in the last time in October, I doubt that he'd get it done for her any time soon.)

If anyone wants to use Durang for something else today, please go ahead, he doesn't have to work the young trees into poles, that's easily something someone else can do just as well.
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 pm

@Badge: too bad that Min isn't back in the cave atm. She would have tried to help Yarl at the blinnk of an eye. She might have had a few choice words for Gereth for causing so much pain. Ah, well, probably better this way. :greenie:

@ nikohl: Please don't worry too much. :) I'm well aware that planting/gardening is a long term project. On the other hand, I hope it won't eat up much time per day to keep it maintained. That way it can be some sort of 'side project'. It's not like we can help the plants grow, by spending a lot of time with them. :lol:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Well after the land is sorted out it will be easy to maintain, pull out what should not be there and water. Pulling out weeds should be done once a week, and watering every day or every other day.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:@ nikohl: Please don't worry too much. :) I'm well aware that planting/gardening is a long term project. On the other hand, I hope it won't eat up much time per day to keep it maintained. That way it can be some sort of 'side project'. It's not like we can help the plants grow, by spending a lot of time with them. :lol:
Arch Lich Burns wrote:Well after the land is sorted out it will be easy to maintain, pull out what should not be there and water. Pulling out weeds should be done once a week, and watering every day or every other day.
Yeah - once the garden is up and running and you guys have spent your points and it's all working well, you won't have to spend more points on it and the watering and such can always be delegated to the rest of the tribe. However, the issue is that even if your first raspberries that you plant start to grow, according to google, they don't even fruit for the first year. So it's going to be a hell of a long term thing, given that it's been a couple of months to roleplay three days :shock:

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:08 pm

posting soon. sorry for the delay, gathers!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14 am

nikohl wrote:Yeah - once the garden is up and running and you guys have spent your points and it's all working well, you won't have to spend more points on it and the watering and such can always be delegated to the rest of the tribe. However, the issue is that even if your first raspberries that you plant start to grow, according to google, they don't even fruit for the first year. So it's going to be a hell of a long term thing, given that it's been a couple of months to roleplay three days :shock:
Well, maybe at some point you'll be able (and willing) to shift gears and let time progress faster. I mean you (the GMs) meant for the game to allow the PCs and NPCs to procreate, after all. (Iirc, you explicitly posted the point cost for 'making a baby' ... o:) ) Once the tribe has really settled in and the NPCs have learned enough that the tribe can be well fed, clothed and safe without the help of PCs, there would be not that much need to play as slow as there is now, unless some interesting event (migrating prey animal herds, new predators coming to the valley, flooding of the river, ... - the possibilities are sheer endless) is in progress.
But hey, it's your game, and so far it's awesome. I'm sure whatever you'll do it will turn out fine. :thumbsup:

Mereneth wrote:posting soon. sorry for the delay, gathers!
Please, no worries. Real life always comes first.
I'll gladly admit that I am a bit curious, though, and thusly looking forward to reading your post, whenever you get around to making it. ;)
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:27 am

You hit the nail on the head Gathers. You just came to this place and are still exploring it and investigating every nook and cranny. Making the place safe and finding out where resources should be found etc is a big task and once that is more complete we might see time moving faster.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 pm

I'm sorry to bring this up again after so many weeks, but some weeks ago I was asked to post some information about Nerre's claims and accusations regarding Gathers and had been too busy to get to this before now. While I am in no position to comment on the goings on of this game, I do have a few things to say about the way Gathers has been treated and her position in this forum. Below, those who are interested can find pm's I sent Nerre regarding this situation. In most cases I wouldn't post these, but I feel that Nerre has made this sufficiently public to justify posting them. In the interest of keeping this from disrupting the thread I will spoiler the rest of this.
► Show Spoiler

Again, my apologies for bring this up after so much time had passed, but I was asked for permission to post those pm's from the moderator forum and I simply didn't have time earlier. If there are any further in game issues, I recommend bringing them up with your GM's, they have good heads on their shoulders.

Best,
Moose
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:35 am

Thanks for ruining my day this early! Really, Moose, this is sooo unnecessary. The argument has already died out over time and everybody forgot. I even tried to deal with being forced to read her story so mine does fit to what everybody writes. You didn't need to bring it up again. Why could you not just skip it if you had not time earlier?

Instead, I feel bashed again, thanks again for kicking me right in the face. A PM is a PM, and a right to not be harassed should count for everybody, but it does not, which is obvious to me by now, so spare me this topic please. I understood that I have less rights here, no need to rub it into my face any further. You don't even see my problem here, and all proof for it was lost with the old forum, where she by far did NOT do her best to minimize conflict but even started it. I should be the one blocking her, not the other way around. Ask those who were in the german translation back then (like Krulle) like I already said a few times, or just drop the cursed topic, which only discredits me.

Why can't you just let me enjoy this game or forum?

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:40 pm

:meh:

Everyone Please don't stroke this fire again. It's not necessary at this time.

The only other thing i'd add is that if your having that much frustration with the community Nerra maybe you should take a break for a day or two. Taking a break always helps me deal with things like this.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:29 am

As a GM I'd like to request that we collectively let this thing go. Obviously I'm not saying don't bring up any grievances you all might have in the future, but as we as a group have moved past this particular incident, lets just get on with our game and our lives. Everything is going pretty smoothly in-game now and I think we should try and keep said balance :)

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 am

Jacon, will Ajax be with Gereth during the mission? I am planning to let one event happen, which would be influenced by that.

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, Ajax usually is near Gereth unless stated otherwise.

SeeAMoose
Admin Moose on the Loose
Admin Moose on the Loose
UStream Username: See_a_Moose

Post by SeeAMoose » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:08 pm

Sorry again for bringing it up after so long and disrupting the thread. To be honest I should have posted it some weeks ago when I was first asked... or two weeks ago when I was asked for a second time, but life was a bit too busy then. However, I felt I did have to make a response in light of the public lobbying to strip Gathers of her moderator status.

Nerre, I didn't post your PM's, and you've pretty much made the whole argument public which is the only reason I posted mine when asked. I'm not going to continue with this but I did need to make that post.
I am one of the forum admins and chat moderators. Drop any of us a line if you ever need a hand in either the forum or the chat.
You can reach me at AdminMoose@goblinsforum.com or at BotWalter@gmail.com

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 pm

I now declare all npcs are now under the name of Bob. Even the females. :p

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:34 am

All: As Borys hasn't been on the forums for months, Boro the Carpenter is now officially an NPC. He is not destined to die as we've not had word that Borys is actually quitting - he might return and tell us all his computer exploded or something. He's just now officially an NPC, and the same applies to him as did to Durang: You may spend his accrued points to have him do stuff. He has 25. When he runs out, he's just a skilled NPC that you must spend your own points on to command. He has tools, I will c/p in his equipment as I did with Durang and Ril.

If any lurkers want to join in and take over Boro, they are welcome - just say so.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:36 am

Vote to let him help Min with the frame to skin animals and dry leather. And maybe craft handles for some of the tools everybody build lately.
We also have to call him Bob now, cause of what Burns did declare. ;)

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:06 am

The frame is what Yala is having built, I spent for it already so there's no point spending more for Boro to help. Same for the tools, Durang has already spent points on that. There are lots of other things he can do though, and because he's got points, you guys can spend them to have him do things by himself. Unlike proper NPCs who you have to send your character over to ask/give directions, Boro can just be moved around by you all, as if you were him.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 am

I am currently thinking about letting him prepare something for the burial caves, but until the scout mission is over, I cannot do that. I was thinking about some native northern american wooden platforms, so the dead kind of mummify in the wind, rather than burying them underground or putting stones on them or setting them on fire. We could build that on top of the cave, and then carry them inside once they are properly mummified. So much about the burial tradition, which I imagined would fit to our nature related clan. Burning rather fits to those who fight much like vikings. :D
The deathwatch rite was already a very fine idea, so I would add some burial which also would fit to a clan believing in spirits. :)

As they are our dead, I would like the rest to kind of vote on that or give opinions, since I don't want to just decide on my own how we bury them by just writing and paying for it. What you think?

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:39 am

Nerre.... you do not have the ability to let him do anything. You are not a Gm. You may request that he do something, nothing else.

As for burying the dead. Proper cavemen would probably just throw their dead over the edge of the cliff and then using their bones for stuff, how do you think fengo gets all of his bones to do his mumbo jumbo with? However, since we are not such cold heartless beasts, I would suggest we find a place in which to set them. (ex: a place within a dry cave, etc).

Nerre, if you don't want to spend the points to bury her, then someone else will or a GM will, we haven't dictated another voting session and although its not a horrible idea, this isn't a voting game.

Please learn to word your sentences in a way that doesn't make it sound like you want to control the game. Thanks.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:55 am

Oh come on. What did I do now to get such a reproving response? I write enthusiastically about an idea, and bamm, right in the face.

Sure I ment requesting him to do something, that is why I wrote "I think", "I would" and "we could". Not "I will do" or "We should".
Sure I am no GM. With letting do it I ment going back and role asking him if he could do it (= requesting), which is why I wrote I cannot do it before I get back to the cave, where he might be right now.
Sure it is no voting game. But somehow I have to tell other my opinion. Hitto is not at the cave, so I wrote vote so if anybody wanted to do the frames, he would have know somebody too thought this is a good idea. I did miss they were already paid for and being done right now. I only thought it might be fair if everybody discussed it a bit instead of somebody just making a request and see what happens. Maybe more than one has a good idea, so I posted mine to get some feedback. My intention was as far from controlling the game as you can imagine. For playing together you need to communicate and exchange ideas or share them, which is what I did.
Sure I want to spend points. Why you now make it sound like I want to save my own points and use his instead for something Hitto should do? Nikohl wrote we can use his to do something useful, so I thought about what to do. Nothing more. On top of that I did not know you expected Hitto to do the burial. He is young, while others are older and more honored in the tribe, like the chief, Vera, Fengo and Gereth. As they held the death rite, I expected them to do it, and the rest of us only preparing it.

And if you don't want us to imagine things, then the hell explain us how you want us to do it, but don't let us post ideas and spend time being creative only to learn that is not the way to do it. You are giving out mixed signals here. You did not say "No, that is not the kind of burial rite that is right" when Fengo and Gereth did the death watch during the night and even wrote how much you loved that level of creativity. And now: "No, your idea sucks cause that is not the way it is done by cavemen".

How the hell did I end up again with getting my post interpreted so awful? It can not only be my wording. I wrote "I think" and "we could" often enough. Give me some credit, damn it! This just totally killed my enthusiasm and mood, and on top of that, hurt my feelings for how lowly you seem to think about me.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:09 am

oh what have i done.
I'm tired and cranky from catching 2 mice at 3am instead of getting a full nights sleep. My apologies.

I am not trying to start something or put you down. or say your idea sucks. But based on how badly our attempt to get a tribe name "voted" on. It's probably better to not try to vote on things but to merely act.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:19 am

Thanks for making that clear.

About the tribe name: I saw a few suggestions, but it seemed the chief did not want to decide it yet, and wait until we settled there a bit more. How many name suggestions did you get so far?