Cavemen: OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Re: Cavemen: OOC

Post by Mereneth » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:25 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Okay, how in the hell did Hitto find out about Muck training Min and Yala? I am assuming it was something kept secret. >:?
I don't see him making any connections to Muck's training. oO

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am

He didn't. Nobody said anything about Muck's training at all.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:31 am

Can you quote the reference?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:56 pm

I believe what everyone's referring to is "Oh, and I found this. I picked up that Min asked you to train with her and Vera." - there wasn't actually mention of Muck, just that Min asked Yala to come and practice with them.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Yea I meant the training with Yala. Sorry.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Somebody talked about it when he was present. You just ignored him but he still was there.
:zzz:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:28 pm

I think it is safe to assume that they did not talk directly in front of him, Nerre. >:?

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:47 pm

They also ignored Boe, and Hitto was looking for Boe. Boe was asleep, but Hitto not. Technically they had their full moon cicle talk with him already being back from the short trip to Gereth and Fengo. Maybe he was waiting in the shadows, respectfully waiting till they were done with their female topics or just leaving at some point, but he was there. Not for the full talk, but for parts of it. ;)

That's the problem with some things being written retroactively, some writing often and some only rarely. It is hard to sort it in chronologically.

But for the sake of people getting off my back, I changed it and left out the training-with-vera part. He now just offers it independently and directy her to her brother for learning.

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 pm

I received word from Mereneth - something along the lines that he - for now - has some kind of Internet access and also time to post on his hands.

On the other issue, as mentioned by burns & nikohl: I dunno if this has been amended/addressed to yet or not, so I'm going to spoiler it.
► Show Spoiler
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:20 am

All sorted I think, Gathers :)

I heard from Mere too - don't know how long term his situation is, but there's a roof over his head again, which is great.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 am

Yes because they are going to ignore a male that is there concious. :meh: Hell, I did not even know Hitto was there so.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:11 am

Do you guys want to do another post or two before i post a response?

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:32 am

Erm, no, at least I don't. I thought it was pretty clear from the way I wrote it. But maybe you know how it is, sometimes: You have an idea and it's all very obvious to you - because you're the one who had the idea - but to someone outside of your head, it's not that obvious. :oops:

I pictured it that way: Min sneaks into Muck's training grounds for a better look and, because there is just soooo much to take in altogether (and she's not really learned in doing reconnaissance missions either, not knowing when to pause, stop and look around e.g. for opponents; while her curiosity drives her on), she isn't aware that she's basically sneaking up on Muck (whose back is turned on her, doings something not too loud and who is not straight ahead, but a little veered off to one side; so not really in her LoS). Then, when she'd really close (like 5 steps away or so) to him already (but doesn't know that), she happens to notice some movement of his (out of the corner of her eye). She turns her head into that direction, and, as luck would have it, precisely in that moment, the sun gets reflected from his newfound knife once more, blinding her. She steps on a twig, snapping it, loud enough for Muck (who has probably been too busy with his preparations so far to notice someone approaching - but that's your decision, really. Maybe he has heard her and - very amusedly - has followed her progress. :lol: ) to hear.
So, basically I was waiting for Muck's reaction ever since I put up that post. ^^

Very sorry, if that wasn't as clear as I hoped it to be. And if anything is not to your liking, just tell me so, and we can work something out. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

will respond this evening!

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:28 am

I hope the little anecdote I inserted into my latest post about a previous encounter of part of the tribe with some of Rongarr's men is alright (both by the GMs, as well as Mereneth/Muck, who plays an important part in that story).

If not and/or if you want any changes, as always, please tell me so. :thumbsup:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:41 am

I have no problem with you guys elaborating on your own backstories, as long as it doesn't take too many liberties with group history. If there's anything that completely contradicts something I had in my brain re: the history of the tribe or the timeline of the world, I'll say so, but I doubt that will happen very often.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 pm

how high is the population density? Are there likely to be other tribes around or natives or something, or was it already bad luck for us to have the wolf people so close by?

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:54 pm

You have not seen any other people on your journey to this new place. Rongarr's raiders were your neighbours in your previous home - not right in the next cave or anything, but they knew you were there and you knew they were there, but the attack itself came out of the blue. Where you came from, you knew there were several other groups of people (inc. Rongarr's tribe) who were all within a couple of days' journey, but now you are 3+ weeks away from your old home and you basically just fled in the first direction you could run in, so you really have no idea what else is around you until you do some scouting.

That's one thing I don't want you guys to do: spend points on finding people. If there are other tribes around here, they will be introduced in GM posts or discovered via quests and stuff. I don't mind large numbers of points being spent on finding the odd remnant of a long-gone human presence - for example, Muck found a human skeleton and a knife, but it cost a lot and it was generations old. [As a side note: if that kind of discovery happens often, I will be drastically increasing the cost - it's not meant to be easy out here, so people stumbling across weapons and tools should be an extremely rare occurrence] - I won't accept people finding recent fires, or footprints, or that kind of thing, as I've already gone ahead and made the point that the valley is empty and wild. You guys are meant to be isolated at this stage in the game.

While I'm posting, here's a semi-official announcement: Badge is busy running his GAL quests from now on, so will be taking a less active role in the game, both as a GM and a player. He's still involved, just a bit less so. And in case people missed him talking about it in various other threads, he doesn't have much of a presence on the forum at weekends, so bear that in mind if you're expecting responses.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:18 pm

nikohl wrote:That's one thing I don't want you guys to do: spend points on finding people.
Thats exactly why I asked, I wanted to prevent that somebody did this, since the idea already appear to me too, but then I thought 'bad idea', cause we could just transfer points into additional clan members for example. :)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 am

...I don't know what I can do. :? And I am getting tired of waiting

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 am

You can do anything you like, that's what the points are for. It's meant to be very freeform. If you don't want to do any more work on your garden, there's work needed at the burial cave, there are improvements that can be made to the home cave, there's always a requirement for more food or firewood...

We've lost a few players since the game started so there's slightly fewer chances for interaction with other players when a few have split off into groups and left the cave, but Hitto, Yala, and Boe are all at the home cave if you wanted to do some interpersonal roleplay. Gereth is also still around I think, although he might be napping.

Mereneth
Voices Opinions

Post by Mereneth » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 pm

nikohl wrote:That's one thing I don't want you guys to do: spend points on finding people. If there are other tribes around here, they will be introduced in GM posts or discovered via quests and stuff. I don't mind large numbers of points being spent on finding the odd remnant of a long-gone human presence - for example, Muck found a human skeleton and a knife, but it cost a lot and it was generations old. [As a side note: if that kind of discovery happens often, I will be drastically increasing the cost - it's not meant to be easy out here, so people stumbling across weapons and tools should be an extremely rare occurrence] - I won't accept people finding recent fires, or footprints, or that kind of thing, as I've already gone ahead and made the point that the valley is empty and wild. You guys are meant to be isolated at this stage in the game.
To be clear, I did imply a curse of sorts on the blade, plus foreshadowing and other stuff that if i go into detail on will ruin my future contribution plans =p. I'm using it as a plot device!

And if it wasn't obvious, as good a warrior/hunter as muck makes himself appear, I made some things... gah i want to explain it all and not spoiler stuff >.> :wall:

I'm hoping you don't believe i'd eventually have muck stumble on the lost city of atlantis or something with this kind of trend.

... If I stockpile 5000 points can I do that? =p

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:49 am

I'm not saying you were going to do that... And a curse would of course just be in your heads since there isn't magic in this world (:p) I was just making sure I clarified a rules point before it potentially became an issue :)

Jacon
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Jacon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:49 pm

Gereth is taking a walk waiting for dinner. Feel free to interact with him.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:57 am

Alright, everyone - firstly, sorry I've been a bit slow in responding, I've felt pretty crappy for a few weeks now and I'm still really tired, but I'm hoping to get back on track shortly.

An announcement: Mereneth has had to withdraw from the game pretty much completely now.

And the main point of my post - a question! Because the groups are split up and some of the players are basically stuck waiting, I would like your approval (or at least a majority approval) to make a GM post indicating the start of the funeral. This prevents Min and the NPCs with her from being stuck at the forest with no resolution to their plot while we figure out what is happening there, it means that Jacon and Aegis can become re-involved as it will be the evening time, and it means that everyone at the cave isn't stuck waiting. It's basically a fastforward - it won't really affect anyone negatively, and it should kickstart progress again.

We will have to explain what happened with Muck, Min, Vera and the tribeswoman at the forest, but this way we can sort that out via PM and update the thread later without delaying everyone else.

If that's OK by most of you, I'll sort out making a post that basically indicates everyone re-groups at the cave in mid-afternoon, then moves to the burial cave for Ril's ceremony. I'll talk through the main part where the body is interred, and then it'll be open again for roleplaying posts, and it will move to the evening.