The Unhallowed Isle OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

The Unhallowed Isle OOC

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:29 am

This is the OOC thread for the Unhallowed Isle game. Any issues between players, discussion of events, questions about the RP, or any such thing should be brought here.

To start off with: Here's an updated town map, with the locations of all NPCs. Nerre's house is still left unset for now.
townmap_text.png
EDIT: Updated to include Gru-Baak's house.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Loyal Backstabber on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Re: The Unhallowed Isle OOC

Post by Borys » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

How should our posts look like?
Can we do whatever we want?
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:02 am

Well, my narration is pretty much novel format, so that's what I recommend, but mostly it's up to you.

Until the plot picks up, there's a ton of freedom. You can do anything you want that your characters is physically capable of right now.
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 am

I will try to do some forensic analysis of the corpse, being an academy guy after all.
:zzz:

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:52 pm

So, I've been working on some terrain images and monster and PC graphics, and I decided I'd done enough that I should probably get some opinions. So I went ahead and made a nighttime battle against some undead with two randomly selected characters (Boro an Dietro). Thoughts?
nightscene.png
The lights show sight of the players, with any spots of vision based around light being colored as the light source. The circles of light around the PCs are to show what they have perfect sight of, the lights around the monsters are because their glowing eyes give away their position and show some of what's around them, and the thing around the cloaked figure marks it as hard to see precisely, but easy to pinpoint, as it as an aura around it but constant darkness beyond the aura.

And yes, I realize the graphics aren't perfect, but I'm not really that skilled at graphics design. I've never actually taken a course in it or anything, and so I only have the skills I learned on my own while messing around with GIMP.

Sometime later, I may put up a full list of images of known monsters and PCs, but for now, I'll leave it here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:38 am

Which of them are monsters, and which of them are players? It's hard to tell.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 am

Hmm... That could be an issue. The solid yellow one with red eyes and a faint red glow, the green one with glowing yellow eyes, the teal and red one with yellow eyes, and the black area are monsters. The people at either corner are players.

I'll see if I can get a post up in the main thread soon. It may take me a few minutes, though.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:03 am

The image seems a bit small, even on my large monitor I need to basically eat the screen to make out the smaller details, and those details can be important in determining players from monsters. If the image could be scaled up, maybe 1.5x at least, it could be clearer, and it would be an acceptable loss of detail.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 am

Okay, I'll see what I can do about that. I'll have a new post up soon.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 am

Can I have my character start out down on shipwreck beach looking for stuff to build a still out of???
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Sure. That will work just fine.

EDIT: Here's what I came up with when I scaled a small image up as suggested. It's Nerre in the image, by the way. Thoughts?
sharpnesstest.png

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Well, I can definitely see the details more easily than with the tiny image. I'd be good with that.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:44 am

OOC: Do the footsteps follow the beach or come from the jungle like Eric...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:33 am

They follow the beach at first, then eventually disappear into the jungle.

EDIT TO PREVENT DOUBLE POST: Please keep strictly OOC comments in this thread if possible. Since Eric knows the layout better than the enemy, it seems that he's taking a route they don't know. There aren't many actual paths, as the island isn't very populous.

I'll have an IC post in a minute.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:33 am

Somehow I thought I put both OCC Posts over here...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Sorry I think I might have to opt out of the game. I don't have the time I thought I had lately and I have a bit of trouble keeping up because of that. I hope it doesn't disrupt too much :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Theis2 wrote:Sorry I think I might have to opt out of the game. I don't have the time I thought I had lately and I have a bit of trouble keeping up because of that. I hope it doesn't disrupt too much :)
Is that saying you have to opt out, or might have to? I'm a bit unclear, as the sentence could be interpreted either way. If you do opt out either way, we can still keep your character available by having them just stay around the town, so if things start to clear up you can rejoin if you want.

I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble either way. Still, if you do have to leave, it shouldn't cause too many problems, and it will certainly be possible to come back if you feel like it.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Sorry about the unclarity, but I am quiting the the game for now. Hopefully I will be able to get some extra time available sooner or later though
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Okay. That's too bad. I'll keep my fingers crossed, however.

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Sorry for being so late with posting, my sleep schedule has been all messed up to the point where I'm waking up at 8PM nowadays. I'll try better to stay caught up.

Also, that sucks Theis, I hope you can rejoin us soon. :/
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:58 am

Nerre, Orga, Broys

You do realize my last post was at you?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:59 am

Oh, heh, didn't see that...
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Is the handgun a wheel lock, flint lock, matchlock or some strange kind of magic lock?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

It's a flintlock, although it has been improved some by magic.

I'll get a post up soon.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Is it just me or is Nerre completely ignoring my existence in this game?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr