The Unhallowed Isle

Home to all current Forum Games.
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Re: The Unhallowed Isle

Post by Theis2 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:50 am

"Hmmph.. Weird, I guess we should attempt an ambush at some point, but for now I need to find some food."
Basher scratches his head and turn towards the forest for easy prey.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:01 pm

"He has been sleeping soundly for some time. I trust you ate well?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

Gru-Baak does indeed follow the tracks with Boro, determined to protect the village....and eager for a fight.
Unhallowed Isle - Gru-Baak Ironheart
Magic, Mazes, and Monsters Oh my! 2 - Bal-Ghash Zajar/Mage

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 am

(OOC: My previous post got eaten for some reason, so I'll try to be brief.)

As Gru-Baak, Boro, and two other townspeople continued along the path, they came across a group of three men sitting around a campfire. Two wore bandanas, while the other had brown and was dressed in finer white and blue clothes. Near them sat a number of odd items, like a flute with an orange glow coming from inside of it. They hadn't noticed the group yet, but one step forwards and they might.

Basher had a fair amount of luck with his hunting, and was soon close to full.

As Basher walked through the forest to continue to hunt, he came to a man with black hair which hung down to his shoulders who was dressed in green robes. He was leaning on a tree, and had rested a long wooden staff on it as well. The man didn't look up from the ground.

"I ate enough," Runni replied. "Anyway, things are getting interesting, or so I've heard. A group just went out to fight the killers, for one thing."
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

My forum game: The Unhallowed Isle (recruiting). OOC.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 am

Boro goes ahead of others and yells:
"What do you want from us strangers?! If you come in peace no harm will be done against you..."
He also uses 1 point for spell number 6.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:57 am

Hey guy! You finding anything in the ground or what?
Basher will walk closer towards the guy and poke him on the head if he doesn't respond.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:29 am

Unfortunately, Boro's pursuasive skills weren't enough to make his spell truly effective against the group, at least that time. The man without a bandana got up and approached him. "And who would you be? We are a scouting party for admiral Trisdan, here to make sure that this island was abandoned so that we could set up a colony."

The man looked up. He had a tattoo over one side of his face, although it hadn't been obvious at first. It seemed strangely familiar, but Basher couldn't remember where he'd seen it before.

"Well, I found some stones and leaves, but they are not particularly valuable to me. I'm a bit surprised to see you so far from your village, though. I thought you stayed away from the lands we Keep."
You know you're playing D&D when your party is bartering to get good prices on the sold equipment of a party member... While that party members stands 5 feet away and protests.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm afraid it isn't good sir.
I'm giving my full esteem to your admiral, we don't want any troubles with him, but as you see island isn't abandoned... I'm sure we can make some compromise with you, that won't harm both sides.
And by the way (forgive my directness) did you kill one of locals? We found him today...
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:02 pm

The blond man snickered. "Yeah, we killed someone. So what? He had a few things that we wanted to show the admiral, such as a flute that can blast flames. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to turn it into a weapon, as it seems to have strength based around the quality of the player."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Well people gotta eat and personally I like fresh meat on the table.
Basher motions to what he have caught so far.
But what are you looking for then?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:45 pm

"I am looking at the flow of the curse over this land. As it warps us, I find that I can detect what is happening further away if I focus on the way the curse warps because they use their granted powers. It's rather interesting, really."

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:28 pm

By powers you mean the ones we got from this island?
I don't think I really understand what you are saying but I really don't care now as I'm sure whatever you see now from the village are confused people talking about a dead guy. Correct me if I'm wrong or there actually is some other interesting things happening here.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Loyal Backstabber wrote:The blond man snickered. "Yeah, we killed someone. So what? He had a few things that we wanted to show the admiral, such as a flute that can blast flames. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to turn it into a weapon, as it seems to have strength based around the quality of the player."
Nerre is not as diplomatic as Boro, as he is heavily enraged by the words of the man, not giving much on the live of others and their belongings.
"You openly admit you killed somebody only cause you wanted something that belonged to him? Somebody who lived here, like us, while you are the strangers? This does not sound like you are here to find out if the island is abandoned, but rather to make sure it is abandoned so you can build your colony without trouble. "

If the men attack or draw some kind of weapon, he will use 4 of his MP to strike with storm of elements. If one charges at him, he will grow stone spikes out of the earth, directed against the charge, using 2 MP overall.

If they do only talk, but not attack, he will stay alarmed and try to see where there weapons are and what kind of weapons they are.
:zzz:

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 pm

"Heh, they can go off on manhunts if they please. I've no interest in searching for trouble," Dietro stands to allow Runni to sit, "I'm glad I could provide you with that much needed break. I will come back after this night's meal to see how you fare."
With that, Dietro exits the building and heads to the centre of town to listen to the people talking.
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:15 am

"Hmph, Oi loik yur stuff tew" Gru-Baak would say with a sneer, spending one MP on Iron Fists.
EDIT: Future actions: If the man so much as looks at Gru-Baak wrong, he will punch him in the face as hard as he can.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:22 am

If situation turns into fight Boro will spent 3 points for his dragon power.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:22 am

If situation turns into fight Boro will spent 3 points for his dragon power, against all of the strangers.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

"I wouldn't worry too much about them," replied the strange man. "This is neither the first nor the last time such a thing happens. I am sure that, as long as things do not deteriorate further, we can keep control of the tomb."

on the mountain, things fall silent. Then the men slowly get up, readying weapons. They were slow to react, however, and the other attacks caught them off guard. The campfire twisted and struck them, the stones of the earth hurled at them, and the harsh winds blasted them.

As they regained their focus, they tried to dodge the bolt of fire with more, but not complete, success.

One of the men landed on his feet and charged at Gru-Baak, only to be sent hurtling back as Gru-Baak made a well-aimed strike. He jumped back, then collapsed into unconsciousness.

However, it seemed the other two weren't about to give up. Schifo raised his hands and yelled at Nerre, "See not!"

Nerre saw a flash of bright light and closed his eyes instinctively, but found that he couldn't open them again.

The remaining man with a bandana touched Schifo, and his hand glowed faintly. Yellow lines spread over Schifo's body, flowing into his burns, then vanished. The wounds looked slightly better afterwards.

"Thanks, Lernso. Can you take Rhedri and get him out of here? I don't want us to end up with a literal skeleton crew. I'll finish things up here," said Schifo.

The man with the bandana nodded and started to drag their unconscious ally away.

((OOC: Nerre has a chance of recovering every round, but until then, he can target people with actions and such, but he won't know who they are unless he takes extra time to make sure he's got the target right. This particular fight won't have a map as I'm still trying different levels of scaling. 150% normal size looks pretty good, so I'll probably use it in the end.))

There was a lot of discussion of the things that had already happened, but there was also some talk of more of the robed men around the isle, seeming to stand around in a pattern. There was also talk about a door being seen up on the peaks, but nobody was sure how true the story was.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Wait what tomb? We lost a couple of wards to what supposedly was a cloaked figure.. Could it have been something from that tomb?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Boro sends fireball after Lernso and Rhedri. He doesn't want any survivors. He remembers from his ship times how many troubles surviving enemies could make. He remembers how many troubles he made, after fleeing from traitors' hands. Deadly troubles... Memories enraged him, he used all of his remaining points for this fireball.
"Gru-Baak, take care of this scum," He shouted pointing remaining soldier. "and you, help me get those cowards!" He yelled at townsfolk, that came with him.
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 pm

The man smiled cryptically (yes, I know that pun was bad given the grave situation), and then said, "Let us just say that in a land like this, even the dead are impatient. You may wish to investigate it sometime, although be sure to bring plenty of light with you if you do."

Lernso dove out of the way of the fireball, but his unconscious ally wasn't so lucky. The corpse started to burn away merrily. Lernso looked furious, and got ready to fight with what little he had.

A quick turn told Boro that the other two townspeople had vanished. How odd, since it didn't seem like them to run away.

Stats:

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Shipwreck Beach
Eric carried the long staff of bamboo down from out of the jungle. It would be low tide soon, and Eric needed to get out and see if he could leverage out the broken copper pot from the rocks. He longed for some distilled spirts, or anything decently alcholic again. It is not like he found being on the island all that tough compared to the slums of Ankra, it was more like being on detachment. Eric shook his head when his thoughts turned towards his lost company..."Best forget it..." he said outloud.

A moment later Eric stepped thru the underbrush and onto the early morning beach. Old habits die hard, so he naturally swept his eyes across the horizon and up and down the beach before stepping further out into the sand of the beach.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Orga the Strange
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Orga the Strange » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:24 pm

As soon as he was given the command, Gru-Baak charged at the enemy soldier. His heart pumped with adrenaline, a wide grin revealing snaggled teeth and tusks. In his element, he was quite possibly the happiest man on the island right now. Perhaps even the world. As charged the man, a fist held behind him winding up for an uppercut his skin would thicken and toughen as he used his last 2 MP on Ironhide.

Loyal Backstabber
Speaks Quietly

Post by Loyal Backstabber » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Eric saw a set of footprints leading up to the water as he looked. They appeared not to return. There was a strange line in the sand following along between them, as if the person had been carrying something on their back that hung to the ground.

He then noticed how, out to see a bit, an iron braclet had been washed up onto a spiky rock, which had caught it and still held it. It was chipped and damaged, but did not appear rusty.

Gru-Baak missed, although his protective spell worked, and the two men looked to see what Nerre would do. He had a shot at taking Lernso down, but he might hit the wrong person all the same.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Dietro calls out to the people around him, "Though I have always enjoyed listening to rumours spread around the tavern, talking about them will teach us nothing. If anybody knows of who these stories originated from, send them to me. I would hear the original tales, to accurately gauge whether we stand to learn anything from any of it... If you wonder why I am suited to this task, decyphering the importance in rumours is part of a minstrel's job."
My game:

My characters: